G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon A Time ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Summary: Two different people share part of the same past. George De Sand and Claudia Mirabeau pause to reflect on the events of the Marseilles Tragedy. Little do these two know they are about to meet and discover they are not so different.

(Short introduction story to The Importance of Being Arrogant)

  Once Upon A Time By: Forever-Heartless  

Part One

[Neo-France, F.C. 63]

George sighed and pushed his hair out of his face. He sat outside at a small round table with his elbows on it, resting his chin in his hand. His bright, violet eyes stared straight ahead. The sun was starting to set, turning the sky a brilliant shad of red and purple. It was nearing time for the start of the 15th Gundam Fight Tournament and memories were flowing back from the last tournament. But they weren’t happy memories. They were terrible memories that haunted him. He winced. He had tried so hard to forget, to let go, but the memory still remained.

-_-_-_-_-_-_- 5 years ago, Neo-France-_-_-_-_-_-

‘Coward.’ George thought as he chased after his opponent. Jean-Pierre Mirabeau turned and quickly launched his missals. George was unable to move in time and took a direct hit. He looked around, desperately trying to find his opponent. Mirabeau snuck up on him and kicked him across the face before fleeing. George followed close behind him. “You’d turn your back on your opponent?” George asked, “In that case, Rose Bits!” He prepared to attack. George gasped and came to a halt. Mirabeau was standing in front of the spectator’s stand. Mirabeau chuckled, “Can’t do a thing, can you?” George clutched his fists and frowned, “This is unfair.” “Now I’ll finish you off!” Mirabeau fired several sets of missals at George, who stood and took the hits, afraid of putting the audience in danger.

The king stood and waved his arm, “Stop!” Mirabeau froze and they both turned their attention to their king. “Mirabeau, your atrocious fighting style has been a constant eye sore. Therefore, George De Sand, you shall be the nations fighter.” Mirabeau’s face was suddenly twisted with rage, “How dare you!” He spun around and started to attack the king. George quickly got to his feet. “Stop it!” he yelled as he lunged forward. George hit Mirabeau in the midsection of the gundam and he fell to the ground. But it was too late. George stood and watched in horror as the missals flew into the stands. Two of the missals hit a pillar, causing the giant torch on top to topple off onto the crowd below. The flames of the fires soared high and dense clouds of black rose to the sky. The sun, that now sat low in the west, turned the sky a deep red.

George began to tremble. People screamed and ran in panic, searching for their families and for a way to escape their fiery grave. George looked down and his shaky hand, ‘How could I have done this to all those innocent people?’ His hand folded into a fist as he sank to his knees. He squeezed his eyes shut and screamed. He stayed down on his knees and cried, listening to the roar of the fire around him.

-_-_-_-_-_-End of flashback-_-_-_-_-_-_-

George’s breath caught in his through and it felt like he was suffocating. “All of those innocent people,” he whispered to himself, “Dead…because of me.” The wind picked up and blew his long red hair into his face. “Master George, is something wrong?” Raymond asked, suddenly appearing behind him. “No, I’m fine.” George lied, not wanting his butler to worry about him. Raymond gave him a questionable look, then handed him and small envelop, “This arrived in the mail for you.” George extended a sweaty hand and took hold of it. He carefully ripped it open and took out the card inside. It was an invitation to a formal party for the Gundam pilots of the 15th Gundam Fight Tournament. George set it aside and sighed. It would be rude of him not to go, but he didn’t really feel much like going to a party.

George leaned back in his chair and sighed once more. The cool night breeze helped calm him down. “Master George,” Raymond said, appearing once again, “the princess is here to see you. She says it’s important.” George stood up and stuffed the card into his pocket as he walked toward his mansion with two thoughts on his mind, ‘What must Marie have to say to me that’s this important?’ and ‘I hope nothing goes wrong at this tournament.’