Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ MS Seed Girls ❯ The Scar Of Space, The Scar Of Soul ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS Seed Girls
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Da: yes.
Niet: no.
Tovarisch: comrade.
 
 
Chap 7: The Scar Of Space, The Scar Of Soul.
 
 
The damaged Vesalius finally arrived to its destination: The PLANTs at the Lagrange Point Five. The vessel went to the fourth rigging dock in the Military Base Station Area.
 
“We've caught the guide beacon. Instructions have been given to enter the Number 4 dock. Match entry vector.”
 
“Beacon detection confirmed! Course correction 0.3, mark 16.2, delta. Turn around 180 degrees. Begin deceleration.”
 
With grace, despite its damaged state, the cruiser turned around and decelerated to its docking rig.
 
ZAFT Captain Fredrick Ades turned to Commander Rau Le Creuset. “Will you be bringing Athrun Zala to the inquiry?”
 
“Yes. He was there when the incident took place. He's also capable of analyzing things calmly and objectively. As a bonus, he personally knows about the Exo-Frame pilot.”
 
“I understand that Orb is protecting emphatically.”
 
“The important thing is what the problem is from our perspective, Ades.”
 
Ades sighed. “Yes.”
 
“Hurry with the repair and resupply of the Vesalius. We've been given time to rest, but not that much time.”
 
The white ZAFT Commander smiled. “Not likely, anyway.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the CIC of the Archangel, Jackie Tonomura proceeded to a last verification of its instruments. “Reconfirmed. No signs of enemy ships within 5000 kilometres. It appears that they've completely lost us.”
 
The Acting Captain of the warship, the Lieutenant Murrue Ramius sighed in relief.
 
On the co-pilot seat, the Mobile Armour pilot, Lieutenant Mu La Flaga smirked a little. “Artemis got all the attention, so we were able to escape unnoticed. We should be thankful for that alone.”
 
The second of the ship, the Ensign Natarle Badgiruel shook her head. “However…”
 
Murrue nodded. “Yes, I know. We're fortunate that the Laurasia-class lost us and Alexandra managed to soften the impact to the garrison of the base but not one of our problems has been solved.”
 
Speaking of which, the displaced Russian girl and Esper was being cornered in the lounge by the redheaded and blue-eyed Fllay Allster.
 
“So? Can you do it?”
 
Alexandra Kerensky, the only existing MS Girl of this universe was feeling a little worried. The slight angry light in the eyes of her romantic interest was…unnerving. She gulped. “Da…Yes, I can do it.”
 
Fllay nodded in relief. Sai Argyle, official boyfriend of the newly revealed New-Type, blinked to the green-eyed teenager. “You can seal Psychic Powers within someone else? Why would you want to do it?”
 
Tolle Koenig shook his head. “It's evident. According to Miriallia, being that sensible is not always a good thing.” He pointed a gaze to Alex. “Now, my girlfriend `knows' whenever I lie even a little to her.”
 
Alex found something extremely interesting on the ceiling. She sighed and gravely considered her friends. “It's not only that: Power equal responsibility and huge powers equal huge responsibilities.” She looked to Fllay, smiling. “Having this “gift” fully developed, change the individual.” She shook her head. “Not everyone can endure it. My experience taught me that whenever it is possible, a newly active New-Type should be sealed if desired or taken in charge by a mentor, if not.”
 
Fllay frowned. “You said it was not dangerous to me.”
 
“The power isn't dangerous physically. However, on the emotional and psychological plane, it could be devastating. Becoming active is akin to being a blind in a world of blinds and suddenly discovering the sense of sight.”
 
Sai wasn't so sure that it was a good idea. “Is the seal permanent?”
 
“The seal depended entirely on the willpower of the sealed person. The only one who can break the seal is the sealed one.”
 
Fllay nodded. “That what I want.” She looked on her hands. “I…I was frightened when I use…this power against those soldiers.”
 
“Anyway, I'm still too feeble to do it right now. And I want you to join me and the others New-Types for the first lessons in using your power.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Being able to properly focus and meditate is the first step for a proper seal. If you cannot control yourself, you run the risk to see your powers manifest sporadically.”
 
Fllay turned to Sai. The boy shrugged. “I can't force you to. But Alex had never lied to any of us. Don't you think you should follow the advice of the only expert in this field?”
 
Fllay sighed. “If you insist, Sai, I'll do it.”
 
Tolle rolled up his eyes. “But I wonder what's gonna happen to this ship from now on.”
 
It was the turn of Sai to sigh. “We couldn't get any supplies while docked in Artemis, could we?”
 
“No.”
 
