Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyuki Outside ❯ Chapter 29: Imaginary Reality ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 29: Imaginary Reality

The four of them stepped into the fortress of Sen no Kanashimi. They were inside it, where Zeltorfe and the rest of his crew might be hiding. They looked around. It was an empty hall with four doors below.

"Damn! This must be some kind of trick…" Gojyo exclaimed.

"But it's the only way around here. We need to separate in order to reach our goal."

"Hakkai's right. What do we do now, Sanzo?"

Sanzo stood silent, placed a cigarette in his mouth and ignited the cigarette. He exhaled and looked around.

`Trying to get us with one of your tricks, isn't it, Zeltorfe? We're not that stupid. Don't underestimate us.'

"Hold on."

Sanzo took out his gun and fired at all four doors once. Suddenly, the others vanished leaving one at the far right-corner. He held his gun and walked forward.

"Let's go."

The rest followed him behind as he walked into the dark passage.

Shyirin sighed. The sun was shining brightly and the sky was blue without any clouds around. Shyirin folded her arms around her knees as she laid her head down. Her mind aroused with the thoughts of Sanzo.

`I had a bad dream last night. It was the same as before. I felt the earth `neath me shake and I couldn't reach for Sanzo's hand. I tried to grab on to him but I failed. Our hands did not hang on to each other. The earth cracked and both of us fell. I survived because of my powers… But Sanzo…'

Tears fell from her eyes. She pounded her fist onto the floor.

`Why couldn't I save him? Is this an omen? Is this what's going to happen?'

"You've got to be joking!"

She pounded both her fist to the wall over and over again.

`But what if it does? What if I couldn't even protect anyone at all? What if I fail? What if I…?"

"ENOUGH!!"

Shyirin shook her head and shut her ears. She shook her head violently.

"Get out of my head, get out of my head, get out of my head, get out of my head-"

She muttered as she choked on her tears.

`But what if it happens, Shyirin? What are you going to do?'

"Shut up!"

`Are you going to whine forever like that? The future is unpredictable. You have to get out of here now, Shyirin.'

"Please, stop telling me what to do… I don't even know who you are and why are you here,"

`I know the urge to know me is tempting, isn't it?'

Shyirin edged herself to the wall and lay against it. She exhaled slowly and sighed.

"Who are you, really?"

`You'll find out soon… when the time is right…'

"Wait! What do you mean?"

The voice in Shyirin's head vanished. It became all too quiet. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Shyirin turned to look. The door creaked open. It was Akiyoshi. Shyirin turned all silent as he walked inside. He sat beside Shyirin and stared outside the window.

"Shyirin… about last night…"

"…"

"I was talking nonsense again yesterday, wasn't I?"

"I wouldn't know…"

"My mother was a demigod; half mortal, half immortal. My father was a demon. That's why I looked different from the other taboos. Like your friend, Gojyo, who's half-demon and half-human by his red hair and red eyes. Was that what you wanted to ask?"

"…You've read my mind."

"That was nothing. I learnt it when I was small. I inherited it from my mother."

Akiyoshi looked above. Out of nowhere, a pair of black wings sprouted from his back. The black raven wings closed and hung on Akiyoshi's back. Shyirin's eyes opened wide. He glanced at his wings and turned away from them. He fixed his eyes at the blue sky.

"I hate them."

"Why?"

"I have my own reasons."

Shyirin thought for a while.

`Black wings… He's no ordinary demon I'm facing. He's a Seraph, the dark archangel; the one who has turned to the dark side.'

"You're a Tennyo, right?"

"You already know."

"You know that Tennyos and Seraphs are enemies, right?"

"Yes…"

"You know that a Tennyo must eliminate a Seraph at all cost, and it goes the same for the opposite, right?"

"Yes."

