GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Knock on the Door ❯ Knock on the Door ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Knock on the Door
by aibeauty
 
 
Warning: This is a yaoi fic featuring Ginji and Kazuki… That's right! It's a ginjixkazuki fic! I've been scanning the get backers page here in ff.net but I can't find a ginjixkazuki fic so I made one hehe I really love them together! if they look ooc, sorry for that but I do not really mean it…
 
 
Summary: It has been a week since Ginji visited Mei City due to all the work as a Get Backer. Ginji x Kazuki, plus other pairing. One-shot.
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Get Backers, but I sure do hope so… the original flow of the story belongs to G Lee (ginnie). Go checkout her fanfic, Turn the Key, featuring senru. Again, the wonderful anime do not belong to me, and the flow of the story belongs to one of the greatest writer here, Ginnie. Thanks again ginnie! And oh, please also check out my other fic, Jump to the window (yyh: hxk).. it has the same flow of the story.
 
 
Note: italics are words spoken
 
 
- - - Knock on the Door - - -
 
 
Ginji's POV
 
 
I walk inside at the Honky Tonk Cafe. I have been living here for so long that I cannot remember when I first came and moved in. I walked in front of Natsume and Paul and gave them a big smile.
 
 
I opened the window and gaze up at the usually bluish and cloudy sky. The misty breeze that accompanied the midday weather change penetrates my clothes, forcing my sweat-ridden body to shiver at the cold touch.
 
 
I sigh as I recall how my past days went.
 
 
- Flashback -
 
 
Ban, Shido and I were assigned to get an old relic back for an old man. The relic is supposed to be a family treasure of history so it was important for the old man. A gang whose boss was a collector had stolen the relic and hides it in a warehouse near the Kyoto Bay.
 
 
The job was easy since the gang did not hire any protectors or something. Just as we were about to leave the warehouse, Dr. Jackal and Himiko came. At first we thought that they were supposed to be the protectors of the gang but surprisingly, Haven sent them to help us in transporting the relic. They then lead us into a truck and we put our car on it.
 
 
“Don't worry Mido, were here as your transporter. You see, Haven wants you on time tomorrow for your date with her family,” Dr. Jackal said. “Hmph! I told her that we can handle things here and still be on time,” Ban replied. “You see Ban, most girls would really see to it that their guys are always on time when it comes with their family,” Himiko started and I finished it with, “And knowing you Ban, you are always late with dates!” With that, all of us laughed while Ban was still stuttering to tell us that he's not late with dates.
 
 
By 5:00 am, we dropped Shido by the mountain near Madoka's mansion. “Bye Shido! Say Hi to Madoka for me!” I yelled. “Sure thing Ginji. We'll dropped by Mei City tomoroow,” Shido yelled back as our truck swifts away.
 
 
After an hour, we arrived at Honky Tonk café. And Jackal and Himiko literally dropped as off because its Saturday and its date day for both of them. “Hey Jackal! Make sure you take Himiko home by 6pm, ok!” Ban yelled as the truck speeds away.
 
 
- End of flashback -
 
 
Funny, I never thought that those two would end up together. But then again, I never thought that Lian and Jubei and Toshiki and Kaoru would also end up together. And did I mention Natsume and Haruki? Who would have thought?
 
 
Suddenly, the door burst open revealing Haven and Ban, whose arms are snaking around Haven's waist. They just look so cute.
 
 
“Hey Ginji boy, Good morning!” Haven greeted. “Hi Haven! So, are you going to send Ban to the barber shop again?” I asked even if I know the answer. “Oi Ginji, you know the answer so don't make it too hard for me because I really hate that shop!” Ban protested. “Oh no you Ban, you will go there and we will go there right now! See you guys later!,” Haven said while she pulled Ban outside the café.
 
 
“That means that I need to go too!” I said as I was about too open the door. “Ginji wait! Can you please give this to Haruki? You see, it's his favorite. And please tell him if he can go earlier here at the shop so he can help me,” Natsume said while handing me a box full of octopus. “Don't worry, I'll give this to him. Seems to me that you two are really serious isn't it?” I asked while smiling. “Thank's Ginji and yes we are serious and please send my regards to everyone for me. Now go now Ginji. Bye!” She replied while she pushed me out of the café.
 
