Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Past ❯ Meeting the DJ ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: OK, listen, I don't own gravitation, in fact, I don't even own any pocket change. Go ahead and try to sue me, you ain't getting, nothin' out of it.

 

A/N- Bad Luck has hired a remix DJ to work on their songs, This mysterious character has some deep, dark secrets along with an even darker past, what happens when her past catches up to her, can anyone help her through?

 

"in Japanese"

<in English>

 

Chapter One:

Meeting Grim

 

Shuichi practically skipped down the halls of the NG-building, kicking the door in as he arrived at the studio, for once in his life, on time.

 

"Hi everyone!" he yelled as the shock of his timing began to fade from the faces of the room's occupants. Hiro was tightening the strings on his guitar, Suguru was at his keyboard, Sakano had fainted from the shock of Shu's entrance, and K was relaxed and leaning against a wall.

 

Shuichi ran up to K, speaking in an excited voice, "Is it true? Did you really get someone to make underground club remixes of our songs?!"

 

Shu was jumping up and down excitedly. K nodded, "Yeah, the DJ I hired is someone I know. She's American, but she speaks Japanese, you'll meet her in about," K checked his watch, "45 seconds. She's never late if she for a job, unless it's an emergency. And if you're worried about her skills, don't sweat it, I garantee she's the best there is."

 

As Shuichi opened his mouth to say something, the door slowly opened to reveal a person no one had seen before, it was a girl, but you had to look closely to tell.

 

The stranger had copper colored skin and eyes so dark brown they were almost black. She wore a baggy, black sweater that hung to her knees and covered her hands, she also wore very baggy denim pants that nearly covered her black shoes. Her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail at the nape of her neck and was gelled down, making it shiny.

 

What Shuichi first noticed though was her expression, her face was blank, completely emotionless, her eyes held no clue as to what she was thinking, her feelings completely closed off from her surroundings.

 

She walked into the room as everyone stared at her, she gave a small bow, nodding to K.

 

Turning to everyone in the room, K gave a huge grin, "This is your new DJ, feel free to introduce yourselves!" Shuichi walked in front of the girl and looked into her face, "Hi, I'm Shuichi! Over there is Hiro and at the keyboard is Suguru!"

 

Sakano, who had regained conciousness also walked over to the newcomer, "I'm Sakano, you can ask me if you have any questions, alright?" The girl nodded and spoke for the first time, "You can call me Grim."

 

Hiro and Shuichi both nodded in approval at her perfect Japanese, though the name was a bit odd, her voice was slightly deep and smooth, better than the high-pitched screeching they were used to.

 

Grim turned to K, "Where do you want me to work?" he pointed towards one side of the sound-room where a sound table thingy (A/N- I don't know what those things are called!) sat, fully equipped with a keyboard, turntables, and lots of dials, switches and buttons.

 

Grim nodded then turned to Shu, "I need some demo's of the songs that you want me to remix." Suguru, who had prepared in advance, pulled out the demo CDs and Shu gave them to Grim.

 

She accepted them and walked over to her work station, she placed one of the CDs inside a boombox set into the table and played it.

 

Everyone watched in fascination as she closed her eyes, concentrating on the music as it resonated through the room, after a few moments she began to tap her fingers against the edge of her table.

 

Suddenly, placing the sound table's earphones over her head so that only she could hear it, she started the song over, her hands flying over the sound system laid out before her.

 

K grinned as he saw everyone's awe-struck faces as they watched Grim working so fast it was hard to follow, her eyes were still closed as she adjusted the rhythm to suit the music she heard and, as fast as it had started, the song she was listening to came to an end.

 

Grim stopped the CD and continued to work on her piece of music, adding and taking away from it, inserting lyrics in just the right place.

 

After a good twenty minutes of watching the girl work on the song, she stopped her hands and opened her eyes, her face as expressionless as ever.

 

Pulling out the headphones so that everyone could hear the sound from the table, she played what she had just worked on.

 

Slamming beats blasted forth from the speakers, in moments, the beats became a steady rhythm as everyone recognized one of their songs, Shu's voice could be heard every now and then, meshing perfectly with the slamming of the beats and the sound of an electric guitar in the backgroung copied Hiro's part perfectly.

 

It took all of Shuichi's and Hiro's concentration not to start dancing to the deafening song pounding through the room right then.

 

This was the kind of music only found in underground dance clubs.

 

……………………….

 

A/N- sorry, the first chapter is kind of boring, I'll make it more interesting in the next one! I just needed to get everyone introduced. I'll update as quickly as I can! Please review so I at least know people are interested in the story!

 

Preview for next Chapter!- Yuki get s to meet his favorite author (yes, you heard right!) and why did Grim suddenly collapse in the middle of a session? Tune in next chapter to find out!