Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ It's so Easy to Love You ❯ It's so Easy to Love You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: It's so Easy to Love You
By: Dust2Dusk
Rating: PG
A/N: Well, this is our first fic... Yes, our. I am Dusk and my greasy little friend is Dust (kinda contradicts herself, don't she? Does that mean she's more like sludge? XD). This is an RP that we did... Damn, it was hard to put into story form, mostly 'cause we ish too lazy to do it that way at 3 AM when we RP... SO! It's up to me-- Dusk-- to do the hard work... great goin' Dust... Anywho, enjoy!

~*~

Hiro sighed as he flipped lazily through the channels. There was never anything good on on Sundays, Sundays were generally the most boring day of the week. Truthfully, though, that was just fine with the nationally renowned guitarist-since Sundays were normally his only days off. Boring, quiet, and quite relaxing. Most of Hiro’s Sundays were this way.

Unless, of course, his best friend decided to break down his door with tiny fists of fury.

“Hiro! Hiro!” were the desperate cries emanating through the front door. Wasting no time at all Hiroshi had jumped over the couch and flung the door open.

“What’s wrong, Shu-“ he didn’t get a chance to finish when Shindo Shuichi launched himself at Hiro, sending them both sprawling to the floor.

“Hiro! I did it! Hiro! I can’t believe it!” The exclamations themselves called for celebration, but the tone with which they were delivered told an entirely different story.

“Whoa Shuichi, calm down and tell me what it is you did.” Hiro was still stuck within the vice-like embrace and began to slowly ease out of it, saying, “Why don’t you sit down and tell me what happened.”

Nodding, Shuichi let go of Hiro and made his way towards the couch.

“I dumped Yuki.”

Hand on the doorknob, eyes wide and disbelieving, Hiro was paralyzed straight through to his very core. “You-you what?”

“I broke up with Yuki,” Shuichi all but whispered.

Hiro plopped down on the couch next to the overly quiet Shuichi, “Why?”

“I-I told him that it was because I was worried about the ups and downs our relationship what taking. I told him that they were completely ruining not only him, but the lives of others-that the stress we were causing was just gonna- just gonna-“Shuichi trailed off when the tears began to well up in his eyes. Hiro did what came naturally-he held Shuichi to him, giving him the comfort he needed to finish.

Burying his face in Hiro’s shoulder, Shuichi burst out, “I-I didn’t really leave Yuki because of any stress at all, Hiro! I left him because-because,” Shuichi lowered his voice to a mere whisper, “there’s someone else that I just can’t get out of my mind.”

Hiro immediately stiffened. He had lost Shuichi to Eiri Yuki once and already he had lost the young man to another. Taking a deep breath, Hiro gently pulled Shuichi from him and looked directly into his eyes, “Mind my asking who?”

Blushing, Shuichi’s mind ran amok, ‘What am I supposed to tell him? Hiro’s so damn straight you could use him as a leveler!’ So, Shuichi said the only thing that his defunct mind-to-mouth filter would let him: “I-it’s nobody you’d know, Hiro.” Truthfully, Shuichi was merely afraid of treading in unmapped waters-he wasn’t sure how Hiro would respond to an unexpected love confession.

Hiro ran his thumb over Shuichi’s wet cheek and gave a comforting smile, “Nobody I’d know, huh? Why don’t you tell me about them?”

‘That’s gotta be okay, right?’ the singer reasoned, ‘at least I might get some good advice.’

“Well, he’s,” Shuichi trailed off, blushing and turning his gaze to the ground-away from Hiro. “He’s- uhhmm, caring, he’s always been there for me whenever I need him. Heh,” Shuichi began to glow at this point, “even when I don’t realize that I need him, he’s right behind me-one-hundred percent of the time. And well, he’s always made sure to make other people’s happiness come before his own.” A giant smile spread across his boyish features, “He’s so selfless! Sometimes I just don’t know how to pay him back for everything that he’s done for me.” He began to grow quiet, “More than anything else, I want to make him happy, but-he’s so focused on others sometimes, that he doesn’t realize how much they might care for him. He can be oblivious, but that’s just one more thing that makes him, him.”

