Gone With The Wind Fan Fiction ❯ Who is going to Gettysburg? ❯ Who is going to Gettysburg? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Sorry, this is my first upload on MM. I deleted this off and put it back on so I could get a little me in here. This was a class assignment (Reading, writing, and American History) to write about (or around the time of) a Civil War battle and use quotation marks (cuz' my teacher thinks that we are stupid and can't write a paper with quotation marks correctly.) This is my first fanfic of Gone With the Wind. I hope you will enjoy it.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Gone With the Wind.
 
Who is going to Gettysburg?
 
 
“Oh, Ashley, why do you have to go to war? Why do you leave me here with Meline and your child to take care of?” questioned the young and beautiful Scarlett O'Hara.
“Meline loves you like a sister and you should treat my baby like your own nephew. Oh, my dear Scarlett, why must we all go to war? To fight for what we believe in or just to kill?” Ashley Wilkes told Scarlett as she clung to him.
“Fiddle-dee-de, I don't see why we fight. Can we just let them believe in what they believe in?”
“Ha-ha, you would make the best general ever. Scarlett, take care of Meline, yourself, and the baby for me please? Can you promise me that?” Ashley looked into Scarlett's eyes.
“Oh, Ashley, I love you. I will. Of course I will.” Then Scarlett kissed Ashley. Ashley thought, “Why must she throw herself at me when she knows I will not forget my wife and child?” He pulled away.
“No, I will not leave my wife and child for you. Good-bye, Scarlett.” And with that he left leaving Scarlett crying at the top of the red velvet steps of her mansion in Atlanta, Georgia. After a few minutes, she stops crying and someone knocks at the door. Mammy, her slave, came to Scarlett.
“Mr. A-Rhett's here to see ya, ma'm.”
“Thank you, Mammy,” Scarlett said, dry-eyed. She straightened the front of her green and white dress she had wore on the day of the barbecue at the Wilkes's. She opened the door and Rhett came storming in.
“Scarlett, how are you my darling?” he asked her with his dashing smile. He kissed her hand. She remembered the night of the dance in Savannah when Rhett told her that all he wanted to hear from Scarlett was to hear the same words he had heard her say to Ashley, I love you. “How are taking all the talk of the war? Gettysburg is sure getting popular around here!”
“Rhett Buttler, did you just come here to butter me up just to hear me say I love you? You know better than that!” Scarlett batted her eyelashes. “The talk of war is horrible, with all of our men going to fight in the battle. It almost makes me cry when I think about it.”
Rhett put on an apologetic face. “Then you would be crying for me, I assume. I'm going to join the Confederacy tomorrow. I'll be gone by Monday.”
“Then, why are you here? Just to torture me with more talk of war, that is cruel and so unkind.” Scarlett's eyes were watering.
“Aww…now dear, don't cry.” He pulled her close into a hug. “The war will be over soon and we'll return safe.” He sighed and, still holding Scarlett's hand, got down on one knee. “Scarlett O'Hara of Tara, will you marry me? I promise to be the best husband I can be. I'll shower you with all the love and riches you may want.” He looked at her with hopeful eyes.
“Rhett…I…do…not…do…” She broke into tears. “Yes! I will! I love you, Rhett!”
 
A/N: Well…there it is. Plzz review and don't be afraid to hold nothing back cuz' I want to know what ya'll thought.
Bye,
Kitty_alogos4!!!!!!!!!