Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal dose ❯ Always ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer... Read and review my other fics, and you'll see that I DON'T OWN SAIYUKI. Minekura sensei is... so be it! But THESE fics that I wrote is mine!!!!!! Aah, well... I still had to say that several of the excerpt in this fic are courtesy of Mangacity.net! Yeah!! Mangacity forever!!! Aah, well... I still had to say that I loved Saiyuki!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------
Always
The honest reply...
By Azzie @ Alienna Azuani

'Sanzo.... if it were you, what would you think? About Goku's current form...'
Shit... What would I think?! Of course, he'd just be another wild animal on the lose....

**

[Sanzo's PoV]

'You leave us to stop this? You're being unreasonable here... Goku?!' 

Thump...!

Huh? I'm still alive...

'...Come, saru!!' Wait... that's Gojyo's voice! That means... Goku must have really taken off his diadem...

Sounds of fighting. And metals cracking... 

'You bastard!! Don't fucking create biting habits!!' Hey!! Don't call my pet like that!! He maybe just an animal but it's your fault he had decided to make this drastic decision!! It's your incompetence that caused this to happen!

**
KACHIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!

Goku stopped in his tracks as he slowly turned towards me. I lowered my hands as I aimed my gun at him.

'Stop raging around... omae bakasaru!!', I said as the saru stared at me blankly. And Hakkai, don't you worry about me. I'm not going to move around too much. Just wanted to put this pet of mine to sleep first...

'Come... try and kill me...', I said. 'Sanzo...!?', cried Hakkai not far from me as he saw me pull the trigger of my Smith & Wesson. Yes, Hakkai... I'm dead serious about what I'm going to do right now! 'Come!!', I said as Goku darted towards me. I am REALLY serious about this!! It's just... I'm NOT going to shoot him in the head... I loved this Goku of mine so much that I don't want him to die by my own gun...

I released the trigger as I threw the gun behind me. Hakkai gasped in disbelief. You don't believe me?* I'm fully capable of doing this!

The gun landed with a thud as Goku dashed blindly at me. Huh, as I thought! Without his controlling device, he was just a mindless animal. You shouldn't have tried to challenge a fight to an animal. You were the one that was going to hurt since the animal will attack you with all it's got!

I kicked Goku's stomach as the kid got near. The kid coughed some blood out as he toppled backwards. I merely looked at him. Even then, I had no intention of ending his life here. Goku got up to his feet as he studied my face, cautiously. 'Unfortunately, I had no bullets to waste on a bakasaru like you!!', I said again. That seemed to aggravate him more. Stupid you! Hadn't you realized why? I had taken care of you, so long ever since I've found you in the cave... There is no way I could kill you. I loved you so much for that!! But you won't know that now, is it?

Goku tried again to attack me as I backed away to evade his punches. But then, Goku jumped and give me a high kick. It caught me squarely in the face as I fell to the ground. Goku knelt over me as he readied to pull a finishing blow on me. Right then, came this voice that tells me to just kill this kid. Instead of following the voice, I opened my eyes and looked at him, straight in the eye. Goku froze in mid-step as he hesitated to attack me. I knew it. Even though you've become violent without your diadem, you would never kill me. I have always wondered whether you had cared about me the same way I did about you. And now, I knew it for sure...

The sutra spread around us as I chanted the spells to freeze him. I pulled myself up as I stretched my arm towards Goku's head. '...Om! Ma! Ni! Pha! Meh! Hom!!', I chanted as I neatly placed my palm on his head. A diadem materialized on his forehead as Goku reverted back to his normal form. A faint gasp came out from his mouth as he fell on top of me. I looked at his stupid face again as I saw the same old pet of mine sleeping peacefully on my lap. Relief overwhelmed my feelings right now... I'm not sure if that's good considering what had happened. But as long as he returned to the one Goku I cared most about... I don't want to care about other things. As long as he was not becoming that confused, violent animal that I had to control...

'Ch... stupid face...' Your cheeks were slight red!! Stop looking so stupid!! 

I collapsed to the ground. The last of my strength seemed to have been sapped away by the poison inside of me. I started to feel a little bit drowsy. Oh well, I guess sleep won't be a problem to me. I'll be fine... as long as I have this saru by my side. The four of us would make it through...

I knew it...

'Goku!! Sanzo!!'
**
To hell with the rank of Sanzo!! In the end, your lots are merely humans who read and recite sutras!! 

You were maybe right....

This kind of torture... it isn't like you...!!

What is like me..?

Hit me with your harisen and call me bakasaru!! THAT'S the Sanzo I know!!!

Oh, Goku.... that was so like you... But strange, I felt a lot better hearing that from you....

'....strong...'

'Be strong.... Genjo Sanzo Hoshi-sama...'

**

[Sanzo's PoV] Heck!!! Why did I bother to write this... ? Of course it is!!

