Gakuen Alice Fan Fiction ❯ The Scrapped Prince ❯ I am Mikan Sakura! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone! This is my new fanfic on the anime series "Alice Academy". I based [not entirely] the storyline and title on the anime "Srcapped Princess".
 
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Alice Academy and Scrapped Princess.
 
 
 
The Scrapped Prince
スクラã 02;ƒãƒ—ド・ã( 2;—リンス
 
 
 
Chapter One: I am Mikan Sakura!
 
-------------------------------
 
 
"Oh Hotaru... I wish you didn't leave the countryside..." a girl whispered in the chilly winter air as she watches the snow falling quietly.
 
"However, I will do everything to get close to you!"
 
 
She stood in front of the Alice Castle, the residence of the Royal Family.
 
"So there! I'm entering the castle and serve the Royal Family in order to see you!"
 
 
"Are you the new servant?" a guard asked.
 
"Hai! I am Mikan Sakura, ready to serve the King and Queen!" she said cheerfully...
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
 
"Darn it! Where did that kid go?"
 
"I don't know, his cell was just empty, I am just here to give him his breakfast!"
 
"Go find him! If the King knows about this, we're in danger!"
 
"Right!"
 
 
 
"Ms. Sakura, welcome to the Alice Castle." An elderly woman said.
 
"Wow, it's beautiful!" she exclaimed. "I'm so happy to be here!"
 
"By the way, this is your map to the castle. This one is the key to the rooms you would maintain and your room's key. I hope you will be convenient in your stay."
 
"Thanks a lot, ma'am!" she beamed at everyone.
 
"Let's see... where am I?" she scanned the map. "Okay. This is the lobby. My room is on the third floor. While the Innovation Chamber... there! At the basement!"
 
She quickly headed to the stairs. "Hotaru! Here I come!!!"
 
 
"NATSUME!!!" a man yelled, frantically looking around him. "Come out, come out wherever you are!"
 
A young man peered from the corner where he was hiding.
 
 
"Argh, they're almost here..." he muttered.
 
 
"I must hurry and find that chamber!" Mikan said to herself. "Turn left, then right... then..."
 
She collided with the young man a while ago.
 
"Oh! Sorry!" she exclaimed, trying to get up. "I wasn't careful!"
 
"Were you hurt?" he asked her.
 
"I'm fine, don't worry."
 
"Good." He hurried to run as fast as he can.
 
"Who is that guy?" Mikan asked herself. "Oh well, I shouldn't mind others. I'll just go and find my best friend Hotaru!"
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
 
"Miss!"
 
Mikan swiped her head backwards. "Yes?"
 
"Have you by chance seen a young man running along? We're trying to look for him, he's the Prince."
 
"The Prince? Isn't it that he died as soon as he was born? How come you were looking for a dead one?"
 
"Oh no, he's not. In fact, he was thrown to a cellar in this place." The man blurted out.
 
"What??? Is that true, mister?" Mikan asked curiously.
 
"Oh no I was just joking! Hehehe!" he replied abruptly. That was too close!
 
"Right! Wahahaha!" Mikan laughed along. "Excuse me sir, but do you know by chance the Innovation Chamber?"
 
"I think you should head right."
 
"Thanks!"
 
"Hey wait, I'm not sure okay?"
 
 
Mikan just ran along. She could not explain the excitement she's feeling right now. At last, after a year of not seeing her dearest best friend Hotaru Imai, she'll get the chance to make her official surprise visit.
 
"I wonder how she'll react on this!" she thought happily.
 
 
She continued walking in the twists and turns at that basement. Still, she wasn't able to see any room from where she is now.
 
"What kind of place is this Alice Castle? It's so scary..."
 
 
Then she noticed an opening and she heard a creaking sound. There was a secret door at the wall! She was amazed how peculiar the castle was built. It has those secret passages and scarry hallways. She decided to go there because she's positive that Hotaru is there.
 
She walked slowly, making sure that she doesn't create any sound. When she came by a steel door that is open, she decided to reveal herself.
 
 
"Tadaaa! Surprise, Hotaru-chan!!!"
 
 
Nobody replied.
 
 
"Oh come on, Hotaru! Don't act like a real looser! I know you were surprised!!!"
 
 
Suddenly, she heard footsteps coming closer to her...
 
-------------------------------
 
 
"H-Hotaru??" Mikan asked softly, "don't you play a trick on me!"
 
 
"Who's there...?"
 
