Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Never Again ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiro sat on the edge of hid bed playing his acoustic guitar. He started to play a few bars from Rage Beat. He suddenly her a knock at the door. Hiro set his guitar on his bed and got up. He took a glance out his window and noticed how badly it was storming out.
/ Yuki wouldn't throw him out in this weather…..would he? /
Hiro opened the door expecting to see the pink haired singer, but instead saw a young girl.
“Hiro.” She said falling into him.
Hiro carried her inside and laid her down on his bed. He quickly grabbed a towel and propped her up a bit, “Hey, wake up.” He said shaking her lightly.
The girls eyes fluttered open revealing two big emerald eyes. She looked up at Hiro, “Hiro.” She said weakly. “I'm so glad I remembered where you lived.” The girl said.
Hiro's eyes got wide. He knew who she was. Her name was Amika. She was like a sister to Hiro in school. He always looked out for her and was there when she needed someone most. Hiro pulled her into an embrace. Amika cried into his shoulder.
Hiro pulled her back to look at her, “What happened?” he asked.
Amika looked up at him, “Takaru….he…” she finish. She cried even more.
Hiro knew who she was talking about. He was the biggest jerk in the world. He would always go to parties and got drunk. When he did get drunk, he was dangerous. At graduation he asked Amika out. Hiro told her it wasn't a good idea but she didn't listen.
Hiro pulled Amika back into his arms and placed his head on top of hers with mad eyes.
 
He's drunk again, it's time to fight
She must have done something wrong tonight
The living room becomes a boxing ring
It's time to run when you see him
Clenching his hands
She's just a woman
Never Again

I hear her scream, from down the hall
Amazing she can even talk at all
She cries to me, Go back to bed
I'm terrified that she'll wind up
Dead in his hands, She's just a woman
Never Again
 
“What did he do to you?” he asked her once again pulling her away.
“Amika pulled up her sweat shirt sleeve reveling bruises. Her wrist had bruises around them. She also rolled up her pants a bit showing even more bruises.
“Oh my god.” He said shocked. Hiro looked at her, “You are freezing. Why don't you go into the bathroom and run some hot water. Get in and warm up.” he said.
Amika got up slowly and walked over to the bathroom. She shut the door behind her. She peeled off her wet clothes and turned on the hot water.
Hiro was pissed. He knew this guy was bad news. He opened a cabinet that held phone books. He searched for Takaru's number and address.
 
Been there before, but not like this
Seen it before, but not like this
Never before have I ever
Seen it this bad
She's just a woman
Never Again
 
Hiro found Takaru`s address. He wrote it down on a piece of paper and slipped it into his pocket. He walked over by the bathroom door, “Amika, will you be okay here by yourself?” he asked through the door.
“Yeah. I'll be okay.” she said.
“I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back soon.” Hiro said.
He walked over to his closet and grabbed a jacket. HE slipped it on and went outside to his bike. He ripped to cover off of it and got on. He totally ignored the rain. He started it up. Hiro took off down the road.
At a red light, he took out the slip of paper from his pocket and stole a quick glance at it. He narrowed his eyes. The light turned green and he took off letting the paper fly out of his hand.
 
Just tell the nurse, you slipped and fell
It starts to sting as it starts to swell
She looks at you, she wants the truth
It's right out there in the waiting room with those hands
Lookin' just as sweet as he can
Never again
 
Been there before, but not like this
Seen it before, but not like this
Never before have I ever
Seen it this bad
She's just a woman
Never Again
 
Hiro pulled up into the concrete drive way and turned his bike off. He put the kickstand down and walked up to the door. He rang the doorbell. No one answered. He rang it again and heard someone coming down the stairs.
The locks unlocked and the door opened reveling a very drunk Takaru. Hiro looked at him with narrowed eyes.
“Are you Takaru?” he asked in an angry voice.
“Yes, and who are you?' he asked in a slurring voice.
Hiro didn't answer and grabbed Takaru by the collar and gave him the most frightening death glare, “Haven't you ever heard don't hit a lady?” he asked punching Takaru.
Father's a name you haven't earned yet
You're just a child with a temper
Haven't you heard "Don't hit a lady"?
Kickin' your ass would be a pleasure
 
Takaru fell to the ground with a thud and looked up at Hiro with a scared look on his face, “ I don't know what you are talking about.” He said backing up as Hiro came closer to him.
Hiro picked him up again and brought Takaru to his level, “You know damn well what I'm talking about. You hurt Amika.”
Hiro punched him again harder. He looked down at the bleeding man, “If you ever hurt Amika again, I will come back for another visit.” Hiro said.
After about a week, Amika was back at Takaru's place. He was out again at another party. Amika was dreading his arrival at home.
Amika sat watching T.V when she heard a car pull up. She also heard one of Takaru's drunk friends saying goodbye. Amika got up and opened the door for Takaru. She saw him standing in front of the door. She went to hug him when he pushed her on the ground. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes.
He grabbed her wrist and made her stand up. He squeezed her wrist tight.
Amika tried to pull away, “Takaru stop! That hurts.” She said in a shaky voice.
“I'm not gonna let you get away this time.” Takaru said tightening his hold on Amika.
She pulled her knee up hitting him in the groin. She ran up stairs and grabbed the phone. She dialed Hiro's number.
“Hello?” he asked.
“Hiro… get over here.” Amika said.
She hung up the phone. She heard a drunk voice call her name. Takaru was coming up the stairs. She ran to the bedroom closet and searched for a gun. He was coming closer. She found a gun and turned around to see Takaru standing in the doorway.
“Don't come near me.” Amika warned.
He took another threatening step towards her, “You think that gun scares me. You wouldn't shoot me.” he said inching towards her.
“I'm warning you Takaru!” she yelled.
She then heard a motorcycle pull up. Takaru turned around to look behind him and then back at Amika.
He dove for her and she pulled the trigger.
 
He's drunk again, it's time to fight
Same old shit, just on a different night
She grabs the gun, she's had enough
Tonight she'll find out how fucking
Tough is this man
Pulls the trigger as fast as she can
Never Again
 
Hiro heard the gun shot and rammed into the door harder this time knocking it down. He ran up stairs to see Amika crying and Takaru laying dead on the floor. Amika looked up at Hiro, “I had to.” she cried.
Hiro walked up to her and pulled her up. He held her tightly in his arms. They both heard sirens and saw flashing lights through the window.
 
Seen it before, but not like this
Been there before, but not like this
Never before have I ever
Seen it this bad
She's just a woman
Never Again