Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned ❯ Unfulfilled Feelings ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: A new chapter up and no review. You guys don't love me anymore. (Wails). Anyway, this is Chapter 22 where the Archangel heads off into the battlefield. And oh yeah, you get to see Epyon Zero. Read and review.
Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue or I'll sink a SEED mode Kira after you. And no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher or used to burn joss sticks.
Chapter 22: Unfulfilled Feelings

Back in space, a GINN Recon Type and a ZAKU Warrior searched the area of space where the hijacked shuttle was reported to be.
“This is Purple 1.” the GINN pilot reported. “Confirmed a light signal at Yellow 22, Beta. Moving closer.”
“This is Bravo. Roger that.” the command center replied.
“That must be the shuttle that was reported hijacked. They abandoned it here? They sure have outdone us. We are checking the interior.” the GINN pilot declared as the two mobile suits moved in.
Once the soldiers entered the cockpit, they found the two pilots that had been knocked out by Andrew, tied up and floating.
“Hey, are you alright?” one of the soldiers asked. Then, he reported back to the command center.

“I see... and what about the whereabouts of those who stole the shuttle?” Chairman Durandal asked.
“The Glasgow squadron is currently searching for them as its highest priority, however...” one of the officers reported.
“But of all things for them to do, using Lacus Clyne's name and stealing a shuttle under the guise of Princess Peacecraft's request, it's certainly an outrageous move.” Chairman Durandal noted.
“Yes sir.” the officer replied. “The shuttle pilots that we rescued and those at the base all say she looked and sounded like her. Not only that, the signature on the note that was given to the base's commander was proven to be Princess Peacecraft's handwriting.”
“Either way, please find them as soon as possible.” Chairman Durandal requested. “Although I don't yet know if this is the Earth Alliance's doing, there's only one motive for anyone to do such a thing. It is to use her image to confuse the citizens of PLANT.”
“Yes sir.” the officer replied.
“I can't imagine how much Lacus and her kind demeanour will be hurt if she was used like that.” Chairman Durandal added as Meer waited impatiently in the Diocuia ZAFT Forces base at the city shore of the Black Sea.
“Yes sir.” the officer answered.
“I'll like to get this situation under control before they make a move and cause a stir.” Chairman Durandal noted. “I'm counting on you.”
“Yes sir! I'll take that to heart!” the officer replied.
After ending the call, the Chairman leaned back against his seat.
But I suppose it's fortunate that they're separated. He mused. Lacus Clyne... and Kira Yamato!

Meanwhile, Lacus and Andrew had boarded the Eternal which was disguised as an asteroid. The pilots in the cockpit saluted the newcomers.

Back on the John Paul Jones, Auel and Sting were playing basketball.
“Here I go!” Auel declared as he ran forward to the basket, dribbling the ball.
“I won't let you.” Sting retorted as he poised to block his comrade.
“Gotcha!” Auel joked as he evaded Sting, tossing the basketball into the basket minutes later.

“Although I'm not one to linger on something that's already done with, I'm also not accepting multiple failures.” Djibril informed Neo.
“Yes sir.” Neo replied.
“Although the loss of the Extended couldn't be helped,” Djibril added. “The enemy is desperate in battle after all. Things won't go exactly the way you want them to.”
“I understand that.” Neo answered.
“But our goals must be achieved.” Djibril reminded him. “All orders are given because they are necessary. We're not doing it for fun.”
“Yes, I understand that very well.” Neo replied.
“If you understand, then I wish you'd hurry and accomplish your assigned task.” Djibril told him. “Otherwise, our schedule would be disturbed. The Minerva has now been touted as the ZAFT force on the side of justice by the anti-Alliance forces and are considered heroes. And it's a Coordinator vessel. That's all because they keep winning!”
“I wonder if that's the case...” Neo voiced his opposition.
“Citizens are foolish.” Djibril added. “They never think of what happened in the past and they always welcome what's most convenient for them at the time.”
“Well, that's true.” Neo agreed.
“How can they be so easily fooled?” Djibril spat. “There's no way those Coordinators would seriously extend a helping hand to us Naturals! They'll just turn against us soon. That's why that ship is troublesome. It's dangerous for us to leave it loose any longer. Sink it for sure this time, Neo. Don't forget that you are all around precisely for that purpose.”
“Yes, I'll keep that in mind.” Neo replied.

Back on the Minerva, the medics were still conducting tests on Stella.

