Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ In an Instant ❯ Nothing to Live For ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hell to you all! Thanks for getting this far!!!! And thanks to you who reviewed (Anime Writer Karica, panatlantic, Misura) You guys are great! Oh, I do not own Gravitation or any of its characters. This chapter starts off in Shuichi's POV and will switch later. `……' are thoughts and (………..) are my notes. On with the story!!

#$@^$#!@^@#%&#^%$*&%^(&%(*&%(*&%*&%^$^*% #%^##$&%#&*%#$%^$*^%$*^%$*^%$*^%$*^%$&%^$&%^&^%$

Ch. 2: Nothing to Live for

When I woke up this morning, Yuki was already gone, and I cried. This was the first time in a week that he hasn't been there when I woke up. I felt do alone, so…abandoned. He did leave me a note though, his sister was very sick and Seguchi couldn't stay at home to take care of her. He said that he would be back in time for dinner and that I shouldn't worry nor should I cry because he wasn't there. Hmm…he is really starting to understand me. I surely would have cried and been worried if he did not come home at all. This thought made me feel better.

I went into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast but I settled for Pop-Tarts instead. Turning on the TV, I sat down on the couch and snuggled into my green blanket, trying to get rid of the chills that have suddenly invaded my body…just as they did every morning. After flipping through the 999 channels for the 24th time, I caught sight of a news program that was doing a special on the two dead Back Luck members. Just hearing their names made my heat ache with sadness and I knew that I should turn it off but, for some reason, I couldn't. I was so drawn in by the flood of memories and emotions that I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. I sat and watched the entire program with awe and by the end, tears were running freely down my face. I felt so hopeless, so unfit to live.

So, I decided to end it, my life that is. Why not? I knew that I should try to carry on but without my other members, I couldn't find the strength or the drive to keep on living. I walked into the kitchen and went to find the sharp cutting knife that Yuki only used for special occasions. Once I found it, I just sort of looked at it, contemplating the best way to end my pathetic life. Hiro and Fujisaki got to go out with a bang so to speak so I will as well. Recalling a play by a man called Shakespeare, I took the knife and placed it at my chest.

It was then that thoughts started to flood my mind. I wondered if the news would do a special on me, if anyone would really miss me. I was always so energetic and everyone would tell me that I was annoying, so of course no one would miss me. But then I though of Yuki, and wondered if *he* would miss me. Heh- probably not. If anything he would be glad that I was gone but he would probably me angry with me. He would be angry that I took my life and didn't have the decency to but a cloth down so I didn't stain the wood, he would be angry that I got blood on his favorite knife and hadn't even asked if I could use it. However, another small thought crept into my head, that he would be mad that I took my own life and hadn't said good-bye and then he would call me selfish. In my mind I actually here him….crying, I don't want Yuki to cry.

Sighing, I set the knife down and got out a piece of paper to write my farewell not to Yuki. There was a point during writing the letter that I almost started to cry and decided not to kill myself but I remained strong and finished the letter. When I was done, I also thought that I should call some people as well- - - Nakano-san, K-san, Ryuuichi-kun, and even Tatsuha but then I started hoping that they wouldn't be home, so that I could just leave a message.

I picked up the phone and called Ryuuichi first, then Nakano, and finally K. To my relief, none of them were home and I was able to leave a message saying that I was going on vacation and that I would miss them all while I was gone, closing it out by saying I'd see them again some day.

All that that left was Tatsuha and considering my past luck, I hoped that he wouldn't be home. If he was, I don't think that I could hold up, I mean it is a lot harder to say good bye to a machine than it is to an actual person. However , no such luck lasts forever and after a couple of rings, Tatsuha answered the phone.

"Hai moshi-moshi." He sounded a little bit worried and I wondered why. Then it hit me that he was probably at home waiting for news on his sister and he thought that that is what this phone call was about.

"Hello Tatsuha-kun." I heard him breath a sigh of relief.

"Shuichi-kun, What are you doing calling here? Is there something wrong?" Yes, he definantly sounded relieved when he heard my voice…but still he sounded worried.

"Oh, no, nothing is wrong. I just wanted to say good bye, that's all."

There was silence on his end of the line for a moment before he responded. "Oh, umm where are you going?"

God, I really don't want to talk anymore, I was starting to lose my mask. "umm, just on vacation. I'll be gone for a while so I thought I should call and say good bye."

"Ano, but Shuichi, you never called before any of your vacations before. Yuki didn't say that you were leaving and I got you tickets to Nittle Grasper's special concert this week. My brother said that you could come."

Shit! I wasn't expecting this…what am I going to do now?!

"Shuichi, are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm still here. My vacation was, umm, sort of, umm, spur of the moment. So, yeah, I got to go. I'll see ya again some day, Ja!"

"…Ja…"

~*~* Tatsuha's house*~*~

"Well that was odd, I don't think that I liked his tone."

*ring-ring*

"Hai moshi-moshi"

"Ahhh Tatsuha-kun! How are you?"

(Tatsuha's eyes get as big as saucers)"RYUUICHI!! Umm, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well, actually, I was wondering if Shu called you? He called me and some other people and left as sad sounding message about going on vacation. It didn't seem like him so I thought that I would call you."

There was silence on the line as Tatsuha turned all of the new information over in his head and suddenly it clicked.

"Shit! Ryu-kun, I'll have to call you back later, there is an emergency. Ja ne!"

Slamming the phone down, Tatsuha went to get his coat where he then ran out to get into his car.

`What the hell are you thinking Shuichi? Is it Suicide? Something bad is going to happen- - -I just know it.'

He sped off down the street to his sisters house. Her house was on the way to his brothers apartment, so he figured if anyone could stop Shuichi from what he was about to do, his brother could. Arriving at his destination, Tatsuha nearly leapt out of his car and he ran to the door, flinging it open. Inside he saw his brother sitting on the couch, glaring up at him like normal. "What do you want Tatsuha? You are being very ru-"

"Shuichi." Tatsuha interrupted.

"What about him?" Yuki still wasn't pleased with his younger brother's sudden appearance.

"I think- - -Well I think that something bad is going to happen to him."

Yuki's eyes widened a fraction "What do you mean `something bad'? Like what?"

Tatsuha looked down at his feet, it was a lot harder to tell his brother this that he thought it would be, but they were running out of time. He had to hurry. "Suicide."

"NANI?!" Yuki's eyes were now very wide as he starred at his brother. "How do you know?"

"Look, I really don't have any time to explain! He could be dead by now! I'll tell you later, JUST GO!"

Yuki didn't waste anymore time, he got up from the couch and walked hastily toward his car. `God, please don't let Tatsuha be right! I…I..I can't loose him."

He arrived at his apartment in record time (running 2 red lights and all stop signs in the process). `Please let him still be alive' Yuki thought as he ran up the steps. He almost couldn't get the key in the door because he was so nervous.

When he got inside, the sight made him go pale.

&%^%@#&#$&*%^$*$(&%)*^_(*_)(*+()*)(*)&*(^*&a mp;%^$^%#^#&#$&%#$&%#$^%#&%*&^(*^)(*&_(*&()*+*+ (*)(&(*^*&%&E#%^)*&)

OHhhhhh cliff-hanger!! Don't you just hate those! Well I hoped you all liked this chapter and I will try to get the next one out soon! Please review ^-^.

~Firekitsune~