Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Madly Deeply ❯ Lament ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XIV. LAMENT/CLOSE YOUR EYES
 
 
A.
 
Kougaiji sends Hazel-monster crashing into the outcrop of rock.
 
On the top of the cliff, Ni Jenyi feels the ground shaking underneath him. Not again!!! The scientist looks over to the opposite cliff, where Hakuryu is perched. The mini-dragon collapses on its back, claws kicking the air as it giggles hysterically. “Kyu-kyu-kyu-kyu-kyu…”
 
Ni Jenyi starts to slide down as his cliff collapses. “Oh shit…”
 
 
B.
 
“I… I remember everything… hahaha… … I killed my master! Hahaha… I'm… I'm a MONSTER! HAHAHA!!!”
 
Goku mutters. “No shit, Sherlock…”
 
The Sanzo-ikkou and Kougaiji-tachi watch in horror as Hazel transforms. The Hazel-monster stalks over to the Sanzo-ikkou. Goku arms himself with Nyoibou, glaring angrily. Hakkai summons a chi ball, ready to blast. Gojyo scowls and steps in front of his lover. Jakujou gleams deadly cold in his hand. Sanzo peeps over Gojyo's shoulder. “Be careful, baby,” he whispers into the kappa's ear.
 
Hazel-monster advances nearer, casually disposing of Goku and Hakkai with two bumps of his hips. The monkey and the healer are sent sprawling yards away.
 
Gojyo steels himself. Red eyes harden. “Nobody touches my Sanzo. Nobody,” he growls at Hazel-monster.
 
Hazel-monster sighs, props an arm on his hip, and raises an eyebrow. “Huh. I finally realize that I'm a monster, you sexy beast. What do I want with a human?” Hazel-monster stoops, snatches the stunned kappa up and flings him over his shoulder.
 
“Sonuvademon!!!” Gojyo yells, struggling uselessly as Hazel-monster tramps off, caressing the kappa's ass.
 
Sanzo crumbles to his knees, purple eyes blinking. “Oi… OI!!!”
 
 
C.
 
“Buttercup!!! Do something!!!” Gojyo yells desperately as Hazel-monster grows wings and prepares to fly.
 
The Kougaiji-tachi are too stunned at the devious plot twist to make any move. Doku stares in horrified fascination as Hazel-monster turns its head and plants a kiss on his brother's behind.
 
Sanzo fires uselessly. Hakkai and Goku twitch on the ground. Gato is blown about by the wind. On the cliff top, Ni Jenyi watches, fascinated. He never expected that monsters from across the continent have a taste for kappa. A blue-eyed angel lusting after Sanzo Houshi is one thing, -- hell, everybody lusts after Genjo Sanzo - but this… This is indeed unexpected. The scientist cackles.
 
Doku desperately elbows his lover. Kougaiji rolls his eyes and starts to chant. Sanzo's eyes pop as he is shaken out of his shock.
 
“Damare!” Sanzo tells the Brat Prince. Kougaiji shrugs.
 
“Ciao, Sanzo-han,” Hazel-monster rumbles. “Sorry to have wasted your time all this time…” Hazel-monster cuddles the kappa to him as he beats his wings.
 
“MAKAII TENJOU!!!”
 
Hazel-monster's head spins on its axis. The tamashi rush out of the pendant, screaming wildly. “Lemme outta here!!!” Hazel-monster drops the kappa. “ITTE!!!”
 
Sanzo stalks over and looks down his nose at the now-normal Hazel. And then he grabs Hazel's hair and pulls. “You animal!!! Hrrrr!!! How dare you touch my Gojyo!!!”
 
“Did I?” Hazel blinks, bewildered. Hazel claws at himself. “Eeeww!!!”
 
Sanzo ignores the stupid Hazel and turns to Gojyo. “Go scrub yourself with sandpaper!!!”
 
Gojyo sighs wearily. “Hai, hai…”
 
Sanzo mutters. “First it was that half breed older woman, and now this!?!”
 
D.
 
“Shoot me, Sanzo-han… I beg you…”
 
“Aa.”
 
“The monster is still alive… It's inside of me, hiding…”
 
“Aa.”
 
“My… my master said there has to be someone to save me…”
 
“Aa.”
 
Hazel raises his head, his face streaked with tears. He hiccups. “Can I… Can I make one last request, Sanzo?”
 
“Aa.”
 
Hazel blushes. “Can I have a goodbye kiss, please?”
 
Sanzo pauses, and looks at Gojyo. Gojyo sighs, and nods. Sanzo turns back to Hazel. “Aa.”
 