Akiyoshi's black wings suddenly turned into dark blades and struck Shyirin but Shyirin was already in her white wing protection. The Dark wings pushed deep into Shyirin's white wings. Some of Shyirin's white wings' feathers fell to the ground. The feathers levitate themselves and struck Akiyoshi's wings, piercing it deep. Blood gushed out from both wings. There was a long battle between the wings and might over wings. Akiyoshi stepped back and leaned against the wall opposite of Shyirin. Akiyoshi released his grip on her wings. He put his hand onto his wing and let blood paint his hands. He then placed his tongue unto the hand and licked the blood. Shyirin was afraid to shut her wings, afraid that he might attack her when she's most vulnerable. He moved closer towards Shyirin.

"Tennyos have the power to heal. Use them on me."

Shyirin looked shocked for a moment but in fear and sympathy, she cast a healing spell on his wings. A few minutes, his wound was gone. He touched his wings and looked at her.

"Your demonstration to heal last night has shown me that you were a Tennyo."

"So, are you going to kill me, Seraph?"

Akiyoshi closed his wings and shook his head.

"I can't kill you…"

"Why not?"

"Because………………"

He got up and opened the door. He glanced at Shyirin and looked forward.

"I won't kill you. I have plans and you have such a major role in my plans…So, not just yet…"

Footsteps heard from afar. Sanzo could feel an evil aura emerging from inside the dark tunnel. Sanzo could feel his sweat drip from his neck. Suddenly…

"Sanzo, look! There's some light coming from there!"

"Stay on guard. We don't know what might come out from there…"

They stepped closer and the glow was getting brighter and brighter. Hearts began to beat fast. The sound was as silent as the dark midst of the night. They could feel a presence near them.

"Sanzo…Who's that?"

They saw a small young girl with her eyes shut in a yellow dress and hair of gold, levitating in the darkness, creating a bit of light. She levitated as though she was sleeping on air legs down, and didn't hear them come in.

`Could this evil energy come from her? If so, then why can't I see her true colors?'

Akiyoshi entered his chamber. Rich with red silk floating and covering the floor and walls, white silks keeping it balanced hung on the ceiling, Akiyoshi felt as if the room atmosphere soothes his soul. He crept towards the bed, where the fair Kikka lay asleep. Her milky-blond curls covered her naked breasts, as if it were vines sheltering the hidden fruits of the tree. Akiyoshi placed his lips on Kikka's neck and kissed it gently. Kikka awoke from her slumber and sat straight up.

"You've returned, my Lord…"

She placed her hands on Akiyoshi's chest and slowly removed his shirt, but Akiyoshi refused to give in to her.

"I'm in no mood for you now, Kikka…"

"What's wrong, my Lord?"

Leaves sprouted and formed to cover her fair body. She placed her hand on Akiyoshi's chest and leaned against it.

"Tell me all about it…"

"Enough, Kikka… I have no time to play with you…"

"Is it because of the girl?"

Akiyoshi turned silent as the question struck his face. His eyes turned away from Kikka, hoping not to show her. But Kikka already knew by the look she always gets when she's got something right. She twisted her curls and playfully moved her finger down on Akiyoshi's chest.

"Aki, why are you so cruel to me? Haven't we been best friends since young?"

"I'd tell you… but I'm afraid…"

"That I would take revenge?"

"That's what you did last time to all the girls I had…"

"But they weren't meant for you…" she playfully said as she reached her hand and caressed Akiyoshi's groin. Akiyoshi felt blood rush in him but it all came to a halt.

"No!"

He pushed Kikka so hard; she fell off the bed and landed on the silk floor. Kikka got up sulkily and stared at Akiyoshi hard.

"Aki, how could you--?"

Akiyoshi turned at Kikka but she was no longer there. It was Shyirin in front of him, with her teary-eyed look. He got out of the bed and bent towards her. Suddenly, he struck her face and Shyirin changed into Kikka!

"I know your tricks, Kikka… You can't fool me with that again…"

"Tell me, then… what's so special about her? What's that girl got that I don't have?"

His eyes flared at Kikka as she felt fear jolt through her veins.

