Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Fiction ❯ Family Pet ❯ Borma ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Borma glanced over at Togusa, who shrugged.
“Don’t even ask. You don’t want to know.”
“Alright then.” With a final glance at the two men sitting on the floor on either side of a cat, he returned to his lunch.
“You realize she’s gonna kill us all, right?”
“It’s all in your head.” Togusa looked over puzzled.
“What?”
“The allergy, you aren’t sneezing anymore. You’ve just convinced yourself you’re allergic.” He glared.
“Why the hell did you name it that? You’re trying to get ghost-hacked aren’t you?” She’ll delete half your memory for this. And now you’ve dragged me into it…”
“Perfect!” Batou held up the bowl of milk proudly. “Just the right temperature.” With a flourish he placed it in front of the kitten. Drink up Motoko, there’s plenty more.” Borma coughed.
“You named it Motoko?”
“It’s Togusa’s idea.”
“What the hell! Don’t try to dish that off on me…”
The bald cyborg shook his head sadly. “I wouldn’t want to be either of you when she catches you. In fact, I don’t even want to be in the same room.”
“Hey there, why aren’t you drinking?”
“You’re talking to it!?!” Batou ignored him. The kitten kept nosing around the dish but wouldn’t drink any.
“Here.” He dipped his finger in, but the kitten didn’t take more than a few licks before nosing the dish again.
“It probably needs a bottle.” The two looked up at Borma, who studiously avoided their gaze.
“Come again?”
“Cats sometimes need to be bottle-fed even after they’re old enough to lap. That could be its problem.”
“And how exactly do you know this?” If his skin had been organic it would have turned a brilliant shade of red.
“Girl I once dated had a bunch of cats…fifteen to be exact.”
“And she had you bottle-feeding the kittens?”
“Hey! I was young! People do dumb things sometimes!”
“Well,” Batou jumped up. “Where are we going to find a bottle? See if there’s anything close in here…” Borma sighed guiltily.
“You can use a straw…”



It took nearly half an hour for the two government-trained, government-employed agents to figure out how to trap milk in the straw with one hand, hold the kitten and pry open its mouth with the other and successfully deposit the milk inside the cat’s mouth. In the end there was more milk on Tougusa’s pants than in the kitten’s stomach. Finally, under the supervision of an embarrassed Borma, they were able to feed the cat a reasonable amount.
“Well, that was effective…I think.”
“You have to do it again in three hours…umm…Togusa… I’d put him down if I were you…” Togusa looked up for a moment.
“What?” Slowly his eyes narrowed to half slits as his leg felt strange. “Guys?” Batou and Borma were consumed with peals of laughter.
“Ye..es?”
“Did the cat just pee on me?” Laughter transformed to raucous guffaws.
“Yes.”
“Crap.” Stiffly the human placed the cat on the floor and stormed out muttering. Batou scratched the kitten’s ears.
“Good going Motoko. Your aim’s as good as Saito’s.”

Up until now Batou and Togusa have been lucky…but their luck was just about to run out.