Gakuen Alice Fan Fiction ❯ The journey to find the Alice in America ❯ New friends, a limo, and some recallations ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The four kids turned around and saw an elderly old man staring down at them. He didn't looks exactly elderly though, he looked about forty years old. “I take it you are Mr. Brigade?” Hotaru asked. “Yes. But forgive me for asking you to please lower that umbrella; I can't see your faces clearly.” Mr. Brigade said.
 
Hotaru obeyed and the children soon had a soon very clear image of the man they're staying with. The man had grayish hair, and he was wearing an impressive suit. He even had a mustache (I am not good in descriptions, sorry, ehehehe…). “It's nice to meet you four. Please follow me to my car, and you shall also get to meet my children.” Mr. Brigade said.
 
The four children followed the man to his car, where they found out it was a limo, and not a car. Mr. Brigade's children were waiting for them outside the limo. Two of them were twins, and the last kid was reading a book, the same book Natsume was reading on the airplane.
 
“Hi!” the twins greeted cheerfully. “Hello!” Mikan replied, smiling. Natsume, Ruka, and Hotaru just nodded at them. The last kid, a girl, was too deeply engrossed in her book. “Let's introduce ourselves in the car; I want to get home as soon as possible to finish my homework.” the boy twin said as he opened one of the limo's doors.
 
“I want to do mine too! Ms. Perfect here already finished hers, so there's no rush, eh, Casey?” the girl twin said, nudging the book girl with her elbow as they entered the limo. WHAM!!! The girl twin was hit in the head by the book girl with her book. “Don't call me that! It's annoying!” the book girl exclaimed.
 
“Ms. Perfect? Why not?” the girl twin asked while ignoring the pain coming from the bruise forming on the back of her head. The boy twin laughed as he closed the limo's door behind everyone. Hotaru observed her three acquaintances. The twins both had hazel eyes, short red hair, and both seemed to be wearing sweaty clothes.
 
They probably finished playing a sport or just came home from school. The book girl, on the other hand, was wearing a fresh new jumpsuit, probably just recently changed. She had violet black hair and blue eyes. Hotaru could tell the three children weren't related.
 
Apparently, Mikan couldn't. “You're mean to your sister.” Mikan stated. The twins and the book girl stared at Mikan for about five minutes. Suddenly, the twins and the book girl burst out in laughing fits. “What's so funny?” asked Mikan, confused.
 
“The… three… of… us…” the book girl gasped as she pointed to her friends and herself, “are… not… related…” she said. “Oh!” Mikan exclaimed. “Anyway, let's introduce ourselves properly.” the girl twin said, she was the first one who finished laughing.
 
“I'm Daniella, this is my twin, Damien, and this is the bookworm, Casey.” Daniella introduced as Damien and Casey also finished with their laughing. “It's nice to meet you guys.” Ruka said.
 
“Likewise.” said Damien as Mr. Brigade entered the car into the driver's seat (it took some time for him to load the luggage the Japanese kids left outside with him into the back of the car- ehem, limo). “Hotaru Imai. This idiot is Mikan, that's Ruka, and that's Natsume.” Hotaru said as she pointed to each.
 
Mikan pouted at the comment Hotaru made at her in from of their new acquaintances. Daniella smiled and clapped once. “Now, since it will take us some time to get to the house, let's get to know each other!” she exclaimed.
 
“Dani and Da are lazy, good-for-nothing twins. They don't do their homework and spend days playing videogames non-stop.” Casey said, smirking. If you have been expecting a mad reaction from the twins, well, you were wrong. Damien smiled.
 
“Yup, and we're proud to be lazy, good-for-nothing twins who don't do their homework, right sis?” Damien asked as he placed an arm around his sister's shoulders. “Yup!” Daniella exclaimed. Then the two of them started grinning like gnomes.
 
“You three must be really good friends.” Mikan said. “Yeah! Casey even lives with us!” Daniella exclaimed as Damien pulled back his arm, probably because he was leaning too much on his sister and it was getting cramped. “Lives with you?” Hotaru asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Yes. I moved in with them about three years ago, when I was eight. They kind-of adopted me when they met me from a visit to Japan. I had amnesia and they wanted to find my blood-related family first, and they wanted to see if they were still alive.” Casey said, frowning.
 
“You were born in Japan?!” Mikan asked, looking excited. “Well, I- HEY!!! I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING!!!” Casey shouted as she spotted a bill board outside the window from the corner of her eye. “Let's go to Universal Studios this weekend! I just realized I'm tall enough to ride all the roller coasters!” she exclaimed.
 
“Universal Studios?” Hotaru asked. “It's an amusement park that takes two days to explore and finish riding all the rides.” Daniella explained. “Hey, hey, hey!” Damien exclaimed, looking at Casey nervously as he waved his arms up and down frantically. “Can we change the subject here people?! Please?!” “Alright, alright.” Daniella laughed.
 
“Anyway, let's talk about our schools! What kind of school do you guys go to?” Daniella asked the Japan `exchange students'. “Some sort of a boarding school for talented children.” Ruka replied, choosing his words very carefully. “Cool. We go to a public school.” said Damien.
 
“A public school?” Hotaru asked, curious why people who own a limo send their children to public school. “Papa doesn't want us to become snotty private school kids, but Da and I personally want to be sent to a private school so we can cause total mayhem and chaos.” Daniella replied, smirking.
 
