Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ *sshole ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Asshole
 
 
She'll do anything to make me feel like an asshole. That's why she married me. Look at her. Sitting on her throne, gripping the throttle as if it were a scepter, she's the Queen of Hell. I am just her vassal. Her asshole.
 
“Why did you have to go there?”
 
I have no response for that. Lies are pointless. Evasion is laughable. The truth is already known. There is nothing to do but fold my hands over my hat and pray that she doesn't ram my Porsche into a tree.
 
“So you're going to silently suffer through this. Is that it?” She guns the engine. The countryside is a blur in her headlights. “Poor, lovesick Tohma. Is that what you call this pose? What am I? The bitch who ruined your life?”
 
“Mika, please…”
 
“Why were you there, tonight, Tohma?” There's this horrible screech. Like a thousand cats slaughtered under the wheel. I reach for the dashboard. Something chokes me.
 
Dust rises from the roadside. For a moment I think she's got her hands around my neck, but it's only the seatbelt. She taps the wheel with those porcelain nails, like she's waiting for me to realize she hasn't even begun to hurt me. I believe it, too.
 
“Well?”
 
“I'm so sorry.”
 
“No. Don't give me the lines you rehearse for him.” This time it is her hand. On my lapels, slapping my face, shaking me. “I'm not Eiri, Tohma. I'm not one of your little rock star whores, either. You tell me, damnit. You look me in the eye, and for once be a man and tell me why the fuck you thought you had any business there.”
 
“I was dropping off some papers…” That earned another smack. I knew it would. I have hired management- Mr. K- for that kind of footwork.
 
“At ten o'clock at night?”
 
“Business doesn't stop…” Another slap.
 
“Bullshit! Bullshit! It's all bullshit!”
 
The Queen falls from her thrown, crying herself crazy- until she's a little girl with mascara dribbling down her cheeks, into my jacket. I just sit there, with a stinging face and exposed nerves. Like the asshole I am.
 
At least… at least someone loves me this much.