Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Honor of a Knight ❯ PHASE Zero: Before the Spark ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the anime series known as Mobile Suit Gundam SEED or its Manga side story Mobile Suit Gundam ASTRAY nor do I own anything from the SEED MSV that I may include in this Fanfiction.. I only own my own characters and mecha that I have created for the purpose of this story. At least all but the Character of Brian Carter and his Gundam known as the Hi-Wing Gundam, for they are owned by my friend RX-79(BC) and are not owned in any part by yours truly.
 
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Honor of a Knight
A Mobile Suit Gundam SEED AU Novella Written by, William R. Woods “Deathzealot”
 
 
Author Foreword:
 
May I present the rewritten, renamed, and not mention much better version of my first SEED AU Freedom of the Heart. I had finally decided to rewrite the story entirely for I realized I was kind of disappointed with where the story was heading both in its written format and in my head. So I went back to the old drawing board to come up with Honor of a Knight. The Knight part in the title will refer to a new character that I will be adding to the story, Brain Carter. If you want to know why it refers to him you might want to read on.
 
Anyways like FOH Flay Allster will be removed from the story to make room for my own character that I have come up with to replace her. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Flay it is just I want try something a little bit new since everybody else seems to be adding an extra character and Gundam to the mix. So I just what to do something really different to make this story stand out and this is what I came up with. All normal characters (Kira, Mu, Murrue, Mirri, etc) will stay as they are, the only difference is that Kira and Athrun will not meet up in Heliopolis (the Aegis will be outside with the Buster, Duel, and Blitz) which shall change the battles a little bit.
 
However unlike FOH the story will start just before the series does to better introduce some OCs that I am introducing into the story. This will start about a month before the attack on Heliopolis, and will immediately jump a few days before, however I assure you the reader that by the end of PHASE 1 the story will we caught up accordingly.
 
Finally last but certainly not the least, when I first started to plan the storyline for FOH, I was in the middle of reading Bondfan's excellent Story of Heroes. However now as I sit here planning for HOK I am currently reading Solid Shark's also excellent Birds of a Feather. These stories along with others gave me the spark I needed to get my but into gear to write my own AU Version of SEED, and so I must thank all those who had the same spark to create an AU of SEED. I say thank you!
 
Now please I ask you to either review or email me on what you think of my story here, and please be honest that's all I ask. Okay thank you all in advance and let's get things moving shall we!
 
-William R. Woods
March 22, 2006
 
 
Dramatis Persona
 
Earth Alliance/ O.N.M.I Enforcer
 
Kira Yamato - A young sixteen year old teenager living on the colony of Heliopolis who goes to a university on the colony. He also happens to be a Coordinator which means that he is usually getting all the extra work for the Professor. Once the colony was attacked by ZAFT forces he finds himself thrown into battle to not only save his friends who got stuck with him on the Earth Alliance Warship Archangel, but the world as well.
 
Fiona Alexander - The girlfriend to young Kira, who also lives on the colony of Heliopolis. Since she too is a Coordinator she helps Kira in all the extra work he is assigned by the teacher. Unlike Kira, Fiona is far more vocal in concerns and goes on to be Kira largest supporter in battle, since she like the others was thrown into battle protecting her friends.
 
Sai Argyle- Sai is one of Kira's friends, even though his father is a minor noble of the Orb Union while Kira is only a normal civilian of Orb. Once on board the Archangel he becomes a crack ECM and ECCM Specialist.
 
Miriallia Haw- The other female friend of Kira, and helps Fiona keep the boys out of trouble. Not only that she is the girlfriend of Tolle. On the Archangel she becomes the Parasite Controller, relaying orders to the ship's group of Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors.
 
Tolle Koenig- Miriallia' boyfriend and one of Kira's closest friends. He is the joker of the group and tries to keep the others happy. When the Archangel entered his life he became the ship's copilot.
 
Kuzzey Buskirk- The final member of Kira's group of friends, and probably the only one who has some prejudice against coordinators like Kira and Fiona. Not only that he tends to be a coward sometimes. However once aboard the Archangel he becomes the ships Communications Operator.
 