Suddenly, Damien stated a sudden thought that came to his mind. “Hey, I have a question.” he said to the Japanese kids. “How come you all can speak in English?” he asked. Ruka and Mikan sweatdropped. But then Hotaru seemed to come up with a good lie even before Damien asked.
 
“The four of us were taught three months before we came here how to speak English so we're fluent in speaking your language.” Hotaru replied calmly. Mikan and Ruka sighed silently in relief.
 
Mikan suddenly noticed Natsume hasn't said anything for quite some time. Mikan turned to him and saw he was staring out the window, clearly deep in thought. Meanwhile, Ruka and Hotaru were answering some questions Daniella started asking them. “Hobbies! What are your hobbies?” Damien asked.
 
“Err… Playing with animals.” Ruka said. “Researching.” Hotaru said. “Sports! Do you play sports?” asked Daniella. “Uhh… Not really.” Ruka said. “No.” Hotaru said simply.
 
“That's weird. Casey spends most of her time swimming when she's not reading and the three of us play basketball when Dani and I get bored of playing videogames and Casey gets wrinkled from swimming too much. I swear Casey loves swimming, right Casey?” Damien asked.
 
Mikan turned her attention to Casey just as the others (except Natsume) did and was surprised to see Casey reading her book she opened on her lap. “I swear, I wonder how you can open a book and read so quietly without anyone noticing.” Daniella said smiling, shaking her head.
 
Suddenly, Casey sneezed. Natsume jumped up a bit and barely missed hitting the ceiling by a millimeter. “Bless me.” Casey apologized as she got a handkerchief from her pocket and wiped her nose. “I think I'm coming down with a cold or something, I seem to be sneezing a lot this week.” she said after a bit as she pocketed her handkerchief.
 
Then she looked around at her companions in the limo. “I'm hungry.” she suddenly said. Mikan, Natsume, Hotaru, Ruka, Daniella, and Damien sweatdropped. That statement came unexpectedly. “You're always hungry Casey.” Daniella said after a while. “You eat a lot, and it surprises me you manage to stay that thin.” she said.
 
“Hey, I don't eat al-” Casey stared but then she stopped. Then she stared grinning. “Hah! I'm not so perfect anymore! I eat like a pig! Now you have to think up a nickname for me that's not `Ms. Perfect'!” she said triumphantly. Daniella shrugged and then stopped to think for a moment.
 
“Piggy!” Daniella exclaimed as she hugged Casey, smiling like a hyper gnome. Casey groaned and Damien, Mikan, and Ruka laughed. “Anyway, I almost forgot!” Casey exclaimed when Daniella finally let go of her.
 
“Uncle!” she called, addressing Mr. Brigade through the window of the limo that makes the driver and other passengers of the limo able to communicate. “Can we go to Universal Studios this weekend?” Damien looked horrified. “Casey!” he groaned. “Sure!” Mr. Brigade replied in an amused voice.
 
“Noooooooooo…” Damien wailed for about five minutes until Daniella shut him up by whacking his head with Casey's book. “Hey!” Casey and Damien exclaimed simultaneously, frowning, Casey because Daniella took her book, and Damien because Daniella whacked him at the back of his head with Casey's book.
 
Daniella shrugged then handed `Artemis Fowl' back to Casey. “How far away is your house from the airport?” Hotaru asked after three minutes, apparently getting impatient. “Just ten more minutes away. Papa, can you turn on the radio to entertain our new friends? One of them is getting impatient!” Daniella exclaimed to her father.
 
Her father replied by turning on the radio. Suddenly, the two American twins and the not-so-American girl recognized the tune of the song playing at that moment. “Cover your ears.” Casey whispered leaning forward so only her new friends could hear her.
 
“I LOVE THIS SONG!!!” Daniella yelled, grinning as she jumped up and stood on her seat (the limo had quite a high ceiling). “The ceiling's kinda big.” Mikan said as she and her Japanese companions sweatdropped.
 
“Well, yeah. That proves how rich the Brigade family is, and they show everyone who bothers to care that their limo has a high ceiling. Actually, Daniella and Damien were actually the ones who show off and their parents never show off.” Casey said, adding her last remark thoughtfully as Daniella started singing loudly along with the song playing, sometimes with her brother singing along with her.
 
For the rest of the trip, the Japanese kids and Casey spent their time watching the Brigade twins sing to numerous songs, songs which I won't post down here because some of you readers wouldn't really recognize the songs.
 
I should stop adding comments between my sentences, some of you readers are getting annoyed.
 
Anyway, the limo soon reached the house of the Brigades and Casey, which actually turned out to be a mansion. “Wow!” Mikan exclaimed as they stepped out of the limo. “Alright, so what do you guys want to do first? Explore the mansion or unload the luggage?” Casey asked, smiling at Mikan's reaction.
 
Mikan then turned to a frown. “Well… It would seem impolite to not help with taking the luggage into the house-” “Don't mind the luggage Mikan.” Damien laughed. “We have servants to move the luggage into the house!”
 
“Oh. Okay then.” Mikan said as Casey frowned. “It wouldn't bother to take some load off the hands of the servants'.” she said then she sighed. “But I guess that can't be helped. Mr. Brigade! We're going inside! And don't start worrying about us, we'll get maps!” Casey called to Mr. Brigade who just exited the limo.
 
“Maps?” Mikan asked. “Yes, maps. The mansion is extremely big and it's easy to get lost in there.” Daniella explained.