Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Chapter 27: Unforgivable Sinner ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27: Unforgivable Sinner

The speed began to slower down. The jeep slowly came to a gentle halt. Sanzo and the rest gazed ahead. There was a figure in white kneeling before them. She was dressed like a bride. The withered roses she held as a bouquet, her make-up ruined as tears fell from her eyes. Sanzo and party got down from her car. Hakkai put his hand as a gesture for everyone to stop.

"She's a demon…"

"Could she be one of Zeltorfe's men?"

"Maybe… she doesn't look like it…"

Sanzo bit his lip. Whoever this woman or demon she might be, she is definitely in their way. The demon suddenly voiced out.

"You are the ones who killed Leonaste, didn't you?"

They turned to look among themselves.

"She must be talking about the demon we fought three days ago."

"If so, the only reason she might be here is for revenge."

Sanzo looked at the demon. Her pale face looked sad and the make-up on her face was ruined. Her grey hair looked out of place and her platinum eyes looked grieved. She voiced out once more.

"You killed Leonaste… You can't lie to me… I can smell him all over you…"

"We wouldn't have killed him if he attacked us…"

"Liar! Zeltorfe told me everything. He told me you shot him while he was trying to defend the fort!"

"Why would we lie to you? Leonaste was sent to kill us."

"Oh, are you putting all the blame now on Master Zeltorfe? You are despicable."

"But-"

Sanzo put his hand on Hakkai.

"Enough, Hakkai."

"But Sanzo, she got us all wrong!"

"That's what Zeltorfe's trying to do. Get us the blame while he continues off his dirty work."

Hakkai knew that he had no other option. He sighed at the conclusion.

"Whatever it is, you all should be punished!"

The demon stood up and threw her bouquet of dead roses onto the ground. As quick as lightning, she unrobed herself from the white dress and into a dark suit or armor. She pulled her grey hair back into a bun as she kept it neat under her helmet. Her eyes stared back at them in anger. She wiped her face clean from the make-up. She pulled out a sword from air and pointed it at them.

"I'm Eidora, The Dark Rose of The Clan. Prepare yourselves for I shall avenge those who are lost and put everything right once more!"

Sanzo reloaded his gun and aimed it at Eidora.

"Stop feeling cocky and get it over with! I'm sick and tired of your kind! It shall be ended as easily as the other day!"

Shyirin looked out of her prison window, which overlooked the Land of Shadows. It was filled with dark mist down below. Shyirin looked above as she saw cotton blue skies above her. A white feather fell into her hand as she clasped it tight. She felt someone behind her. She turned and saw Akiyoshi there, still in the corner of the dark. Shyirin looked at him and smiled she bent down to look at him. She gave him a cheery smile as he looked her with a face cold as ice.

"Why so gloomy?"

"Nothing."

Shyirin put her fingers on Akiyoshi's face and rubbed his cheeks.

"You haven't been smiling. You should smile more often."

Akiyoshi turned away from Shyirin as his eyes looked away.

"What were you thinking when you found this?"

He pulled out the white feather she held a few moments ago which fell to the ground. Shyirin looked at the feather and smiled once more.

"I was thinking of Sanzo, again."

Akiyoshi bit his lip as Shyirin's eyes looked dreamy once more.

"It's hard to explain these feelings. It comes on all of a sudden. I was always thinking of Sanzo…dreaming about the both of us, together…"

Shyirin blushed as she said that. Her eyes sparkled radiantly as she glanced at blue sky.

"I was thinking about the time when I flew away with Sanzo together to this secret lagoon… the feeling was… wonderful…"

Akiyoshi looked at the blue sky, wondering what wonders might he enjoy from it. Shyirin exhaled slowly and sighed.

"I miss him so much…"

Akiyoshi gazed at the feather once more.

`It's just a stupid ordinary feather…How can one simple thing yet make someone so happy?'

Akiyoshi got up and approached Shyirin. He opened her hand and placed the feather in her soft palm. He looked at her and closed her palm.

"Keep it, if this thing means so much to you. I don't need it."

He turned away and closed the door behind him. She glanced at the feather once more and turned her attention to the blue vast sky. She clasped the feather close in her hands and kissed it. She blew the feather in her hand away and into the sky. The wind carried the feather like a baby in its hands and took it further to the one who will receive it. Shyirin clasped her hand tightly as she prayed a silent virgin's prayer.

`Stay safe, Sanzo. We'll make it together until the Final Distance…'

Sanzo wiped off the sweat on his forehead. Gojyo was already on the ground, on his knees. Exhausted were the four of them, handling a revengeful demon. She herself was also panting, tired as she did not know that they were tougher than she expected.

"Give it up, monk. You've had your chance."

