Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 11: In the Tremolo Mountain Inn ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.


__________________________________________________________________



Living a Normal Life




Chapter 11: In the Tremolo Mountain Inn





"Welcome everyone! Please feel free to enjoy and comfort yourselves in you r stay here in our inn !"

A young lady with a long blue hair greeted them with a bow and a smile. Her presence was rather captivating for most of the boys who were observing her slim and sexy body behind her snow coat.

Another blue-haired person walked to her and thanked her for her hospitality.

"Are you the owner of this place?" the head teacher asked. The girl slightly shook her head. "My father owns this. But while he's gone temporarily, I'm in charge. My name is Seria . "

Feeling a bit neglected by the serious Sieghart, the green-headed secretary walked and grabbed the head teacher's arm and trotted towards the entrance.

"What are you waiting for?" She signaled. "Let's go in!"

The students complied with the secretary's call and entered the cabin one at a time. The owner's daughter waited for them to all come in as she watched the many faces of the students pass by her. Some were simple, but some looked hip. Girls had different hair trims ranging from the long to the apple cut. Some had brown hair, others had dark and brunette. Most of the boys looked trendy, but there was one who had a beautiful golden hair that stood out among the rest. Then she saw a boy with a spiky amber hair and purple eyes.

= = = = =

Sieghart placed his cup on the wooden table before him. A simple and warm coffee was enough to start his morning, and behind its bitter taste was the sweetness of the gratitude for another day's blessing. He glanced at the window on his right.

The scenery indicated a fine day ahead. It was around seven in the morning and the sun was still warm for the skin to feel. It stayed on the vast and clear blue sky with its gentle rays touching the calm land and the pine trees. Layers of snow covered the mounta in and colored the place blanch . Cheerful sound of birds gave music to the picturesque sight before him.

His focus was cut short when he felt someone arrive.

"Need some sugar?"

Reina then put the small covered container on the table. Sieghart wasn't budging an inch as she sat on the chair opposite to his. He reached the cup and sipped, then placed it again back to where it was.

"You didn't need to bother," he spoke. The other just smiled in reply.

"Don't you think Mr. Rareglove is being too kind to our school? I mean, it's an all-expense paid trip! Too bad Mr. Shiba can't come with us," Reina mentioned.
"So it's up to us on how we can add some more excitements to make this trip memorable. Since it's almost Christmas, why don't we hold a party?" Sieghart suggested.
"Exactly!" The secretary stood up and walked away with a plan. But before leaving completely, she added, "Don't worry, you can count on me about that!"

Left alone once again, Sieghart just put off the sugar container's cover and scooped a pinch to mix with his coffee. He then let his tongue savor the bitter-sweet taste of his morning drink.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some of the girls were having a mini-tour of the mountain resort inn. The building was made of wood---the ceiling, the walls and even the neatly polished floor. Rooms were entered through sliding doors covered with a square piece of paper-like cloth material with the black kanji yama written on the center. Red lanterns hung on the upper corners of the doors giving an "ancient" feel to the lodgers.

Upon walking in the whole place, they reached the rear exit of the inn. Parallel to it were hot springs surrounded by a circle of pine trees. The sky could still be seen through the trees' heights that's why it felt so refreshing to just stare at the scenery and feel the essence of being very close to nature.

It was fifteen past eight in the morning, and little by little, the sun was beginning to climb up the winter sky.

"Elie! Let's go eat breakfast!" Melodia called pointing the way to the mini cafeteria. Elie nodded in reply and followed the others.

- - - - - - - - - -

Haru put the cup of hot chocolate on the saucer. He was in the canteen with his friend, Musica. Beside him were wooden railings which stretched up to the other end of the lodge.

From their place, a bed of purple mountains covered in snow can be seen. The sun smiled at them, and shared its warmth to all underneath it.

Haru's short sight-seeing was disturbed when Musica asked him a question.

"What are you going to give to Elie this Christmas?"

Haru felt a bit surprised. He abruptly looked at Musica who was smirking at him. Haru was annoyed, but his cheeks slightly reddened .

