GetBackers Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Data ❯ Mission Verurteilt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part One

Mission Verurteilt

 

 

~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~

 

 

It started like any other mission.

 

Really truly it did

 

I don't know how it got so weird.

 

I mean, even for us,

 

This is really strange.

 

It didn't go as it was planned,

 

It didn't go well at all.

 

In the end it all went straight to Hell,

 

Emi and Shido were both in trouble,

 

Duo and Heero got no results.

 

In the end, it never really quite added up.

 

In the end Emi just said,

 

It had been a Mission Doomed,

 

And too much time lost.

 

 

~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~

 

 

Ban and Ginji were hiding up in the rather large vents of a lab. Below them, a man in a lab coat straightened up the lab, putting away materials and checking one of the computers. When satisfied, he then exited the lab. They waited a few minutes, then opened the vent and jumped down, never mind the fact that they were a good 20-25 ft from the ground. Ginji began wandering around the lab while Ban went straight to one of the computers closest to him. In the center of the room was a large, complicated looking machine. There was a base and a top held up by pillars. Through the pillars Ban could see Ginji messing around with something.

 

"Ginji, don't TOUCH anything." Ban said looking aggravated. Though he loved Ginji to pieces, there were times when Ban could do without his partner on missions, though Ginji was definitely a big help in getting them in there. But when it came to stealth and being inconspicuous, he was useless.

 

Ban picked open the desk drawer under the computer and began looking through disks. Suddenly he could hear Emishi's voice in his ear.

 

"You find the disks?"

 

Each of them had a little device in their ears so they could hear each other.

 

"Looks like it…" Ban replied, taking the disks out of the drawer and putting them in his bag.

 

"Great, now let's get the hell-mmph."

 

"Emishi?" Ginji asked, suddenly alarmed.

 

"Whip-tastic, Monkey Tamer, either of you there…?" Ban asked; sounding a bit worried.

 

Both Ban and Ginji could hear a fight in the background. "Ban! Ginji! Get OUT!" They heard Shido say.

 

As if on cue, the double doors into the lab opened, two guards crashing through and a particular whip-wielding brunette walked in smirking. Ban heard Ginji give a sigh of relief at the sight of Emishi.

 

The relief was cut short when Shido went flying past Emishi, over a counsel, and landed in the machine.

 

"SHIDO-CHAN!" Ginji called out, going after him.

 

Shido grunted as he tried to get to his feet. He had been taken off guard, but that was ok. In the next room, guardsmen were covered with mice and rats that also covered the floor like an ocean of brown and gray fur.

 

 Emishi threw the guards out of the room and pulled the double doors closed, jamming the handles with his whip and swept his hands together. "Whelp, that'll hold'em."

 

Gunfire could be heard on the other side of the door. "For a bit anyway. Anyone got an escape plan?"

 

"We came in through the vent." Ginji said.

 

"That would be all well and good, but Muscle Man here's too big. We'd have to lube him down first." Ban said.

 

Emishi and Ginji exchanged hentai grins at the mention of Ban lubing Shido down.

 

Ban just closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "You're both fucking nymphos, you know that right?"

 

Shido, who was currently leaning on Ginji, just rolled his eyes.

 

"Oh, Emishi, here," Ginji took off his belt "Use this on the door instead of your whip."

 

Emishi took the belt "Thanks… gee, it doesn't take much to get this off you does it?"

 

Ginji blushed. Ban rolled his eyes "Just change them!"

 

"Um… Ban, that thingy is blinking…" Ginji said.

 

"Wha-?" Ban hadn't turned all the way around before the entire room was filled was filled with a liquid, yellow light.

 

Ban's last thought before losing consciousness went something along the lines of 'Who let the sun in?'

 

 

~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~

 

 

"Dude, we've been here for over 24 hours. There's nothing down there."

 

"I know." Heero shifted positions, his body becoming stiff.

 

"This is sick." Duo said

 

"I know."

 

"Are you just gonna sit there saying 'I know' every time I say something?"

 

"I know." Heero replied sounding and looking quite serious.

 

Duo just stared at him, watching the smile slowly make its way across his friend's lips.

 

"You suck, Yuy."

 

"Not half as well as you, or so I hear."

 

"From who? Wufei wouldn't tell you anything that went on in our bedroom."

