Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Blank ❯ blank ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Gravitation doesn't belong to me, and so on so for.

A/N : Wondering what this is, ne? Well, this is a short vignette for… a certain Gravi character. Though, it's applicable to almost every Gravitation character (he has to be male though) so just let your imaginations run wild. Imagine having New Year and not remembering anything….

Blank

He trailed his fingers across the smooth wooden surface of the piano, relishing in its flawlessness and marveling at how cold it was against his skin. He narrowed his eyes and, turning away from the glass wall before him and the scenic view of New York at night, let his eyes fall completely on the slick black piano beside him. A ghost of a smile flitted on his lips and as the fireworks from the nearby square lit his face up in the darkness, he looked like a somber painting of a elf; ethereal, perfect and eternally melancholy. He took a deep breath, thinking many things at once, and then exhaled slowly - so slowly the action almost seemed painful.

But it was painful; in a sort of non-physical, unfathomable and unexplainable way.

He could almost hear the faint sound of people laughing and songs being sung and the fireworks. Twenty-floors up and still it was evident what kind of festivity was going on. New Year in New York transformed the city into one big party house. Music was played everywhere, celebrating and festive, joyous and energetic, sometimes melancholy but in a bittersweet, nostalgic way. No matter what happened, New Year in New York was what it always was every single year.

But not for him, no. Not for him.

The cold emptiness within him, the painful feeling of incompleteness tore at his heart every single passing moment. How do you spend New Year when you cannot even remember how you spent the, perhaps, better parts of it? When whenever you tried to remember you end up with nothing but blanks?

He frowned, biting his lower lip even as he closed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. He knew he shouldn't be thinking like this, turning all nostalgic at such a minor thing and at New Year's Eve too. But was it a minor thing, though?

A myriad of colors exploded from outside, causing him to quickly turn away from the piano to look outside. He was met by the sight of a variety of fireworks filing the nightsky with short-lived stars of almost every color you could think of. A smile, a slight curving of the lips, grazed his lips. It did not convey joy, it wasn't happy, but it wasn't sad either. It was a smile of contentment, nothing more or less. It reached his eyes and was, above all, genuine.

He took a glance of the watch on his left wrist and noted with a tiny bit of amusement that it was exactly a minute and six seconds past twelve. "Happy New Year," he said, greeting New York softly and let an imaginary wind take it away to the people he'd forgotten…

…and the people he once loved.