"And why do you want to know?"

His spiky-haired friend giggled. "I knew it! So you are really going to give her something!"

"So what?!" Haru blushed some more.

"So how's it going?"

"Going?" Haru asked, pretending to be unaware of what he really meant. He got his sandwich and took a large bite.

Musica then rested his chin on his hand and looked at the hot chocolate in front of him. "You're so slow, Haru! We all know that you like each other!"

Haru suddenly choked and coughed endlessly. He promptly got his drink and drank it in a flash without minding how hot it was.

"Hey, hey. Take it easy!" Musica said, but he was in the verge of laughing.

As soon as Haru's coughing stopped, he placed the cup loudly on the table and cried, "Stop saying things like that!!!"

"Okay, I give up! I was just curious--" Musica's talking was cut short when he noticed the presence of the most influential student in their school enter the humble cafeteria. As usual, the blond Rareglove heir was strolling along with his sidekick, Julius.

Haru watched them as they chose a table. Lucia seemed to feel that someone was watching them, and he knew who it was. He then sent an evil glare to his rival before taking his seat.

Haru raised his eyebrow. "What's his problem?"

"You shouldn't mind that brat," Musica advised. "Elie doesn't seem to like him anyway..."

"Elie's got nothing to do with it!"

"Come on, Haru! You don't have to be shy!"

Haru leered at him. Musica giggled a bit as he raised his hands in surrender.

"Oh yeah," Haru suddenly remembered. "I forgot something in the room. I'll just get it."

He then stood up and walked towards the exit.
- - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, Lucia and Julius were calmly eating their morning meal.

"So, what are you planning to d o for Christmas, Lucia-san?" Julius inquired shortly before Lucia smacked a huge banan a on his mouth.

"Why do you keep on calling me Lucia-san ?!" the blond boy angrily scolded.

"Huh? Hey wook, it's Hawu!" Julius stammered while chomping the banana.

Lucia turned back and saw his rival approaching. He assume d that Haru would be heading to the exit, which happened to be a few feet away from where their table was. He looked at the table and saw the food--ham, bacon, egg, and of course, a banana peeling.

Julius, now done eating, noticed Lucia's face. He was smiling , and it seemed that he had something "good" in his mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

As Haru neared the exit, he saw the blue-haired lady-manager entering the cafeteria. She was carrying a tray with glasses of juice on it. He ought to say his greetings when he comes across her when...

"Hey, Glory!"

Haru turned towards the voice as he continued to walk. Suddenly, he stepped on something slippery which made him lose his balance, fall forward, and glomp at Seria!

Seria lost hold of her tray as she fell on the floor with Haru.

Silence.

Then came a loud "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Being a great irritator, Lucia laughed his guts out.

But unfortunate as he is, all the juice in the glasses that went flying landed and spilled on his beautiful golden hair.

He fell silent.

"WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Everyone in the room burst out in laughter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Haru tried to push himself up even though his body was slightly aching. Seria managed to sit up after the fall. She was nervous, though she didn't know why. It was the amber-haired boy that she saw that morning. She did want to be acquainted with him, but not this way.

"Are you alright?" Haru asked.

She realized that she was just staring at him. She nervously smiled and nodded her head. Haru then took her hand and pulled her up. She looked down, her cheeks turning to red.

Haru felt so embarrassed. Of all the people, why the manager of the inn ? His heart beat loudly as he looked at Seria's face.

But his heart p o unded more violently when he saw the person behind Seria.

He saw a shocked face of Elie who was just standing in front of them.

- - - - -

Elie stood there, stunned. But no matter how ardent her feelings were at that moment, she did her best to keep them all inside. The scene seemed to freeze. All there was to do was to end it. And that was what she would do.

"S-sorry...wrong turn! " Elie b l urted out as she abruptly looked away from Haru's stare. She then turned back and ran away.

- - - - -

Haru then helped Seria get up though he still seemed to be unconscious of what he was doing. His heart was continuously beating every second. He had never felt so uneasy before. He didn't know why. It was just Elie who saw them. Just Elie.

