Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam SEED Awakening ❯ PHASE-4: Time To End This!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PHASE-4: Time To End This!!

Eric sighed as he leaned against a bulkhead in the hanger of the Archangel looking over his damaged Astray lying safely in a repair cradle with Murdochs techs swarming over it trying to get some details on the damages of the unit. He was so absorbed by the sight he didn”t notice someone placing a water bottle in his hands. Finally he noticed the cold bottle of his skin, which made him looked over to see Fiona standing next to him showered and in a female EA enlisted uniform, which made her look more beautiful then ever before. Her long black hair now washed fell down her back in a ponytail instead of the bun she had in when she was in her pilot suit. Her green eyes now glowed with happiness that added to her natural beauty. Finally her body now was easier to see thanks to the tight fitting uniform. After a few moments inpecting her he saw that she was chuckling in humor for his jaw was on the floor. Realizing this Eric snapped it shut and smiled at her.

“You look nice Fiona,” he said with a grin looking her over again which caused her to blush red in embarrassment.

“Well you look like ,” she retorted with a smile once she had recovered from her embarrassment and shock. Eric blinked then laughed at her comment.

“Well it looks I do Fiona but I still have a lot to do,” he answered sorrowfully again looking at mecha in front of him.

“Yeah Eric I know there is more stuff to do out there but right now just try to be happy okay,” she said with a smile as she slipped herself into an embrace with him. It was his turn to blush in embarrassment. Smiling he closed his eyes to enjoy the moment as it was. They were woken from their paradise when Murdoch jumped over to them.

“Yeah you two love birds the Captain wants to see you guys in the briefing room pronto,” he said with a friendly smile that made both blush. But ignoring that small fact they nodded and head for the briefing room hand in hand.


------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Eric sighed when the two of them arrived at the packed briefing room and managed to find some seats next to his three remaining pilots. Both Brianna and Brian like him were still in their pilots suits and gotten a power nap. But Fletcher was in his uniform and by the wet hair Eric knew that he had taken shower while his teammates hadn't which now made the other two start to raze the poor Warrant Officer. It appeared they gotten over the death of Nathan Samuels and were having some fun. Once he sat down in the seat next to Brianna he managed to get his first look at his two other pilots. Brain had short spiked blond hair and blue eyes, with a body full of muscle. Fletcher wore his black hair short but not short as his friend, and had brown eyes, while he was skinny but still muscular. Finally the trio noticed Eric and Fiona sitting next to them and saluted Eric but looked questionably at Fiona.

“At right guys come down you can duke it out later,” Eric said with a smile and turned his attention to the rooms other occupants. The first person her realized was a blond tomboy looking girl leaning in the front of the room, next was a short black hair man standing next to the blond. The way the two were standing and how close they were Eric guessed that they were an item. He then noticed Miri and couple guys from the bridge crew sitting with a blond hair man in a red vest like those of the Orb Pilots. He was then brought to reality by Brianna at his side.

“Yeah Eric you mind me asking who's the girl next to you,” she asked with a frown. Eric smiled as he looked over at Fiona who like him was inspecting the rest of the room after a wave to Miri which the other girl returned with a smile, before turning back to their little group.

“Sorry Brianna were are my matters this is Fiona Rose the ZAFT pilot who made me remember that night and brought my true self back from the grave were I buried it,” Eric replied with a sad smile. Brianna nodded and shook Fiona”s hand, along with the other two pilots who had heard about the “night” Eric was referring to.

“So you are the one who brought our Eric back,” Brianna said with a smile as she thanked her. Fiona smiled in response and turned her attention to the arriving Captain Ramius and the VID-Screens displaying the other leaders of the Clyne faction.

“Alright listen up it appears that ZAFT managed to repair GENSIS from a lucky shot from an Alliance Mobile Armor and will fire in another twenty minutes. Most likely it will fire at Earth killing a lot of people on the ground. We can not allow this to happen, so the Kusanagi and the Eternal will head towards the GENESIS and either destroy it or disciple it, secondly a recent defector to our cause Chief Warrant Officer Alex Logan has reported that supply ships have arrived from Earth with more nukes. The Noble III and a strike force lead by Lieutenant Anderson will sneak past enemy lines and destroy them,” Lacus Clyne the leader of their faction said with a frown from her own ship the Eternal. Several people in the room nodded in response to her orders.

“What about the Archangel Lacus,” the black haired boy in front of the room asked. Murrue stepped up to the address them and to answer that question.

“The Archangel will stay behind for we had received many damages while fighting the Dominion and as well as holding a escape route open for the other ships to retreat to,” Murrue replied with a frown. The other man nodded briefly but looked over Lacus's image again.

