Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ How Did I Get So Lucky? ❯ How Did I Get So Lucky? ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

How'd I Get So Lucky?

By: Rachel Graves

Note: This is my second-ish fanfic for Gundam Seed. It kinda sucks, so be gentle. Thank you! Oh! By the way…Gundam Seed does not belong to me, neither do the characters in it. Damn it!

Dearka sat in the car, smiling back as he watched the little baby boy with blonde hair sleeping in the car seat behind him. Every now and then he'd also glance to the little blonde haired girl with blue eyes sitting on the right window side playing with her leap pad learner. And every so often he'd let out a content sigh that caused the little girl to look over at him. Dearka couldn't remember a time before where he had ever been so happy with his life.

He had used to be a "playboy", hitting on anyone that looked nice and had two legs. While he was in the Academy he had slept with almost every single one of the girls on the campus, which on the entire campus wasn't that many, but it was quite a few for a single teen to have been with. He had broken a good many hearts, male and female, and he had been a total sarcastic jerk through almost every point in his life up until the past five years. In his mind he didn't deserve the happiness he had received.

But there he was, twenty-two years old, with a lover and two kids, both of which were physically his. This was a point in his life that he had almost wished his father truly and honestly supported.

He and his father had always had their scuffles, and they always stayed with Dearka. Even now in his happiness, all the harsh things his father had ever said to him cut into him as deep as humanly possible with words. They had bickered about everything from how Dearka wore his hair, right down to his choice in lovers.

But that didn't matter now. All Dearka saw were the two sweet faces sitting in the back seat, thinking to himself how lucky he was and that even though he thought it could never happen, that they were his. The miracles of science had pulled through for him again. He had always thought that his option of having a family was a very limited field until a scientist on PLANT took genetics to a new level. The process of combining two cells, no matter what type, to create a living and breathing child. And after seeing the results of the first time resulting in his beautiful daughter, it took little to know time before his son was "born".

It wasn't long before Dearka had insisted on getting a nice house that he could truly start a family in. Athrun and Cagalli had, why shouldn't he? And in no time that house was his. A nice house with a three-car garage, four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a nice big backyard where his kids could play with their dog and one their swing set once they got older. Sure it wasn't what an aristocrat was used to, but it was a place where the scores on a spelling test would be more important than how much money they had later on when his children got older.

His lovely daydream was interrupted, though by the sound of the passenger door opening and closing. He smiled over at his lover and then leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"How was the meeting?"

"Long…boring…what can you expect from half the people who sit at that table?"

Dearka smiled and shook his head as he once again started the car, Yzak looking in the back seat at the two children with the gentlest smile Dearka had ever seen.

He had always remembered Yzak being so cold and brutal. He had always been sarcastic and pissy and always had to be at the top of every competition, and when he wasn't he threw a temper tantrum just like a little kid. But now he seemed so much calmer. He had seemed so ever since he had gotten his scar removed. Dearka guessed that it was Yzak's way of forgiving Kira for the wound he had given him.

Maybe it was just that Yzak had matured, that he didn't feel the need to act as he once did anymore. Or maybe it was their family. Maybe Yzak had a reason to be a better example now that he had two sets of young ears always listening. Whatever it was though, it certainly made Dearka love him a whole lot more.

He liked this gentle Yzak that loved his children with all his might, and loved him with all his might.

He smiled once again as they started towards home, the only thing on his mind was something that his father had always bugged him about that he now had the answer to. His father never seemed to understand that love didn't care about a gender. He didn't seem to understand that love was simply a bond so strong between two people that it transcended all boundaries of human existence.

And the last thing that came into Dearka's head as they turned the corner was how he got so lucky.