Fllay and Sai turned to Alex. The bespectacled boy asked THE question. “I wonder if ZAFT's gonna keep coming after us.”
 
The redheaded New-Type looked down the floor. “Oh, yeah…”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the fourth rigging dock, Athrun Zala and Commander Le Creuset prepared to gain the PLANT aboard a shuttle. Athrun silently gasped as he saw who was also on board the shuttle.
 
Rau Le Creuset and the young Coordinator saluted the grey-haired man in a non-descript mantle. “We will be accompanying you, Your Excellency, National Defence Committee Chairman Zala.”
 
Patrick lifted his hand in negation. “No need for formalities. You never saw me on this shuttle. Got that, Athrun?”
 
“I understand, Father. Long time no see.” Curiously, Athrun didn't know how to react to the encounter with his father. It HAD been so long…
 
As the shuttle flew in direction of the PLANTs, Patrick continued. “Needless to say, I agree with your opinion included in the report. The two problems are the fact that Earth developed such advanced Mobile Suits and that Orb is following with a new concept...”
 
Images of the Strike in full action alongside with Alex in her Power-Armour erupted in the minds of the three passengers.
 
“…Although we can ignore the part about the Strike's pilot, we can't do the same about the Exo-Frame current operator…”
 
Athrun gasped and sharply turned to his father. `What?'
 
“…I went ahead and deleted that section.”
 
Rau le Creuset smiled. “Thank you very much. I was confident that you would make that decision.”
 
Athrun blinked. `What the hell is going on here?'
 
Patrick nodded to the masked man. “Just think of the reaction if we told them that the one Earth Alliance machine we left behind is being piloted by a Coordinator. The moderate faction is already going to have a field day with the identity of the Exo-Frame pilot. It would only give them something more unnecessary to argue about.”
 
Athrun gazed on his father. `What game are you playing, father?'
 
Rau turned to Athrun. “I do not envy you, Athrun. Wouldn't you also find it more difficult to have another of your friends be referred to as someone who switched sides to the Earth Forces, due to the report?”
 
“Uh… No, but…”
 
Patrick Zala turned to his only son. “The Naturals created a Mobile Suit that can perform that well even with a Natural piloting it. That's what we're reporting. Got that, Athrun?”
 
Athrun remembered his first encounter with Kira and Alex in the burning factory of Morgenroete. “Yes.”
 
Patrick narrowed his eyes. “We must be more serious about this. So we can bring a quick end to this war.” He extracted a data chip from his pocket. “I want you two to read this. It's a report from our Intelligence Service about Alexandra Kerensky.” He paused and contemplated the device. “They already cross-referenced a few very interesting things about her.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the cafeteria of the Archangel, Tolle is about to die, smothered by… a mouthful of food not properly absorbed. “W-Water! Water!”
 
Miriallia Haw rolled up her eyes, sighed and gave the rest of her water to her `dying' boyfriend.
 
The brown-haired boy gulped the precious liquid. “W-Water! I need more water!”
 
Sai shook his head as he took his tray. “Stop making inappropriate jokes that aren't funny.”
 
Tolle frowned. “I'm not joking! Damn.”
 
Sai sit down near Fllay who promptly slide away. He followed her and she immediately maintained her distance. “What? Is something the matter?”
 
Fllay looked sadly her plate. “Because of these water restrictions I couldn't take a shower yesterday.”
 
Everybody blinked and looked at her. They were in the middle of nowhere with enemies at their pursuit and Fllay Allster thought about…
 
At that moment, Kira and Alex entered the room. Tolle waved to them. “Are you finished with the Strike's maintenance?”
 
The violet-eyed Coordinator nodded. “Yeah, thanks to Alex.” He sighed. “Limited use of the washer just would have make things so much more burdensome.”
 
Alex shrugged. “It was no big deal. Since we must restrict any water consummation, the use of my telekinesis enabled me to exercise myself nicely.”
 
Fllay blinked and slowly get up. “You…You can wash something with your power?”
 
The Russian teenager raised an eyebrow to the approaching redhead. “Huh? Yes.” She shrugged. “It's more removing impurities than a real wash with water but it does the same thing.”
 
Fllay seized Alex by the shoulders. “Even on an organic body?”
 
Alex was dismayed by the almost manic light in the blue eyes of the girl. “Hum…, yes?”
 
The blue eyes were now sparkling. “Then you can give me a complete shower and wash my clothes?”
 
The New-Type gulped and slowly nodded.
 
The redhead was grinning and there were stars flashing in her eyes. She then turned to Kira. “Thanks, I will be very attentive during your New-Type lessons. By the way, Kira?”
 
The young Coordinator decided it was more prudent to listen to the young girl and smiled. “Yes?”
 