O.N.M.I (Earth Alliance)
 
Lieutenant Mu La Flagga - The so called Hawk of Endymion and most likely once the best mobile armor pilots in the Earth Forces. He pilots a prototype Moebius Zero unit and is one of the few pilots able to pilot one. He is also one of like three survivors of the famed Zero Corps. On the Archangel he becomes the Parasite Commander for the ship.
 
Lieutenant Murrue Ramius - One of the few officers to survive the attack, and suddenly finds herself the acting Captain of the Archangel. As the story progresses she becomes a sort of a older sister figure to the young volunteers.
 
Lieutenant Junior Grade Ian Godard - The wisecracking, smart-ass wingmate of Mwu and is the second survivor of the Zero Corps. However his own Zero was badly damaged in a battle and was scrapped. He now pilots a “vanilla” Moebius Unit customized with a white paint job and a large Gatling canon replacing the usual Linear Canon.
 
Ensign Natarle Badgiruel - The bad cop to Murrue's good cop, Natarle is another surviving officer and quickly becomes the ship's XO. However unlike Murrue Natarle is a by the books type officer and won't take any disorderly conduct from the crew. Thankfully she is also a brilliant tactical analyst which saves the ship numerous times.
 
Chief Petty Officer Arnold Neumann - The ranking non-commissioned officer aboard the ship and becomes the ship's third in command behind Natarle. Not only that he quickly becomes the pilot of Archangel. If either of the two officers are not on the bridge you bet you will see the steady Arnold in the command seat.
 
Petty Officer 2nd Class Jackie Tonomura - Another member of the Archangel's original crew. He joins Mirri and Sai in the CIC as the radar specialist.
 
Petty Officer 2nd Class Dalida Lolaha Chandra II - The final member of the ships CIC he helps Sai with ECM and ECCM stations. Not only that he is in charge of the ships complement of civilian volunteers.
 
Petty Officer 2nd Class Romero Pal - Another of the ships operators, however unlike Kuzzey he is the Operator for the fire-control station.
 
Chief Petty Officer Kojiro Murdoch - The chief mechanic and engineer of the ship. Mr. Murdoch and his cadre of talented mechanics are responsible for not only keeping the ship repaired but to keep the ships Mobile Suits and Mobile Armor parasites in working order.
 
United Emirates of Orb (Orb Union)
 
Major Brain Carter - An officer of Orb on loan to the Earth Alliance at Heliopolis to advise them in Mobile Suit operations. Since before becoming a Major in the Orb Armed Forces, he was a ZAFT pilot and was called the White Knight of Jachin Due. For not only his compassion for both ally and enemy alike but for the white cross he has painted on all of his Mobile Suits. Now back on the soil of his birth he pledged to protect his homeland and will stop at nothing to keep it.
 
Cagalli Yula Athha - The daughter of the Chief Representative of the Orb Union and is an old friend of Brain before he went off to join ZAFT at fifteen. Now she looks to get to know her old friend better. However his assignment to Heliopolis has put her plans on hold, but she does find out about some sort of project going on at Heliopolis and manages to sneak onto the colony to find out for herself.
 
Zodiac Alliance of Free Treaty (Z.A.F.T)
 
Athrun Zala - The other hero of the story, and a old friend of both Kira and Fiona. However this war has found them on opposites ends of the war, and Athrun is forced to fight his two best friends. Which puts a huge emotional burden on the young man, and he wonders if he has to kill his friends.
 
Yzak Joule - The hotheaded wingmate of Dearka, who hates Athrun with a passion since the other boy constantly overcomes him. However secretly he respects Athrun, but he would never admit that.
 
Dearka Elsman - The smart-ass wingmate of Yzak, he also hates Athrun though his reason is that Athrun is just simply an idiot. However like Yzak he respects Athrun, and would follow him anywhere no matter how much of an idiot he is.
 