"Speak for yourself. You're also tired. But we're not done yet."

Eidora smirked at the remark and stood up unsteadily. She wiped the blood off her lips and held her sword high in the air.

"Very well, you shall all face the power off my magic!"

She began chanting a mantra. Sanzo looked around for the source of the magic flow. Hakkai glanced at Sanzo and began to worry.

"What do we do now, Sanzo?"

"Sanzo, I'm tired and hungry…"

"Master Sanzo, if you don't hurry, we'll all be in trouble like the last time!"

Sanzo glanced at them and looked at Eidora.

"Okay, listen up. Gojyo and Hakkai, distract Eidora from here. Make sure that she doesn't get to finish her spell. Goku and I will go from behind."

"HOW DOES THAT HELP?"

"It's simple. There is a thin invisible ring called the Circle of Circe around her that protects her from the spell-ring. If I can get to the core which is where she is standing, the spell can't continue as there is another life-form without any magic in the Circle of Circe which makes it unbalanced. You need one or two magic-user whose powers are equal in one circle. Therefore, if I can make it to the Circle, I can stop her."

"Sounds easy. Let's take the risk anyway."

"Right, let's do it!"

Each and everyone got to work. Goku grabbed Sanzo and they both disappeared to the back. Gojyo and Hakkai nod their heads and began attacking Eidora. One hit of the Chi-ball and the attack from Gojyo made it hard for Eidora to chant. Goku attacked from behind as well, hitting Eidora's back hard. It made the spell slower. Sanzo took the chance and ran to the middle of the ring. Sanzo held Eidora's shoulder and put the gun another to her head. Suddenly, he jerked as he felt some abnormal wave hit him.

Sanzo looked around. He was in a different place. Everything was grey: the sky, the ground, and the surroundings. He saw two figures looking at the scenery. One was Eidora… the other was the demon they defeated before she calls Leonaste.

`Where am I? Why am I here?'

Eidora held Leonaste's hands and pulled it to her heart. She looks much prettier when she wasn't that angry. Her soft curls fell behind as Leonaste pulled out the bun around her hair. Leonaste held Eidora tightly in his arms as Eidora began to cry. Sanzo walked forward. He tried to hold Eidora but his hand went through her.

`I must be in another dimension connected to her memories… Is this Shyirin's doing!?'

Eidora then began to voice out.

"Leonaste, it's dangerous! Both you and I know that. Why do this? Let us go away and be free from all of this. We need not of Zeltorfe's command anymore."

"Eidora…"

"Leonaste, I don't want to lose you like how I lost everyone else!"

Leonaste turned away as Eidora fell to the ground, holding on to Leonaste's knees. She sobbed sadly. Leonaste kept silent. He didn't want to let Eidora that he was frightened as well. But the sorrow that was written all over her face made him disturbed. Sanzo thought a while.

"Eidora, please…. Cry no more, for you will only make me grieved."

"Then, what am I to do without you, Leonaste?! Are you going to leave me like the others?"

"Eidora, listen… it's hard for me to leave you as well but-"

"Words aren't enough, Leonaste! My heart aches at every single word you say."

Leonaste pulled away his leg as he pulled Eidora to her knees. He held her hands and gazed at her.

"Then, I promise you this."

"…"

"I'll be back for you. I'll come back and we can get married. We'll let go from our contract with Zeltorfe and live together, forever. You will wait for me in that wedding dress of yours and when I come back, we'll be wed at once."

"Promise me, Leonaste."

"Eidora, by my sword, I promise you this."

Eidora held herself close to Leonaste and embraced him tightly. The two of them held each other, not wanting to let go from this moment. Then, the scenery began to become blurry and soon, Sanzo saw himself back where he was before. Eidora shut her eyes and replied back,

"Now, you know how I feel. I think you'll understand as I saw what you went through as well."

"…"

"I admit defeat… but I'll never forgive you all. I think I've won."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see."

Eidora suddenly took her small knife from her belt and plunged it to her stomach. Blood spilled to the ground as Sanzo and the rest watched Eidora take her victorious win.

"Now… I'll be with… Leonaste…forever…"

Eidora collapsed into Sanzo's arms and she gazed at the sky.

"I'm home, Leonaste..."

There was silence as the wind carried the word of death in his mouth. Eidora was already dead, her body already in ashes. The ashes blew with the wind and away it flew. Sanzo and the rest gazed at the sky, all of them felt sympathy somewhere in their heart. Sanzo looked in his hand. There was a white feather in his hand. He turned away as the rest got onto the car. He sat and gazed at the far distance.

`Thank you again… We'll meet again when this is over… in the Final Distance…'

Thus, the four continued their journey once more, to where their destiny awaits…