I'm sorry for what happened the other day! I only said those things because of the plan.”
 
“About what?”
 
“While at Artemis, I said that you're the Strike's pilot.” Fllay's eyes were a little guarded. `And I also almost said that you're a Coordinator. If Alex didn't stop me…'
 
“Oh, never mind that. I'm not upset about it. Besides, it's true. And you protected my friends from Garcia and his soldiers. Thank you.”
 
Fllay smiled. “Thank you.” `I could have triggered a catastrophe.'
 
In the corner, Alex nodded. `Well, what do you know? My dear spoiled little Princess is growing up.'
 
Kira looked down the table to an empty glass. `But really what do the captain and officers plan to do now?'
 
On the command deck, Natarle was contemplating the Flight Management Guidance Envelope System with dismay. “Is this our best position?” The vectors on the screen didn't inspire her military training AND her New-Type intuition. “Isn't there a better route?”
 
Arnold Neuman turned to her. “Impossible. If we set our route too close to Earth, we'll end up entering the debris belt.” He showed her that they had to cross the belt two times at the very least. “Even though taking that route would get us to lunar orbit sooner.”
 
Murrue sighed. “Can't we go through it?”
 
Arnold was aghast by the question. “The debris belt? That's impossible. If we attempted to go through it while maintaining this speed we'd end up as part of the debris.”
 
Mu gazed on the screen. “A mountain of garbage that humanity scattered ever since going into space. It's true that we don't wanna be part of that…” He blinked. “Wait a minute. The debris belt.” He turned, smiling, to Murrue. “I'm a man who makes the impossible possible, right?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the central axe of Aprilius One, a high-speed lift is carrying Athrun Zala and Rau Le Creuset to the Supreme Council Room. The two soldiers were listening distractedly to the News-Net as the data brought by Patrick Zala about Alexandra Kerensky had been very interesting indeed.
 
“Next on our news: prior to a ceremony mourning lives lost in the Junius Seven tragedy exactly one year ago, Supreme Council Chairman Clyne made a statement.”
 
On the screen, a blond and moustached man talked to journalists. A pink long-haired girl with blue eyes was near him. “That unfortunate incident has left us with a deep sorrow that we will never forget.”
 
Rau turned to Athrun. “By the way, aren't you engaged to that girl?”
 
“Y-Yes.”
 
“I hear Miss Lacus is also going with the memorial delegation. That's wonderful.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“You to, the children of Committee Chairman Zala and Chairman Clyne, tying the knot. It's certain to bring a bright light to the next generation. We're counting on you.”
 
“Thank you very much.”
 
“It's our responsibility right now to protect that generation.”
 
Athrun narrowed his eyes.
 
In the council room, Siegel Clyne addressed his peers. “Now, the Supreme Council shall commence a special inquiry into the collapse of Heliopolis, a territory of the Orb Union. We shall begin with Rau Le Creuset. We'll hear your report.”
 
“Yes, sir.” Rau approached the council and began his report.
 
1234567890987654321
 
On the Archangel's bridge, Kira and all his friends participated to a briefing. Sai was incredulous. “Supplies? Can we get supplies? Where?”
 
Mu was smiling a little. “Get supplies, yes. Or, more accurately, take supplies.”
 
Murrue went straight to the throat. “We're currently on our way to the debris belt.”
 
Tolle was confused. ““Debris belt”?”
 
Alex hummed and nodded. `Da, the debris belt. Not a bad idea… Although….'
 
Sai's eyes widened. “But…wait a minute! You're not saying…”
 
Mu waved his finger. “You're pretty bright.”
 
Murrue pursued the briefing. “The debris belt consists of a wide variety of things drifting in space. Of course, that includes ships that have been destroyed in battle.”
 
Tolle blinked. “You're not suggesting we get our supplies from…”
 
Mu sighed. “What other choice do we have? Unless we do, we're not gonna last.”
 
Murrue continued to explain the operation. “Once we're there, we'd like you to help us with work outside the ship, using pods.”
 
For once, Natarle was really feeling the uneasiness of the teenagers and she also felt it. “We're not too delighted about this, either. But we have no other choice, if we wanna survive.”
 
Murrue nodded. “We're not going there to hunt around for things that others have lost.
We're just going to take a small share of what we're in immediate need of.”
 
Softly, Alexandra spoke as the same time as Murrue Ramius. “In order to live.”
 
Fllay turned to the pondering green-eyed girl. “And you have no objection to this…? I mean…?” She shook her head. “I don't know what I mean.”
 