Nicol Amalfi - The shy wingmate of Athrun, he happens to be Athrun's only ally and friend in the Le Creuset Team. Nicol respects Athrun a lot and is willing to die for him.
 
Commander Rau Le Creuset - The mysterious commander of the Le Creuset Team, No one knows much about this masked man. But many think he has his own personal agenda, and will stop at nothing to see it through.
 
Captain Fredrik Ades - The captain of Commander Le Creuset's flagship Vesiliuas and is loyal only to Rau. However he has a sense of tactics that rivals his commanders.
 
 
(This list shall change once new characters are introduced and if any character changes at all so make sure to check back here for any updates. Also you may notice that I am using Army Ranks for Orb Military personal since many Orb Military I see both in SEED and Destiny they have those ranks. )
 
PHASE Zero: Before the Spark
 
"Wars are like fires, they only need a spark to get them started and if they do start it take a lot to put them out if left unattended . However fires only need water or similar to put them out, while wars need something much worse to put it out and that my friends is...blood!"
 
-Reverend Malchio in a conference with leaders from Earth and the PLANTs
 
Morgenroete Inc. Facility
Onogoro Island, Orb Union
November 24, C.E 70
 
On the coast of Onogoro white foaming waves constantly beat against the rocky shore of the Orb Union. Standing on one of the said rocks was Major Brain Carter, the young man wearing the red and blue of Morgenroete, watched as the waves hit again and again with little luck against the strong shore. Major Carter even though only seventeen had seen and lived through war. For he was once known as the White Knight of Jachin Due, a ZAFT Ace who had left ZAFT and the PLANTs to go back to his native land of Orb where he was born. He was no longer the hot blooded young fool full of revenge who left for PLANTs to fight. Brain was now part of the Orb Self Defense Forces and in charge of the Wing Project, since he was a decent engineer beside being a pretty good pilot not to mention his experience in piloting Mobile Suits. However his project was being rejected in favor of the Astray Project hence his reason for standing on the shore bleeding off some anger.
 
“Major! There's a Call for you!” called an engineer from the disguised personal entrance to the underground facility that he had been working in for the past few months. Brain blinked and turned to look at the other man and just nodded seeing the man back inside. The brooding pilot/engineer slipped on his red vest once more before running to the entrance were he saw the same engineer holding out a phone. Brain thanked the young engineer before cradling the phone with his shoulder as he worked to close the entrance.
 
“Major Carter here,” he said with a frown as the doors slowly closed before him blocking out the load roar of the crashing waves.
 
“Major, Lord Uzumi requests your presence at the Parliament House immediately,” came the order from an aide on the other side of the line.
 
“Yes Sir, I'll be there as soon as possible,” Brain replied before hanging the receiver back onto the cradle of the phone. Sighing Brain went to change before heading back to the Capital to report to his country's leader.
 
Parliament House
The Capital, Orb Union
 
Brain now in the blue and black of the OSDF walked through the halls towards the office of the leader of the entire Orb Union. Normally someone in his position would be nervous about speaking to Lord Uzumi; however this was not Brain's first visit to see the Chief Representative. In fact he had been constantly seeing the man since he had been put in charge of the Wing Project. Brain was now nodding to all the other officers and Representatives wondering the halls of the large building. However he did not make it to the Office, as somebody tackled him to the floor with a curse, and then suddenly found himself staring into the hazel eyes of his childhood friend Cagille Yula Attha as she stared intently at him.
 
“Hi Cagille,” he said with a sheepish grin his anger temporally forgotten, knowing why she had tackled him in front of several military officers and some of her father's fellow Representatives. Since he had basically not talked or even looked at her since he had started his work.
 
“Is that all you can say to me Brain, you never write, or talk to me since you started working for father, nor have you even looked at me since you arrived back in Orb” Cagille said to him using some her dreaded anger at him. Brain flinched as she pushed him a little harder into the floor.
 
“Hmmm… Cagille can you let me up before everybody gets the wrong idea about us,” Brain quipped with a grin watching her looking around the hall seeing several amused faces around her and her following blush as she realized that everybody in the hall where now looking at them. Cagille cried out in shock and surprise before letting him get back onto his feet.
 