"What she has that you don't have is innocence."

"I used to have that before I met you!"

"Whose fault was that to blame, Kikka?! You are, Kikka… I did not ask you to do it; it was all your own doing…"

Akiyoshi stepped out of the room, with anger in his heart and slammed the room door tightly, locking Kikka inside. Kikka's voice could be heard, crying from the other side, begging to be let out. But Akiyoshi didn't bother her. He strode away fast in anger and he knew of one place he could find comfort in.

Shyirin heard the door twist open as Akiyoshi strode in angrily, locking the door behind him.

`Uh-oh, no good… Akiyoshi's angry…'

He collapsed onto Shyirin and laid his head on her shoulder. Shyirin felt frightened as Akiyoshi could kill her anytime. Her heart throbbed fast. Aki fastened his arms around her.

"Shyirin, I have a request…"

Shyirin felt lost as she didn't know what to do next.

`Maybe I should just follow as he says...'

"What is it?"

"Comfort me, as if I was Sanzo…"

Shyirin felt her heart stop. Akiyoshi put his arms tighter around her and shut his eyes.

"Just do this for me… once…"

"Akiyoshi, it isn't as easy as you think… I can't possibly imagine you as Sanzo… It's so hard… I… "

"Then, just follow me as I go…"

He put his hands into her palms and placed them onto the walls. He gazed into Shyirin's eyes.

"Now, tell me what you see…"

Shyirin looked hard into his blue eyes. She could see Akiyoshi's past shown before her. Shyirin saw a dark figure and young Akiyoshi before her eyes.

`Mum, why won't you look at me?'

`Because you're a monster… I hate you and I wish you weren't born!'

`Mum, I'm hurt…'

`The more, the better… I wish you were dead.'

`Mum, why did you create me?'

`I didn't… You were an accident. I did not intend to bring you into this world.'

`Mum, someone accused me of something I didn't do.'

`You are always wrong! You were never born right! You have the rights to be hated!'

`Mum, the neighbor broke your vase.'

`You liar! I know you did it!'

`No, mum, honest, it wasn't me!'

`Shut the hell up, you ugly freak! Now, you deserved to be punished!'

`No, mum! Please don't use the vase shards on me! Don't use them on me! Please, mum!'

`You deserve them, you bastard!'

`No, mum! I'm innocent! Aargh!'

Tears fell out of Shyirin's eye as she turned away from Akiyoshi.

"Enough… Please…"

"That's what I've been through…"

He removed his shirt as Shyirin gasped in horror. There were words of hatred like monster and `you should have been dead' scarred all over his body.

"This is what she did with those vase shards and all the items she used to hurt me, hoping that I'll die of pain."

"Enough!"

She shut her eyes and turned away. She clasped her ears tight.

"Is that how you want to comfort yourself? By showing me your pain and sharing it with me?!"

"No…"

"Then?!"

"I want you to understand me first…"

He moved towards Shyirin and kissed her lips. Shyirin opened her eyes and gazed at Akiyoshi.

"Understand you?"

"Yes."

"But why not--?"

"They are not as understanding as you think. Only you understand me most."

"Why me?"

"That's what I wanted to ask you…"

He held Shyirin's hands again and pressed it to his heart.

"Why is it that I feel somehow you were meant for me?"

"Akiyoshi, I-"

"Shhh… Forget about Sanzo tonight… Tonight, you belong to me…"

Again, Shyirin felt her kiss of innocence snatched away from her. It was as if Akiyoshi took control of her whole body, like a puppet. Shyirin's eyes closed shut as she tried to imagine that all this are all but a dream. She felt Akiyoshi take over her. She could feel his hands on her, as if she was a lifeless doll he could play with. She felt overcome with fear and pain that she couldn't feel her body move. Then, she could feel her familiar warm touch she used to feel. She felt as if it was coaxing her or rather telling her something.

`I know you… Yet, I can only feel you… Do you know me?'