"Excuse me, are you alright?"

Haru snapped out of his thoughts at Seria's question. He looked at her, and when he saw her worried face, he used all his guts to show his usual grin.

"No need to worry! I'm alright!" he said as cheerfully as possible.

The blue-haired girl then looked down in apology. "I'm really sorry, Mister--"

"I'm Haru Glory," he barged in. "You don't need to apologize. Nobody expected that to happen, ne?"

She managed to make a slight smile. "Guess you're right...My name is Seria, by the way."

She rolled her eyes to the corner where Elie had stood a while ago.

"That girl," her voice was a little hesitant. "Is...is she your girlfriend?"

Haru's face flushed at the question. "Wha-what made you say that?!"

"She seemed to be a bit impatient a while ago.... and you really looked so nervous when she saw us..."

"No, she's just a...," he looked away. "...friend of mine."

"I see. Well then, nice meeting you, Haru. I know it's an un u sual meeting but," she smiled. "Thanks, anyway."

Haru rubbed his head as he said, "That's nothing! Guess I'll just see you 'round!"

Seria watched him walk away. Still with a happy look on her face, she headed back to the kitchen to call the others to help her fix the mess for Mr. Rareglove.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sun lowered from its peak. The sky was beginning to turn into tangerine.

The blanch field was slowly being filled by vivid teens ready on their skiing clothes. The milieu joined them in their excitement with a cool breeze as the birds perched from branch to branch. The warmth of the winter sun poured all over the place as the day passed by.

Disappointedly , Elie rested her chin on her hand. She was sitting on the lobby's floor and before her were the others trying to test their skills in skiing. She streamed across the sight of the scene in nonchalance.

Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder.

Surprised, Elie looked back. "Melodia! You scared me!"

"You're just thinking to o much! Have a break, will ya!" The brunette joshed as she put her skis aside and sat beside her frie nd. She noticed that Elie placed her chin on her hand again.

"Nee, is anything bothering you?" Melodia asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm just not in the mood, that's all," the other bluntly replied.

Melodia then stood up with a determined look on her face. "That's why you need to have a little fun! Let's go!" She pulled Elie's arms and dragged her towards the others.

- - - - -

Haru dropped his skiing boards on the snow. He then fitted his feet on his shoes and looked at the slopes ahead of him.

He was all set to start skiing. He bent his legs to push himself forward when...

"Hey, Haru!"

Seria rushed her way to Haru's side. "Could you teach me how to ski?"

"Huh? How come you don't know how?" Haru asked.

"I seldom come here during winter so...," her cheeks reddened with her bashful smile. "...so I really don't have the time to learn it."

Haru grinned. "I see. Well then, let's get started. Why don't you use these skis first?"

Seria smiled. Haru then took them off and gave them to her.

"Haru!"

Haru and Seria looked behind.

It was Melodia. And Elie's with her.

- -

Haru's heart started to beat faster. And when he glanced at her, their eyes met.

Elie felt uneasy, but she managed to give a sweet smile to him. Though it somehow took most of her energy just to force that smile

Haru sensed that his cheeks were becoming hot as he saw that smile. But even if a smile would mean joy and comfort, he knew something was not right.

- -

"Yoroshiku!" Seria greeted with a bow.

"Hello there, Ms. Manager! It seems like you two are becoming good friends now!" Melodia said.

The ash-haired boy rubbed his head. "Her name's Seria and she was asking me if I could teach her how to ski."

"Nice timing!" The brunette's eyes widened. "Elie and I wanted to have some fun too! Can we join you guys?"

"Su--"

"I'll pass, Melodia," Elie barged in. "I'm sorry guys but I'm not feeling so good today. Guess I'll just see you later."

Elie once again forced a smile on her lips and turned back to leave.

Haru, Melodia, and Seria just stared in wonder.

- - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, Musica was heading towards their room. He was thinking on what to do since he didn't want to go skiing.