“Brain come and see me after you are done talking to Father please,” she requested before taking off uniform tassels flying behind her. Brain grinned since he liked her uniform, though he still liked seeing her in dresses from time to time, though he knew if he even mentioned that he would be dead. Shaking his head with yet another grin he resumed his walk to Lord Uzumi's Office noticing the looks everybody was now giving him. Rolling his eyes as he finally stepped into the foyer of the man's office. The secretary upon seeing him quickly rushed him into the main office of the Leader of Orb. Brain flinched as the heavy oak doors closed with a bang behind him, before he finally looked at the gray haired man sitting at the large desk reading through a file before him.
 
“Milord, Major Brain Carter reporting as ordered sir," Brain said snapping to attention and saluting the older man before him as he looked up from his reading to look at him.
 
“At ease Brain, you know you don't have to salute me,” Uzumi said with a small smile standing up from his desk and waving from Brain to take a seat before him.
 
“Well habits kind of stick to me sir and beside I didn't think this was going to be a formal visit,” Brain said with a smaller smile his anger and sadness coming back in full force. Uzumi flinched at his tone but let it drop since Brain had every right to be mad.
 
“Yes I guess it's not, however I assure you I did not know of the Seiran's or the Sahaku's deal with the Earth Alliance,” Uzumi said with a angry frown as he threw the report he was reading against his desk angrily but not directed at Brain. It was Brain's turn to flinch for he did not want to be mad at Uzumi for he knew that very fact but his anger got the better of him.
 
“I know that Milord and I dreadfully sorry for my earlier tone,” Brain replied with a grimace, however Uzumi only waved it off.
 
“Brain you have every right to be angry, anyways back to business for I am sure you are wondering why I called you here,” Uzumi said back to smiling as he sat back down indicting Brain to do the same which Brain gladly did having been on his feet most of the day.
 
“Now that is out of the way I want you Brain to head for Heliopolis and be my eyes and ears. For you know I don't trust either the Seirans or the Sahakus, and I defiantly don't trust the Earth Alliance. However for a cover, you are going to be loaned to the Earth Alliance as a technical advisor,” Uzumi said with a very rare grin on his face, which Brain copied perfectly.
 
“Yes sir, I can't wait to see those racist Alliance slugs flinch when they find out that the White Knight of Jachin Due is going to be “advising” them,” Brain said with a chuckle, even though he knew that not everybody in the EA fit that label.
 
“So anyways sir, when do I leave?” Brain asked now back to business. Uzumi opened a door in his desk and picked up a white envelope out of it before handing it to him.
 
“In there are your orders and travel visa, they expect you up there the 26th so you have plenty of time to finish your work at Morgenroete,” Uzumi ordered as Brain took the envelope from the other man before slipping it into one of his pockets on his uniform jacket as he got up from his chair.
 
“Thank you Milord,” Brain said saluting once more and started to exit the office when Uzumi stopped him for a moment.
 
“By the way Brian I think you should at least spend some of that time with Cagille for she has missed you,” Uzumi said with yet another smile on his face, this one a fatherly one he rarely used at all only in the presence of Brain and Cagille.
 
“I will do that, for if I don't I'm sure she would kill me if I didn't,” he replied with a grin before finally walking out of the office in slightly better spirits when he walked in. The secretary smiled at him as he stepped out of the office. Brain nodded at her and quickly made his way to his house to change before going to the Athha Mansion.
 
 
Brain smiled as the Athha's family butler let him into the mansion, the older man smiled back at him as he started to lead the young man to his mistress's champers knowing exactly why he was here today. Once there Brian silently slipped in the series of rooms that where sit aside for Cagille's use. He stopped in awe when he saw a picture hanging near the door that nearly sent him to his knees in surprise. For the picture showed a young brown haired boy of about twelve or thirteen smiling at the camera with his arm thrown over a young blond haired girl's shoulder, both kids had their fingers shaped in Vs. Behind the kids was a group of adults, two men and a single women looking down the kids with smiles on their faces.
 
