Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Staring down the Barrel ❯ A note to readers and reviewers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sorry to say this isn't a continuation of this one-shot, but rather a note that I wouldn't have thought I would have to post.

It was brought to my attention today that this story was posted on animespiral under the same name, by an author who was claiming it was her work. After looking into it, stitcher2ficcer and I found that not only had she stolen this story, but also three from D-chan, one from dream-eater-is-hungry, and one from GinRyu-chan. I find it very disheartening that someone could steal a story that an author has worked so hard on and claim it for their own.

Readers and reviewers, you are our best hope to avoid this. If you see our work on another site and are not sure if the author is us, please email us and ask. I for one would prefer getting tons of emails asking if I posted my story elsewhere if the alternative is to allow someone to take credit for something I've poured my heart and soul into. It's hard for me to check every fic website to make sure this isn't happening, and to be honest, it hadn't occurred to me before today that I needed to. If Mei-Nuriko hadn't emailed me to ask if I was posting there, I would never have known.

Please spread the word to your friends in the anime fandom and ask them to be on the lookout. We are here to spread our love for our favorite shows and characters, not to have our work stolen by others. I hope this is a rare thing; I refuse to believe that all the wonderful anime fans I have gotten to know would have so little respect for another person's work.

Thanks for listening,

keistje