Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ In an Instant ❯ Second Thoughts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welcome to chapter three of "In an Instant". Sorry that it took me so long to get out… stupid writers block -_-;. Well anyway, thanks to all of my new reviews!! ( Anime Writer, gallatica, Misura, Crystalis Inlance, and AnimeCrazed) As always, thank you for your support. WARNING : MAJOR Yuki OOC. I didn't mean for it to happen that way… but I guess that Shu has just made him a little softer over the years.

I do not own any of the Gravitation characters. `……….' Are thoughts and "……….." is people talking.

Enjoy!!

!^*&%(*^#*(&%^(*&#(*^)!@(*&)!(*@&_(*!&@( *#&)!(*@&)(#^)$&!%)$*&%($*!&_($*!&(@*$&(!*$& ;)!(*&$)(&*$^*&@#%!$^*(($(*^!$*(&#$^)*(!

Last time on "In an Instant"

(Yuki) arrived at his apartment in record time (running 2 red lights and all stop signs in the process). `Please let him still be alive' Yuki thought as he ran up the steps. He almost couldn't get the key in the door because he was so nervous.

When he got inside, the sight made him go pale.

Chapter 3: Second Thoughts

Shuichi was sitting in the kitchen with Yuki's cutting knife pointing at his chest; tears running down his face. He was looking at Yuki, the slamming of the door catching his attention and causing him to stall.

Shuichi couldn't seem to make his voice work. During this entire time he had been thinking of Yuki, and now he was here. `I have to hurry and do this before I have any second thoughts. Yuki looks so worried… I've never seen him look like that before.' It was that look that helped Shuichi find his voice, even if it was only one word.

"Yuki"

The sound of his own name was enough to snap Yuki back to reality. He had be so stunned by what was in front of him that he wasn't even sure if it was real or not. Either way he had to get to Shu no matter what so , stumbling over his own feet in his rush, he ran to where Shuichi was kneeling. Crouching down next to him, Yuki took the knife out of Shuichi's hands and took him into his arms, placing Shuichi's head in the crook of his neck.

Shuichi's eyes widened at Yuki's actions but it was only the beginning. What he heard next made him wonder if this was really Yuki. Shuichi picked up his head to look at Yuki's face and all he could do was stare, Yuki was….he was….crying. He had only seen Yuki cry once before and that was a long time ago. He wasn't counting on his strong lover breaking down like this.

"What where you thinking?", Yuki interrupted his thoughts, "What---what did you think you were doing?"

Shuichi remained silent, determined not to break down and cry as well. He had made up his mind and there was no way that he could go back now…..no way.

"Answer me Shuichi---please. I can't loose you. If it was something that I-"

"No Yuki, you didn't do anything." Shuichi kept his voice steady, surprised at the strength that it held. He hated doing this to Yuki but it was something that he had to do.

"Then what then? Why would you want to kill yourself? I know that it is hard to go on without them, but you have to find a way to continue on with you life. You have to find new strength in the people who are still alive and that care for you. Did you ever stop to think of them? Did you? Did you think of what would have happened to us without you? What if we all copied what you did, kill ourselves and take the easy way out of the pain of losing someone that we car for….just because we missed you. The line of deaths would be never ending. Is that what you want? I know that I would kill myself right after you did. You have been the only thing that was keeping me alive, without you, I have no reason to live."

Shuichi didn't say a word and remained uncharacteristically still. What Yuki said did make sense and it was true and he didn't want them to do that--- however.

"No one would really miss me enough to kill themselves. You say that you would, but if I were really to kill myself you wouldn't be able to do it. There are too many people who would miss you."

Shuichi's comment was met with Yuki pulling away and slapping him across the face. For the second time that day, Shuichi was caught in shock. He looked at Yuki with a look of betrayal, but when he saw the look in Yuki's eyes---

Shuichi started to cry silently.

"What the HELL do you mean that no one would miss you enough?! Do you remember who you are talking to?!! God! Even my brother cared enough about you to come and get me cause he thought that something was up."

Shuichi paused crying a bit to make his voice work " He…he came to get you? But why?" Then it hit him--- Tatsuha was the only one that he had talked to in person. He must have heard the emotions in his voice. `Shit'

He should have known from the moment Tatsuha picked up the phone that his plan was doomed. If only he hadn't called anyone. However, the more that he thought about it, he realized that maybe this was something that he really didn't want to do. It was like he had called people with the unconscious hope that one of them would notice what he was about to do and stop him.

Yuki was right, people did care and they would miss him. And even if it was all an illusion, he knew that Yuki cared, and that was all that he needed.

*&*(#(*$&^(*#&@*($*()^(*&^$(*&^))@#(*)&@ _#)(&#$(*^$&*)&&)@#*_@&(#*&_*&$(*^)($*^)(*%^(*$ _(*#&_(*&_#%*&%_(#*&_%(&*#

Done!!! Sry it is so short but I wanted to get SOMETHING out. I'll try to work faster on the next one!! Hoped you like it….and please review!

~firekitsune aka the REAL voidsenshi~