“Surprised Brain?” asked a soft feminine voice behind him, Brain turned to find Cagille looking at him as she leaned against a wall one that lead to her bedroom. Brain then noticed her uniform was gone replaced with comfortable green baggy pants and a tight red t-shirt.
 
“Yes I can't believe you kept this picture after so long, for after this picture my parents died and then I just went down hill from there. It was the last time we where all together being happy,” he said with a sorrowful look in his eyes as he took another glance at the picture. Brain's parents Alexander and Fiona Carter where minor nobles of the Orb aristocracy and where always friends with the Athha family. They always supported one another in anything from a battle to politics. However Brain's grandparents decided to make their children Coordinators and hence his parents where constantly targeted by Blue Cosmos. One day they got lucky ending up making one teenage boy survive without his parents. Brain in a fit of anger pushed everything he ever knew, friends, the rest of his family, and even his own very best friend away from him before joining the ZAFT academy at fourteen.
 
“Yes even though I was hurt you pushed me away, I always looked at that picture to remind me of all the good times we had together. However you came back to us, but you never once came back here to apologize to me,” Cagille said with some emotion in her voice which was very different for her since she always went out of the way to be strong, to never cry. Brain having been pulled from his memories by her answer turned to look at the girl everyone thought was his friend, but in reality was the girl he loved, his one and only soulmate. Right then and there he realized that he hurt her more then he thought he ever could. Wasting no time cursing himself Brain quickly wrapped his arms around Cagille and hugged her tight.
 
“No excuse can say how sorry I am for hurting you, and not even coming back to even try to fix my mistake. Truthfully I was afraid, afraid what you would think of me, afraid that you hate me for I had down, and afraid that you would no longer want me beside you in your time of need. So Cagille I am no longer going to be a coward and say it right here and now. Cagille I am dreadfully sorry and I will use every fiber in my being to make it up to you” Brain said with a smile as he looked down at the mob of blond hair lay against his chest. Cagille tilted her head back looking into Brain's face, with her chocolate brown eyes and smiled back.
 
“Apology accepted, and here I thought you weren't a poet,” she said with a smile. Brain smiled right back but suddenly found himself on his but looking at the ceiling as Cagille took off.
 
“Why you...” Brain growled out and dashed after laughing princess. From his spot outside the door Uzumi Nala Attha smiled as he watched the two race around the rooms. Shaking his head Uzumi made his way to his office to finish some paperwork he brought with him from the Parliament House. The two teens where together for the rest of day, talking, joking, and just enjoying each others company. The next day they went out and had some fun around the city, granted with a heavy bodyguard but still they had fun. Then finally Brian left for Heliopolis the twenty-six and gently said good-bye to his friend and promised her he would be back when he was done with his duties on the colony. However they would not see each other for a long time, as the spark was ignited and Brain was once again caught in the middle of the war.
 
12th Special MAS Barracks
7th Orbital Fleet
Ptolemaeus Lunar Base
November 25, C.E 70
 
A lone Moebius Zero flew almost touching the gray lunar surface as the the pilot desperately tried to escape a CGUE Mobile Suit on his tail. Bullets where flying all around the white painted unit as its pilot a Lieutenant Junior Grade Ian Goddard curse the enemy pilot for playing with him.
 
Damn space monster stop playing and get serious here,” he shouted to himself as he flung Mobile Armor to the side just in time to avoid another stream of bullets. Ian cursed as the enemy pilot finally landed a hit on his single remaining gun pod, which Ian frantically detached the smoking weapon just in time as it exploded. Suddenly the battle behind him erupted in a brilliant white sphere taking both friend and foe to death. Ian's eyes widened as the sphere grew and heading straight for his own little portion of the battle. Cursing he tried to increase his speed but to no avail. He suddenly crashed into his controls as his Zero flipped end over end before resting in the soft lunar dust. However Ian was now on the brink of unconscious and his Zero was totaled with half of the unit now gone or laying spread around the crash. The pursuing CGUE who miraculously survived the explosion hovered for a minute over the crash before lifting its single remaining arm and fired a white flare before boosting away from the downed Zero leaving the pilot alive and well.
 