“Okay what about the Noble III Lacus, a single battleship couldn't possibly bypass the EA fleet even if their lines were weak we would bound to lose a lot of men on a attack of that sort,” he asked again with a frown. Lacus surprised them all with a smile and an evil chuckle, at least all but Eric who was smiling as well.

“That's simple really Lieutenant Anderson you mind explaining this, since Major Wells is busy preparing his ship for its role in this operation”“ Lacus asked with a grin. Eric nodded and stood up so everyone could see him.

“Yes ma'am, the Noble III is equipped with a Mirage Colloid Generator which will allow it to cloak it self much like the Blitz Gundam, the side effect of this is that we can”t stay cloak for a long time or we could fry the MC Generator as well as suck power from other systems,” Eric replied with a smile even though the side effects could be dangerous. Jaws were dropping all around the room besides the blond Orb pilot, Eric, and Lacus.

“Thank you Lieutenant well there you have it, anymore questions before we begin”“ Lacus continued on once the others recovered.

“Yes Miss Clyne my Astray will not be repaired in time for the operation what can I pilot”“ Eric asked once he remembered that his Mobile Suit was laying in a hanger repair cradle with one of its legs destroyed.

“Well sir you can use that Astray you saw in the hanger in when you defected my guys have it all fixed up and ready for some action,” Murdoch replied from the back of the room were he was leaning against the wall. Eric nodded in relief and turned his attention back to the others in the room who had a lot of questions. Once the briefing was done they started to file out of the room heading to their assigned stations. After saying farewell to Fiona Eric followed Murdoch to the hanger were he asked him to test out the Astray for he wanted some time on it before the fighting started and he wanted to be prepared.

“Sure thing sir, since the main battle has drifted away from us you can but be warned you only have limited time you might want to pick your pilots for the strike team before going out since we have only like ten minutes before the operation starts,” Murdoch replied with a smile. Eric nodded and quickly informed his surviving team excluding Fletcher for his MS was out of action for a while to get ready, along with a couple of Astray pilots that the captain had informed him would be part of his team. After that was done he headed back to the hangar and quickly brought his new MS out to test out.


-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------


“Jeez this thing handles beautiful and the reaction time is a lot better then Daggers,” he commented to himself with a smile for he never had time before to enjoy the Mobile Suit, but he was interrupted by a flash of light not far from his position. So after he reported it he went to investigate and saw that the Aile Strike Gundam was about to bite it from another more lethal looking Gundam. Eric growled and fired at the other undam knowing that he probably wouldn”t survive in a fight against a pilot you could bring the Hawk of Endymion down like that, defiantly with a MS that he knew very little about. But before the enemy Gundam could move towards him another Gundam put it self between the enemy and the Strike. It was the Freedom!

“Pilot get Lieutenant La Flaga back to the Archangel,” the Freedom”s pilot Kira Yamanto ordered.

“Yes sir,” Eric replied even though he most likely out ranked him anyways, he couldn”t ignore the kid”s record and for that he respectfully called him that. So he grabbed hold of the damaged Strike and started to tow it back to the ship.

“Archangel, Emergency, I have the Strike Gundam and it is very heavily damaged I need immediate clearance to land,” he reported once he contacted the ship again. He barely heard Miri”s reply for he was heading directly towards the recovery hatch. Once inside he set down the Strike in a repair cradle right next to his Astray and immediately launched again for the Noble III was ready. He quickly headed over to the battleship and slipped into the MS sized hatch on the side into the ships hanger, which had its MA, racks thrown out to make room for the Mobile Suits. Even then the MS had to kneel instead of standing upright like in the Archangel. After the techs locked down his Astray he started to power it down and jump out to briefly greet the head tech before heading for the bridge to report in.


--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
Eric smiled as he walked on the bridge to find Adam in his command seat, but it soon disappeared for the lights had dimmed and a couple of bridge stations shut down for the MC Generator had gone online and the Engineering officer had started to conserve energy for the trek through the EA fleet.
“Major Wells, Lieutenant Anderson reporting that all Mobile Suits are ready and waiting sir,” Eric said at perfect full attention and a salute. Adam looked over at him with a smile as the ship started pull away from the others on a course towards the EA fleet.

“Well Lieutenant lets keep it that way, I want your men to stay on Stat-Five in the event that the power goes out or the Generator burns out,” Adam ordered now back to business. Eric nodded and started to head out of the bridge.

“Wait Lieutenant, we have the Buster Dagger pilot that defected and gave us this information onboard and he will be under your command,” Adam said handing over a dossier to Eric. Eric nodded and exited the bridge for the hanger.