Their room was tranquil. The others' bags were just scattered on the floor so the place seemed a bit cluttered.

Musica breathed out a long sigh.

"Now what? It's really getting boring for me!" Musica complained as he lazily sat down on the floor. "And I thought there were lots of pretty girls here...it turned out to be only one!"

He was referring to the blue-haired manager. And speaking of her, he wondered how things have been after Elie saw Haru acting like a pervert in front of her...

All tho se thoughts flew away from his mind when he heard a noise coming from Haru's bag. He stood up and observed it--Haru's bag was moving!

Considering it to be very strange, Musica swallowed before touching the bag's zipper.

And when he opened it...

"PUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"AAH!!!" He screamed in shock as a round creature glomped his head and made him fall down.

The spiky-head abruptly sat up and took the creature off his face.

"Puunn...."

He gazed at the creature. It wore an innocent look on its blushing face. And it's trembling!

"Eh? Are you Haru's pet? What were you doing there in his bag?"

"Puuunnn!!! P-p-p-puuunnn!"

Music a sweatdropped. It's no use asking, he couldn't understand it anyway.

"Okay, Mr. Snowman-dog, I'm taking you to your silly master," Musica said as he carried Plue with him and headed outside.

- - - - -

As Musica walked in the lobby, to his surprise, he met Elie along the way.

"Oh, hi Elie!" he greeted.

"Musica! Is that you, Plue?" she pointed at the white creature.

"Puun!!!" Plue suddenly fidgeted against Musica's grip and jumped towards Elie.

He giggled at the two. "So his name is Plue. He's Haru's pet, right?"

Elie paused for a while before answering him. "Yes."

He noticed her slight reluctance and decided to just let her be this time. He smiled at her and said, "Could you please take care of it for now? I'm just going outside. Jaa!"

He then walked away. Left alone, Elie stretched out her arms and stared at Plue's mysteriously cute face.

"How come I feel uneasy when I see you master?"

"Puun?"

"Ever since this morning..."

"Puuun..."

"I can't be--" She sighed.

"Puun..."

She wore a cheerful look on her face. "Never mind that! Let's go have some snacks!"

"Puuun! Puun!"

So they headed to the cafeteria.

- - - - - - - -

The long day finally ended as the moon replaced the sun. Countless, brilliant and tiny stars scattered themselves in the velvet evening sky. The mountains were peaceful with only the crickets to serenade the night.

Haru and Musica were hanging out in their room as they waited for the other boys to come. After putting on his robe given by the inn, the ash-haired boy suddenly noticed that his bag was opened, so he rushed to it as if it were going to escape.

Musica softly laughed at the terrified look on Haru's face.

"Relax, Haru! I opened it," he confessed.

"You did?! Why the heck did you do that?" Haru cried out.

"Your cute pet was inside, so I let it out."

"Plue?"

"You didn't know?" Musica asked, but Haru shook his head. "Anyway, Plue's with Elie."

"...he's with her?"

"Yup." He then turned around and walked to the door. "Speaking of girls, I heard that they'll be going to the hot springs tonight. Why don't we go there too?" Musica grinned at him.

Haru sweatdropped, but he blushed. "Hentai..."

Musica just laughed at him and went outside. Haru was now alone in the room. He looked at his bag, knelt down, and got something from one of its pockets.

He raised his hand and gazed at the shiny chain that dangled from his fingers. It was a silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant. The moon's light was enough to see its brilliance in the night.

Haru took a deep breath. And with a determined look on his eye, he went out to go to his destination--the hot springs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elie had just finished changing her clothes after eating dinner. She was wearing the inn's traditional robes, and was heading to the hot springs since Melodia and the others were waiting for her there.

As she walked along the lobby, she saw a familiar figure approaching her. And as their distance became shorter and shorter, she realized that it was him, Plue's master.

Both of them stopped and looked at each other.

"Hi," Haru greeted.

"Hello," Elie replied.

The boy was speechless, uneasy, nervous. He just wanted to say something, but nothing seemed to come out.