 
Mikan gulped. It's a voice of a young man. "I-I'm sorry... I must've gone into the wrong room. Sorry!"
 
 
"Tell me who's there!" the voice shouted. Mikan was really terrified.
 
 
"M-Mikan.. Mikan Sakura!" she replied as she trembled. "I.. I am a maid of this castle!"
 
 
The guy revealed himself. "So it's you again. I thought it's some burglar."
 
"What sort of burglar can find this room anyway?" Mikan said her thoughts aloud. "oops, sorry again to bother you."
 
"Did you find what you were looking?" he suddenly asked, sitting at the couch.
 
"How did you know what I was up to?"
 
"It's easy. I could see that you're lost," he scoffed.
 
Mikan blushed. "You haven't told me your name."
 
"It's Natsume," he said gently, and Mikan saw the kind impression plastered on his face. It feels nice while he's with her, and she no longer feels any fear.
 
"Nice to meet you," Mikan said. "My best friend works here for a special research, do you know her?"
 
"The girl with a thousand inventions? Imai?"
 
"Yeah! That's her!" she said proudly.
 
"Oh,"
 
"Do you work here the same as her?"
 
"No," suddenly, Mikan noticed loneliness in his eyes.
 
"If it's not, then why are you here?"
 
"I'm just her subject to her research." He replied subtly.
 
"Subject? I don't get it..."
 
 
He stood up and went closer to her. "I guess you've known a lot. Now go back to work."
 
"Tell me where Hotaru-chan is! Please, Natsume?" she said sweetly.
 
 
I guess I can't say no to this pesky girl... "Alright then, but promise me you'll never tell anyone you meet me here."
 
"Sure! Let me shake with your pinky finger!"
 
"What?"
 
"Come on. So that we'll keep our promises."
 
"How's it done?"
 
"Just raise your pinky like this," she took his hand. "and cross it with mine! There! We made our pact."
 
"Oh,"
 
 
"Let's go?" Mikan asked him and she ushered him out of the door.
 
"Let's make it quick, I'm not allowed to go outside."
 
"Okay." She smiled at him. Her smile made him feel so happy and warm inside. "Thanks a lot."
 
 
A word of thanks... he's never heard it from anyone even from Ruka...
 
"It's nothing..." he replied, smirking.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
"Here we are..." he said. "This place is secured, you need the official fingerprint before you can get in."
 
"Wow!" Mikan gasped. "Awesome! This has been the most high-tech place I've been!"
 
She smiled happily at Natsume. "Thank you!"
 
"That's nothing," he muttered, swiping his hand on a detector. Suddenly, a voice spoke:
 
"Natsume, what do you need?" it was Hotaru's voice, and Mikan's eyes were filled with tears.
 
"I can't believe it... now I'm with her again..."
 
 
And out of nowhere, Natsume disappeared. "That Natsume guy is really mysterious. He seems so lonely. I'll pay him a visit everytime."
 
 
The steel door opened slowly as Mikan entered curiously. The room is filled with more high-tech gadgets, and she was just amazed by everything.
 
 
"Hey, Natsume..." it was Hotaru standing by the wall. "You have no business today---"
 
 
"Hotaru!!!! Hotaru! It's me, Mikan!" she cried, coming closer and propping her into a warm embrace.
 
"Mikan?"
 
"Yeah! I missed you!"
 
"How did you get in here?"
 
"I now work in here, you see..." she replied, wiping the tears in her eyes. "Oh gosh! You're hair! It's now long!"
 
 
"So you met Natsume along the way?" she said as a robot approached them, looking exactly like Mikan. The robot has tea with her.
 
 
"Amazing! You've created a robot like me!" she smiled. "how thoughtful of you!"
 
Hotaru simply smiled. "I told you not to worry about me,"
 
"I just missed you badly," Mikan said. "still, I'll be able to have an income. Isn't it worthwile?"
 
"How did Natsume help you? I mean, he's not the kind of person who---"
 
"I don't know, I guess because I also did a favor for him."
 
"Mikan, don't go near that boy. He's dangerous." Hotaru warned her. "Give me your hand,"
 
"Okay," when she pressed her hand towards a gadget, her fingerprints were recorded.
 
"There, the steel dorr's computer will now recognize you. You can visit me now without Natsume's help."
 
Mikan hugged her friend tightly. "Oh thanks, Hotaru!"
 
"Just don't tell anyone that you met him."
 
"Right. I'll go now, I still have work to do."
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
TO BE CONTINUED