The touch was different. More different than the cold fingers of Akiyoshi. She used to feel happy with that touch. That familiar movement of grace… Then, voices appeared in her head…

"Are you alright?"

"Do you need me here to keep you company?"

"Don't disturb me"

"What are you doing in the rain? Get in here or you'll catch a cold!"

"Stop feeling childish…"

"Even so, all you have to do is to believe in us and somehow, we will work out."

"Shyirin, are you nervous?"

"No, about me holding you like this right now… you seem nervous…"

"I like this kind of atmosphere… with no one around… and only the girl I love with me now."

"I can't promise you that I will never leave you alone… But all I can promise you is that, if I ever have to go out on a mission, I will surely return to you… no matter what happens…"

"Shyirin, I want to say so many things but I can't find the right words to say them. I feel so…"

"I won't leave your side, ever…."

"Promise me you'll wait for me… until the Final Distance."

Shyirin felt something jerk. Her voice suddenly cried out.

"Sanzo!"

Akiyoshi felt a gush of wind pushing back away from her. Shyirin opened her eyes. It was Sanzo, right before her eyes, smiling back at her. He held her close to him and kissed her forehead. Shyirin could feel his very presence there. It felt all so real. Akiyoshi felt his mind play tricks on him. He too, can see Sanzo before him.

"Shyirin, I wish I could be with you now… forever…"

And she felt his touch fade slowly. She held the hand.

"Wait for me, Sanzo, until the Final Distance…"

Sanzo slowly disappeared away. She stood up and put up her angel wings at Akiyoshi. Akiyoshi looked at Shyirin, who's much braver and stronger now.

"Akiyoshi, remember that Seraphs and Tennyos are enemies. A Seraph shouldn't be off-guard when facing a Tennyo. I'd ask you to leave now and let me be, or I will definitely use force on you without any further questions."

Akiyoshi smirked.

"Very well, I'll leave now."

Shyirin watched him as he left the room. She clutched the ring close to her heart and held it tightly in her palm.

"I'll wait for you, Sanzo."

Sanzo sprung out of his senses. He went out for a while. The young girl stared back at him with innocent eyes. He looked bewildered as the girl looked into his eyes. He could see Gojyo, Goku and Hakkai gather before him.

"Sanzo, are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"Sanzo, you nearly frightened us there…"

He stood up and made eye contact with the young girl.

`You saw Shyirin, the one you love, didn't you?'

"What the heck did you to me?"

"Sanzo, who are you talking to?" Gojyo asked.

"Her. She's talking to me."

`They can't hear me. Only you can.'

"I don't care. What did you do to me?"

`I just sent your soul to see the one you want to see most.'

"Was it… real?"

The girl nodded her head at Sanzo's question.

"Why?"

`I don't wish to fight. My mistress just asked me to send you to what you desire most and watch whether you'll recover or not. I do not intend to hurt you physically, just make you dream in a world of your own. But it looks like you've recovered.'

"Did you think I was weaker than you expected?"

`No… I underestimated you. But now…'

Her eyes changed color into dark, hollow black pupils only. Her hair from gold turned into dark black that shot out and tied around the four of their necks like ropes.

`Now that you lived, I must kill you for My Lady's safety.'

The hair began to grow tighter and it was choking the four of them. Gojyo tried cutting the hair and the others struggled. But it was to no avail. The hair kept getting tighter. Sanzo had no choice… He held the gun as close to his eye level and pulled the trigger…

Blond curls on the floor. Dark red wine blood was spilt on the floor. A lifeless body lay on the ground. The girl was dead. The four of them tried catching their breath.

"She's dead…"

"Yeah…"

"She was so young…"

"We had no choice… If we don't kill her, we'll all die as well."

"But, what did she do to you, Sanzo? What did she do to you when you passed out?"

Sanzo reloaded his gun as Goku waited attentively for an answer. Sanzo looked him in the eye and smirked.

"My imaginary reality…"