----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------


As the Noble III started its mission Fiona looked out at endless space it was in only moments before. Behind her Jackie Tenomura sat in the Captain”s chair having put in charge by Captain Ramius who had rushed down to the sick bay to check on her boyfriend Lieutenant Commander Muu Le Flaga. She would be back in a few minutes, just then the other two ships of the Clyne Faction ignited their engines and started to head for the GENESIS Canon. Flying alongside the two ships were the remaining Astrays and a few Strike Daggers that managed to defect like her and Eric. Also the Strike Rouge Gundam, and the Justice Gundam were flying alongside as well. While the Freedom after helping Eric save Lieutenant Commander Le Flaga disappeared again presumably after the new enemy Gundam. Just then she was jolted out of her thought by Captain Ramius arriving back on the bridge, everybody stopped what they were doing to look at her.

“Ma'am how is the Lieutenant”“ Miri broke the ice with her question knowing relationship between the two. Fiona knew that the Lieutenant Commander had rubbed off on everyone with his friendly attitude and his charisma, no in the room right now wanted to know that he was not going to make it.

“He's fine guys just in a coma, the doc thinks that he will be out of it pretty soon,” Murrue said with a sad smile, which made the others sigh in relief and then got back to work. But something was bothering Fiona about the Captain”s face and the way she floated over to her chair, which Jackie quickly vacated.

“Captain what else is wrong”“ Fiona asked as she turned to address her. Murrue looked down at her in shock but sighed anyways.

“Everybody the doc says that the Muu may not ever pilot a mobile in combat ever again for his legs were pretty beat up from having the Strike”s control console collapsing on his legs,” Murrue reported with sadly which earned several shocked gasps and sighs from the rest of the bridge crew.

“Captain listen to me the one thing that I have learned from having my older brother disabled is that yes they may be mad at themselves for being weak, but you have to tell them that no it was not for they are still strong, they are strong in their heart, and that is all that matters,” Fiona lectured with a smile that made the others crack a grin or smile in response. It made Murrue cheer and crack a smile but the moment was broken by the former ZAFT pilot Dearka Elsman who was on sentry duty outside the ship with a pair of older GINNs that Lacus managed to get to defect.

“Archangel, several contacts heading our way and fast,” the Coordinator pilot reported with an intense tone. This broke the moment in the bridge as the well-trained and experienced bridge crew snapped into action.


----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------


Out in space behind the EA fleet seven ships cruised peacefully knowing that they were safe way out here were no evil Coordinators would get them. Three of the ships were big old supply ships while the others were warships escorting them to the re-supply point. The Escorts were only 130m Class and the crews knew that if any enemy ships made it past the fleet they would be just a road bump in their path to the supply ships. Like this one instance as to the amazement of the crews of both escorts and supply ships a ship shimmered into view. At first the crews took a collected sigh of relief for it was only a 250m Class Battleship, but soon changed into a cry of horror as the ship opened fire with its main guns on the closest escort shredding the little ship apart. As the Escort Ships raced to present themselves between the new enemy and their charges the supply ships started squawking SOSs. But soon the ship unloaded seven mobile suits from its hangar, which quickly disposed of the Moebius units that managed to launch from the ships.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------


Eric smiled as they caught the supply fleet completely by surprise and the slaughter began. This usually would make Eric mad but he knew that those supply ships were carrying nukes to re-supply the EA fleet with them, as demonstrated by the much larger explosion of the ships as the Noble III finished them off. Eric nodded satisfied and started to head back to the ship for they need to take out the one other fleet and the re-supply point. Once Eric docked the Noble III disappeared from view once more, just in time as a mixed unit of Moebius and Strike Daggers arrived to find the fleet in ruins.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------


Back aboard the Archangel the Strike Daggers and the 250m Class that appeared to challenge them were ruthlessly pounding the already damaged ship. The Strike Daggers quickly dispatched the two GINNs that were protecting the ship, but the Buster Gundam was still in the fight and Fiona was piloting the ship like no other. She managed to dodge a good 60 of the Battleships shots at them. Meanwhile the Archangel was returning the favor with their Linear Canons, Beam Canons and Missiles for the main Lohengrin canons were disabled by the first attack from the enemy battleship. Just when it looked grim for the Archangel two things happened to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. First was a trio of 130m Class Escort ships shimmered into view and unleashing their entire loadouts pointblank into the battleship shredding it to pieces. Secondly another Gundam made an appearance and started to ruthlessly attack the Strike Daggers with both Beam Rifle and Beam Sabers, killing the remaining mecha. This was the Duel Gundam and it quickly even the score with the enemy. For like the third time that day the entire crew of the Archangel jaws dropped in surprise. Now this was shocker for them and Fiona summed it all up for the others.

“WOW!” was all she managed to say as the escort ships started to drop into a escort formation around the ship. Also the two Gundams of Dearka and Yzak clasped hands and start vigilant watch along the Escort Ships own Moeibus Units.

tbc...