Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Parents! ❯ Dinner time chat ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yuki walked in his apartment door with dinner for him, Shuichi and their 13 year old daughter Serika. He entered the living room to the most beautiful sight. Shuichi and Serika were sleeping soundly on the couch together. He smiled a little and set the bags of take-out on the counter. He walked over to the couch and kissed Serika on the temple and Shuichi on the lips.
Shuichi's eyes opened and he smiled. Serika on the other hand didn't wake up. Yuki was about to gently shake her awake but Shuichi stopped him. Shuichi got a smirk on his face and started to tickle Serika.
“Dad…..*laugh* stop…..*tries to take breath*….I'm awake…..*laughs and tries to breathe*….stop!” Serika cried.
Shuichi stopped and looked at his daughters smiling face, “Dinners here.” he said.
Serika jumped up and hugged Yuki, “Thanks dad!” she said squeezing tighter. She let go of him and ran over to the take-out bags, “Oh yay! FOOD!” she yelled happily grabbing her box of noodles.
“That girl could eat everything in our kitchen and never get any heavier.” Yuki said.
They three got their food and went back into the living room. Serika sat on the floor facing Yuki and Shuichi while they sat on the couch.
Yuki sat eating while listening to Shuichi and Serika talk about random things. Yuki thought back to when they first went to the adoption center.
 
Flashback
 
“What kind of child are you looking for?” Ms. Ortega asked.
“Well, we don't really know. We were sort of hoping we could talk to some of the children.” Shuichi said.
“Okay. The children are all outside. Follow me please.” Ms. Ortega said leading them out the door.
They three walked outside. There were so many children. Some were older and some were younger. Shuichi ran off to a group of kids playing jump rope. Yuki scanned the area to see a young girl by herself. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair that was silky and straight. Her eyes were a light lavender color that was encased by a pair of glasses. Her skin tone was perfect. It was tan but not to dark, but on the other hand, not to light.
Yuki looked at the title and noticed it was his book `Cool'. He smiled a bit. He was about to approach her when he saw four boys walk up to her.
“Hey Serika. Why do you always read?” one boy said in a teasing voice.
“I don't have time for this right now. I really wanna finish this.” she said.
Yuki could see that she was trying her hardest to ignore them.
“Aww…does Serika wanna read her little book?” another boy said mockingly.
Yuki narrowed his eyes and walked up to the boys, “I believe she asked you to go.” he said giving the boys a death glare.
“Yes sir.” they said running off.
Serika looked up from her book, “Thanks a….lot….” she drifted off when she saw who was standing in front of her. She launched up out of her seat and grabbed on to Yuki, “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! I love your work!” she said looking up at him. She blushed and let go of him promptly, “I'm sorry.” she said in a sheepish voice.
“It's okay.” he said coolly.
Serika looked around behind him, “Hey…if you don't mind me asking, where's Mr. Shindo?” she asked looking up at him.
Yuki looked behind him and saw him tangled up in a jump rope. He rolled his eyes, “Umm…..I left him at home.” he said.
Serika looked at where Yuki was looking and started laughing. Yuki looked back at her. Her laugh sounded so cute.
Shuichi got out of the rope and saw his blonde haired lover talking to a young girl. He looked back at the kids, “If you'll excuse me.” Shuichi said bowing towards the kids. He walked over to Yuki and the young girl. The pink haired singer bent down to the girls height, “Hello, what's your name?” he asked with a big smile on his face.
“Serika.” she said.
Shuichi stood up and looked at Yuki, “I see you've made a new friend.” he said.
“Yeah yeah.” he said. Yuki looked at Shuichi, “can I talk to you for a minute?”
“Yeah.” Shuichi said happily. Shuichi and Yuki walked over to a near by tree. Shuichi looked happily at his lover, “What did you need?” he asked.
“That girl, I like her.” Yuki said looking at the young girl who went back to work on the book.
“Should we adopt her?” Shuichi asked looking over at her.
She noticed and waved with the biggest smile on her face.
“Yeah.” Yuki said.
 
End of flashback
 
Now, his little six year old was15. She looked at Yuki and waved a hand in front of his face, “Yo, dad, come back to earth.” she said.
“Oh right. I must just be tired.” he answered taking another bite of his food.
“Oh. I was gonna ask you if I could hang out with Ryu, Tatshua, and Noriko tomorrow.” she said.
“I don't have a problem with that.” Shuichi said.
“And then, after that some of my friends asked me to go to a party.”
“Do we know these friends?” Yuki asked raising an eyebrow.
“Well, no, not yet anyways.” Serika said sheepishly.
“Then no.” Shuichi said.
“What? Why not?!” she yelled.
“Because Serika, we don't know these people. We don't know where the party is, we don't know how you're getting there. We don't know anything.” Yuki said not wanting to argue.
“That's bullshit!” Serika yelled.
“Watch your mouth Serika.” Shuichi warned.
“Well it is!”
“Who's gonna be there?” Yuki asked.
“Just some of my friends from school.” Serika answered.
“Where is the party at?” Shuichi asked.
“Do you remember Takashi?” Serika asked.
“Yeah.”
“His house.” Serika asked.
“How are you getting there?” Shuichi said.
“Takashi's bro is picking everyone up.” Serika said.
“I guess you can go.” Yuki said. “But, Let's lay down some rules. Smoking: No, Drinking: You pay the price if you do, Sex: Use protection. Got it?” Yuki said.
“Yeah yeah. I got it.” Serika said.
“What time does it start tomorrow?” Shuichi asked.
“7:30” Serika answered with a mouthful of noodles.