Shuichi smiled to himself, ‘There, that wasn’t too obvious or anything!’

The way Shuichi said all that, it really sounded like he was talking about a best friend figure-wasn’t he the best friend? But they had been over this before-Shuichi simply didn’t reciprocate his feelings. Damn, had this guy taken Shuichi’s heart and Hiro’s place as best friend? Hiro mentally winced, ‘Ouch.’ “He sounds like a really great guy. Maybe he’d understand if you told him.”

He is a great guy!” sobs once again wracked Shuichi’s small frame. “Hiro! What if he doesn’t understand? Then I’d lose him as a friend too! I want to, more than anything, just be able to make him happy, and if he stops being my friend-then I don’t know how I’d make him happy! I don’t want to scare him off or-or put him in one of those awkward positions if I tell him!”

Simply a natural reaction, second nature, really-Hiro took Shuichi into another embrace, pulling his head to rest in the crook of his neck and shoulder. The more Shuichi sobbed, the deeper the furrow between Hiro’s brows became. “This guy can’t be that great a friend if he treats you differently after that. Hell, how’s this sound: You tell him and if he doesn’t feel the same-I’ll just beat him into submission for you.” Just the thought of beating this guy to a bloody pulp brought a wicked grin to Hiro’s normally smooth features.

Shuichi calmed a bit at this statement, ‘Geeze, there he goes again! Caring more about how I feel than how he might get hurt if this guy actually fought back-or actually existed.’

Shaking his head, Shuichi continued, “Hiro, I don’t know what to say, to him I mean. I mean, how do you even start to tell someone how you feel? I know things between me and Yuki weren’t exactly normal, so I wanna do this right.” Shuichi’s breath stilled as he steadied himself for what he was to say next.

“Hiro, if someone was going to tell you how they felt about you,” here, Shuichi himself stilled, “how would you want them to do it?” Shuichi’s grip on Hiro suddenly tightened as Shuichi clung to his best friend, praying to whatever deity in Heaven that might have been listening, that Hiro would not catch on.

Still holding tight to Shuichi, Hiro put his index finger to his bottom lip in thought, “Well, I guess I’d just want it said straight out, I mean, there’s no sense in beating around the bush, right?” Hiro began to pet the back of Shuichi’s head soothingly.

“It’s gonna be alright. Hey, if this guy doesn’t return your feelings-you can stay here! Hell, even if he does you should still stay here! Man, don’t worry about it, it’ll all turn out, no matter what, okay?”

It was all too much for Shuichi, he was going to do it, he had to tell Hiro. He pulled away from he anchor, tears still streaming down his face, “H-Hiro, please don’t be too mad, okay? I-I can’t really help how I feel, but-“

DEEDLE-DEEDLE DEEDLE-DEEDLE

“Oh crap, I’m sorry, h-hold that thought, ‘kay? My mom’s been in the hospital and well, you know.”

Walking to the phone, Hiro answered, “Hello? Oh, hey there! Just fine, and you? That’s great, so what’s up? Uh-huh. Yeah. I-I’d love to! Great then! It’s a date! Uh-huh, I’ll see you then. Uh-huh, bye!” Hiro hung up the phone and sighed quietly. He just got the last thing he wanted at a moment like this: a date with Ayaka--bleh. Problem was, he was so used to covering everything up for Shuichi’s sake that, out of habit, he turned around and gave his best grin. “That was Ayaka-chan! We’re meeting for lunch next week.” Hiro began to sit back down, “So what were you saying?”

Unfortunately, Shuichi was completely unable to respond-not counting, of course, inside his own head, ‘How the HELL could I forget about AYAKA?! Hiro’s been head-over-heels for the ugly since they met!’ With that thought came his only verbal response: a whimper.

