Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal dose ❯ The Aftermath ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: '...hehe..... I got this thing up fixed again.... hope nothing happen after this.... and err... do you think I should edit this part..? Coz the manga version was different slightly than the anime version... and I had both... Hmmm....

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Disclaimer... Read and review my other fics, and you'll see that I DON'T OWN SAIYUKI. Minekura sensei is... so be it! But THESE fics that I wrote is mine!!!!!! Aah, well... I still had to say that several of the excerpt in this fic are courtesy of Mangacity.net! Yeah!! Mangacity forever!!! And well... don't count this fic to be PC to the manga! This is after all from Sanzo's PoV.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

Fatal dose
The Aftermath
By Azzie @ Alienna Azuani



'Sanzo-sama!!! What are you doing here?!! The other monks were searching for you!', cried young Koryu, seeing that his mentor was sitting at the porch with what seemed to be a bunch of orange papers and paper airplanes by his side. Koumyou Sanzo turned to look at him and smiled as he threw a paper airplane, flying trough the blue sky. Koryu watched the paper airplane soar as it eventually landed on the ground, not far from where they sat.

'I don't bother giving sermons to them if ever they want me to teach them. I can't teach them anymore than I can teach myself. The only thing I could ever teach anyone... is to how to fold a paper airplane...', said Koumyou Sanzo as he threw another paper airplane away. Koryu gave him a puzzled glance as he marveled at the paper airplanes. Koumyou smiled as he detected a hint of curiosity from the young boy.

'...Koryu.', said Koumyou. Koryu look at him in surprise. 'These paper airplanes can only fly in a blue sky...'

Koryu frowned at his master's words. 'Why..?', he asked. But his master only smiled...



'Be strong... Koryu....'

**

[Sanzo's POV]

'Aaaaargh!!'

A cry escaped my mouth, involuntarily as something sharp pierced my back. At that instant, I felt something poisonous rushed into my system even as I collapsed to the floor.

'Sanzo!!! SANZO!!!' 

'Seal the wound, Hakkai!!'

Shut up!! You ARE too loud!! But, what is this? I didn't fall on the floor. Someone caught me halfway down instead. Who... who is it? Comforting arms were around me, but they were shaking. Gojyo? No, he can't have been the one holding me right now. And I know Hakkai was kneeling behind me. I heard his voice. He was trying to heal my wound. But, that would mean... Goku was the one holding me right now...!!

'..hold on.. Sanzo! Please.. hold on!! I don't want to lose you again!! Not like before!! Heaven, please don't take him away from me again!!', I heard Goku whispered to my ear. Oi, stupid kid! I was only being stabbed at the back! I cannot die this easily! I still have to take care of you... and to recover my master's lost sutra. Heck, when did I changed my priorities to your welfare first, before the sutra? Shit, I've grown soft because of this annoying saru!!

I heard Hakkai gasp. Apparently, he can't close my wound. 'This wound... it was poisoned!!', I heard he exclaimed. My heart had almost stopped. Goku too, I supposed. I felt his hand gripping my shoulder tightly. Bakasaru! If only I could open my eyes and tell him that I'll be alright! I could feel his fear coursing through me. His fear... of losing me. His sun...

'Certainly it is!!!', I heard that hag said. '...My nails are soaked with the scorpion's poisonous venom!! Of course, the amount's LETHAL!!'

The atmosphere around the room grew tense as I felt the anger that had surged into my companions hearts. 'BASTARD!!!', Goku shouted at her. Suddenly, my breathing became hard. Pain shot out all over my body as I cried. 'Sanzo!!', Goku shouted as he held my body tighter still, his panicked voice hummed into my ears.

'Bastard!!', exclaimed Gojyo. 'Cut the crap out. Remove the poison, now!!'

Silence...

'He's dead...', came his voice, disappointed. 'Must be due to profuse bleeding. I guess the 'Immortal, eternal youth theory' was just a myth after all..', said Hakkai soon after that. Stupid you too!! Of course, it was just a myth!! Those youkais are stupid enough to believe those kinds of rumors!! Argh!? Goku had tighten his hold on me. Right now, I was so near to him that I could even hear his own heartbeat, as well as mine.

