Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Falling for the Enemy ❯ Falling for the Enemy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Falling for the Enemy
By: Araki
Rating: T
Summary: XMR has a band that seems to be rising above all the rest - even Nittle Grasper! Tohma isn't going to stand for this, but he didn't expect his brother-in-law to fall for XMR's top band vocalist, Shindou Shuichi.
Pairings: Yuki x Shuichi
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Gravitation, Maki Murakami does.
 
~*~*~
 
Four magazines laid face up, glaring at a group of three in mock. No one could say a word, and none really wanted to. The head caption spoke for itself;
 
Nittle Grasper's Diving from the top? XMR's BAD L UCK breaks the charts in quickly, page 24
 
“Mou, Tohma…” Ryuichi whispered, not wanting to look at the magazine any more. Since they started Nittle Grasper six years before, they had always been on the top of the charts, only a few times did another band surpass them, but they always rose again.Now, this thing just wouldn't go away, this thing happened to be another label's rising band - BAD LUCK. The mere thought of that name was a fire to all their souls. “So we're second best, that doesn't mean anything-”
 
Slamming his hand on the table, the blonde keyboardist huffed. “But, Ryuichi-san, if this keeps up, we'll be no more but another band!” The young women next to him remained quiet, just staring at them with a small bit of shock by the sudden uproar from the usually mellow member. “It hurts worse is that their damn keyboardist is my fucking cousin, making this even worse!”
 
“You did teach him to play the piano, maybe you had this coming?” Noriko smirked at Tohma's predicament, and Ryuichi also chuckled to this. “It has nothing to do with us getting older though,” she whispered, “they're a new band, they'll fall just like the rest, we just have to appear undaunted by this sudden change of events, just like all the others that happened.”
 
Raising his hand, Ryuichi pulled his two band mates attention upon him, his head sinking slightly knowing that Tohma's temper was still way out there and ready to attack with probed. “We just went into this for the fun of it, Tohma-kun. We knew when we started, that there will always be people better than us, and we kept that thought even when we had been on the top for two years. We all knew we were playing with a rapid dog at that point, and just waiting to be shot down. Maybe this is for are own good to…”
 
“You don't understand,” Tohma's voice low as the door opened and their producer walked in, “What if this is the end for us…?” The other two band members remained quiet as their Producer let his presence known before smiling brightly towards them. Ryuichi waved cheerfully, Noriko nodded, Tohma didn't respond, his eyes still on those magazines that stood out before them, still mocking and laughing at him, his eyes stayed on the band that was one-upping them. His own cousin, young little Fujisaki Suguru - only fourteen - was playing his keyboards with a large smile on his still innocent face. On guitar was Nakano Hiroshi, sixteen, his red hair was tied back, and he too still held the aura of innocence. Their vocalist was like a younger Ryuichi, however the boy's hair was pink and looked cut to a girlish look. If it weren't for that, Tohma would have confused them both. Shindou Shuichi, also sixteen. A bunch of punks were going to show Nittle Grasper up, and Tohma swore he wasn't going to allow that to happen!
 
“Studio B is open now.” The nervous producer spoke clearly and Ryuichi started running down the hall, screaming happily about singing, and Noriko glanced at Tohma before following after their happy friend. Tohma nodded his head to the producer and started picking up the magazines. “Don't worry,” the producer reassured, “We'll make sure Nittle Grasper comes out of this on top, just like always.”
 
Of course, Tohma didn't feel very reassured over that. He couldn't help but worry that BAD LUCK would be the end of Nittle Graspers careers. A reassuring hand pressed against his shoulder, and Tohma nodded before following his two friends down the long halls of the studio complex.
 
~*~*~
 
“`-BAD LUCK doesn't appearing to be having any `bad luck' at showing Nittle Grasper that the young musicians are still out there, and are rising quickly to the top…'” Suguru's voice faded as he finished the article in a magazine that had been handed to him by their manager, Reiji. Shuichi's eyes were wide, as were Hiro's as they contemplated on what the article was truly saying. None could really believe that people were thinking they could beat the god-like band, Nittle Grasper! Reiji stood back, a smile wide on her face, watching as this news sunk into all three of the musicians' heads.
 
Shuichi's shocked cry was what broke the tension in the air as he dived into Hiro's arms, laughing and cheering. Both were on their feet in seconds jumping in circles, laughing, and having a good time over this small fact. Suguru, who usually kept to himself anyway, stared at the article again, before up at Reiji. His eyes were wide with shock, glancing at the magazine before his manager again.
 
“This is serious now, Shuichi-kun!” Reiji raised her finger, still grinning and full of life. “Now the media is involved and that means we've got to show our stuff, we need lyrics pronto!” Shuichi gave her his victory sign before continuing to jump with Hiro. “Suguru and Hiro can keep up their music arrangements, and soon we can be bigger than Nittle Grasper!”
 
The other two nodded themselves, before they broke their meeting up, Shuichi ran to go grab his backpack. Since the band was all still high school students, they had to work around each other's hectic schedules. Even Suguru's was different, since the boy went to an all boys private school, and both Hiro and Shuichi went to different public schools on the other side of Tokyo. It was all chance that they could all know each other.
 
“Shuichi, you coming with me tonight? Y'know I don't like you staying alone.” Hiro asked as he started down the street, waving his goodbye to Suguru as the small teen took off in the other direction to get home before he broke curfew.
 