“These are what you asked for.” Lunamaria said as she handed the report to Talia. “I apologize for the delay in reporting these to you.”
“It's alright.” Talia replied. “Things have been hectic and I haven't had the time for it either. I'm sorry for making you act like a spy.”
“No, you're a member of FAITH as well, Captain.” Lunamaria replied. “I feel I understand your actions. But ummm...”
At Talia's look, Lunamaria asked, “Will you allow me to ask a few questions?”
“That's to be expected. Sure, I'll answer anything I can for you.” Talia replied.
“Thank you very much.” Lunamaria bowed.
“Everyone knows that Athrun Zala deserted ZAFT near the end of the last war and fought alongside the Archangel who had also deserted the Earth Alliance.” Lunamaria said.
“Well, that's true.” Talia agreed. “He doesn't seem to be hiding that fact himself.”
“But I've also heard that despite knowing all that, Chairman Durandal approved his re-enlistment and assigned him to FAITH.” Lunamaria added.
“Yes...” Talia replied.
“But... does that mean that he still has some authority?” Lunamaria asked. “We've been following his orders because he's a member of FAITH and is trusted by the Chairman. However if...”
“That's not how it is, Lunamaria.” Talia stopped her in mid-sentence. “Although it's not surprising that you would think that way, his actions this time probably only concern the Archangel. I have no doubt myself that he's an honest man with a powerful sense of justice. I don't expect him to be a spy or betray us. Nobody thinks of him that way. But what about the Archangel this time? It's true that as the last war spiralled out of control, they fought alongside Lacus Clyne against both sides and brought the war to an end. But what about now? During that battle the other day, just as we were about to fight against the former military forces of ORB, they appeared out of nowhere, bearing Princess Peacecraft.”
“Yes...” Lunamaria nodded.
“I have no idea what they're thinking or what they're trying to do.” Talia noted. “That's what he must be trying to find out.”
“Yes...” Lunamaria nodded.
“That's what Athrun told me as he left the ship...” Talia told her. “But he still believes in Sanc and the crew of the Archangel. In reality, he must not want to fight against them. So I'd like for you to think of it that way. Is that okay?”
“Yes madam!” Lunamaria replied, somewhat uncertain. “In that case, I...”
“Either way, thank you for your hard work.” Talia said, cutting off any other conversation. “This is the end of this matter. Understand?”
“Yes madam.” Lunamaria nodded.
“Please forget about the details that you have obtained when you leave this room.” Talia requested.
At Lunamaria's startled look when she recalled what Kira had asked about the other Lacus Clyne, Talia asked, “What is it? Is there anything else?”
“Lunamaria? Is anything the matter?” Talia pressed, breaking the pilot off of her thoughts.
“Oh no. it's nothing.” Lunamaria replied. “I'll do as ordered. Please excuse me.”
At that, she saluted and exited the commander's office.

Meanwhile, the doctor on board the Minerva was still running checks on Stella.
“Where's the data from the re-check of her body chemistry?” the doctor asked.
“Just a second. I'll get it now.” the nurse replied.
“It's no good. Put the oxygen mask on her.” the doctor instructed as Shinn stepped in.
“Stella!” the pilot exclaimed, hurrying to her side.
“Just what is going on?” he asked.
“Stay back.” the doctor warned. “I have no idea what's going on either.”
“Neo...” Stella moaned.
“Didn't I already tell you that her body has been affected in various ways due to drugs and that I have no idea what's going on with it?” the doctor asked.
“But...” Shinn replied.
“It also seems like she's not able to carry out her bodily functions if you don't administer something within a certain period of time.” the doctor added. “As of this time, I don't know what that might be or why she suddenly becomes this way.”
“No way...” Shinn gasped.
“Shinn...” Stella mumbled out.
“Stella...” the pilot bent closer.
“No...” Stella moaned. “I'm scared... Shinn... protect...”
“Naturals are far ahead of us in terms of researching drugs like these.” the doctor admitted. “Really...”
“Stella...” Shinn muttered as the Extended winced in pain.
Just then, a trail of glittering snow dust; Chione's Cosmo, flowed between them. Shinn opened his hand to let Chione's Cosmo brush past his palm. Stella then let out a peaceful smile before she drifted to sleep.

On the bridge...
“What? We're taking her with us?” Arthur exclaimed.
“Yes, we have been ordered to bring her with us, along with the data from the research facility.” Talia replied.
“But I've heard from the doctor that she's isn't doing so well.” Arthur pointed out.
“I reported that as well, but they told me, 'That's all the more reason for you to bring her to a better-equipped facility'.” Talia told him.
“Ah, right.” Arthur nodded.