Thump. Thump.

Poor kid, you must be scared right now. You were crying softly. I wished I could have done something to calm you. But then, I was the reason that you cried. Silly, I'm still alive. I'm not dead yet. Don't cry...

/Sanzo!! I'm scared!! I don't know what to do!!/

Silly boy, there must be away to get out of this mess! There still Hakkai and Gojyo here! Don't lose hope yet. I'll hang on until you guys find a way to save ourselves and fix me up. The important thing is for you to keep calm until then. I don't want you to panic and lose control of yourself! I don't have the strength right now to contain you if that should happen!!

/Right... I shouldn't panic. Sanzo needs me to be calm! Then, I will have to be strong for him! I'll be strong!!/

I sighed, purely in relief to hearing Goku's thoughts. That's right! Be strong and stay calm!! I supposed he really take in what Hakkai had told him before. Hakkai, I should thank you for this...

**
Gojyo glanced towards Hakkai doubtfully as he heard sounds of sobs, right behind him. Hakkai and Gojyo turned their heads towards the sound, only to find Goku kneeling on the floor. Still holding on to Sanzo. Gojyo sighed as he glanced towards Hakkai.

'Hey, will he get out of control again? It's the same situation as the Rikudou incident.', he said nervously as Hakkai watched Goku carefully for any signs of trouble.

'Hakkai...', said Goku slowly.

Hakkai gasped as he waited for Goku to finish his sentences. Goku looked up towards him, his face was full of determination. 'What can we do? What can we do to save Sanzo?', he asked. His voice was quite shaken, but his eyes shows determination.

/I'll be strong...for him../

Hakkai sighed in relief. 'You did not panic or lose control. Is it... did you still remembered what I told you before? I'm so glad....'

He gave out a long sigh of relief as he replied, 'It's okay. This man won't die so easily like this. In any case, our priority is to get back to the surface...' Hakkai looked up at the ceiling as a loud thundering sounds was heard nearby and he reminded the two about their present condition...

**

[Sanzo's PoV]

CRAAASH!!!

My eyes popped open as I felt the sand, pouring under me. Goku was still holding me close. Well, I could barely move my arm so I can't complain about this predicament. He looked anxious. I found out why soon after. Hakkai had tried to use his ki barrier to prevent the sands from burying ourselves. Foolish!! But since you won't hear Gojyo's warnings... I doubted you will hear mine. The sand had risen drastically, and I felt Goku half-carrying me. Hah!! Funny to think or imagine that the saru was in fact, carrying me in his arms. I could have laugh out loud had I not been injured.

The sands had risen a lot now. Hakkai won't be able to resist the strong downpour any longer, I could feel it!! Is this the end? Would the four of us die here, in the middle of the dessert!? But then, I feel a strong breeze encircling us. I tried to see what it is, but all that I could see was the back of Goku's head. The saru was holding me very close to him, probably took it deeply in his heart to protect me till the very end. But I guess, this is not the end....

Of our journey....

**
'Hey, what are you doing?', I heard Gojyo shout. I'm still alive... and apparently they are too. I felt light. Was Goku still carrying me? 'I'll carry Sanzo on my back..', said Goku, quite near to my ears. Oh, I've thought so. Eh? Bakasaru, what do you mean by carrying me on your back?! And what was all these voices that I heard? Was Kougaiji here?

'You bakasaru!!! Under this hot blazing sun, how much farther could you go? It's impossible!!', Gojyo spoke again. Hakkai didn't speak, but I guess he doesn't have to. But wait! Does this mean what I think it is?! Goku suddenly shifted his grip on me. 'But it can't be helped!!..', he said. 'We don't have time, right? We can't use jiipu, but... I can't let Sanzo die!!!', the saru cried helplessly. Stupid saru!!! So, you don't want me to die. But do you want to die in exchange? Stupid.... I'm not that important for you to waste your life like that!! Still, Goku ignored Gojyo as he tried to lift me up.

