GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely Day ❯ -- ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

//Such a lonely day//

It was the same every time

//And its mine//

He’d sit, and he’d wait.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

If you told anyone that Emishi Haruki, he who laughs in a pool of blood, wielder of the Rohan Dancing Whip and all around pain in the arse, was waiting for anyone they’d probably advise you to seek medical attention and some good medication. Yet, there he was sitting in a tree in front of the house mansion waiting.

//Such a lonely day//

There was only one person who could make him wait.

//Should be banned//

Well, at least make him wait without getting his head torn off.

//It's a day that I can't stand//

Emishi hated to wait. It was boring and the only thing he could do was entertain thoughts of a life within Mugenjou where the only thing he’d have to think about was protecting the children of Lower Town and backing up his fellow gang members.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

He couldn’t stand the memories. They choked him up and left him struggling against the urge to go back to where the boredom couldn’t kill him and the memories were far away.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

He truly had only one reason to stay there, outside of the comforting walls of the most dangerous place in Tokyo.

//Such a lonely day//

He hated it.

//Shouldn't exist//

He hated how days like this would creep up on him, cutting through the protective mask he’d created.

//It's a day that I'll never miss//

He couldn’t wait for it to be over.

//Such a lonely day

And its mine

The most loneliest day of my life//

Emishi couldn’t, however, deny his fault in the situation. If it wasn’t for the torch he held for a certain tall, feral, aboriginal he wouldn’t be in this mess. He’d follow the man to the farthest reaches of space and into the deepest of ocean caverns if it meant being near to him.

//And if you go, I wanna go with you

And if you die, I wanna die with you//

He’d even follow him blindly into the afterlife.

//Take your hand and walk away//

Had Emishi known the Beast Master’s plans to leave the Limitless Fortress after their leader he would’ve left with him without hesitation.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

But he didn’t.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

He didn’t tell Emishi anything and instead left him to nurse that wound until it festered into a deep, nearly incurable bitterness that had driven Emishi to almost kill the man he had held so dearly.

//The most loneliest day of my life//

Almost.

//Such a lonely day//

Emishi was looking up at the sky lost in thought when the deadly, deceptively silent man approached him, arms filled with shopping bags.

//And its mine//

He hadn’t expected to see his old friend out there, much less leaning against a tree being still. It was indeed a rare sight and one that Shido treasured deeply, whether Emishi knew it or not.

“Hey,” Shido said, interrupting Emishi’s reminiscing “Stop being lazy and help me out with these.”

“Wha-!” Emishi jumped near mile high at the seemingly sudden appearance of the object he desired. “Great jumping Buddahs! Warn a body why don’t ‘cha!”

“Why should I?” Shido replied dryly “It’s to much fun watching you bounce out of your skin. I’m hoping that one of these days you’ll catch all that hair on a branch and have to start saving up for hair plugs or the like.”

“Dick.” Emishi replied while taking a back from his larger friend.

//It's a day that I'm glad I survived//

Shido smiled at Emishi, making his heart flutter in a sickening likeness to a shojo manga school girl as he unlocked and opened the door to the house mansion.