Gasaraki Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Project Mile Two ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Project Mile Two


by Lord Raa



Chapter 11


The Beginning of the End.


**********


Ranma was considering his relationship with his potential girlfriends. 'I really like Biki-chan, but I can't ruin Ucchan's life any more then I have. I feel really bad about them getting hurt because of me. It feels wrong to do anything with them until I make a decision.'

"Ranma!" Nabiki called out. As there was no reply, Nabiki walked up to Ranma and shook him gently as she spoke. "Ranma, I've got your results from your latest set of mid-terms here."

"Oh," Ranma looked a little downcast. "Well, how badly have I done then?"

Nabiki opened the envelope. "Well, you've managed to pass. Average grade is B+," her voice carried surprise and admiration.

"What?"

"You scored fantastically well."

Ranma hugged Nabiki. "Thanks Biki-chan, I couldn't have done it without you."

Nabiki blushed as she stammered acceptance of his gratitude.

"You wanna go out for ice cream?"

She was about to answer yes, when Nodoka walked in. "Ranma, Kiyotsugu and Kiyoharu wanted to talk with you about something."

"Is it important?" Ranma had other plans, like repaying Nabiki's kindness.

"Yes, it concerns the Kunos. Nabiki, he wanted you to hear this."

That was enough to silence any dissent from Ranma. Though he had cooled off slightly after a few days and plenty of sleep, he was still feeling the need to hand out some serious justice.


**********


Ranma knocked on the door to Kiyoharu's office.

"Come in."

Ranma entered the room with concerned look on his face, while Nabiki wore a neutral look. "You wanted to see us?"

Kiyoharu nodded. "Yes, it's about the Kuno clan. We've done some digging and well, I'm not sure how much of this you're going to understand, but I think that you aren't going to like this."

Ranma looked at his cousin intently.

Kiyotsugu took over. "Ranma, do you know what opium is?"

"That's a drug isn't it?"

"Yes. Kuno's great-uncle Shin started importing it during the reconstruction. The Kunos are linked to some of the most vicious yakuza in Japan."

Ranma was shocked at this. "But I thought that they were a warrior clan like us."

"They were, but towards the end of the 19th century, they started to have financial problems," Kiyoharu shifted in his seat. "That's when they became thugs for hire. After that, it was only a matter of time before extortion, gambling prostitution and narcotics followed. Nabiki, what happed to Aoi Inoue?"

Ranma's face was beginning to darken. "Why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to like this?" He turned to Nabiki for an answer.

"She was my best friend. Her father taught me a lot about business, but the economy was against him and he was forced to declare bankruptcy. They moved out of Nerima and I never saw them again, why?"

Kiyoharu decided that now was the time to tell Nabiki what happened. "I found out that some of the Kunos are yakuza, Nabiki. They tried the usual protection racket. When he refused to pay, he was forced out of business. Aoi was tried to reason with them, but they killed her father and forced her in to do some unpleasant things."

The temperature in the room skyrocketed as Ranma's aura sprung up around him, singeing his chair and causing Nabiki to break out in a sweat.

"Are you sure?" Nabiki asked, not wanting the answer to be the one she suspected.

Kiyoharu nodded, "Yes. But I'm sorry to tell you that there's more. Genma has been sighted on their grounds, we think that he's trying to get back at Ranma by selling him off to either Tatewaki or Kodachi."

Ranma's aura doubled in intensity. "That's it! I was gonna go easy on pops, but now I'm gonna kill him." Rage undid some of the remedial language lessons Ranma had been taking.

Nabiki looked Kiyoharu straight in the eye. "Where do we stand, legally, on this whole feud thing?"

"There is a major operation underway to arrest the Kuno organisation. It seems it got out that they recently became involved with child pornography and certain people took exception to that and decided that enough was enough."

Nabiki agreed with Ranma, the Kunos were going to be put out of business for good, in the harshest way possible.

"If we pull a few strings, we can get you on the taskforce that raids the Kuno mansion," Kiyoharu smiled as he spoke. "If you are interested, that is."

The look on Ranma's face was not difficult to read. "They've been the biggest thorn in my side since I got to Nerima. They've attacked me, my friends and my family - they're going down."


**********


As the engineers worked on Ranma's TA, the anti-yakuza department prepared for the raid on the Kuno mansion.

There was a knock at the door.

Superintendent Yamamura poked his head round the door. "Ah, gentlemen. I have some news for you. I have gotten us some help."

"Oh, what is it sir?" Inspector Tanaka asked.

"A young man named Ranma Gowa. Now I know how you feel about kids interfering in police operations, but I took the liberty of preparing a file on him."

Handing the inspector a thick file, he turned to leave. "Gentlemen, I'm afraid his is a political appointment. Yes, he's one of those Gowas. But on the plus side, he'll be leaving once this last operation is completed."