'Wait Goku...!', said Kougaiji. Goku froze in his actions as he glanced towards Kougaiji. '..Over there is the hiryu that we used to come here. If you used that you'll be able to get to the nearest city easily. I won't mind lending it to you... on one condition. That is, if you can kill me. If we win, we'll take the maten kyoumon. If you win, the hiryu is yours.'

'Let's settle this...', said Kougaiji suddenly. Man, why did you have to choose this time to pick a fight? 'Kougaiji?..', gasped Goku. '..What's the matter with you? You were acting so weird...' I heard something... Kougaiji has started chanting!! Goku!! Get us away from here!! Man, I wished I have enough energy to at least speak to him...

'Goku... abunai!!', cried Hakkai. 

'Eh..?', gasped Goku as suddenly the area around us exploded in a cloud of dust. Goku coughed. 'What the... Kougaiji?', cried Goku as he kept me safe beside him.

'What are you hesitating for..?'

'Kougaiji...'

'Don't misunderstand. I am your enemy. Suddenly, Goku was thrown away from me as I fall back onto the sands. But then, it was probably because Kougaiji had kicked him hard to have caused him to fall very far. 'If you don't have the will to fight... then, I'll just take the kyoumon..', Kougaiji started to say as I heard, no, felt him walking towards me. Heck, there's no way I'm gonna give up my sutra!! If only I can move my hands...

'Don't TOUCH SANZO!!', Goku shouted as I felt a gust of wind near me. Oh, great!! You're here!! I never thought there will come the day that I'm very grateful that you're here...!

Sounds of scuffling and I felt another hands lifting me back up. '...It's me, Sanzo. It's alright...', the voice said. Oh, it's only Hakkai but what happened to Goku? '..Sanzo!!', came the reply to my question, not far to where I am. Just as I was thinking about him. But then, I was relieved. I can't tell why but not having to know that Goku was no where near me especially on my condition right now, I felt uneasy. This bad feeling in my stomach... I hoped it's only the pain of my wound getting up to there. And not some bad instincts of mine...

'Leave Sanzo with me... and fight!', said Hakkai sternly. 'Kougaiji is serious... he probably is fighting and carrying... carrying something important on his back. You understand that feeling... the thought of not wanting to lose something precious...' Hey, Hakkai!! What were you babbling about? This is not the time for lecturing!!

I heard Dokugakuji asking Kou whether he was serious about this decision and that stupid bloke had told him that he was dead serious. And then the kappa seem to want to have a chat with his bro... like I cared. But, does everyone here forgetting something? While you guys are out there fighting, I'm fading out here with this fucking poison in my body!! Just settle this, right now!!!

'Oi, Hakkai...'

'Eh?'

'Can you do something to stop me later?', said Goku. Oi bakasaru!! What are you trying to do? You can't be stupid...!! 'Goku, what are you planning?', said Hakkai. Hakkai, can't you see? He's trying to...

'The current me can't kill him now...' Baka!! You can't do this!! Not right now!!

'..But I can't lose...' Goku!! Don't do this!! Don't take off your diadem!!

'..I'll entrust this to you....' Don't!! You stupid bakasaru!!


CLAAAANK..!!

**
He brought me out from the darkness...
He'd given me a world brighter that the sun...
I wonder why I could remember this so clearly... I know this feeling, though...
...from long time ago...
I don't want to lose it!!

Goku... you don't have to do this...! Not even... for me...

[TBC]

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Sanzo: '...umm... well, as long as the saru didn't read this fic, I'm fine with it...'
Gojyo: '...here Goku, here...*waves fic in front of him* ..I got something special for you...!!' ^_^
Sanzo: 'OI!! Give that back at me!!'
Goku: 'Whaa..? Sanzo, what's that?
Sanzo: '..Err... nothing special!!' *sweatdrop*
Hakkai & Az: ^_^

~Owari~