I opened my eyes, with the image of my late mentor clinging at the back of my mind as I realized that I was now lying on a bed and in a room. I merely stared blankly at the ceiling as I held my hand over my face. My hand looked so frail and skinny. I clenched it into a fist... and it still looked frail and skinny...

Be strong... Genjo Sanzo... 

That was the last sentence that he had spoken to me before... before it happens. That was one of the things that I had remembered him telling me...

'I am not strong!', I croaked as I recollected that memory when he had told me that. I'm not strong like you! There's no way I can do things the way you can. '...I know..', a voice replied. I swore silently as I turned my head towards the owner of the voice. Towards Hakkai...
'..But at least, you are not weak...', said Hakkai again as he gave me that wicked smile again. 'How's your awakening?', he said with a cheeky voice. Suddenly, out of habit, a vein started to throb at the side of my head. Threatening to kill me with that silly joke of Hakkai. Awakening? Hey, what do you think I am?! A corpse coming back to life?! 

'..The worse!!', I snarled as I tried to drive the bitter taste inside my mouth. Shit, the headaches getting worse!! Oi, saru!! Where are you? Stop calling for me in my head!!

'You were unconscious and in the state of coma for three days. If you have that much energy to be in a bad mood when you have just woken up, that's good enough!' 

I closed my eyes to process what I had just heard. 'Three days passed...', I gasped. And three days for the saru to fret over me for the things that he can't remember doing. And probably, three days for the stupid kid to blame himself for causing injuries to the three of us even though it was not entirely his fault.

'It was more of a miracle that you healed and regained consciousness in three days... considering that you were poisoned. If we were a little bit late, you would have been a goner... In reality, we don't know how we could have reach here... if that kid haven't found us again, we all might have been dried meat in the desert...'

'What happened to Kougaiji?', I asked again as Hakkai replied, 'Dokugakuji had carried him home. He held a grudge against us... I can't blame him.' Really? And to think that he had allowed Kou to go for it. '..I see..', I said slowly. Anyway, who cares about him? Right now, I'm more concerned about a stupid gaki that kept calling me in my head right now...

Hakkai suddenly gave a jerk as he looked at me. 'If it's Goku that you want to ask about, he was in the next room with Gojyo..', said Hakkai. I immediately closed my eyes and frowned as I turned my back at him. Why did he always could read what I was thinking? It was bothersome... and it was a breach of privacy!! Hey, I had my rights, you know! I had my rights to at least keep my private thoughts and musings!!

A faint chuckle came from him. 'Oh!! Am I mistaken..?', said Hakkai chuckling ever-so-NOT-secretly. 'Ch..! ...How would I know... that idiot...', I replied nonchalantly. So, you're not mistaken!! But I'M NOT admitting that to anyone!! Especially you!

'Before... you were the one who told me this... WE DON'T NEED ANY BURDEN...', said Hakkai. Ch... yup, I did said that. Though never much in conviction of it. Because actually... I said that so you won't realize that I also had a burden. In my heart...

'The idiot is me...', I croaked, refusing to look at him because if I did, he might as well find out more than what I blurted out. 

'If you're aware of that, please be quiet. It causes trouble...'

My, you're getting too straightforward to my liking!! 'Isn't your personality getting worse..?', I said as I turned my annoyed face towards him. Hakkai sighed. 'Iyaa... gomen. I'm just throwing it out on you... Gojyo and me, couldn't do a single thing. Seeing Goku out of control like that... we have even learned fear from his enormous powers...'

I kept myself silent. Don't want to retort back at him. This was the second time that they ever saw Goku in this state. As for me, it was nothing. I've seen him like this before. Once, on the day that I found him I had a strange dream. I was at a large hall. And I saw Goku trashing around at the heart of that hall, surrounded by fierce guards. The scene was havoc. And I saw the worse of it when that Goku killed all those guards who had tried to poke his heart with their spears and swords. I wondered why did I had that dream...**

'--At that time, I was the one he entrusted to stop him. But, I wasn't able to... I was annoyed of myself for being like this. On top of that, this event had caused a much greater ill towards Goku...'

I glanced towards Hakkai in puzzlement as Hakkai suddenly got up and walked towards the door. He turned towards me as he exited. And then, I heard it. The sounds of people arguing next door., which is SO very loud... and I'd recognized that childish voice anywhere...

Hakkai smiled sincerely at me. 'I'm going next door for a moment. But you here... sit tight and don't go anywhere! You have only just woke up. You need  the rest...', he said as he walked off.

Yeah... like I need it so much, cheh...
**

Few minutes later...

Hakkai had left....and told me to sit still. But I still had to... had to meet Goku. I just had to tell him about this. Hakkai won't know. Even if he and Gojyo could make up stories to ease his feelings, Goku won't really be any better. The only one he ever placed the complete trust on, the one who he had really listen to... is me...!

