Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Twenty Questions ❯ The First Date ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A First Date

Disclaimer. Right. I own nothing. I have nothing to do with owning Gravitation. If I did it would be longer, with more Yuki scenes.

How do I get myself into these messes? Oh yeah, I remember. I helped Shuichi get rid of Tatsuha, only to end up on a date with Suguru. Exactly what I was hoping to get out of by telling him to play matchmaker with Tatsuha and Ryuichi. Hiro thought as he threw a glare at Shuichi's back.

"Calm down Hiro. If we survive this 'date' of his, he may just give up." Suguru patted Hiro's shoulder sympathetically.

"Don't call it that. Why'd we have to come? I thought he just wanted to get Tatsuha off his back, and get some company while he was at it." As much as Hiro loved Shuichi, he wasn't about to approve to having matchmaker played on himself.

Suguru struggled a bit with hurt. He didn't want to admit it, hell, who would? But he liked Hiro, in a way that made Shuichi's attempts not entirely unwelcome. "Come on Hiro, it's not so bad is it?"

"Well... No, I guess not." Hiro blinked. "I just don't think I like the idea of Shuichi, of all people, doing this kind of thing. Think about it."

Suguru hadn't thought of it in quite that light. "You may have a point. Still, what do you find objectionable about me?"

Maybe Suguru had had a bit too much to drink. Normally he wasn't this talkative about anything but his synthesizer.

"Nothing, man, nothing." But he wasn't the only one who'd had a few drinks. Yuki was out on the dance floor with Shuichi. He wasn't entirely into the dance, but apparently he'd seen Shuichi dancing with too many other men to leave him out there alone. Ryuichi and Tatsuha had hit it off within minutes of setting eyes on each other, but what happened once Tohma caught Ryu's leash again there was no telling what would happen there. Looking around at his friends, Hiro started thinking that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing.

Might as well have a little fun. Hiro stood, stretching his arms before glancing to Suguru. "Hey, Suguru, wanna dance?"

"Huh?" Suguru stared blankly, not comprehending.

"Do you want to dance? You know, on your feet, moving around?" Hiro could see the gears working in his friend's head.

Does he mean...what I think he means? "Really?"

"Yeah, come on." Hiro pulled Suguru out of his seat. "I told you there's nothing wrong with you didn't I? Why can't I want a dance?"

"I just thought--"

"That I was straight?" Hiro said, tugging Suguru a bit further into the dance floor.

"Well, yeah. You never seemed to have a boyfriend or anything, and you've had a few girlfriends."

"Have you ever seen me serious?"

"Well, no."

"There's your answer. I just... was never really that comfortable with it before."

Suguru held his silence for a little while. "I guess seeing these guys all happy changed your mind, huh?"

"Mostly just made me realize there was nothing really wrong with it, and like I said, there's nothing wrong with you or my eyes." Hiro grinned a bit nervously.

"Yeah?" Suguru grinned with a bit of the same nervousness, which got ten times worse as he realized that the next song was a slow one. "Umm..."

"Relax, it's just a song." Hiro's face gained a bit of confidence. "We've performed enough of them that you don't have any excuse, Suguru. Just a single song, for a pair to dance to."

Instead of easing his nervousness, Suguru's unease multiplied. "U-u-umm... I-I--"

"Give up, enjoy the music." Hiro was getting used to this pretty quick, but if he didn't give the younger man a break, he'd never regain his composure.

"H-Hiro I-I d-d-don't--" Suguru stuttered.

"Alright, alright. We can sit down." Hiro steered Suguru back to the table, where he noticeable relaxed. "That calmed you down a bit."

"It's just being out there wth all those people."

"They're just like you or me, Suguru. They want a good time with a good person." Hiro sat beside his date with his arm over the back of his chair. The classic move went unnoticed.

"Yeah."

"So, whaddya say? Want to come back to my place after this?" Hiro moved over and whispered into Suguru's ear. "Watch a movie, eat popcorn, make out on the couch so much we forget the movie?"

Despite the slightly shaky delivery, Suguru turned bright red. "S-Sure, Hiro. S-Sounds like fun."

"You're stuttering again." Hiro murmured. He was trying to be sweet, so that Suguru could calm down and have fun.

That wasn't the reaction he got. "Dammit Hiro! What does it matter if I stutter? I'm nervous, alright!" Suguru stalked off towards the bathroom, leaving Hiro staring after him blankly.

"What the hell just happened?" He asked no one in particular.

A/N: My only concern here is that I got Suguru right. I always saw him as a bit laid back, but only where his known skills were, like music. Not dancing or dating. I also think I'm a bit out of my mind. Never having written of people with problems quite like this, I hope it goes well. Read and review please.