Back on the Takemikazuchi...
“And so as far as strategies go, this is rather simple.” Neo noted.
“But will this really go well?” Todaka asked. “How reliable is that information to begin with? It's fine to set up an ambush, but what if the Minerva...”
“Hey now, I can't have you saying things like that.” Yuna admonished. “Who would move a military based on guesswork? The Minerva will head to Gibraltar via this route for sure. And they're about to leave port. The Captain and I have already confirmed this. You can just worry about what to do from here on out.”
“You're right on the mark, Yuna-sama.” Neo praised. “You're also able to make decisions quickly. ORB was most certainly fortunate to have such a leader as yourself. And don't worry, we will return ORB to you once this is all over.”
“Oh no, this is nothing.” Yuna waved his praise aside.
“Although this will be a difficult operation, it must be carried out.” Neo noted.
“And our ORB military can do it.” Yuna added.
“But at this rate, our forces...” Amagi protested.
“If we can sink the Minerva, we can show off our power to the rest of the world!” Yuna pointed out. “Once she sees that, that Peacecraft girl will have no choice but to hand over ORB back to me.”
Both Todaka and Amagi gritted their teeth.
“You can do it, right?” Yuna asked.
“It's our job to act as we are ordered.” Todaka replied.
“Well then, I'm counting on you.” Yuna added, not noticing Amagi had clutched his hand in anger.
“Yes sir.” the two officers chorused.
“Although I don't think that odd ship would appear this time, will you be okay if such a thing happens again?” Neo asked. “Didn't you say that the ship is your enemy and the person who claimed to be the Peacecraft Princess is a fake, Yuna-sama?”
“That's right!” Yuna agreed, after a second's hesitation.
“Yuna-sama!” Amagi gasped.
“A ship that would bring out something like that and attempt to confuse our forces is nothing but an enemy to us!” Yuna hissed. “Isn't that right, Colonel Todaka? Isn't that why you fired that them?”
“Yes sir.” Todaka replied reluctantly.
“Colonel Todaka!” Amagi exclaimed.
“Well then, if that's how it is...” Neo interrupted.

Back under the sea, the Archangel laid submerged as Kira returned to the ship with Miriallia in tow.
“Murdock-san!” the reporter called out.
“Hey there, jouchan.” Murdock teased. “Now, now, you can't find someone to marry if you hang out at a place like this.”
“What?” Miriallia retorted. “That's rude. It's fine. I'll dump any guy who tries to tell me what to do.”
“Miriallia...” Kira interrupted.
“Oh, but either way, it's good to be working with you again.” Miriallia added.
“Yeah of course. Glad to have you back, jouchan.” Murdock joked.

On the bridge...
“The former ORB forces have deployed to Kureta?” Merci gasped.
“Then that means they're attacking the Minerva again?” Murrue asked.
“Yes, although we're not certain, the terminal is saying that's probably the case.” the radio office reported.
“They must be expecting the Minerva to head to Gibraltar.” Arnold noted. “The Earth Alliance is getting aggressive.”
“What's the matter?” Kira asked as he stepped in with Miriallia.
“Miriallia-san!” Murrue beamed.
“It's been a while.” Miriallia noted.
“How have you been? How's Elsman?” the radio officer inquired.
“I dumped him.” Miriallia grinned.
A beep came from the screen and Miriallia walked over to the screen.
“It's a coded message.” she remarked. “The Minerva has departed from the Sea of Marmala and is heading south.”
At her announcement, everybody gasped.
“So, it's decided.” Murrue noted. “The former ORB forces will clash with the Minerva once again at Kureta.”

On board the Takemikazuchi...
“A ship has been detected. Distance: 60. 11 o'clock!” the pilot of the EWAC Murasame reported as it examined the area above Crete to determine the Minerva's location.
“All hands, prepare for combat!” the order was given. “I repeat, all hands, prepare for combat.”
“Alright, it's starting!” Neo declared.
What's wrong?” Sting asked Auel as the light-blue-haired pilot stopped in his tracks.
“Oh, well, it's just that...” Auel replied.

On the Minerva...
“Ship located ahead.” the radar officer announced.
“What?” Arthur gasped.
“One carrier and three escort vessels.” the radar officer added.
“What about that Earth Alliance carrier?” Talia asked.
“I can't confirm its presence.” the radar officer replied.
“Search specifically for it. Please hurry.” Talia requested. “There's no way it's just the ORB's fleet.”
“Yes.” the radar officer replied.
“Close off the bridge. Issue: Condition Red.” Talia instructed.
“Yes madam!” Meyrin replied.
“Condition Red issued. Condition Red issued.” she declared. “All pilots should stand by ion their respective units. I repeat, all pilots should stand by in their respective units.”