"I'm not so sure that this is a good idea. I what if this boy gets injured? You know that he's a Gowa and we'll be in trouble if he gets hurt." Sergeant Takeshi Sato was concerned about political repercussions.

"I know what you mean, I heard a rumour that there was a civilian who saw combat in Belgistan. I don't think that a civilian should be in the line of fire." Sergeant Akira Yadate specialised in intelligence.

"Sergeant, I've looked at the reports on this Ranma boy, and let me tell you this: if he was in the police, they'd be a lot less crime on the streets. His physical ability far exceeds anything the instructors at the academy have seen. He can handle himself." The superintendent tried his best to assuage their fears.

Sato had flicked through the file and saw that Ranma was a martial artist. "I still think that a civilian accompanying us on the raid is a bad idea. We're dealing with dangerous criminals here, people who fight dirty."

The Superintendent played his ace. "He comes with his own TA. Yes, we're getting some military hardware for this one."


**********


Nabiki was filled with a new found loathing for the Kuno clan. They were crazy, that was common knowledge, what wasn't was just how sick some of the Kunos were. The fact that Kodachi had snuck into her house in Nerima and attacked Akane played through her mind constantly keeping her awake.

'But,' she thought, 'if Ranma was in the room, he'd protect me!'

Deciding that even though the Gowa compound was a secure place, she wanted a bodyguard in the same room she slept in. And as luck would have it, she knew of one that she liked enough to snuggle up against. She made her move to Ranma's bed chambers.


**********


Ukyo Kuonji was again a guest at the Gowa residence. Her normally cheerful manner made her popular with the staff there. Despite always being made welcome there, her sleep was not as forthcoming as she'd hoped. Again it was the fact that the Kuno clan could cause them no end of trouble.

"I can't sleep. Damn Kunos," she grumbled. "Stupid Kodachi and her sneak attacks."

She decided that she needed a walk to clear her head. Quickly tying a bathrobe around her, she went for a midnight stroll that would take her past Ranma's room.


**********


Outside Ranma's room, Ukyo spotted Nabiki.

Walking up to her, she asked, "Nabiki, what are you doing here?"

Nabiki closed her eyes and cursed under her breath as she realised that she'd been caught by her rival for Ranma's heart. "I couldn't sleep that's all."

"Me neither. So you were thinking that a walk would help?"

Nabiki nodded.

"Me too," Ukyo confirmed Nabiki's suspicions.

"So why did we end up at Ranma's door?" Nabiki pondered aloud.

"My guess is that we're comfortable around Ranma, and we figured that we'd get some sleep if he was near." Ukyo gestured to the door.

Nabiki decided that now was the time to tell her rival for Ranma how she felt. "Ucchan, I want you to know that even though we didn't get on at first, I've come to the conclusion that if it makes Ranma happy, I'll share him with you."

Ukyo considered Nabiki's statement. "You mean 'some Ranma is better than no Ranma'?"

Nabiki looked at her feet in shame and replied in a quite voice, "yes."

Ukyo smiled internally at the little victory over the "Ice Queen". 'She's opened up a lot more since she started living with Ranchan,' she thought. 'Wait a minute, she could have been working up the courage to seduce Ranchan. I'll best keep an eye on her.'

"Well, if we plan on sneaking into Ranchan's bed, we'd best do so whilst he's still asleep."

Nabiki looked up and smiled. "Right."


**********


The following morning, Nodoka was looking for Nabiki and Ukyo. She'd stopped by their rooms and not found them there.Then a thought struck her. 'Maybe Ranma was being manly with one of them last night.'

Smiling, she lightly stepped to Ranma's room and opened the door.

A sight that greeted her eyes filled her heart with joy. Ranma was lying on his back snoring lightly while Nabiki was keeping his left side warm.

It was when her standing by the open door stirred Ukyo on her son's right side that she nearly blew a gasket.

"My son - he was... with two girls last night. Oh my, I'm so proud," she gushed praise.

Ukyo lifted her head up and saw Nodoka there smiling at the scene. "Uh-oh."

This startled Nodoka out of her trance. She winked at the chef and quickly left.

Ukyo was a little surprised to feel Ranma's arm around her waist. "Ranchan?"

"Mmm, Ucchan's nice to hug."

Nabiki hugged Ranma tighter out of some subconscious jealousy reflex.

"But Biki-chan is nice to hug too," Ranma spoke again in his sleep, wrapping his arm around her waist.

This caused Nabiki to loosen her grip. As the facts of the situation filtered through to Ranma's brain, long surpressed hormones started to flow like water.

Nabiki shivered as the covers started to cover less of her body.

Ukyo as the awake party, realised something was going on. Looking down Ranma's body she saw a common condition in teenage males.

