Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ On Sick Leave ❯ On Sick Leave ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gravitation and these cute boys. They all belong to MAKI MURAKAMI. Go worship her now!

Author's Note: I'm writing this to take a break from my other Gravitation fanfic "Guilty Conscience". Alternative pairings are so hard to write. Sappy and fun stuff just came easier comparatively speaking. I'm better at writing those anyway. ^_^ Big thanks goes to Sabrinne, Eike and Chibi-Panda for being my beta-readers!

On Sick Leave

*****

"AH--CHOO!" It has been what … the thirteenth time already since Yuki woke up in the morning? Shuichi had almost lost count.

"Yuki, I'm positive that you have caught a cold. That's what you get for falling asleep in front of the laptop without a blanket!"

"Shut up, kid! I know I'm perfectly fine! Mind your own business!" Yuki wasn't any nicer when he was ill. In fact, he seemed snappier than usual.

"No you're not okay. I just know it!" said Shuichi when he leaned closer and touched Yuki's forehead with his own. Yuki quickly turned his head aside, groaning.

"I said leave me alone! Aren't you supposed to leave for work already? K's going to kill you if you're late for the recordings again!" Yuki retorted with a crooked voice, he felt a burning pain in the throat when he spoke.

"Just what I thought, Yuki! Your body temperature is really high!" Shuichi pondered for a moment. "Okay I'm not going to work today. I'm gonna take care of you while you're sick!"

Yuki was speechless for one moment. Shuichi skipping work just to take care of him? Is that kid even capable of attending to sick people with his unbelievable clumsiness? "I don't need anybody to take care of me, especially not you, brat. Hurry up and leave, and give me some peace of mind already!"

Shuichi paid absolutely no attention to the writer. He knew that in Yuki's language, what he just said meant something along the lines of "I don't want you to miss work because of me, so I'll take care of myself." Gee, he needed a decoder handy whenever he was having a conversation with Yuki, seriously.

Shuichi went to fetch a thermometer when he phoned in to demand a day off from his manager on the cordless phone. Yuki could hear numerous gunshots in the background even from a distance. He was glad that he wasn't on spot with the American right now. K would definitely kill him for causing Shuichi to miss work again.

"Okay, so everything's settled now! Now Yuki, you go to bed and rest immediately!" Shuichi tried to act all-important, like a nurse treating her patient. He tried to lift Yuki up gently from the chair.

Yuki shrugged off the offending hands and glared at Shuichi. No one had ever taken care of him when he was ill in the past, not even when he was young. So why should he start now? Yuki tried to stand up on his own, but he suddenly felt a sense of dizziness coming over him. He sat back to the chair.

"Now … be a good boy and let me help you to your bed." Shuichi offered his hands to Yuki again. Feeling extremely light headed, Yuki gave up struggling and rested his arms on Shuichi's shoulder. It felt extremely nice to lean on Shuichi's cool skin, a contrast to his extremely hot body. Yuki savored the sweet taste of Shuichi's presence around him. He felt a little better already.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea for Shuichi to take care of him after all.

*****

Yuki sank into the bed and buried his blond head into the pillows. He definitely felt very weak after moving the short distance from the living room to the bedroom. He was also very thirsty. Where the hell did Shuichi wander off to?

Yuki heard various explosions coming from the direction of kitchen and Shuichi's loud whine. He sighed. He was willing to bet that no talent kid would set his house on fire one day.

Shuichi finally appeared again, with a food tray and some medicine. Yuki eyed the sticky liquid inside the bowl suspiciously.

"Is my kitchen still in one piece?" Yuki questioned the pink-haired boy with a rising eyebrow. "What's THAT? There's no way I will drink that thing you made. Are you going to poison me?"

"You're mean, Yuki! I made this Shuichi Special Homemade Chicken Soup â"¢ just for you! Besides, your kitchen is totally fine. You know, I only burned a hole at the bottom of the metal pot and break three pairs of chopsticks …"

Shuichi continued. "Now drink this, it will make you better!" Damn the kid was pleading him with his cute puppy look again.

Yuki knew that he could never resist Shuichi's words, especially not when he was this sick anyway. He flung his hands in front of the singer. "Now give me the soup, so I could have it to get over with."

