GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Mad World ❯ Mad World ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mad World
 
Disclaimer: Get Backers belongs to… the creator of Get Backers. Who isn't me.
Warnings: character death and shounen-ai
 
 
It was a gaping wound, and I recognized that there was no way I'd survive. Blood was already dyeing my shirt red, running in rivulets down my legs and finally pooling at my feet.
 
Ban seemed to realize this too—he was staring hopelessly at me. He watched as I fell to my knees, but he could do nothing to help me. His eyes locked on mine before he turned back to the men he was fighting, although I didn't see that.
 
I suddenly wasn't collapsed in a grimy alleyway anymore. I was leaning against out car with Ban next to me, smoking his cigarette. We were outside the Honky Tonk, but we didn't go in; I was content with enjoying the sunset and Ban's companionable silence.
 
His cigarette dropped to the ground slowly; I heard the sounds of his shoe moving against it, crushing it. Shuffling steps placed him in front of me and his hand found its way to my shoulder. I wondered whether something was wrong, but he leaned in and destroyed my ability to think coherently.
 
Soft lips moved against mine; strong arms pulled me into the man's chest. He smelled of second hand some and little else. The sick scent coupled with the feel of his tongue made me dizzy. The sun-warmed car door pressed into my back and I stared up at Ban dopily when he moved away. There was a soft brushing of lips against my cheek and I breathed slowly in for lack of anything better to do, giving him a confused look.
 
“I love you,” he whispered, his hot breath blowing across my cheek.
 
Ban,” I finally choked out, wrapping shaking arms around him, pressing wet kisses to his lips and cheeks. “I love you too, Ban! More than anything!”
 
He smiled and gave me one last breathtaking kiss before the world went dark.
 
(m)(a)(d)
 
When Ban left the alley that night, a pile of corpses remained. He took the body of Ginji Amano, dragging it to his car. He pressed the gas, refusing to brake until he was in front of the familiar café. He propped the shell against the car and lit a cigarette.
 
He looked into the car mirror, a smile lighting his face as he saw anything but his friend's corpse and his own blue eyes staring back at him.
 
 
5/24/05