Almost immediately, Hiro plopped straight down. “Oh man! I’m so sorry! Talk about lousy timing. Well, if it makes you feel any better,” Hiro shrugged, “I planned on breaking up with her the next time we see each other.”

“But-but you’re always so happy when you’re around her! Why would you break up with her?”

Hiro sighed audibly, “I dunno, I’m just not as comfortable with her as I am with-other people. Y’know? Besides, you and Ayaka-chan aren’t the only ones stuck on someone else.”

Although Hiro had grown quieter and quieter with each passing word, Shuichi had heard everything-and was shaking like a leaf. “Yo-you’re kidding right? I-I mean-that’s great! I think. So, who’s the lucky girl?”

Even though his mouth was running a mile a minute, it seemed Shuichi’s thoughts decided to see if they could out run his mouth. ‘Wh-who is she?! I’ll kill ‘er! No, that wouldn’t be right-I’ll just send K after her!’ After that, Shuichi didn’t even need to force his smile-it kind of came with the thought.

With a shrug and a lop-sided smirk, Hiro re-directed the conversation, “Nuh-uh, we were talking about you love-life, remember? Don’t change the subject, Shu.”

Suddenly, Shindo Shuichi seemed to run out of words. Nevertheless, he began, “There’s no way I can tell him now, because-“ he scotched to the opposite side of the couch, “because now I know that he has feelings for someone else, even though he’s meeting with his girlfriend for lunch soon enough.” And, with that out of the way, Shuichi wasn’t about to attempt any sort of eye contact.

As Hiro processed all of this information he began to nod as though he understood-and then, he finally did. “Wh-what?”

Hiro’s mind raced, ‘No way, no way, no way my luck is that good! He definitely doesn’t mean that-‘

“Well, maybe you should tell him anyway, I mean, you never know who that ‘someone else’ is,” Hiro ventured, staring unblinkingly at the floor.

Once again scared witless, Shuichi began to cru once more, this time, a little more calmly, “You’re so stupid Hiro. I’ve said everything I can without actually saying your name,” but it was just a matter of time before his cries became more frantic, “and you’re still clueless! I-I’m in love with you damn-it!”

Still no lifting his eyes from the ground, all Hiro said was: “That’s what I thought.” Silently he rose, walked to his room, and shut the door behind him.

Shaking and still weeping, Shuichi brushed the wet bangs from his eyes and-made a bee-line for the bathroom. After all that, his stomach had been completely turned inside out and there was an entire almond-fried chicken lunch special that was screaming to be let out.

Inside Hiroshi’s room though, the guitarist had a phone-call to finish up. “Yeah, I’m sorry, Ayaka-san. Yes, he really means that much to me. Yeah, we’re still on for lunch, thank you for understanding though. Mm-hmm, good bye.”

After hanging up the phone, Hiro wasted no time in heading straight for the bathroom. He didn’t even bother to knock-he could hear Shuichi puking from the hallway. Taking a washcloth from the towel rack, Hiro ran it under cold water and went to squat down behind Shuichi, holding his bangs back until his stomach decided that there was simply nothing left to reject. When Shuichi sat back on his heels Hiro flushed the toilet, pulled the quivering boy back to him and into a tight embrace. Hiro grabbed a wad of toilet paper and used it to wipe Shuichi’s mouth, promptly there after placing the cold compress to his forehead. He began to whisper softly, “Shh, it’s all going to be okay, Shu. There’s no more Usami-san and there is definitely no one but you. So, shh, calm down.” As if to solidify his declaration, Hiro gently kissed Shuichi’s temple.

The thing was, Shuichi had been crying and heaving a little too long and he was solely focused on trying to breathe through his convulsing diaphragm. So understandably, Shuichi didn’t quite register exactly what Hiro had said. Through his hiccupping breaths, Shu asked, “Wha-hic-at?”

