Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye, Gojyo? ❯ We Shall Live Happily For A Long Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A day later, Gojyo opened his eyes. “What the hell?! I’m dead, aren’t I?!”
“No, not anymore,” Hakkai replied. He was genuinely smiling.
“Hey, Hakkai. Oh, a real smile!” He sat up. “So, tell me what’s going on?”
“You did die, but it was more like you were asleep, because you’re awake now. You weren’t really sick at all, just lethargic. When you collapsed, it was a sign that your body was extremely tired. It happens to all half-demons at your age.”
“Oh. So, how’d you find out?”
“The Merciful Goddess had been watching everything. She appeared before us after you died and explained it all to us.” A pause. “Gojyo, did you mean everything you said?”
“Yeah, of course I did, but don’t tell Goku and Sanzo that. Of course I meant everything I said to you as well.”
“And I meant what I told you.”
“I know. Well then, what do you say we leave this place and have another picnic? I’ve never felt more energetic in my life!” Gojyo climbed out of the bed, but fell onto his knees.
Hakkai was concerned. “Gojyo?!”
“My legs are asleep. Sorry for the scare.”
“As long as you’re alright, that’s all that matters,” he replied with another real smile marking his lips.
Gojyo also smiled. It wasn’t Hakkai’s final smile after all.

The End

Quite a twist, huh? But, I thought that there should be a happy ending and this is what I came up with.
Thank you ever so much for reading this. I do hope you enjoyed it. I dedicate this story to all of my best friends, especially AnimeFreak.inc who always knows when something’s bugging me and is always able to make me smile.
I do not own Saiyuki or its characters, they belong to Ms. Kazuya Minekura. Once again, thanks for reading. Please review, please don’t flame (this is my best Saiyuki story yet!) and please don’t sue me, I don’t have anything to pay.