Ian Goddard woke with a start as his dream came to a close. Sighing the young pilot wiped the sweat off his face and once again wondered why the enemy Mobile Suit had launched a flare which managed to save his life. The flare was seen by a Drake-Class Escort limping away from the battle, if the enemy pilot had never launched a flare no on would have found him in time to save his life. Sighing once more Ian slipped out of his bunk before heading for the small bathroom attached to his room. Inside the tiny space that served as a bathroom, Ian slowly turned the faucet on letting the clean, clear water to fall from the silver faucet. After a brief moment of Ian looking into the mirror which like the room was pretty small, smaller then a normal mirror in a civilian use bathroom. As he looked into the mirror that memory played over and over in his head. Sighing the pilot shook his head before shoving his head underneath the cold shower of water. Ian gurgled for a minute before removing his now soaking head from the water. After grabbing a nearby towel he shut off the water and furiously drying his head. Once done Ian shook his head slightly before sighing in frustration and getting ready for the day ahead of him.
 
 
Ian slipped out of his room and into the brightly lit main hallway of the 12th Special Mobile Armor Squadron barracks. The 12th was his latest assignment, and most likely the best he had since the Zero Corps all that time ago. Since he was once again under the command of the famous Hawk of Endymion and several other Grimaldi veterans where in the squad. As if on cue the Hawk himself came around the corner to spy his wingmate moping along the hallway.
 
“Yeah Nova thinking of that dream again or dare I say it thinking of a woman,” Mu's voice cut through the younger man's thoughts and which in response speared the other man with a glare. One for mentioning his nickname and the other joking around about his lack of a love life. Ian had been named the Nova Hawk at the battle of Nova where had brought down a Laurasia Class Frigate, and over three Mobile Suits. Not mention protecting a damaged Hospital Ship. Since his nickname sounded so similar to Mu's many people just called him the Nova. Others with a sense of humor would go around and called the two of them the Double Hawks or the Brother Hawks.
 
“Mu, mate I if you weren't my superior officer I would give you a good slug in the jaw,” Ian said with his thick British accent he had since he had lived in the British Quarter of Copernicus City for his entire life. Mu only rolled his eyes at Ian before falling into step with him.
 
“Ian you know that same pilot who saved you not only saved you but two others from this Squadron. Both Franklin and Suez had been discipled by him but he never finished them off. Instead he flew off to battle elsewhere, most likely running into you. Also I heard from Franklin when I told him about your dreams, that he had been a hardliner for Blue Cosmos when this infernal war started, however after being saved by this mystery pilot who many other pilots called the White Knight. He gave up from the group since he saw that not all Coordinators where monsters like the press say they are. Granted he was mad for a few months but eventually got over it,” Mu said with a frown looking over at the younger man beside him. Ian nodded since he had heard about that before, but never the last part. Sighing Ian decided if he ever meet this mystery White Knight he would shake the man's hand, and promise to be always by his side. Since little did his buddy know, Ian came from a long line of British Knights, and had the sense of honor engraved into him since he was a boy. According to his honor code, sense this man saved his life, Ian would pledge his life to him and follow him anywhere. Right there in that hallway Ian knew he would enjoy meeting the Mystery pilot and would be honored to follow him.
 
Helios City
Heliopolis Colony
Le Grange Point 3
November 25, C.E 70
 
The daylight at what appeared to be a park slowly darkened as day became night, the park was something of beauty. Flower lined pathways, perfectly cut grass swaying slightly in the breeze, three playgrounds for kids with many benches surrounding them for the parents, and finally the jewel of the park an awesome fountain smack dab in the middle of the park. With all this you would think you where on Earth, however you where not. For this park was one along many inside a orbiting colony. However this peaceful sight was shattered by sobbing as a young girl about sixteen rushed into the park with tears pouring down her pretty face and her purple hair streaming behind her as she ran. As she approached the fountain she stumbled a bit but managed to recover. Still crying she sat down on a nearby bench and covered her face with her hands.
 