Alex gently looked to her friends and the bridge crew. “I want to survive, Tovarisch. I want to live. And I want YOU to live.” She gazed into her past. “No one here will be disrespectful of those who died.” Her eyes narrowed. “There will be a price to pay but I'll be the one for that.”
 
Fllay blinked. “What do you mean by… a price to pay?”
 
The New-Type smiled sadly. “Death leaves… an echo in the astral plane.” She raised an eyebrow. “Why do think I insisted for your first lesson that you must be able to shield your mind?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
EYECATCH
 
The Aegis Gundam appears and showed what it can do: The twin 75 mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS “Igelstellung” hammers a Suit. The Aegis parries a Beam Saber with his own left Beam Saber then suddenly manifests other Beam sabers on the right hand and both feet and cut in four the surprised Suit. The Aegis fires and destroys fighters with its 60 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle. Finally, the Aegis transforms in its Mobile Armour form and blasts into oblivion a cruiser with its 580 mm Multi-Phase Energy Cannon “Scylla”.
 
EYECATCH
 
Alex appears with a blue and white Power-Armour in the form of the RX-79(G) Gundam and demonstrates what she can do: The twin 6 mm Vulcan-Gun in the head destroys a flight of missiles. The Multi-Launcher in the chest takes out a fortified position. Finally, the 10 mm Machine Gun hoses down a Suit.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the council room of Aprilius One, Rau Le Creuset finished his report. “I believe you can understand from the course of events you just saw that our actions were not intended as an attack on Heliopolis itself despite the allegations of the Exo-Frame pilot and that the biggest reason for the collapse lies with the Earth Forces. That concludes my report.” He saluted and returned to his seat.
 
Many members of the Supreme Council were dismayed by the report.
 
“So Orb was not only working with the Earth Forces, but they conserved for themselves the bigger part of the cake.”
 
“They're the ones who ignored the treaty.”
 
“However, Representative Attha has…”
 
“We can't trust anything those living on Earth say!”
 
Patrick Zala rose from his seat. “However, Commander Le Creuset, ignoring for now the Exo-Frame, are the Mobile Suits of the Earth Forces really valuable enough to account for all the sacrifices made to get them?”
 
Rau nodded. “To explain their marvellous abilities to you, I have one of our pilots with me who has not only piloted one of these machines but also battled against the only machine and the Exo-Frame prototype we failed to take. I request to have Athrun Zala report on this.”
 
Patrick turned to Siegel Clyne who looked around and nodded, seeing no objection. “I will allow Athrun Zala to report.”
 
Athrun approached the council, saluted and while images appeared on the screens, began his report. “First, this is the machine known as the Aegis. One major characteristic…”
 
The Strike and Alex in her Power-Armour took off from the Archangel. They escorted a half a dozen of Mistral pods. Aboard his machine, Kira thought about the enigmatic words of his best friend. `What price” would you have to pay, Alex?'
 
Athrun finished his report. “And there you have it.” He saluted and returned to his seat.
 
A council member was tightening his fist around his pencil. “They've created these terrible things! Damn Naturals!”
 
Eileen Canaver was more reserved. “But they're only at the prototype stage, right? You can hardly consider a mere five Mobile Suits a threat. Even the Exo-Frame and its pilot are hardly a problem for us.”
 
Council member Joule, mother of Yzak, was alarmed. “But if they've come this far, their next step would be to mass-produce! Are you suggesting that we can afford to wait until that happens? And what about the true intentions of Orb? And the potential of their Esper?!”
 
Council member Amalfi, father of Nicol, nodded. “This is a clear indication of the intentions of the Naturals! They want to further escalate the war! Orb wants just to assure that they will escape the war without any scrapes!”
 
The polemic escalated among the council.
 
Clyne asked for order. “Silence! Committee members! Silence!”
 
Rau hide a little smile, everything was according to his plan.
 
Athrun was very perplexed. He never truly took attention on the political scene. What was happening before him was… unnerving.
 
The Strike, NT1 “Alex” and their escort continued to search the debris belt for a zone with promises. A feeling of uneasiness began to grow in the heart of Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Patrick looked grimly to his peers. “There is no one who prefers to fight. Who among us actually wants to head out to a battlefield?”
 
The Archangel followed slowly the scouting group, using their telemetries to dodge the dangerous debris. They approached a curious but very big structure. Dread grew in the mind of the Russian girl. Something was calling to her.
 
Patrick stood up and continued. “We want to live peacefully, gracefully, and happily. That has been our only wish.”
 
Kira, Sai and Alex gasped as they truly looked to the strange structure.
 
Patrick Zala was building his steam. “But who ruthlessly shattered that wish? Who took our freedom away for their own convenience and ambitions and continue to use us?”
 
