Gakuen Alice Fan Fiction ❯ The journey to find the Alice in America ❯ Welcome to the Brigade Mansion! ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Soon, the seven were inside the mansion, examining maps the door man gave to each of them before they entered the mansion.
 
“Alright… Let's go first to the living room six, it's the nearest.” Daniella said. “No it's not. The nearest room is living room nine. Dani, you're holding your map the wrong way up.” Damien told his sister. Daniella adjusted her map then examined it again. “Or maybe we should start exploring the house from the top to bottom, elevator four is close by.” said Casey.
 
“Hmm… Not a bad idea. But maybe we can start exploring the outside first.” Damien said. “Yeah, but it'll take us hours to walk around the whole place and we also have to get back to the house.” Daniella pointed out. “Yeah but sis, you do know that-”
 
Suddenly, Casey and Mikan's stomachs grumbled. “Kitchen eight it is then,” Damien and Daniella said as they rolled up their maps simultaneously and then started walking off to the nearest kitchen, not giving Casey and Mikan time to sweatdrop.
 
“Wow!” Mikan exclaimed as they entered the kitchen. Casey headed straight for the refrigerator. “What do you want? Hotdog, hamburger, cheeseburger, or leftover noodles I made yesterday? I could heat the noodles up in the microwave.” Casey said as she rummaged through the refrigerator.
“Umm… I'll go with the noodles.” Mikan said, confused at some of the American food. “Good choice. I'm going with that too.” Casey said as she took out a big, big bowl from the fridge, holding it with both hands, then she closed the fridge behind her with her right foot as she turned around.
 
Four sixth of the bowl's contents were still there. “She made that yesterday night after dinner.” Daniella whispered to Hotaru, Ruka, and Natsume as Mikan and Damien went over to help Casey switch the noodles to a big microwavable container.
 
Soon, the kids have eaten their fill (Daniella and Damien realized they haven't eaten breakfast yet and Hotaru, Ruka, and Natsume also realized they were quite hungry too), they explored in the rooms of the house by using the method of making Daniella close her eyes and use her finger to pinpoint to a random room on her map.
 
“Umm… There!” Daniella exclaimed after two hours and she opened her eyes to see where her finger landed on. “My room? No way. Point again.” Casey said as she looked over Daniella's shoulder to see what place she picked.
 
“Fine. Umm…” Daniella closed her eyes and picked another room. But then she accidentally missed and picked the swimming pool outside the house.
 
“Yay!” Casey exclaimed when she saw where Daniella picked. “Alright, let's go look and gawk at the swimming pool then.” Damien said, knowing immediately where Daniella pointed even without looking then he started walking, followed by the others.
 
Mikan stared at the swimming pool; her eyes wide and the bottom of her mouth looking like it could drop and hit the floor at any time.
 
“Yes, I know, it's big. This is where Piggy spends her time when she's not doing homework, in the library, or fighting Da and I in videogames.” Daniella said. Hotaru pushed Mikan's gaping jaw up. “Keep your mouth shut. You're not here to catch flies.” Hotaru told Mikan.
 
The Brigade twins, Ruka, and Casey laughed. “Anyway, shall we be moving on? There are a number of rooms we haven't expl-” Casey stopped short. “I just realized something,” she whispered. “What's up?” asked Damien.
 
Casey turned to the twins and grinned. “You two said you'd do your homework a while ago.” she said. Daniella and Damien's eyes widened. “C-Casey, l-lets finish touring the house first.” Daniella said nervously.
 
“No.” Casey said stubbornly as she smirked. “You two go up to your rooms, I'll finish showing the others around. That big science project drawing takes a long time to finish.” she said. “But Casey…” Daniella whined. “Go to your room young lady or else I won't help you and your brother in that videogame of yours.” Casey said sternly.
 
Damien and Daniella groaned and they seemed to obey Casey because they started heading towards the room elevator (Yes, a room elevator that leads to the different rooms of the house, I made that up, no stealing my ideas!). “Okay, let's head to the library. You'll be shocked to see all the books in there.” Casey said as she examined her map again.
 
Hotaru was impressed and Mikan was staring when they all went in the library. “Wow! There are so many-” “books? Yes Mikan, you've been adding comments on how amazed you are on the rooms. Now, shall we go and explore this library for ten minutes before moving on?” Casey asked.
 