'Ah.. ah... please be quiet. It can be heard from next door... Sanzo had regained consciousness...', said Hakkai as soon as he entered the room next door. I slowly bring myself to walk towards the door...

'Oh? Guess we'll go observe his fish face.' Another vein started to throb at another side of my head. Fish face? Gojyo...!!!!

'...Don't try to run away, saru!!', cried Gojyo. I leant on the wall few feet from the door to their room. Huh... Goku? Why did you want to avoid seeing me? When in fact, you have been calling out to me so that I could be well again... even right now!

'NO!! Let go!! Sanzo would be definitely seriously, extremely mad!! How am I suppose to face him?!', came Goku's voice. I sighed. Oi, Goku... Of course I would be mad. But certainly I won't be going too far as to disown you! 

'...jeez, you were the one who had paced to and fro and worried about him the most!' 

I've thought so...

'Sanzo isn't such a cold-hearted person... probably...' 

'But..'

But what? We've been together so long... and you still not realized that I cared a lot about you?

'Are you sure you'd be okay the way things are now... Goku?', said Hakkai. Come on Hakkai!! You were so straight forward towards me but you can't with Goku? You were so unfair!!

'Well... ughh...', mumble Goku, uncertain. Shit, I guess I had to do this my way...

PAAAANN!!!

I slammed the door open as Goku jumped in surprise. He fidgeted indefinitely as he turned to face me with his scared-like-hell-of-me looks. 'Sa... Sanzo?', he stuttered as I stared at him. Ch... Goku! It's not like I want to eat you right away or feed you to the lions!!

'The appearance of the pet owner..?', said Gojyo testily. Hey, this is not a detective story! Stop talking like this situation was full of suspense! '..he.. heh, I thought I told him to sit tight... just now...', said Hakkai. Ch... ignore them... ignore them... >.<

I leant on the door for support as I fidgeted with my fingers. 'Eh.. Goku..', I said. Shit, there's no way I could say anything to Goku with the two here! 'Hah!? Nn... nani?', he stuttered again. 'I'm thirsty... hand over a can of beer for me...', I said. Yeah!! That should do it! At least I could get the saru to come to me without getting to act softy in front of them...

'...Eh? Ah.. yeah...', gasped Goku as he walked towards the fridge, (whoa!! There's also a fridge during this time!!) and took out a can from it. He walked towards me, holding the can out at me with his head down. I looked at him warily as I lifted my arm to take the can...

/I'm sorry Sanzo!! I really am... I caused trouble for you again, I'm sorry...! And I even attacked you!! I'm sorry... I never wanted to hurt anyone, especially you! Please forgive me!! I only wanted to beat Kougaiji quick so that I could save you!! I was so afraid that you would leave me... I don't want you to die!! I don't want to be alone again!! I don't want you to die... I don't want... I'm so afraid!!! Please... please.../

/...don't be mad at me.../

My hand stopped as I reached the can. Instead of grabbing the can, I pushed his hand aside and placed my hand on the saru's head...

Goku... I WILL NOT be leaving you anytime. Got it?
    
    'Eh..? Sa...', gasped Goku as he looked at me pathetically again. Shit, why can't you leave me alone with your unbearable stares?

Ch... this is getting nowhere! 'You...', I said. 

'Are a BAKASARU!!!!!!', I shouted. And like magic, my harisen would always emerge in my hand for me to hit this stupid kid's head! Once... twice... ooh, I sooo liked to do this!!! I hit the kid's head with my fan for about twelve times. Upwards, sideways and upwards again!! Goku cried as I mercilessly hit him hard.

'Ouch!!'

'Stop wearing that idiotic face!! Didn't I always told you NOT to do anything rashly before thinking about the aftermath!! Omae no baka!!!!', I shouted, on top of my lungs. Yeah, you stupid! You just won't know, is it? Or did you want me to keep on worrying about you until the end?

Goku jumped away as he fled towards Hakkai. 'Hakkai!!! You said he was not so cold-blooded!!', said Goku as I walked towards them.

'Hehe... that's why I said...probably...', stuttered Hakkai as I sat on the bed. There is a newspaper beside, so I picked it up and began to read. Goku somehow, braved himself to sit on the chair beside me.

'Hnn... cheh!!', cried Goku suddenly. I leered at him as I went back to my reading. And suddenly, I heard Goku laughing on the chair. I turned towards him. 'Oi... What are you laughing about?', I said.

'Ku.. ku... I'm not laughing... hehe.... How scary...' Ch... stupid...

'Sanzo had broken the wall of ice...', said Hakkai suddenly. 'Ch.. he's not really cute! Sanzo-sama is so shy....' Oh, Gojyo... you SO in trouble. Eat bullet!!!

