GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Themes ❯ A Cold Rain ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: A Cold Rain
Author/Artist: AquaianGoddess/Christina
Fandom: GetBackers
Themes: 09. A Cold Rain
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Mentioned ShidoxBan
Disclaimer: If it were mine, there'd be more sex, more blood and more nakedness (mmmm Naked Shido)
 
Thanks to Sammei for being my beta.
 
 
09. A Cold Rain
 
It was pouring out when the GetBackers dragged their sorry selves into the Honky Tonk. Neither looked very pleased, and Ban was walking with a slight limp. A fight?
 
"Geez, you two look like you've been pounded by a cold hard rain."
 
"More like pounded in a cold hard rain, in Ban-chan's case."
 
"What?" He had meant their hearts and souls...

"Ginji, shut up." Ban growled.

"Ban-chan got fu-" Ban punched Ginji in the head. "OW!"
 
"SHUT UP I SAID!"
 
"Ban had sex with someone?" Paul blinked, not that they could tell, but he did.
 
"Shido."
 
That surprised Paul. Ban and Shido? But they were always fighting...and wrecking his shop.
 
"SHUT UP, DAMN YOU!" Ban bristled, angry.
 
"Why on earth did you have sex with Shido? In the rain, no less." Paul knew it was wrong to get amusement from Ban's discomfort, but it was just too funny.
 
"I didn't mean to! It just happened!" Ban looked flustered. Not something that happened very often.
 
"How can sex 'just happen'?" Ginji wondered. That's what Paul wanted to know.
 
"One minute we were fighting and the next we were kissing and before I knew it we were naked and-" Ban blushed bright red and scowled.
 
"If you didn't want it, why didn't you throw him off? You're certainly strong enough." Ginji thanked Paul as he poured him a cup of coffee.
 
Ban didn't answer.
 
Rape? Shido didn't seem like the type of guy who would do that. So if it wasn't rape... "...you did want it, then?" Paul asked.
 
"I. Don't. Know. I don't know, okay?! I don't know what I wanted!" Ban snapped.
 
Paul poured Ban a cup of coffee. "...Do you want it to happen again?"
 
Ban took a sip of the dark, bitter liquid, and said nothing.
 
"Ban-chan?"
 
"...It was so much easier when he just hated me..." Ban mumbled into his cup.
 
"Why?"
 
"Hate is simple. It's an easy thing to understand. It's-"
 
"What you're used to." Ginji said flatly. So the blond was observant after all.
 
"What?" Ban blinked at Ginji.
 
"You're used to people hating you. Natsuhiko-kun, Himiko-chan, Fudou... I see the looks you give me sometimes. Like 'Why the hell is he still hanging around me? I don't deserve his friendship'." Ginji glared at Ban. "Newsflash, Ban-chan, you're likable. You have good qualities. You've got few friends, but those you do have, you'll defend with your life."
 
"And eventually kill them."
 
"You had a reason with Yamato-kun. I don't know what it was, and I don't want to know until you're ready to tell me." Ginji sighed. "Not the point. You're smart and funny, even though your humor isn't really appreciated by most. But that's okay! Emishi's the same way."
 
"You did not just compare me to Miracle Whip."
 
Ginji grinned. "And you and Shido have funny names for people."
 
Ban blinked at that. "What?"
 
"Shido called them 'The Sewing Brigade' when he first met Kazuki, Juubei and Sakura."
 
Ban snorted into his coffee. "The Sewing Brigade?"
 
"Kazuki is thread, Juubei needles, and Sakura fights with cloth. It's nifty!"
 
Paul rolled his eyes. "Back to Ban's problem. Did Shido say anything to you?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Did he say anything to you to make you think that he doesn't hate you?"
 
"...that it was easier when he hated me. That he hates me even more because he doesn't hate me. Which makes no sense!"
 
Ginji burst into laughter. "I knew it! He's been into you this whole time!"
 
"What?!"
 
"Ban-chan, weren't you ever a little kid? Ever? It's the whole 'I like you, so I'm going to pick on you' thing!"
 
Ban buried his face in his hands as Ginji laughed, and outside, an ice cold rain continued to fall.