Hazel closes his eyes in rapture. At last! What a way to go…
 
Sanzo leans down…
 
Gojyo frowns and looks away…
 
The Kougaiji-tachi lean closer and gasp…
 
Hazel's eyes pop when he feels Sanzo…
 
… press a Hershey's Kiss against his puckered lips.
 
Sanzo collapses into the waiting Gojyo's arms as the lovers giggle hysterically.
 
Hazel screams. “No fucking fair!!!”
 
 
E.
 
Hazel sobs, rubbing his eyes. “You're so cruel… all of you…” Hakkai takes pity on the bishop. He walks over and kneels beside Hazel, rubbing a comforting hand over Hazel's back. Hakkai glares at the rest of the party who are howling with glee.
 
“Gimme a Kiss! Gimme a Kiss!” Goku begs. Lirin pops one in his mouth. Doku plays the same game with Kougaiji, but stops when he spies his brother and the High Priest indulging in the real thing. Doku turns to the Brat Prince, and they engage in a make-out session of their own, leaving the two bottomless pits to stuff themselves with chocolate.
 
Yaone sighs resignedly and walks over to Hakkai. “Well?” she raises an eyebrow.
 
“Later, sweet thing… You know I don't feel comfortable with PDAs…” Hakkai smiles at the pharmacist. “First…” he motions to the still-sulking Hazel. Yaone nods.
 
Hakkai stands up as Yaone takes his place. He walks over to their leader with a determined look in his face, the same face he wore in Runaway Hakkai.
 
“Look at me, just look at me…” Hazel blubbers. “My robes are torn… I've lost my hat… I have boo-boos all over…” Hazel cries harder, clinging to Yaone desperately. “I want Gato… give me back Gato… I want my nanny!!!” Hazel begs.
 
“Ano…” Yaone says helplessly. “Don't you remember, Hazel? Gato isn't with us anymore…”
 
“Noooo!!!!”
 
“Yes,” Yaone shrugs.
 
“No.” Sanzo walks over with authority. “Gato didn't really die. That was a hallucination.”
 
“But… how…”
 
“Never mind! The author doesn't like sad endings, so I say Gato didn't die.”
 
“Er…”
 
“Gato went to Egypt. On his long-delayed vacation. He chose wisely, I might add…” Sanzo smirks smugly. “You can find him at Cairo, I believe…”
 
“But… how will I get there?”
 
Kougaiji speaks up. “You can borrow my dragon, if you like.”
 
“Really?” Hazel's eyes sparkle with joy. “You guys… you're not so bad after all…”
 
“Huh. If you haven't noticed yet, our groups are supposed to be sworn enemies, but we still always end up helping each other…” Goku tells Hazel.
 
Hazel nods uncertainly. “Yeah… I've always wondered about that myself…”
 
“It's the writers' business, not ours,” Sanzo states imperiously. “Now, are you ready to go?”
 
Hazel sighs wearily, and nods. He stands up and brushes himself off. “Well…”
 
“No need to thank us,” Hakkai says kindly. “Just promise you'll drop this business of chasing after Sanzo.”
 
“Hai,” Lirin adds seriously. “I've tried and tried for three seasons now, but he really has eyes only for Gojyo.” Lirin scowls jealously. “Not that Gojyo's brother and mine are any better…” she mutters darkly.
 
Hazel nods solemnly.
 
“Good! Ciao, then!'
 
Hazel boards the dragon.
 
Gojyo comes out of his embrace with Sanzo long enough to toss something at Hazel. “Here! A little going-away present…”
 
As the dragon soars off, Hazel looks down at his hand. He is clutching a bag of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. Hazel wipes off a sentimental tear and looks resolutely to the horizon, thinking of Gato, and promising to himself he's never going to take Gato for granted again.
 
 
F.
 
“Demons and humans are not all that different. Ikuzo!” Sanzo barks. Goku beams at his idol. Hakkai smiles a real smile. Gojyo drapes his arm over Sanzo's shoulder.
 
The ikkou pause.
 
“Er… where's the jeep, Hakkai?”
 
The ikkou scatter and call for the mini-dragon. Well, three of them. Sanzo sits and lights a smoke, tapping his foot impatiently.
 
Up on the cliff top, the missing Hakuryu is busily enjoying a tea party with Ni Jenyi and his bunny.
 
“Kyu!” Hakuryu squeals as the scientist places another cupcake on her plate. Hakuryu awkwardly lifts the tiny teacup to her mouth, with her pinky claw daintily curled.
 
Ni Jenyi claps his hands in delight. “Yes, yes, that's the way…” The scientist turns to Bunny. “See, Bunny, that's the proper way to take tea…”
 
Bunny stares back, impassive.
 
 
-owari! sadly…-