Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Fiction ❯ Family Pet ❯ Togusa ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Comrades! Horrible news! The Major is going to search the hangar today!”
“What!”
“No!”
“She won’t let us keep him!”
The first unit took charge. “What we need is a plan! We’ll hide him until she’s done.”
Another unit whirred dramatically. “It’s hopeless. There is absolutely no place we can put him that the Major can’t find him.”
“We have to try! I think I have an idea!” One of the units cradled the tiny creature. “Don’t worry Rover, we wont let Major take you.”



“Togusa? Can I ask you a question?” The detective looked up from his book.
“Sure Tachikoma, what is it?”
“Where do babies come from?” Brown, organic eyes widened as the human choked uncontrollably.
“Wha…ha…?” This was not exactly the type of question he was expecting. Carefully he set down the book he was reading, desperately trying to find an answer. “Can’t you look it up or something?”
“I have been reading up on it but I just can’t process the data I’ve found. I comprehend how the body is formed, but at what point in the gestation period does the fetus develop a ghost and becomes a baby person? Well, I was specifically curious about baby cats.”
“Cats?! Do cats even have ghosts? Well…umm…” The former police officer scratched his head and looked around for something to tell the unit. At that point the hangar was completely void of anyone who could possibly offer assistance.
Damn, where the hell are the others when you need them? Togusa swore silently, willing someone…anyone…to come to his rescue. Then suddenly he had a brilliant idea. “Have you asked Batou?”
“Nope!”
“Good… go ask Batou. He would know. And if he doesn’t know then you can always ask the Major.”
“Ok!” He watched as the blue A.I. scuttled off and sighed, never even feeling the metallic arm slip into his coat pocket.
“Cats? …Achoo!”


A striped head poked up out of a pocket as the Section Nine operative walked away. “Comrades, the mission is complete!”
“Hurray!” The unit standing on a crate waved an arm-like appendage wildly.
“You think it will be okay?”
“It’s just for a few hours while Major inspects the hangar. Nobody will even notice. And we can get it back when Togusa comes for his motorcycle!”
Another unit put down the book it was reading. “This is not the best-thought out plan. There are too many variables to consider.”
“Oh don’t be like that! Rover will be fine!”
“His name is Fido!”
Her name is Angel!”
“COMRADES! We need to find a name we all agree on. I found it, so I say we agree his name is Rover.”