KACHIINK!! KACHIIINK!! 

Gojyo swerved aside as the bullets went passed him and into the wall. Gojyo turned towards me again, this time with his face so distorted that I would loved to just laughed at his face!! Take that!! Serve you right for talking behind my back and calling me a fish-face!!

And it seemed that the kappa was about to explode...

'THAT WAS DAMN DANGEROUS!!! ARE YOU ACTUALLY WAS AIMING AT ME?!!', shrieked Gojyo at me to my delight. Haha... this is nice... ^_^

'Those bullets won't hit you if you had been behaving nicely...', I told him off as I went back towards the newspaper. The tenant's child suddenly emerged to bring me bandages for us...

'I WON'T LET MYSELF GOT TOLD OFF BY A BRATTISH MONK LIKE YOU...OMAE NAMAGUSA BOUZU!!! Move saru!!'

Goku quickly stood in front of me as the kappa tried to hit me. 'DON'T CALL ME SARU!!! OMAE AKAI-GOKIBURI-KAPPA!!!!', shouted Goku at his defence. Haha... Goku!! That was brilliant of you to come out with that name!!!

'AKAI-GOKIBURI??! SINCE WHEN YOU HAVE SUCH EXTENDED VOCABULARY? DID SANZO TEACH YOU THAT?' Ch... I had nothing to do with this... It's Goku's own accomplishment...

'YOU WERE LIKE A GOKIBURI!!! THAT'S WHAT I CALLED YOU THAT!!!'

'URUSAI!!!'

'SEE HERE???! THERE.. YOU HAD THAT RED ANTENNAE ON YOUR HEAD!!!', said Goku as I looked up to see what he meant. Goku was pointing at the waft of hair on Gojyo's head that really.... that was a pair of antennae!!! Score two for you again... saru!!

'STOP IT!!!! SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!'

Oh, man. I know this bickering was starting to get exciting but I was trying to read here!!! This has got to stop!!

KADAPAAAANNNN!!! Like lighting, my harisen swiped both of their head in one hit!

'IKAGENISHIRO!!! YOU PAIR OF IDIOTS!!!!', I shouted as both of them dispersed. Gojyo towards Hakkai and the boy while Goku by my side. The kappa dragged the two outside, leaving me alone with Goku. Pissed off? Ch.. Served you right!

But suddenly, I felt a gentle tugging at my sleeve...

I glanced sideways towards Goku. 'What?!'

Goku pouted childishly at me. Woi, you're 18 years old!! Act like one!! 'Ano.. Sanzo... Are you mad at me? Gomen...', said Goku as continued making that stupid face at me. Ch... why did you have to do this? As if I'm your father or brother or whatever it is. Why hadn't you act like this to Hakkai or Gojyo? Are you just plain idiotic or you did this coz' you know that I would always can't win over you...?

I shrugged. Please... I'm trying to read!! 'Ch... not much really. Is that okay? Now, let go of me!!'

Goku grinned as he wrapped his arm around my waist. Hoi!!! Can't you understand what I'm saying? 'Arigato....'

Oh man... (cair la aku!!!)

I stared at Goku as he kept a loose grip around my waist. 'Oi.. Goku! Can't you let go of me? I err... promise if you behaved nicely... I... err...buy you lots of food!!..'

'Yeah!!!', exclaimed Goku in delight. Oh, dear... me and my big mouth! '..but only after we get out of this desert! I don't think they got any kinds of marketplace here... not with the constant sandstorms...', I told him though Goku still hadn't snapped out of his glee...

But...

'Goku...!!', I breathe dangerously. Goku slowly released his grip but still not getting off me. He yawned unceremoniously. Heh?

'Oi... did you get enough sleep before this?, I said as I tried not to sound too concerned. Goku shook his head slowly. 'No... tried to... but can't. Woke up as sudden as I fell asleep...' Oooi... don't you be like this...

'So, sleep...! I'll be here... just don't think of anything else and sleep. Don't you go on... and make me even more worried about you, okay?'

Goku looked up towards me stupidly as if not understanding me. 'Ch... stop staring at me and sleep properly!! Get your legs up the bed and sleep!! And that's an order!!'

'Sleep? On your lap?', the stupid saru asked. 'Yup, and don't make me repeat it again...!!'

'Oh! Un...', gasped the saru as he snuggled closer beside me. '...Sanzo...'

'Hmmm?'

'...sorry coz' I always made you worry...'

'Me too... but never mind that now...'

'..un...'      


[FIN] (Or, do you want more of this? But I tell you... after this it will be my extended story... out of the manga...)

**

[*] I had originally wanted to write...' What? Don't believe?..' or 'Kenapa? Tak percaya?' but I cancelled it... most Malaysians would be familiar with this sentence... it was my favorite..!
[**] This event never really happened, at least in the manga... but it could have... you know...

**