GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Thoughts ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author’s Notes:
*Yaoi. Characters not mine, only the idea is. Spur of the moment. Did this in one morning(?) as a sort of challenge, to see if I can write in only 500 words. Here it is. Read. Review. Enjoy.*

~~~***~~~

"Why did you go away, Kazuki?" Juubei asked for the nth time, as they were walking towards the Pharmacist. His will breaking down, the Fuuchoin Master finally decided to admit the truth. After all, he owed the man who had promised to protect him. It wouldn't be easy, though.

He murmured the words softly.

“What?” Juubei asked. “I didn’t hear you.”

Kazuki, rather tense now, repeated the explanation in a slightly higher volume, but still, his friend was unable to hear him properly.

“Liposuction.”

‘Liposuction … ?!’ “Could you run that through me again?” Juubei requested. “It seems that I’ve heard you wrongly.”

“Liposuction, okay!” Kazuki shouted in exasperated tones, red with shame and annoyance. “That’s why I went away from Mugenjou! I had liposuction!”

“What?” Juubei blinked rapidly. “What the hell are you talking about, Kazuki?”

“Well, partly, it’s because of Ginji-san, too,” Kazuki sniffed. The admission took some guts to go through. “But … way before that … other than feeling ignored and unimportant …” he took a deep breath. “People had been asking me if I were pregnant.” A few tears made their way down his cheeks. “People … people suddenly began apologizing to me, saying that they were sorry they mistook me for a man because of my voice.” He hiccupped. “Gifts started to come from our former Fuuga companions ... baby socks, feeding bottles, even a cradle, for god’s sakes … They even started congratulating me. At least,” Kazuki’s voice darkened. “They had the tact enough not to ask who the father was.”

Juubei didn’t know what to say. He remembered, not only once, but many times, people from Lower Town were congratulating him, too. When he asked what the best wishes were for, they only smile mysteriously and walk away. But it wasn’t making any sense. Kazuki had always been lissome and slim all of his life. Why would he need to have liposuction?

“Maybe it was an idea of a joke by the God of Mugenjou,” Kazuki said bitterly. “Just before Ginji-san walked away, someone told me that I shouldn’t overwork, that it’d be bad for the baby. That’s why I left.”

“You’re kidding me.” Juubei shook his head in disbelief.

Kazuki didn’t say anything. Instead, he drew out a picture he had taken (and loathed) before he had approached a professional practitioner and handed it wordlessly to his friend.

Juubei’s eyes went wide in shock. In deep consternation, he laid a gentle hand on Kazuki’s chest, moving in slow circles. His hand would have touched other parts of his friend, had not the Fuuchoin Master jerked away. Juubei fell flat on his face.

“What the hell?!” Face aflame, he stared accusingly at Juubei. “You were groping me!” Not that he didn’t like it, but he feared he knew why his friend did it.

“Gomen nasai. It’s just that … Ne, Kazuki,” Juubei ventured. “Are you sure I really didn’t get you pregnant?”

And that was the true reason why Juubei got blind.
Converting /tmp/phpFc9fWn to /dev/stdout