Gakuen Alice Fan Fiction ❯ Sensitivity to Love ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue

If father knew, he would have done something to prevent this from happening to me. It is growing, the distance between him and me. I need to get away from them--these people who are taking me somewhere else than home. I think their mission involved myself somehow... As they forced me to go. Before heading inside, I thought about father and what he would have done.

In a black vehicle with four other people, the kidnapped child sat there with a blank expression. However, the atmosphere was darkening, almost as dark as an abyss. Having to be alone in the backseat of the car with them, there was sudden surge to hug oneself. The child felt an odd aura from each kidnapper, there was much surrounding them that it would frighten anyone.

"Hey, quit playing with his hair!" said the one who had catlike eyes. He was glaring at the person beside him. He thought it was annoying, especially when they decided to have the child sit on his lap. The the car could only fit so many. "He doesn't like it, you transvestite!"

"Hayate, you silly, the child is a girl! And she looks adorable with ponytails!" His ladylike fingers continued to twirl, and curl the short strands as he smiled. He had a womanly appearance, but that did not bother the kid at all. "Actually, I want her to have braids instead!"

"Should I sit between the two of them?" She looked over to her right, her attention focusing at the person in the front seat. He had his whole face was partly covered in bandages, as if his injury was serious. Not that the child knew, or remember since the kidnap was a blur to her.

I sat there quietly, trying to understand what was going on. Being like father was hard work. Because I was tempted enough to ask Hayate, who I am assuming is his name, if I looked cute. Or at least find a mirror to see if that person beside us was right. However, it was by instinct that I did not speak.

Gates began to open in front of the black car, as the vehicle blended well in the midnight. She noticed that the wheels were moving slower than before, and by then it came to a halt. Being led out of the car by the driver with his cold hands, her fear did not disappear, as much as the child wanted to trust him. She stood there watching the gates from before, as they begin to close.

"You're not thinking of escaping, are you?" it was a sudden whisper in her ear, as she turned around immediately. He wore a white mask that hid half of his face, that masked his eyes from her. She wanted to remove it, out of curiosity at first, but dared not to after having second thoughts. "You will like it here, at Alice Academy."

"Why did you take me here? Is father here?" She muttered to herself, hoping that nobody had heard her say that. Her attention went back to the driver, but once more a few more words came out of her mouth. "Can I see him? Where is he?"

"That will have to depend on you, of course." He smirked, his words still sounding sly. She waited for him to finish off his sentence, since the silence made it understandable for the man to continue. "Do make the right choices now."

It surprised me that there was a girl, being carried by the same man who is leading me somewhere. He was also taking us away, from the other two who were still arguing about of who should take me and, or the girl called Nobara. Before we left, the driver handed me an envelope and told me to give it to the person who is in charge of where we were heading to. I held it tightly, but it still flew out of my hands and I had to go grab it.

For the fourth time, the envelope managed to leave her hands. She ended up having to chase after it again, until it landed perfectly in front of a door of a large building with many windows. The child spun around to ask the man if they were at the right place, but he was no longer there, he had disappeared with the girl in his arms. She swung herself back at the entrance, her mind told her to knock, so she did.

"What is this? A new student out of the blue?" a machine blurted out, when it opened the door. In its arms were children, tugging onto the robot as if they were scared of what was in front of them. "Why are you here? Where is your envelope?"

"I don't know where I am, but do you know what Alice Academy is?" the child replied, but the robot was not listening. It took the envelope from her, then it ripped off the seal and pulled out the letter. She took a pause, because she was waiting for the machine to finish reading it. "He said I will like it there, is that true?"

"Call me, Takahashi. Come with me if you want to sleep." the robot advised, while getting the children back into their rooms. The kid hurried to close the door behind her, as she caught up with the robotic thing. "My dear, you should switch out of those. Let me get you something nicer. "

"Huh? What does she mean?" She realized that the robot was referring to her komon, it was dirtied by mud and stains. Her bare feet were also covered in dried mud, with a few scratches and cuts here and there. "Oh no, what should I do? Will I get it back it?"

I shamelessly changed in front of the robot in the hallway and handed her the clothing, in exchange for another set of clothes. Takahashi left, sighing at my disgraceful action. I should have felt ashamed for undressing in front of the children, who had to hide their eyes. After that, they clung onto the robot more and followed it to the laundry room. But if there was anything to be shameful of, it was not to be yourself.

She began to walk around by herself, having to feel somewhat lost when she was standing there alone. Each door the child had passed, there was a name engraved on the plate. From the far right, she had noticed a staircase that led upward. She started to wander again, after reaching the floor that was above her before. From the far left, there was a stairway, she was about to go over there when she heard something.

"Eh? Kiddo?" She felt a sudden change in the atmosphere, when that toddler came out of nowhere. As if it was a contagious disease, instantly the curious girl was feeling strangely depressed. Her stomach was full of gloom too, for some reason. "Kiddo is sad? Why?"

Chocolate bed hair, sleepless caramel eyes and is being followed by low spirits. His tiredly attention is at me, the concentration he had earlier seemed to have disappeared. I took a few steps toward him, but he was unable to move. He then fell down backwards, not out of fright, but because of his legs had no more strength left in them. That was when I pulled him off the floor and into my arms. His expression changed a little, it seemed to have a bit more emotion to it, besides the sleepiness.

Their search for relief had to start at the first floor, she thought. So she carried him down the stairs, where they began to look. However, instead of finding what they were looking for, she noticed that there was a doorway not that far from them. She turned the doorknob and pushed through, there were rows of tables and benches everywhere. Strangely, there was an instant sigh she heard closely to her ear, it came the cute toddler.

"Sen-oneechan will find it for kiddo. Because it gives kiddo, his happiness." His expression had softened even more, as if he knew what the she was talking about. She wanted to smile back at him, to let him know that she was someone he could believe in. To have hope in greatly, the kid liked the idea of being depended on. "When you are sad, I am sad. If you were happy, then I will be happy."

After that small talk we had earlier, he was acting like a koala, that was clinging onto me as if I were a tree. At first it was alright, until he began to grab a handful of hair and violently pulled it. He then had his other hand holding tightly onto my shirt, while trying to keep himself from falling off. I ended up falling down and landing on my back, with the koala bear safely in my arms.

She felt the toddler pushing her arms away from him, as he started to walk toward something that looked brown and furry. He pulled it out of the flower pot and into his hands, then he hugged it. Apparently the teddy bear was his happiness, he had been missing it for so long. By then he fell asleep with his teddy bear by his side, while the child carried him back into the main hallway.

"Bedtime, when is it? Right now?" the kid began to yawn, before rubbing her eyes. She went up the stairs, and had continued to keep going until she was at the top. On that floor, she noticed the plates on the doors did not have anything engraved on them. "How much sleep did I get before being taken away? Why is it so hard to remember?"

At the end of the hallway in the top floor of the building, there were curtains that were covering up the window. I decided to open one of the doors at my left without a name on the plates after I got a good glance outside, only to find the room quite dusty and old. My first impression was to leave immediately, but instead I went inside and sat on the only furniture there. I put myself and him in bed right after, while pulling the bed sheets over us. It felt cold at first, having to sleep in this bedroom, but at least I am not sleeping outside in complete darkness.

However, the child was unable to fall asleep, no matter how tired she was. Even with the cute toddler beside her, she was worried about her father and herself. Her head was full of it, the random flashbacks and incomplete thoughts. She decided to try and sleep on it again, the confusion and questions until the next day.