 

"You're right, he wouldn't."

 

"HE-!" Duo was cut off by a strange sound. "What…?"

 

"Sounded like it came from downstairs…" Heero reached for his gun, quietly flicking off the safety. He looked over to Duo, who had his gun ready and nodded to him.

 

The pair had been staking out the building across the street. They were in an old warehouse building that had been abandoned years ago, a good half a century before the war.

 

Quietly as the two could manage, which was pretty impressive, they made their way to the stairs, silently going down the steps. They reached the ground floor and looked around. It was all one huge, dark room. Light from the streetlamps outside shone through broken windows, landing on two human forms lying on the ground a few inches from each other. Heero and Duo approached carefully, guns still drawn.

 

Duo crouched down by one of the people (men, he'd realized). "They're breathing." He informed Heero, who was currently moving around outside the square of light.

 

"There are two more over here." Heero replied leaning down. There was one rather large one and a smaller blond, both with spiked hair.

 

Duo inspected the two men lying on the ground. Both were lean, and had long, toned limbs. One had long, loose, brown hair covering his face and an extremely long whip surrounding him and the man next to him. The other one had spiked brown hair and an extremely pretty face.

 

"Heh, this one over here's really fem-" Duo found himself gasping for air and staring into a pair of extremely pissed off blue eyes.

 

"Duo?" Heero asked and looked behind him. One of the men had a hand wrapped around Duo's throat and was glaring up at him. "Shit," Heero had his gun trained on the guys' head and was slowly moving closer. "Let. Him. Go."

 

The man on the floor didn't seem to hear.

 

"If you don't let him go, I'll blow your fucking brains out."

 

He didn't seem to be listening. It took Heero a moment to recognize the situation. The man was running on autopilot. I used to do that…

 

"Ban, let him go." Came a voice from behind Heero and he moved to the side. Looking over he saw it was the large one. He hadn't quite noticed just really how big this guy's arms were…

 

Ban looked into the darkness in the direction of the voice. He seemed to suddenly realize what he was doing and let Duo go, who sprung backwards.

 

"Christ…" Duo said, rubbing his neck.

 

"What the fu- Where's Ginji?" the man laying next to Ban stirred and sat up.

 

"Over here, Emishi." A fourth voice, which Heero guessed was Ginji, called out.

 

Heero just stood there perplexed, as they seemed to have forgotten that the two guys with guns wearing Preventers uniforms were there. It was all rather interesting. Heero also seemed to have forgotten about Duo, who was in a sort of shock.

 

"My head…" The big guy (Shido, as Heero realized) said coming into the light.

 

"Mine too…" Ban said standing up and dusting himself off, glanced at Duo, and turned to Heero "Who the hell are you?"

 

"I was just about to ask you."

 

 

~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~/*\~

 

 

"Hmm…"

 

"Kazuki?" Toshki asked, looking slightly concerned

 

"I'm worried."

 

"About…"

 

"Shido," Kazuki was sitting in the Honky Tonk between Jubei and Toshki and constantly looking up at the time. "He said he'd be here 2 hours ago."

 

"I'm sure he's fine." Jubei said.

 

"Yeah. He's a big boy. He can take care of himself."

 

Oh yes, very big… Kazuki thought to himself, though his inner musing didn't show on his cool, proper mask. "He's never been this late before."

 

As if on cue, Hevn walked into the Honky Tonk looking frazzled and for once, fairly covered. "Have any of you heard from Ban, Ginji, Shido or Emishi?"

 

"No, actually, Kazuki here was just looking at the clock for the umpteenth time. Why?" Paul asked, drying a coffee mug.

 

"The client called me telling me they never got back from the mission. It was fairly simple, especially since there were four of them, but they never came back, and they were supposed to call me to inform me they were finished." Hevn replied.

 

"Hmm…" Paul had a look of concentration on his face. " I wonder what could have happened to them. They'd better not've died. They're not allowed to get themselves killed until after they pay me what they owe me."

 

"Of course." Hevn smirked, receiving a return smirk from Paul. "I figure they'll be ok, but it's not like them to be late without informing us and telling us what was happening."

 

"I know." Paul said.

 

"At least Shido would have tried to contact us by now." Kazuki said. Jubei placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I just wish I knew what they were doing.

 

 

 

On to Part 2: Strenuous Circumstances