On the John Paul Jones...
“I get the feeling that I'm forgetting about something important.” Auel admitted.
“What's the important thing?” Sting scoffed.
“That's what I'm saying I can't remember!” Auel rebuked.
“Second and fourth squadrons, move to launch standby positions.” the order was given. “First, third and fifth squadrons have all launched.”

On the Minerva...
“Launch the Impulse and Savior.” Talia instructed.
“Yes madam!” Meyrin replied.
“30 degrees to starboard. Bearing: east.” Talia ordered.
In the launch pads...
“Impulse, Savior, requesting that you launch.” Meyrin conveyed Talia's instructions.

On the Takemikazuchi...
“Distance until the target is within range of the main cannons: 40.” the missile officer reported.
“Have any mobile suits launched from the Minerva?” Todaka asked.
“Not yet!” the radar officer replied.
“Alright, we won!” Yuna beamed. “Shower them with the fragmentation shells.”
“Artillery hands, synchronized volley of fragmentation shells! Fire!” Todaka gave the order.

On the Minerva...
“Artillery rounds incoming!” the radar officer reported.
“Stop launching the mobile suits. Countermeasures while evading.” Talia instructed.
The side cannons managed to destroy some of the missiles but some of the shells exploded over the Minerva, and metal fragments punched through the ship's hull.
“The upper Armor plate has been penetrated to the second layer!” the damage officer reported.
“Damn! It's a shower of self-fragmentation shells!” Arthur hissed.
“Damage control, additional 10 degrees to starboard.” Talia instructed.
“More ORB forces at 9 o'clock! Count: three!” the radar officer reported.
“Alright, let's go.” the captain of the Murasame fleet declared.

On the Minerva...
“Murasames of the ORB military at 2 o'clock. Count: nine.” Meyrin reported.
“Please launch Shinn and Athrun.” Talia instructed. “Aim the Isolde and Tristan at the enemy fleet to our port.”
“Yes madam!” Arthur replied.
“That carrier must still be around here somewhere! Hurry up and locate it!” Talia ordered.
“Yes madam” the radar officer answered.

On the John Paul Jones...
Although this won't even be to avenge you, Stella... Neo mused. We will sink that ship today!
“Sting Oakley, Chaos, launching!” Sting declared and took off.
“Auel Neider, Abyss, I'm going.” Auel added, following Sting's example. Turning into mobile armor mode, he dived into the water.

On the Minerva...
“Shinn Asuka, Core Splendor, launching!” Shinn declared, taking off and forming the Blast Impulse in midair.
“Athrun Zala, Savior, launching!” Athrun announced, following Shinn's example.

On the Archangel...
“Damn!” Merci hissed in frustration.
“Let's go.” Kira said.
At everyone's gasp, he explained as he looked at his sister, “Didn't Lacus say it too? First, you must decide.”
“Kira...” Merci blinked at her brother.
“That's why you need to go. Isn't that right?” Kira added.
Murrue nodded at Arnold who immediately took the controls.
“The Archangel is preparing for launch!” he announced.
“Please get out of the way.” Miriallia requested.
At Merci's blink, she added, “You have other things you need to do, right? I'll sit here.”
“Miriallia...” Merci muttered.
“It's reassuring to have you sitting there, but is it really okay? You finally...” Murrue voiced out.
“Yeah. I thought that I wanted to become a photographer because I love everyone in this world. But my love is diminutive compared to the love Lady Chione has for the world.” Miriallia replied as she retook her seat. “Furthermore all that is in danger now. That's why I'm going to help protect them too!”
“I see... thank you!” Murrue beamed.

On the battlefield...
“Here goes!” Auel let out a war cry as he emerged from the water and fired his lasers at Shinn who merely skidded away to avoid the blast. In response, Shinn retaliated by firing his lasers as he hovered on the water. Auel immediately dived back into the water.
In the air, Athrun and Sting were ducking it out, each firing their lasers at each other.
As the ORB's Murasames closed in, the Minerva fired its side volleys to counter. Rey and Lunamaria stayed back to protect the ship.
Elsewhere, the Archangel emerged from the sea and head for Crete.
“Merci Adeline Peacecraft, Epyon Zero, I'm taking off!” Merci announced as she launched in an upgraded version of her grandfather's, Milliardo Peacecraft's Epyon Gundam.
“Kira Yamato, Freedom, launching!” Kira declared as he launched.

SailorStar9: Phew, this chapter is done. Read and review.