Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Journey/Destiny ❯ Memory ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
         DISCLAIMER: I do not own Gensoumaden Saiyuki.



       & nbsp; Chapter 1





      &nbs p;  It's over.

         Goku sped towards Kougaji, his staff at the ready. The battle seemed to move on in slow motion.

         It's all over.

        
Gojyo was being held at bay by Dokugakouji. Gojyo's weapon cracked beneath the pressure of Dokugakouji's sword.

         Nothing can be changed.

         Hakkai stood beside me, holding me up. He was yelling at something. Or someone. He was telling them to get back, to just wait.

         Hakkai was no fool. He knew there was no waiting. It had to be done, then and there.

        
And there she was. She was as beaten as the rest of us and she was still on her own two feet. Blood was running from a gash on her right temple. It didn't seem to phase her.

         She'd called to me.

        
"Sanzo!"
        
 &nb sp;       Lirin fired at us with her Little Lirin Fireballs. He had to let me fall so he could protect us both. Fortunately, Hakkai was still strong enough to channel his chi into a shield.

         Fortunately.

         "Sanzo!"
         My eyes had focused on Lirin, but now moved to her . She was looking at me desperately, wondering why the hell I wasn't moving.
        
I could taste blood. I touched my fingers to my lips. Red really wasn't my color.

         "Sanzo! Use your scripture!" Two demons charged at her --she thwarted their attacks easily with her bokuto. A piece of wood. How much power did she really keep concealed under that calm exterior?

         "Hey, Sanzo! What the hell are you waiting for?" Gojyo managed to yell at me and push Dokugakouji off him at the same time. "Just use the damned scripture!"
         The two half-brothers stood a distance away from each other, their weapons on guard. Just standing there.

         Goku got a good hit in and slammed Kougaji into the wall. The stone crumbled and fell with the demon.

         "Sanzo! Do it now!" Stupid monkey.
        
 &nbs p;       "Sanzo." Hakkai was quiet and calm as he held up the shield that warded of Lirin's puny, but efficient, attacks. I was sitting on the ground, but I lifted my eyes to look at him.

         "Sanzo," he said again. "This is what she wants. Let's finish this."

         I nodded, and, without thinking, stood and called forth the powers of the Maten Scripture.

         What I remember before the blinding flash of light, before the intense heat, and sharp, bruising pain is minimal. But I do remember seeing her staring at me with a grateful smile and mouthing the words "Thank you."