"Umm … I'm gonna feed you since you must be too exhausted. Say `ah'!"

Yuki turned his head to the other side, ignoring Shuichi. There was no way that he would let himself be fed like a baby. This was too embarrassing.

"Now … now Yuki-chan, do what I say or I'm going to feed you by force - mouth to mouth no less! You know you're too weak to resist me!" Yuki realized that Shuichi was enjoying every minute of this. Realizing that it was no use to defy further, Yuki opened his mouth reluctantly.

Yuki almost swallowed the whole spoon to vent his frustration. Choking, he glared at Shuichi. "Why is it so SWEET? Isn't it supposed to be chicken soup?"

"Oh no! I mixed up salt with sugar!"

Not again, thought Yuki dejectedly.

*****

Finally Yuki managed to get something decent to eat after a lot of hassles. He was getting worse thanks to Shuichi's meddling. He didn't want to think anymore, all he wanted to do was just sleep through the whole day. His body hurt in too many places to count.

He heard the sound of Shuichi moving around in the room again. Yuki was too tired to open his eyes to even look what Shuichi had been up to. Suddenly there was a light tap on his arms. With difficulty, Yuki opened his golden eyes to look at Shuichi, but his glance had lost its usual sharpness and alertness.

Shuichi whispered into Yuki's ears. "I'm going to take your body temperature, Yuki. It will only take a minute." Even during his drowsiness, Yuki could tell that Shuichi was smirking.

What is he up to this time? Unwillingly, Yuki opened his mouth slightly waiting for the thermometer to be tucked in. He always hated the feeling of something being forced under his tongue.

"No, Yuki … sorry to tell you this but this thing goes in the BOTTOM." Yuki knew now why Shuichi was smirking. "Let me help you with it."

Yuki felt his patience being tested to its limit. He sat up on the bed and roared. "Now give me the damn thing and go away! I'll do it myself!"

Too bad, thought Shuichi. He would've paid to witness Yuki's rare embarrassing moment. Well, Yuki was so cute when he was mad, though.

*****

Yuki was unquestionably very sick now. He moved around the bed trying to reposition himself in a more comfortable position, but it was useless. He was sweating heavily too. He moaned as he sensed a cool towel placing on top of his forehead.

He also recognized subconsciously that Shuichi was changing his sweaty shirt and pants with some new clothing. So that brat did know how to take care of a patient, and that was his last thoughts when Yuki drifted to dreamland.

When Yuki woke up again, the sun had already set. Yuki walked to the nearby washroom alone, passing by a full-length mirror on the way. Who was that weird person, Yuki wondered curiously. It took him several moments to realize that person was HIMSELF. But why was he dressed like that?

Yuki blinked in disbelief. Yuki Eiri, the coolest and handsomest romance author in Japan, was dressed in an animal outfit. His baggy pants had yellow and black stripes all over them, while his skintight shirt was decorated with the furry wool of the same color. He even had a matching hat with two cat-like ears flopping on the side. But the worst part was … was the long, puffy tail behind him. All in all, he looked like a tiger in disguise. He felt like suffocating Shuichi with the tail.

"SHUICHI!!!"

The pink-haired boy came running towards him out of nowhere. He giggled when he saw the murderous yet incredulous expression on the writer. "But … I couldn't … resist … you look so cute when you're unconscious … you were blushing furiously during your sleep, did you know that? So I pulled this out … out of the presents that my fans gave me … and dressed you up … I'll say that it looks better on you than me …"

His words were sealed by Yuki's lips. He tried to escape, exclaiming, "but what about … the cold?

"To hell with that! You must be punished!" Yuki kissed Shuichi in a not-entirely gentle way. "Besides, since you're an idiot you won't catch a cold at all, so don't worry …"

Shuichi didn't hear what Yuki had said anymore …

*****

"AH-CHOO!" Shuichi had sneezed the twentieth time on that following morning.

"Congratulations, Shuichi. Now you've proven that you're not an idiot." Yuki said in a sarcastic tone. He was mostly recovered from his cold.

"Now I guess it's my turn to look after you. Look forward to it." Yuki smirked.

~END~