Shaking his head, Shuichi grinned brightly. “Nope, sorry. I'll see you tomorrow at work though!” Shuichi crossed the street, leaving Hiro behind. Nothing could fade the smile of achievement that remained on his face as he passed through the upper district of Tokyo, only because he needed to walk through to get to his apartment just next to it. It was quiet, mostly because most of the people in the area were already at home, enjoying their evenings with their families, or working more so they could achieve more financial wealth. Shuichi wasn't sure, but that didn't mean he cared either.
 
Walking down the sidewalk, he placed his hands in his pockets, clutching the orange windbreaker to his body as he listened to the faded loud noise from the commercial side of Tokyo. Never was it quiet. A car, or two, drove by, but the vocalist never stared up to see what was going on behind him. He had grown use to cars going by, people existing houses, so he just tuned it out. Stopping, he dropped to his knees, and grinned as he pulled out his CD collection and player, and carefully placed the item into the player. Draping the headset over his head, he tuned the music on full blast and continued on his merry little way, charging into the street to run towards the other side of the street so he could walk through an alley closest to his apartment. He never heard the sudden screeches of tires, and it was too late as the vehicle itself threw him off his feet. He didn't land that far away, and knew nothing was broken, just laid there, aching a lot. He heard the car door slam shut and the running of boots and a sudden curse from the driver.
 
“Brat, are you all right?” Shuichi's half-lidded eyes stared up at the blonde looking down at him with impassive eyes, but Shuichi couldn't stop staring into those golden depths that showed behind the drooping dark glasses. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing escaped, and darkness finally came over his vision entirely.
 
~*~*~
 
“I'm so sorry I can't show up,” a sarcastic voice caught the passed out boys attention. A dull ache in his hips pushed him further awake until he was staring at the blonde he had seen just before passing out in the first place. Shuichi groaned slightly, not having any energy to sit up. The gentle vibrations under his ear gave the impression that Shuichi was moving, or rather, he was in that car he was hit by. He blinked again, staring up at the blonde at the wheel as the man shut it off, not even saying a `good bye' to whoever was on the other end. Golden eyes glanced at him again, before back onto the road. “I'm taking you to the hospital.” The man muttered, and Shuichi's eyes clouded over, before staring down at the door handle.
 
“You don't have to, just drop me off here and I'll walk home. I'm sorry for bothering you, mister.” Shuichi smiled, but the car didn't pull to the side, but continued to glide easily down the road, still in the direction of the hospital. “I said just drop me off right here, sir! I really don't need to go to the hospital!” But still, the man didn't seem to be paying attention, his gaze still drawn upon the road. Grabbing the handle, Shuichi prepared to open the door when the lock made a distinguished `click'.
 
“Shut up.” The blonde muttered. “I'm taking you to the hospital because I ran into you, and I don't need to be sued by your parents for whatever damage is caused.” Shuichi raised an eyebrow at the man before sighing and repeating his demand.
 
“Just pull over.” Once more, his demand was denied. With a sigh, Shuichi pushed the unlock button, the car clicked, before clicking again. Turning, Shuichi glared at the stranger, but the stranger's glare back was very hardcore and went through Shuichi's very timid soul, striking fear into him. Tears filled Shuichi's eyes as he jiggled the door handle. “Please, I'm sorry…I'll pay for whatever damage I did to your car, just let me get out!” Shuichi pulled on the handle again, and the driver stared at him from the corner of his eyes before turning the car a sharp right and started back in the direction that they came, away from the hospital. “Thank you…but please, let me out?” Shuichi whispered, but the driver went back to ignoring him for a few minutes.
 
“Where do you live, girl?” The man asked, and Shuichi stared at him with wide eyes. He could help but wonder if he heard this man right, girl? Shuichi's head turned slightly, before staring down at his flat chest. His jacket had two lumps from where it had rolled up slightly, looking very similar to breasts. That could explain a thing of two. Shuichi felt like just relaxing his jacket to prove his had no breasts of sort, but Shuichi couldn't find the common sense to do so.
 
Girl!” He screamed. “I'm not a girl!” He faced the man, his eyes full of rage.
 
The driver's golden pupils met up with Shuichi, eyeing the boy up and down, before looking back at the road. “I assume you're a woman then?” He muttered, and Shuichi paled further. The man still didn't get it. “Where do you live, girl?” The blonde asked again, and Shuichi whined a bit, realizing he couldn't get anywhere in the first place.
 
“I'm a boy, and I live four blocks from here.” Shuichi stared out the door as the driver put a cigarette between his lips. “You shouldn't smoke.” Shuichi said, matter-of-factly. The driver ignored him, of course. Shuichi grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, he pressed back into the passenger seat, giving directions from time to time until they pulled up to his apartment complex. He had just moved into it, living with his second year sister, who was probably at a friend's house that fine evening. With a grumble, Shuichi opened the door and stared inside at the man. “Thanks.” The muttered.
 
“Wait…” The driver grumbled, and Shuichi turned around and stared at the blonde. The man had cigarette his fingers, over the ashtray. His glasses off his face, showing his cold, narrow, eyes. “Get this straight, dumb ass, I don't care about your safety, and was only trying to make sure I'm not sued for any damage by your parents. Quit playing in the road, like a good boy. If you don't want to kill yourself, you should probably stay away from Mercedes SL's and SAAS Cabriolets. Because if you get in front of me again, I'll hit you and then back up over you for good measure (1).”
 
~*~*TBC*~*~
 
(1) - Direct quote of Eiri Yuki; Gravitation Volume 1; Track 2, page 67