"Do you have anything to say?" Elie started.

"Um...yeah, I-ah..." Haru put his hand on his pocket and reached the object inside. But he couldn't just pull it out and give it to her. But then, how could she receive it?

Obscure thoughts clouded his mind. He just snapped out of it when he felt Elie's hand touch his reddening cheeks.

"Your cheeks are hot, Haru. You don't look so good either. Are you okay?" Elie asked as she touched his face. "Maybe you should rest for--" Her speech was cut short when Haru suddenly held her hand.

Elie's heart beat faster as she stared at Haru's beautiful purple eyes.

The moment never seemed to pass by for the two of them. Hopes and desires filled their young hearts. All they need was to let those feelings out, but something just always holds them back.

Haru abruptly let go of her hand and stepped farther away from her. He looked down and softly, he said , "I'm okay. Don't worry about it."

Elie looked away as well, her hand brought near to her heart. "I see..."

Haru returned his hand in his pocket. He never noticed it, but his eyes were fi x ed at the floor for quite a while. There had been a seemingly long pause--that just lasted for a few seconds--between them, until Haru decided to put an end to it.

Still staring at the floor, Haru said, "Elie..."

She glanced at him.

"Sorry...you see..." he then looked straight at her but--

"PUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Plue jumped in at the scene and landed on Haru's face!

"P-p-p-p-puuun!!!!"

"Plue!" Haru cried out as he struggled to get Plue off his head. And fortunately, it was a success.

"What are you doing here?" he asked as he stared at his pet in wonder.

"I'm sorry, Haru. Musica just gave him to me so I wasn't able to tell you," Elie explained.

Haru let out a big sigh. "That's okay. I didn't even know Plue hid in my bag!"

Elie then smiled. "I need to go now. My friends are waiting for me."

Haru paused, then replied, "Sure."

With that, Elie walked away and headed to the hot springs.

Haru watched her until she was out of sight.

"Pun?"

Haru had an irritated look as he faced the cute little dog in his hands.

"Pun?"

"Sometimes, you can really be a big bother..."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Almost everyone had left when he came in. He chose this time so that he could ease himself from all the craziness that happened that day. Haru placed his blue robe on a hanger. He noticed that there was another robe that was hung. Maybe someone left it. He assumed that no one must have been in the water at that time, eleven in the evening.

Haru im merged himself in the hot spring. The warmth of the water was relaxing and the fog surrounding him was soothing. It was quiet in the men's hot spring.

Haru finally smiled in comfort and relief.

" This feels really good after a long day!"

"Pun!" Plue agreed as it enjoyed itself too in the water.

"Who's there?!" a voice exclaimed.

"Huh?" Haru was surprised. He thought that he and Plue were alone at the moment.

"P-p-puuun!!!!"

"Hey, Plue! Where are you going?" Haru cried out as the small creature swam its way to the mist.

- - -

"Pun!"

"Aw! Get off my hair!"

Haru heard the noise coming from a silhouette of a person behind the fog. He walked to their place to see who it was.

"Plue?"

"Puuuuunnn!!!!"

Haru saw it flying in front of him as if someone threw it like a dart.

* / THOK! / *

Plue's sharp nose hit the wooden wall and got stuck.

"P-pun..."

"Plue!" Haru rushed to the poor fellow and noticed that its body was wilting.

"Plue! What happened to your body?!" He cried out as he held its airless balloon-like body.

"Serves him right! That creature has been messing my life!"

"Why you...!" Haru blurted out in anger. He turned back and glared at the person behind him.

As the mist thinned between them, the ash-haired boy found out who it was. "Eh?"

Golden eyes and golden hair. We all know who he is.

"Lucia?!"

Lucia's eyes were burning with wrath.



END OF CHAPTER 12




A/N:
Sorry for the long waitThis is my last chapter for the year 2004, hope you enjoyed it! Don't worry, I'll be updating this as soon as I finish the next chapters. And don't forget, feedbacks, criticisms, and comments are always welcome. Anyways, happy new year, everyone!



^_^