 
As I entered Mei City' s entrance, I was greeted by familiar faces at a nearby shop.
 
 
I first saw Cruise and Dishimenei nod towards me who were sitting at a bench drinking coffee. Makubex and Sakura, who were holding hands, together with Haruki, Lian and Kaoru were all sitting at a nearby table. “Hey Guys! How've you been?” I greeted excitedly. “Were all fine Ginji. Nothing's much change.” Makubex said. “I see. Haruki, this comes from Natsume. And she said if you can come earlier to Honky Tonk.” “Thank you Ginji! O wow! Octopus! Sure thing, I'll go earlier. Maybe I should go now? Yeah, I should go now. See guys later!” Haruki said and he then went off while Lian and Kaoru giggled at his antics. “You'd better see him now Ginji. I bet he really misses you.” Sakura said as she shooed me away. “Thank's Sakura.”
 
 
As I turn into a corner, I was greeted again by familiar faces.
 
 
“Jubei! Toshiki! How are you?” I greeted. “Were ok. So go now,” Toshiki said as he walks passed me. “He's a little grumpy. You see, he woke up late and Kaoru left her sleeping like a baby. And he's been worried about you not being on time. Before you go, have you seen Lian?” Jubei whispered. “That's why he's grumpy! And I will never will be late with him, I promised. Lian's with Makubex and the others at the restaurant,” I replied. With that, I waved off.
 
 
I continued my way and headed to a path I know so well that I can create a map of it blindfolded and in the dark. I halted at the door just outside his apartment. The door is till the same, simple yet homey. I was about to knock when the door suddenly opened - -
 
 
There he stands, his lithe body clad in over size shirt and a jersey shorts.
 
 
His soft brown eyes, sometimes serene and tranquil, sometimes wild and restless -- look up at me in excitement, an inexplicable happiness lending them a warm glow. I loved those eyes.
 
 
I just remembered... It has been a week since I last came home to Kazuki.
 
 
Moreover, he gives me a smile, so pure and innocent that it belies his age.
 
 
I gave him my special smile in return, which I only often show to him, joy coursing through me in seeing the reaction that I stimulate in this beautiful creature in front of me. I take delight in the fact that Kazuki also needs me for him to be happy.
 
 
"Ginji... you're home," he says.
 
 
Again, I wonder in his simplicity. Though few draw meaning from a simple statement such as that which he uttered, to me it has an entire world of significance. He may be all an amazing fighter, but somewhere in him, he is still the passionate lover I love.
 
 
He pulls me in and closes the door behind me. Without even waiting for me to remove my shoes, he reaches out and pulls me into a tight hug. With that one gesture, all my weariness and job-concerned anxieties disappear, and all's right in my world with MY Kazuki.
 
 
Then come the sweetest words I have ever heard, so beautiful were they that they could have been mistaken not for me to hear: "I missed you."
 
 
Isn't it funny that after all the toil you go through, a simple display of affection just turns everything around?
 
 
No longer am I able to find a reason to be tired.
 
 
Gently, I disentangle myself from the comfort of his embrace, and he reluctantly drops his arms. I lean to give him a short, sweet kiss, before he turns to return to the kitchen.
 
 
While he starts stirring the food at the pot, I reach for him and pull him to my chest, burying my face in his soft, long locks and delighting in the mild rose scent of his shampoo.
 
 
I trail light, feathery kisses down behind his ear to the area between his neck and shoulders, before whispering, "I missed you too, my Kazuki." Another radiant smile and a kiss is my reward.
 
 
Tomorrow, I will be heading back outside Mei City for another grueling work, and will most likely be coming home well into the night -- drenched in sweat with fatigue claiming every part of me.
 
 
Yet I know that when I do come home, Kazuki will be there waiting for me at the door -- along with his beautiful smile and pale arms itching to pull me into a warm, "welcome home" hug.
 
 
All I have to do is knock on the door.
 
 
owari
 
 
Reviews will be very much appreciated. I hope you can comment about my pairing hehe Thank you for reading, and thank you Ginnie!