Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ The Takeover ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Pouts)
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.
Chapter Summary: Time passes and Chione takes her first step in vengeance.
Chapter 5: The Takeover

Outside the two-storey office, angry protesters were hurling verbal abuse at Athha family and demanding that Cagalli to be removed from Orb altogether.
What had caused this, you ask. It was quite simple really, someone had placed an anonymous link on the Internet a few weeks ago, declaring that Cagalli was not the blood daughter of Uzumi Nara Athha, merely his adopted daughter and it was Uzumi Nara Athha who assassinated the true ruler of Orb and Colony L6; Herbert Anderson.
The supporters of the late Herbert Anderson who had been hiding underground ever since his assassination had now risen from their hiding places and instigated the citizens of Orb against the Athha family.
“Down with the Athhas!” the crowd had screamed, protest placards in their hands.
“Bring back the Andersons!” they added.

“What are you going to do about this, Representative?” Unato Ema Saran asked Cagalli.
“I don't know.” Cagalli cried in frustration, sinking her head in her hands.
“It's simple, really.” Merci stepped in.
“You!” Cagalli spat.
Merci merely smiled.
Turning to Unato, she replied, “Just give the people what they want. Remove the Representative from office and restore the Anderson's name.”
“I see...” Unato nodded.
“The Andersons?” Cagalli sneered. “Herbert and Iris Anderson are dead.”
“But not their heir.” Merci told her.
“My dear Representative, allow me to introduce myself. I am Merci Anderson, daughter to the late Herbert and Iris Anderson by blood and the rightful ruler of Orb.” she smirked at the stunned Cagalli.
“You... you're lying!” Cagalli screamed. “Father made sure that there won't any survivors in that shootout! He told me that the Andersons were all dead!”
“So, you admit that Uzumi Nara Athha was the one who killed my parents?” Merci questioned.
Cagalli was stunned silent.
Reaching into her pocket, Merci took out a portable tape recorder and pressed the pause button.
“Now, how will the citizens of Orb react when they hear this?” she smirked.
“Give me that!” Cagalli lunged forward, trying to grab the tape recorder.
Merci tsked and placed the tape recorder back into her pocket and moved out of Cagalli's reach.
“You can either make this easy for the both of us or we can do this the hard way.” she shrugged.
“What do you mean?” Cagalli screeched.
“You can either declare that you're stepping down and acknowledge me as the rightful ruler of Orb or...” Merci jabbed her thumb at the angry crowd downstairs. “We can let them pull you down themselves.”
“You want me to let you have Orb? Never!” Cagalli shouted.
“Your choice. But don't forget, with this additional evidence in my hands, it'll be a lot more difficult for you to remain in office.” Merci replied coolly and exited the conference room.
Cagalli was stunned silent.
And true to her threat, Merci placed the incriminating video on the Internet a few days later.

“This is getting out of hand.” Kira remarked, seeing the protesting of the citizens of Orb in the news.
“Yes.” Lacus agreed. “Cagalli's loosing her footing in Orb.”
“But, what if the rumors are true?” Murrue Ramius asked. “What if Uzumi Nara Athha was really the one who killed Herbert Anderson?”
“And the latest news, Cagalli even acknowledged that Uzumi Nara Athha really did killed Herbert Anderson and his wife.” Andrew Waltfeld added.
“But who would want Cagalli to step down?” Kira asked.
“The only Anderson left, no doubt. I think she wants to reclaim the rightful ownership of Orb.” Andrew replied.
“She?” the other three echoed.
Andrew nodded, “The Andersons have an infant daughter before they were killed. In the Anderson massacre, we could only find two bodies; the baby girl was unaccounted for.”
“Not only that.” Murrue added. “The Anderson's name is only a mere cover-up.”
“A cover-up?” Lucas echoed.
Murrue nodded, “A cover-up to conceal their true identity; the Peacecraft.”
“Peacecraft?” Kira exclaimed in incredulity. “The rulers of the Sanc Kingdom?”
“Which was moved to the Pacific island where it was renamed Orb when Uzumi Nara Athha took control.” Lacus gasped.
Both Murrue and Andrew nodded.
“So you mean, Orb was the original Sanc Kingdom?” Kira gasped.
Lacus nodded.

“Now that's done.” Merci mused, letting out a satisfied smile as she watched the outrage of the Orb citizens increase. “It is time for the Sanc Kingdom to rise again.”
“We're ready for your broadcast, Chione-sama.” one of her Sanctuary guards reported.
Merci, or rather Chione, nodded and stepped out of her room.
“What the...” Kira blinked as the news was interrupted by a sudden broadcast and Merci appeared on screen.
Merci, in her Chione form, was sitting behind a conference table as camera flashes flashed around her.
A few seconds later, she began her speech.
She first started of by retelling the myth of the two Goddesses, Athena and Chione who were reborn every alternate 243 years to battle against the forces of evil before acknowledging herself to be the reincarnation of Chione of this time era.
She then admitted that she was the one who posted the allegations against the Athhas, declaring them to be true, that Uzumi Nara Athha really did kill her parents and that she was the rightful ruler of Orb.
She ended her speech by revealing that the Anderson's name was a mere cover-up; that her true name was Merci Peacecraft, the last of the Peacecraft family who founded the Sanc Kingdom which Uzumi Nara Athha seized control from and declared himself ruler and renaming the Sanc Kingdom Orb.

Cagalli let out a wry smile after the broadcast was over.
“Guess this is it then.” she mumbled.
Not only was she losing her political footing in Orb, and now with the truth out and the rightful ruler of Orb revealed, she had no other choice but to step down.

A few days later, another news broadcast was aired when Cagalli signed the handing over document to Merci Peacecraft.

SailorStar9: Another chapter down. Read and review.