“Why, I thought you liked me, even loved me,” the girl mumbled into her hands as the park finally become dark as the colony finished rotating away from the sun. It was then that lights sprang on through out the park. However the one next to the girl only flickered before dieing out. As she continued to sob a brown haired teenager watched with a sad frown on his face as he watched the girl he secretly loved suffering. However he should not be comforting her, her boyfriend should be doing that. Sighing even though he loved her, he was still her best friend.
 
“Fiona, what's the matter, I saw you running past my house?” Kira Yamato asked as he stepped into the light as he looked down at her. The girl whose name is Fiona Alexander gasped as she looked up at Kira with tears pouring down her face.
 
“Kira! What are you doing here?” she asked in return as Kira gently sat next to her on the bench and gave her a funny look for her question.
 
“Like I said I saw you running past my house crying and I got worried, so I came down here to see if you where alright,” Kira replied with a gentle smile. Fiona smiled behind her tears but then looked down on her feet and wrapped herself in her arms. Sighing Fiona knew that Kira knew her to well and would know if she would lie since they had been friends since they where little kids.
 
“I was out with Kai at the movies and we ran into a group of his friends when we where walking home. The group of them started to talk, with me in the middle. Finally one of his friends someone I did not know noticed me and glared at me. He then asked Kai why he was dating a....” Fiona stopped and broke out in tears once more. Kira raised his eyebrows since Kai is Fiona's boyfriend, they had been together since about a year. Sighing softly Kira took Fiona in his arms and hugged her gently towards his chest not even caring that his shirt was getting wet from her tears.
 
“Fiona what did he say?” Kira asked with some concern wondering how the usual cheerful and kind natured girl got this way. However right then he knew something bad happened between the Kai and Fiona, so he waited patiently for her to calm down enough to answer him. Finally after a few moments Fiona managed to calm down and relax in Kira's arms. Blinking she finally noticed what position she was in and smiled in memory remembering the time after their departure from the Moon Kira had done the same thing. In was these acts of kindness and support that made Fiona secretly love him. Sighing she once more looked up at him and closed her eyes as she took several more breaths before she answered his question.
 
“He asked Kai why he was dating a fifthly Coordinator bitch. Kai told him he knew that I was a Coordinator and really did not care. However it was then that his other friends told him that it was either them or me. At first I thought he was going to choose me, but another friend reminded him that his uncle was in town and he would be angry if he was seen with me. So right there he told me to go away and never come back to him, not mention he never loved me he was only dating me because I was the most beautiful girl in class. So anyways that is the reason why I am now a single women,” she finish with a light smile at her small attempt at humor. However it turned to a frown when she saw Kira expression. Since he looked very, very angry which Fiona hardly even saw him as since he was usually so kind.
 
“Those racist bastards, how could they say that,” Kira said with fury in his voice. He unfolded himself from Fiona and started to pace in front of the bench.
 
“I can not believe it, I know Kai is not really a real Orb National but I thought he was not like the rest of the Earth fanatics. Jeez! He is going to regret ever hurting the girl I love, he is so...oh..,” Kira froze when he realized what he said and slowly looked at Fiona to see her staring at him with wide eyes.
 
“Kira you really love me,” Fiona said with wide eyes as she looked at Kira before her. She used to think she had a childhood crush on him, but valued their friendship a lot so she never pursued much more then that. It was also the reason why she dated Kai in the first place. However over the last three years that little innocent crush became even more, even with the distraction provided by Kai.
 
“Fiona, yes I realized I loved you when you started to date Kai. Before that I thought I only had a crush on you, but I was afraid I would ruin our friendship if I told you anything about that. So Fiona I know you don't share the same feelings toward me, but please I still value our friendship,” Kira said with a sad smile as he knelt in front of Fiona.
 