Her gasp woke up Ranma.

"What?" Ranma asked, too concerned that something bad had happened to his best friend to realise that she and Nabiki had spent the best part of the night in his bed.

Ukyo pointed to his groin.

"Aaah, that's odd! That's never happened before," he commented.

Ukyo was concerned that Ranma might not be able to "perform" properly. "What do you mean, Ranchan?"

"I mean that that's never done that before. Y'know gone hard."

"What's going on? Why am I cold?" Nabiki asked as she woke up. She looked at her surroundings. "Oh yeah, I snuck into Ranma's room, didn't I?"

Ranma was starting to panic as he discovered that he'd been in bed with Nabiki and Ukyo. He quickly scuttled off to a corner and curled into a ball. "I'm a pervert. I'm a pervert," he kept saying to himself.

Nabiki turned to Ukyo, "what's with Ranma?"

Ukyo took on a bright scarlet hue as she fiddled with her fingers. "Ranchan had 'morning wood' for the first time."

Nabiki's eyes took up half of her face. She quickly composed herself. "So that's what moved the covers?"

Ucchan nodded. Seeing Ranma stricken with terror, she splashed him with a glass of water.

Ranma stopped his babbling and looked at the girls in his room. "Are you two all right? I didn't do anything perverted to you did I?" he asked his voice trembling with fear.

Nabiki shook her head. "Ranma, if anyone was a pervert in here last night, it was me, not you. I'm sorry, I slipped into you bed last night because I couldn't sleep."

Ukyo knew that she would need to give a reason for her presence. "Ranchan, I couldn't sleep either. I came in during the night too."

"What happens now?" Ranma asked the girls on his bed.

"Well breakfast is in order," Nabiki offered.

"Yes, but Ranchan's mother is under the impression that we, y'know, last night."

Nabiki blushed, but felt disappointed at the truth.

"That we did what?" Ranma asked confused.

Nabiki would have rolled her eyes had it been someone else that asked that question, but it seemed that Ranma was new to these sensations. "What did you feel like doing with us in your dreams, Ranma?"

It was Ranma's turn to change colour. "I - err," was all he could manage as he fiddled with his pigtail.

"Yeah, exactly Ranchan. Well at least we know that you're human," Ukyo joked.

Nabiki nodded in agreement. "Yep, I must admit that it was hard to believe that nothing happened all those times Shampoo snuck into your bed. Now we know better."

Ukyo glared at Nabiki. "Excuse me? You let that Chinese floozy spend the night in Ranchan's bed? On several occasions?"

Nabiki noticed her uncharacteristic slip and Ukyo's dangerous tone of voice. She quickly tried to back peddle. "Well, that's not what I meant, Ucchan."

Ranma was now fully awake and realised that Ukyo could hurt Nabiki over something that, in his opinion, was irrelevant ancient history. Quickly shedding his night clothes, he intervened with an Anything Goes desperation strike. "Help, my clothes have fallen off!"

As both girls turned to Ranma, they both developed sweat drops when he grinned and rubbed the back of his head with his right hand.

"Ranchan?" Ukyo began hesitantly.

"Why are you naked?" Nabiki finished, asking the ten million yen question.

"I didn't want my friends to fight. I don't have many, so I try to look out for the ones I do have. So can you try and get along better?" he pled with the two girls. "For me?"

Ukyo's rage quickly dissipated when she saw the look in her would be boyfriend's eyes.

Nabiki nodded. "Ok, Ranma. How about we get dressed and have some breakfast? Not that I mind seeing your naked body," she teased.

Ranma blushed furiously as he felt a breeze and his stomach started to rumble.


**********


After Breakfast, the police stopped by the Gowa's to discuss Ranma's participation in the upcoming raid on the Kunos.

The policemen that doubted Ranma's inclusion were treated to a quick demonstration of his martial arts prowess.

In a display of agility that was showy even for him, he bounced across the courtyard, marking where he touched the roof with hiragana using a piece of chalk.

Landing by the pond, he fired a moko takibasha at a tree top. As the cherry tree smoldered, he turned to the police delegation. "Any questions?"

Nodoka smiled at Ranma's performance. 'Truly manly to have so much energy after satisfying both Nabiki and Ukyo.'

Nabiki and Ukyo looked on, glad that Ranma was on their side of the feud.

"Just one, Ranma: when can you join the team?" Superintendent Yamamura asked for his slightly shell-shocked team.


**********


To be continued...


It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about the lack of updates for this particular fic, but I am incredibly lazy and my computer died for three months and I did change jobs recently and had my appendix out at the beginning of December. And several other excuses that include writer's block and several other ideas - I'm sure that you've seen at least one of them.


Thanks go out to my pre-reader, Chi Vayne.

Laterer folks.