Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ A New Day ❯ Raven's Rebirth ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter1: Raven's Summon
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Emeralde Avenger: Dead
1980-1989
“…”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Emeralde's POV
 
I died at the age of ten…my gravestone…I'm looking at it right now. I can only look at it from this window… the window that shows the living…but right now I'm in Niffleheim the city of the dead…and I watch my deteriorating gravestone… they didn't even try to remove the weeds, moss and insects that covered my grave…all that is going to change…in my fifteenth year of being in Niffleheim, I can finally earn my older body…and an extra gift.
 
Flashback
 
It's my fifteenth year…
 
“Emeralde-sama?” I stopped from combing my long, black dead hair at the sound of the voice. I turned around…its just Soldier Crelles…I heard that he became a soldier at fifteen but died as soon as he wore the uniform …he looks so much like the Prontera guides… except that he's dead… “Yes?” I answered. “You know what year it is?” “Yes, I do.” “It is your fifteenth year, Emeralde-sama.” “Of course I knew that.” He sat down of my bed. “You died a successor of the demon raven. And right now, in your fifteenth year you will get a body…” My gray eyes narrowed. I stood up and sat next to him. I knew where this was going, so I finished for him. “And I will be reincarnated with a new body and all of the powers of the dark energy, yes?” “Yes. But have you read the last will of the Raven?” Will? I haven't heard of a will… “What does it say?” I fiddled with the comb I had in my hand. “You will have to go through The Ceremony…” “I know what The Ceremony is.” I interrupted. “The question is, what does the Raven want after I go through it?” He smiled at me mysteriously. “You will find out after the ceremony…” Frustrated, I grabbed a pillow and smacked him with the face with it. When I get my powers, he's gonna have a worse punishment… He got hit squarely in the face. Before he could react, I bombarded him with more pillows. “I get the point! I'll go, I'll go!” he laughed and got out of my room. I sighed. I knew that: about The Ceremony. Why didn't he just tell me straight away? I regained my composure, grabbed a scroll and started reading it. He's a fool, just like anybody else. He didn't see the act behind the child…he didn't see the act behind me…
 
End Flashback
 
I stood up from where I was sitting by the window. I quickly donned my black ceremonial garments. I looked in the mirror…I looked even deader than before…and I liked it… I stood up and opened the door leading to the hall. Crelles was there, and he smiled at me when I went out. I rolled my eyes. “We have to go to the ceremonial hall before we're late.” I said. He nodded his head, took my hand and led me to the hall. Soon, we were in front of the gigantic door leading to the hall. I was excited, but I had to cover that up. So I looked nervous instead. Crelles smiled and patted my shoulder to comfort me. As if…in my mind, I rolled my eyes. But instead, I looked up at him and mouthed, “Thank you…” He nodded at me and he opened the door. All the soldiers were there. I didn't look at any of them, but focused my eyes on the throne. I walked up to the throne and when I sat down, ravens surrounded me and flew around me, feathers flying in the air as if they were encasing me. I was neither surprised nor afraid, and I waited for it to be all over. But I became sleepy…I fought the sleepiness and I felt a change within me… I can feel hatred, anger… the raven feathers cleared, and I saw the soldiers. I smirk at them…
 
Crelles' POV
 
The raven feathers cleared. I see Emeralde, in her fifteen-year-old form. She is taller, and her hair is no longer dead. She is beautiful, in many ways I cannot put… I didn't notice that I was blushing, and I put my head down. When I was sure it was gone, I looked at her…I saw her smirk…I gasp, shocked at what had become of her. She focuses her blank eyes at the raven that perched on her shoulder. She turns to us, and says, “The Raven is alive once more! I have been waiting for this all along! The Raven shall rule Rune-Midgard once more!!!!” The other soldiers roar their agreement. She continues, “Today, we are nothing…tomorrow, we shall rule!!! I have received news from this raven,” she gestured at the raven on her shoulder. “ That Glast Heim will be willing to help us!!! And first to fall will be…Juno! My former City!” The soldiers again roar their announcement. No, this was not the Emeralde I knew…