Gakuen Alice Fan Fiction ❯ The journey to find the Alice in America ❯ The past is coming back to haunt Casey... ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“How do you eat with these things?” Daniella asked after a while as she tried out how to use her chopsticks (They ate in chopsticks that night since Mikan, Natsume, Ruka, and Hotaru had no idea how to use spoon and fork).
 
“You hold it like this.” Ruka said helpfully as he showed the Brigade twins how to hold chopsticks. Daniella and Damien tried to copy him but failed miserably. “Argh! I can never get how to use Japanese utensils!” Damien whined.
 
Then he and his sister stared at Casey. “Lazy idiots… Fine, I'll get you two spoons and forks. Happy?” Casey said after she swallowed then stood up. “Thanks Casey!” Daniella and Damien exclaimed simultaneously with gnomish smiles on their faces.
 
Casey frowned at the two of them and then left the room. Daniella and Damien watched then spent the rest five minutes watching their Japanese guests eat and after those five minutes, Casey came back with two spoons, and two forks. “Happy?” she asked as she gave them to the Brigade twins.
 
“Oh yes, very,” Daniella exclaimed cheerfully and she and her brother started eating. Casey sighed and then took her seat again. “Hey everyone,” Casey started. “About tomorrow, Mikan, Natsume, Hotaru, Ruka, we've already prepared your school bags,” she said.
“And the wake up time is seven o' clock AM. There aren't any school uniforms since we go to a public school (did I get that right?), so you can dress up in anything you like. Your lessons are the same time as Da, Dani, and my lessons, so we three will all be going to the same classroom. Got it?” Casey asked.
 
Casey received nods in reply from Hotaru, Ruka, and Natsume. Mikan was still eating. Casey decided to repeat the past five sentences she just said to Mikan after dinner. “Dinner was so good!” Mikan exclaimed as they walked out of the dining room.
 
“Glad you liked it.” Daniella said as she checked her map to find the shortest path to the room elevator. “Hey guys, we turn left at the next four way crossing corner.” Daniella suddenly said. “Got it.” Casey said as they came across the four way crossing corner.
 
Soon, they came across the elevator. Daniella put down her map and hummed as she pressed the -Where are you elevator?- button. Soon, the elevator arrived and everyone went in. “Umm… What floor are you guys staying in?” Damien asked the Japanese kids.
 
“What?” Mikan asked. Then she noticed all the buttons to go to the many different room floors. “Wow!” she exclaimed. “Umm… I think they're in floor seven.” Casey said thoughtfully. “Then floor seven, here we come!” Daniella said as she pushed the floor seven button.
 
They soon were in a long hallway, reading the names posted on the doors to figure out who owned the room. “Uhh… Yes! Found it! Mikan, that's your room! Hotaru's is the room after that! And across Mikan's room is Natsume's room! And across Hotaru's room is Ruka's room!” Daniella pointed out.
 
“Alright, each room has their own bathroom and entertainment system. The rooms are also soundproof so you won't go and disturb your neighbors. Go it? Good.” Damien said. “Casey's room happens to be at the end of the hall too, so it your toilet gets plugged of something, just call her.” Daniella said.
 
“Daniella!” Casey exclaimed angrily. “Anyway,” Damien said quickly. “My room's at the eighth floor and Dani's room is at the ninth. Our names are posted on our doors. Well, I'm tired and I need to go to sleep. Good night.” he said before rushing off into the elevator and Daniella quickly followed after him.
 
Casey sighed. “Anyway, you guys should go off to bed. If you can't go to sleep, don't knock on by bedroom door. I'm exhausted. You can just read your books until you start to feel sleepy, okay?” Casey asked. Mikan suddenly remembered the book Casey suggested her to read.
 
“Okay,” Mikan said as Hotaru wordlessly went into her room. “Good night Hotaru!” Mikan called after her best friend. Casey checked the time. “I'd better be going to bed. Good night Mikan, Natsume, and Ruka.” Casey said before going off to her room.
 
“Good night Casey!” Mikan called after her. “Oh, and good night to the two off you too, Natsume, Ruka.” Mikan said before going into her room. Ruka yawned. “Night Natsume.” Ruka said before going into his room. “Night.” Natsume said then he also went inside his room.
 
That night, everything was silent. But then the silence was pierced by a shriek coming from Casey's room. “EEEEEEKKK!!!” Mikan jerked awake. “What's wrong?” Mikan asked as she went out of her room. “I don't know.” Hotaru replied as she emerged from next door.
 
Natsume and Ruka went out of their rooms, looking both surprised. “What happened?” asked Ruka. “That, I do not know the answer to.” Hotaru replied then the four started running to Casey's room. Mikan tried to open the door and found it was unlocked.
 
The entered and saw Casey thrashing around on her bed. “NO!!!” she kept yelling. “DON'T YOU DARE KILL HIM!!!” “Casey!” Mikan exclaimed as she ran over to the side of Casey's bed. “IF YOU KILL HIM THEN… then…” Casey stopped thrashing around and was back asleep.
 
“Who screamed?!” Daniella and Damien ran over. “Casey did, what's wrong with her?” Ruka asked. Daniella and Damien stopped, looking surprised and horrified. “Oh no, she's having that nightmare again.” Daniella said softly. “Nightmare?” Hotaru asked.
 
Damien shook his head and smiled a fake smile. “It's nothing, let's go back to bed.” he said. It's obvious they were hiding something. “What are you hiding?” asked Hotaru. Daniella faked smiled beside her brother.
 
“Nothing Hotaru.” Daniella said. “Argh… I've got this splitting headache…” Casey groaned as she sat up. It seemed she had woken up. She looked around. “Did I wake you all up?” she asked sheepishly. “Yes. Why were you screaming like that?” Mikan asked.
 
“Hmm? Alright. I'll tell you.” Casey said then Daniella and Damien sweatdropped. Their attempts to keep the secret furtive failed. “But let's go discuss this in the library. I feel uncomfortable explaining something like this in my bedroom.” Casey said.