“Kira I don't believe it, it is the same thing for me. I have always loved you Kira even when I was dating Kai, I only dated him because I wanted a distraction from my so called crush on you,” Fiona said with a grin as she started to cry once more but this time in happiness. Kira looked at her with wide eyes and slowly grinned as they did indeed share the same feelings for one another. Before he knew it Kira found himself sharing their first kiss together. They stayed like for a few minutes before they broke apart once more to get air.
 
“Let's go, I think you should stay at my house tonight since it is late. We will call your parents when we get there,” Kira stated a little breathless after the kiss. Fiona only nodded in understanding and got up however the young couple where still kind of wrapped around one another, hence ended up on the ground on top of each other. Both teens after getting over their shock started laughing in pure joy.
 
 
The next day found the couple walking to meet up with their friends at the same park they where at last night. Both of them where grinning since Kira's parents Caridad and Huruma having already knew of the teens attraction to one other where actually very happy for the two of them. Now it was time for their friends to now about their new relationship, and hence meeting up with them today. As they reached the fountain where they shared their first kiss the previous night, they found all their friends gathered around a nearby picnic table. The first one to see the two of them was Tolle Koenig who started to wave at them, however stopped when he saw their matching grins not mention their hands clasped together, making his jaw drop in surprise. After recovering from his shock he gently elbowed his girlfriend Miriallia Haw, in the side to get her attention. When he had her attention which happened to be a glare, he pointed to the still grinning couple. Miri, as she liked to be called, took one look and squealed happily in surprise. This attracted the attention of the other two boys at the table. Blinking the two other friends slowly followed Miri's line of sight till they saw Kira and Fiona. Kuzzey Buskirk spit out the juice he was drinking, while Sai Argyle blinked very rapidly before taking out his slightly tinted glasses and rubbing them with his shirt before placing them back on.
 
“I got three words for you two, ABOUT DAMN TIME!” Miri said with a grin as she jumped up to congratulate the new couple. She was soon followed by the other three and as the group gathered around them. They then sat down at the table, but not before separated into boys and girls groups.
 
“So all of us have girlfriends but you Kuzzey, I think its time to get you one as well,” Kira said with a evil grin followed by Tolle, while Sai only raised an eyebrow. Kuzzey only gulped in fear wondering what his so called friends had planned for him. Thankfully their talk turned to how Kira and Fiona got together. Meanwhile in the girl's group which sadly only included Miri and Fiona at the moment, where chatting excitedly about the same thing as the boys but with more phrases thrown in. The talk finally got around to what happened between Fiona and Kai.
 
“I am going going to kill them,” Miri growled out, which was echoed by Tolle and Sai at the boy's side of the table. Thankfully for Kai, both Kira and Fiona managed to get their friends to calm down. It was then that the talk turned to better things like school and what they where going to do for the rest of the day. However Fiona and Kira's eyes where glued to one as the talk continued another which did not go unnoticed by Miri, Tolle, and remarkably Kuzzey. Even if there was war outside the peaceful Colony they lived in, love was still going strong. However this peace would not last long, and soon these young people would be pulled into the war even if they wanted to or not.
 
-End-
 
 
Author Notes:
 
Well there we go we the very first chapter in my brand new Gundam SEED Fanfic. Just in a side-note I have decided to keep the Flay lovers happy by including her in the next chapter. Also if you noticed in this chapter there is a small reference to her. She will also be in the Orb Arc later on. However like I said she will not take part in the story as a whole.
 
I also have a website set up for the reference purposes for this story, which includes Character Profiles, Mecha Profiles, and other things. However just a warning some of it includes spoilers for later on in the story, so be prepared. Anyways here is the link:
 
http://msgsknight.4t.com/index.html
 
One last quick little note here, Kira is going to be pretty much out of character for majority of the story, since unlike in the series he actually has a “sane” girlfriend who has a large impact on Kira's character and personality similar to Flay did but a good impact instead. Not to mention not knowing that Athrun pilots the Aegis will change some things as well. However Kira will not be too OOC, just a bit.