Hiro smiled, “I just got off the phone with Usami-san. I couldn’t very well wait until next week to break up with her, now could I?’

Another soft, reassuring kiss and Hiro tightened his embrace.

Shuichi whirled around to bury his face in the crook of Hiro’s neck, but not before yelling at him properly. “H-Hiro, you’re such a jerk!” You know, for making him worry.


Pulling back to stare incredulously at the top of Shuichi’s vibrantly colored head, Hiro stammered, “Wh-whaddaya mean?!”

"You scared the fuck out of me, Hiro!" Shuichi screamed through his tears. "You could have told me before I started to get upset!"

Looking to the ceiling, Hiro considered Shuichi's words, "Hmmm, I guess you're right-- I hadn't thought of that." A low chuckle gently rocked Shuichi and Hiro rubbed the back of his neck, "Heh, I guess I kind of have a one track mind, huh?"

Feeling Hiro laugh brought coherent thought back to Shuichi's brain-- well, as much as could be expected from said singer. The fact that Hiro was laughing meant everything was going to be okay, right? Immediately his hiccupping gasps subsided, a small smile made it's way across his face, and he lifted his suddenly lighter body so that he could lay a gently kiss on Hiro's lips. "Hiro, don't you know by now that that's my job?"

A giant grin greeted Shuichi, "You mean the one track mind thing? Yeah, I know." Laying a soft kiss on Shuichi's cheek, Hiro continued, "Were you trying to prove your point by kissing me on the lips without brushing your teeth first? I mean, you did just puke-- what I'm assuming was-- an entire meal." Hiro sighed playfully, "When will you learn? Heh, at least you didn't try to sneak any tongue in that, neh?"

Shuichi smacked his hand over his mouth and his cheeks went bright red, "I'm-uh s-er-- d-do you have a-a toothbrush?"

Hiro downright laughed, "Yeah, just use mine, I'll buy new ones later today. You okay with that, Shu?"

Shuichi gave a sly grin, "Thanks-- my selfless Hiro saves the day again."

It was Hiro's turn to change to a nice cherry-red shade, "Yeah, about that, y'know you kinda went completely overboard with your description and all-- seriously."

Leaning in, Shuichi gently caressed Hiro's cheeks where they had turned the charming red color, "Y'know Hiro, I don't think I did. The truth is, you are always there for me. You always have been."

Shuichi was practically glowing as he confessed-- this only caused Hiro to blush harder. "Uh, thanks-- I think." Feeling a tad bit uncomfortable with the way the conversation had turned. Hiro stood up, offering a hand to Shuichi-- who gladly took it.

"Oh, and Shu? I'll always be there for you, no matter what, okay?"

Shuichi grinned sheepishly, "Yo-you mean even if-if I-- need a second dinner and a place to stay?"

Affectionately, Hiro ruffled Shuichi's hair and smiled brightly, "Yeah, even then. Now brush up, I wanna kiss that silly little grin off a' you." Hiro leaned down to kiss Shuichi's cheek and then turned to grab the toothbrush and toothpaste. After handing them to Shuichi he exited the bathroom, grinning like a madman.

Shuichi blushed, but quickly brushed his teeth-- twice-- and practically skipped out of the bathroom to the living room where Hiro waited with open arms and a warm smile. Sometimes, something that comes so naturally-- a second nature-- is the best something in the world.

~*~

A/N: Dusk: So, what'd you think??!! Please tell us... especially if someone was OOC-- we need to know stuff like that!!

Dust: Yeah! ::Currently scratching her gut and poking Dusk so that she'll flip her over-- she's getting bedsores... -_-V::

Dusk: Well, yes... Ahem, anyway, please review and... encourage my friend Dust to... do something!! She needs motivation... BADLY!

Have a cookie... fresh baked if you review...
Uber stale and months old if you don't! <3