GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Aizu Winter ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Aizu Winter

 

"What are we doing here again?" Ban rubbed his hands together briskly. It was freezing. It was snowing hard. But Ginji just didn't seem to care. The former volts leader scooped up another handful of snow and patted it down on the growing mound before him. He turned to his best friend and smiled brightly.

"Making a snowman, Ban-chan!" Ginji laughed and went back to collecting snow.

"It's too cold out here. And we are supposed to be working," Ban grumbled, burying his chin deeper into the thick scarf he wore.

"It's not so cold," Ginji replied cheerfully as he continued to work on his heap of snow, "And we already finished the job."

"Yeah, so we should be getting back to Tokyo to get paid and where it's not fucking snowing." Ban turned away, intent on going back to the car. He just hoped she would start.

"Ban-chan," Ginji's voice sounded pleading and Ban stopped, knowing exactly what his partner was about to say. "I just want to be in the snow for a bit. I've never seen so much of it before…"

"Don't know why you'd want to," Ban mumbled. Ginji walked up to his friend.

"Ban-chan, can't we stay just a bit longer?" he pleaded. Ban crossed his arms and frowned.

"It's too cold, Ginji," Ban paused, feeling his friend's mood deflate behind him. He sighed in resignation. "Stay as long as you like, but I'm going to go back to the car." Ban made to walk away but Ginji caught his arm.

"It won't be fun without you." Ban turned towards Ginji, determined to tell him not to be silly but there were those eyes looking at him like anything less than total compliance would result in Ginji's death. Ginji smiled, knowing full well victory would soon be his. "I'll keep you warm, Ban-chan," he said and took Ban's hands in his own.

"Well that's not going to do much," Ban retorted, though he couldn't help himself smile a little at Ginji's conspicuous attempt at seduction. Ginji laughed at the challenge and drew Ban closer to him, covering his lips with his own. When he drew away Ginji kept his face so close Ban could feel his warm breath on his face.

"Can we stay then?" Ginji asked. Ban feigned thoughtfulness for a moment before replying.

"I thought you wanted to build a snowman."

"This is better." Then Ban really did laugh.

"You idiot. You really should plan your strategies for convincing me more carefully." Ginji looked at his friend, confused.

"It's not like we can get any further out here!" Ban laughed.

"Oh yeah," Ginji giggled, embarrassed. Then a mischievous look spread across his face. "I'll come back to the car with you then…"