Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Pistol Whipped ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Pistol Whipped

Author: Shiori (kyoko@time-stranger.net)

Rating: PG (to be scaled up as it progresses)

Genre: Romance / Slight Humor

Intended Pairing: Aiming for K/Judy with a bit of Ark+K/Judy & Ark+Judy/K

Disclaimer: I do not own Gravitation, Maki Murakami is the lovely lady who has that pleasure. Lyrics featured in this story are from the Nitzer Ebb track "Trigger Happy" … I think it goes without saying that such a song represents Mrs Winchester quite well. This is the second chapter in an ongoing saga that deals with a very neglected Gravi-relationship (between a canon couple no less *_*). Fear it. Comments are always appreciated, by the way!

Summary: Judy the starlet is sick of being neglected by her husband in favor of BAD LUCK, so she begins a campaign of attention-seeking behavior. Sparks fly, buildings collapse and anyone who gets in the way of an angry Winchester had better beware.

----

I'm looking around

but there's no-one I'd like to know

then I see her

yeah I think those looks would kill

maybe she won't

but then again maybe she will

----

Fujisaki Suguru's expression melted from mild annoyance to full-blown fuming rage, these people... I work with. He pinched the bridge of his nose and forced a breath out

"This is the twenty seventh time we've tried that one and it's just not working!" His wild young eyes darted around the room, glancing over several raised eyebrows and one possible nervous breakdown

"Why don't any of you listen to me??" He spat. The room was heavy with silence for there were many possible answers that could be given to such a question, though the most popular choice running through the room's collective inhabitants was "Because you, Suguru, are an idiot.", however three of the four in the room hadn't exactly got the courage to say this to the fiery teenager's face and the fourth was busy checking the chamber of his gun for amunition. Faced with a response of nothing but silence, Suguru pulled an obscene face and started shuffling his sheets of music in order and scooping various scraps of paper off the top of his keyboard.

"So you're just taking off now?" Shuuichi broke the silence with a deafening roar. Suguru looked over at the screechy singer whose mop of pink hair was carelessly arranged on his head and shrugged.

"Well you aren't listening to me, and on top of that we've been working late for weeks! I'm usually quite tolerant of circumstances like this, but I don't think we are going to work out this last arrangement unless our heads are clear." Truthfully Suguru just wanted out for a few hours - just a few simple hours away from possibly the most frustrating group of people he'd ever encountered in his life, though saying this out loud would probably earn him a few shots to the head from a rather surly-looking K so he masked his true disgust at the idea of sharing breathing space with his fellow band members with the usual "You aren't listening to me!!" wail, which tended to work in stressful situations such as the currently unfolding saga.

"I think Suguru has a point, maybe some fresh air and a meal that doesn't come pre-packaged would be in order." Muttered Hiroshi who hadn't been able to wrap his head around much all day after pulling another all night conversation with Ayaka, his eyes noticeably weighed down with lack of sleep. A collective sigh swept over the room, it was blindingly obvious that they were all tired, irritated and miserable - completely incapable of writing or performing anything; Suguru's outburst had simply confirmed their combined feelings.

"Fine, two days leave then you're all back in here... or else." K swept a blonde lock over his shoulder and cocked his pistol; Bad Luck nodded and began packing up their equipment with a hint of glee. While outwardly he would never display it, inside K was just as tired and miserable as the rest of the band and its crew. They'd been locked away for too long preparing for the next album release and to top it all off Sakano had lost K's last packet of imported cigarettes so the manager's temper had been slowly climbing towards boiling point ever since. K glanced down at his watch; it was nearing seven in the evening, most other married men would be considering returning to their home at such an hour but K was unlike most other men and he knew it. No, instead of sitting around the house in icy silence with the woman he'd married he would do his usual and head out to a bar.

"K-san, are you listening?" Sakano waved a nervous hand in front of the foreigner's face it was only then that K realized he'd been drifting in thought for several minutes and promptly returned himself to reality. The boys had packed up and left while he'd been thinking, and now only he and the neurotic producer remained in the sparsely lit room, the latter fumbling to push his glasses up.

"What?"

"I said 'Have a nice break, and don't forget to lock up when you leave.' " Came Sakano's reply as he clutched a briefcase into his left hand and made tracks for the door.

"Hmm, sure." K murmured unenthusiastically as Sakano scampered towards the door with all the speed and grace of a creature possessed. He slammed it shut behind himself and tore off down the hallway, leaving K alone in the sparsely lit room. K returned his pistol to its holster with an automatic grace and smiled.

Silence.

"I need a drink."

----

Mrs Judy Winchester sat with her back slumped, legs folded and seatbelt crossed over her chest. She looked around her limousine with disinterest; the black leather interior stared back with an empty shine. This was everything she'd ever wanted, the limousine and the fame and fortune that came with it. Even as a girl growing up she'd dreamed of being a star, it wasn't a spur of the moment aspiration inspired by a talk show and a secret crush on a giant celebrity. No, it was everything she'd worked for and had aimed for, it was a dream come true. She chewed angrily on the inside of her cheek. Or was it.

"Ark, drive faster!" She pounded a dainty gloved fist on the glass that separated her from her dark-haired guard, face screwed into a bitter glare. Ark peeked around from behind the head rest and nodded obediently, pressing down on the car's accelerator and allowing its speed to jolt higher. Judy sat back against the seat and prayed for alcohol, though she knew there wasn't any left in the car, after all she was the one who had drunk the last bottle of bubbly after a premiere a fortnight ago.

Alcohol.

She laughed.

One of her many vices. The other three that were usually commented on by gossip columnists were her smoking, her temper and her apparent firearm fetish. She laughed again, reaching a gloved hand to cover her perfect lips and mask the chuckle. These vices weren't hers exclusively like the columnists claimed they were, in fact her husband shared all of them. The guns, the rage, the addictive substances. She'd never expected to find someone like him so God damn attractive, he was just like her only...

"We're here, Judy-sama." Ark's voice shattered his mistresses' thoughts. The starlet sat up with a start and peered out of a tinted window at the sign that read 'N-G Records', feeling inside her fur-rimmed coat's pocket haphazardly her hand came to rest on a familiar cold barrel. Bringing the pistol out of her pocket and reaching for the door she allowed a smile to manifest itself on her lips

"Yes, we are Ark. Lets put this plan into action, shall we?"

----

Judy's Extra-Special Husband-Winning-Plan: In Progress.