Maybe I should give you a full description of the library. The library was big and circular shaped and the bookshelves were attached to the walls and the only spot where there was no bookshelf was occupied by a big window. The library was on the topmost floor of the mansion so there was a full view of anything outside the mansion.
 
In the middle of the library, there was an assortment of comfy sofas and there was a table in the middle of it. Anyway, while we were talking, the characters of this story found good seats for each of them and were reading a book they picked up from a shelf.
 
Natsume was reading Children of the Lamp, Ruka was reading an animal encyclopedia, Hotaru was reading Edgar Allan Poe (don't ask), and Mikan, actually, she didn't know what to pick until Casey picked one out for her. “Harry Potter?” Mikan asked as she looked at the big book Casey gave her.
 
“The Sorcerer's Stone,” Casey added. “It's a good book, and it has sequels too. I usually recommend books to someone else but she hasn't been replying to me lately. Anyway, you can take books out of the library anytime you want to everyone, but just remember you have to return the books here once you're done.” (That rhymed!)
 
After ten minutes, they all exited the library, each carrying the books they haven't finished reading yet. “MY BRAIN HURTS!!!” wailed Daniella's voice as it rang throughout the mansion. “MINE TOO!!!” Damien's voice followed. Casey sighed.
 
“Those two are such lazy people. They sometimes do their homework but… They complain for hours before doing their homework.” Casey said. “Oh well. Come on, who wants to explore the zoo and greenhouse?” Ruka looked excited. “Let's go!” he exclaimed.
 
“Welcome to the zoo… and greenhouse.” Casey added as she opened the door to Ruka's animal heaven. Ruka ran inside and ran around excitedly as animals started to gather around him. Hotaru immediately took out her camera from her invention bag.

”What's wrong with Ruka?” Casey asked bewildered as Hotaru started snapping pictures. Mikan sweatdropped. “It's better if you don't know.” Mikan said. Soon, the four went back to the house about after two hours (There was a lot of persuading Ruka had to go through to go back to the mansion).
 
“What's the day today?” Casey suddenly asked as she looked up at the sky. “Thursday.” Hotaru replied after a few seconds (she had to figure out the day in America from the day in Japan and from the hours they spent in the airplane) as she kept her camera in her invention bag before Ruka could notice her camera was out a while ago.
 
He seemed to recall some flashing lights but he couldn't decipher where the flashes came from because he was too busy dancing with his animal friends. Anyway, Casey was looking thoughtful. “Then you four will have to come with Dani, Da, and I to school tomorrow.” she said finally.
 
“What?!” Mikan demanded. “Yeah, remember, you four are temporary exchange students to the school.” Casey reminded her. “Oh…” Mikan said then there was silence as they entered the mansion. “What's in that room?” Ruka asked as they passed by a door on the way to the dining room (they got hungry from exploring… Um, Casey and Mikan did, anyway).
 
“Oh. That's the ballroom hall. It's really pretty with all the chandeliers and stuff but we don't usually use it unless Uncle has a ballroom party or something. But he didn't have any recently so the ballroom's probably really dusty and that's why we shouldn't go in there until some brave soul goes in to clean that big room.” Casey replied.
 
Soon, they were in the dining room and Daniella and Damien were there waiting for them. “Where are Mr. and Mrs. Brigade?” Mikan asked. “Mom's on a long business trip and dad eats in his study so we're the only ones who eat here.” Daniella replied.
 
“Anyway, find your seats; the food will be coming in soon.” Damien said.
 
If you had been expecting there would be a show or something from the servants who would be serving the food, well you were wrong dear reader and the reason why Damien told his friends to take their seats was because the food was served through a dumbwaiter in the middle of the table.
 
If you don't know what a dumbwaiter is, then let me tell you. A dumbwaiter is not the guy who asks you in McDonalds what you'd like to order even though you already told him, but it is a sort of mini elevator for food.
 
Except the dumbwaiter in the dining room of the Brigades had no sides and was like a big platter going from under the floor to serve them the food. That dumbwaiter was kind of big because there were ten platters on it with different kinds of food.
 
“Wow!” Mikan exclaimed as they took their seats. “Enjoy yourselves.” Daniella exclaimed as Casey and Mikan started piling their plates. “So, did you finish exploring the house?” Damien asked. Casey stopped eating for a moment and swallowed. “So, did you two finish your homework? The answer to that question is the answer to yours, Damien.”
 
“No…” Daniella admitted and Casey smirked. Then she continued eating. Damien sighed.