Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ A Whisper to an Idle Wind ❯ Sayonara ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: A quick one-shot at an angsty death fic between Athrun and Kira. Enjoy!

Kami: O.O;;

Disclaimer: I don't own it and never will unless I can come up with about a million bucks and it appears on E-bay.

Warning: THIS IS SLASH! You have now been warned...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here I lay, my Love, longing for the time

We'll be together again

Tears in my eyes, confessing my misery

Scars on my arms, reminding that you're gone

Revealing the times I tried to follow you

Athrun lay in his room, the small pocket knife glistening, menacingly, with the hope of joining his deceased Koi.

Kira had died in one of the many bouts. Yzak had gotten up close to his gundam and made the thing blow up taking both his friend's and his love's life.

He told himself that all would be fine. But emotional torture hurts so much more than physical pain, because the torturer would be his self. And he would know exactly which points were his weak spots. And half of his self is seduced, and gives in, all the while the other half assures himself that he'll be okay. But it's all a lie. It's so easy to lie to yourself.

Tears ran down the sides of his face, rushing to meet the already soaked pillow. He hated this feeling of regret and loss. It hurt like nothing else could. This pain hurt worse then broken limbs or the many cuts he already had on his arms. That might have been why the fear of pain was no longer evident in his eyes or on his mind.

So close to Death, but not really touching him

It's hurting not to have you with me

Don't worry, my Love

I will soon be there where you are now

Nothing can really keep us apart

Nothing got to him. His eyes always blank and staring at the wall, but not really staring. The rest of the crew had finally left him alone for there was no way to wake him from the cold and vacant state he was in. It would only get himself killed. But what they didn't realize, is this is what he wanted.

He brought the knife to his arm again slicing just the first layer so it was red and a slit of blood trickled. He wanted to see death dancing before him. But didn't want that dance to drawl keeping him from his love ever longer.

'I'll come. Soon love.' He kept repeating that to himself day and night wether spoken aloud or in his mind. It was just something else ignored by everyone.

More tears followed the first and by now he had that that all his tears had already been cried when he was younger or when the first stages of this hit. But most of the hurt that the war cause both himself and Kira, bottled up in the back of his mind, must have kept these tears special.

With your last wish in mind:

"Come and find me there, I'll always be waiting..."

I defy the world, and myself

The knife cuts deep on fresh wounds

Flirting with Death again, my Love, just for you

Drops of blood slowly start dripping on the floor

He cursed himself and war and everyone, coordinator and natural alike. They were blind if this was the kind of pain that people who had lost loved ones went through.

Over the intercom they'd been arguing and the last he'd seen of his love was of him smiling and forgiving him. But it was so much harder to forgive yourself.

A simple flashback, he'd come to Athrun in his dreams telling him it's alright and that he forgave him. He was waiting and when he was ready to Come and find Kira there, and that he'd wait for always and eternity.

Tired of the pain and empty feeling he severed the main blood path to his hand. It first gushed out of the newest and deepest cut surging forth and falling onto the white sheets. Staining them with his happiness that he knew he was going to meet his beloved.

He could watch Death's dance and court him over, flirting needlessly and telling him he was ready. Death would grin and wait drawling on the moments and the pain. But it was worth it if he was going to meet kira again.

And I'm starting to spin, and I'm starting to fly

and I close my eyes in this eternal sleep

Angel's wings carry me to you

I feel you soft lips, velvet touch on mine,

And your warm embrace, warmer than fire

The room went hazy and everything else seemed further away a distant memory a plague on happy times. Soaring upwards leaving behind the darkness of nothing to a light which only his love could have.

His angel's wings giving off their own light and mingingly with that of Kira's as they entertwined themselves in happy reunion. A smile forever shining one the happy faces of the two. Kira pulled Athrun close and kissed him gaining entrance instantly to explore the sweet cavern of his mouth.

He melted into Kira's embrace and kissed feircly back after the shock had passed. This is what he truly wanted and he was eternally grateful.

We are lost somewhere between

Heaven and Hell, but my Love

We are finally together

Oh, that was my last wish

Finally here at the end of time they rejoiced and give silent thanks. Defying all was their way and Kira's wish and Athrun's had been fufilled and when Athrun died to come join Kira he made sure he was smiling in contented bliss.

~OwArI~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Well that's it. ^_^

Kami: You've lost it...

DSK: Ja ne!