A farm tractor floated in front of the group of pods and their escort. A deep feeling of horror seized the heart of all the New-Types and echoed in the hearts of the others.
 
Mu, Miriallia, Natarle and Fllay could only looked with growing terror as something unspeakable brushed their perception and poked their mental shield.
 
Alex's skin became white as her blood iced in her veins. She could also feel the same ice covering her soul.
 
Less perceptive but no less observant, Tolle began to realize what they were seeing. “Why, this is…”
 
Patrick's eyes were hard. “We will never forget that Bloody Valentine. The tragedy of Junius Seven!”
 
Images from the past invaded the consciousness of the displaced Esper. She couldn't stop it. She was the most powerful and thus the most sensible.
 
A tractor harvested a tranquil field of wheat.
 
A nuclear explosion sectioned off the middle of the PLANT.
 
Near a river, children played. A little boy turned to his sister and asked what was going on?
 
The structural integrity of the central section and its net of high-strength cables failed.
 
A sudden wind surprised a young mother holding her little girl.
 
A fissure developed along the side of one of the two discs of 10 kilometres that composed the PLANT.
 
The ground ruptured inside the colony and air rushed to the exterior.
 
Hurricane-strength winds sucked the screaming people and the buildings into the void of space.
 
The two habitable zones of the Junius Seven PLANT separated under their inertia and froze as they lost their warmth.
 
The group of the Archangel faced a disc-shaped mass of earth covered by frozen water. Tolle looked wildly around. “A continent? Out here?”
 
Kira pronounced the fatidic words. “Junius Seven.”
 
Alex cut off her radio, covered her face with her shield and screamed her anguish as she threw all her energy into her mental shield. In the void of space, nobody can hear you screaming.
 
Murrue Ramius had risen from her command chair and gasped in mixed horror and dismay.
 
Patrick Zala spoke softly but was heard by everybody. “243,721 people. It's been a year since we lost all those countrymen in that abominable incident. Yet we've racked our brains to try to end this war quickly by making minimal demands.” His ire rose. “However, the Naturals have put our efforts to waste, time and time again!”
 
Faced with little choice, the group explored the ruined structures of the PLANT.
 
Floating peacefully in the cold embrace of space, a mother and her little baby greeted Natarle, Kira, Tolle and Miriallia. Miriallia screamed, her mental shield almost buckling under the pressure of the too numerous horrible deaths around her. She desperately hugged her boyfriend who was trying to reassure her.
 
Natarle was shaking. Even her military training and the dead she saw at Heliopolis couldn't have hardened her sufficiently against what she really wanted to refuse to feel. The importance of the lessons of Alex was taking all their grimly impact: A New-Type could feel too much. An epiphany hit her: Alexandra Kerensky had already been confronted to something similar.
 
Kira could only grimly look to the remains of shattered lives. A singed plush bear floated in front of him.
 
Patrick Zala continued his grim remembrance. “We fight to protect ourselves. If we cannot protect without fighting, we have no choice but to fight!”
 
Eileen Canaver gazed the other way. Numerous council members nodded. Siegel Clyne looked to his peers and sighed in defeat. His moderate faction will meet defeat today.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Kira looked incredulously to Ensign Badgiruel. “That water over there? Are you serious?”
 
Natarle spoke with a flat voice, almost devoid of emotions. The little that filtered through her shield out there had almost broken her normal reserve. “There's close to a hundred million tons of water frozen over on it.”
 
Kira shook his head and retorted angrily. “But you saw for yourself, didn't you, Ms. Natarle? Heck, I'm sure you felt it as well! That PLANT is where hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives. And yet…”
 
The voice of Murrue cut into the argument. “That's the only water we've been able to find.”
 
Mu had been shaken by what he `sensed' outside but his experiences had hardened him to the grim reality. “No one's jumping for joy. No one's shouting, “Hooray! We found water!””
 
Kira blinked. He almost felt betrayed. “Lieutenant La Flaga.”
 
Mu continued. “Nobody wants to step onto that place if it can be helped. But it can't be helped!” His eyes hardened. “We're alive! That means we must continue to live!”
 
The group of teenagers was dismayed but none could argue in front of the reality. Kira turned to the silhouette of a redhead looking through the window. “Alex?”
 
The girl clad in her inner-suit continued to gaze outside. “Don't worry, Kira… The dead will let the living pass.” She turned to her friends, her eyes shining, not with the glow of New-Type power, but with unshed tears. “I just have to pay the price they want.”
 
Miriallia gulped. “What…What price, Alex?”
 
Alexandra Kerensky smiled sadly as her gaze darkened under the assault of memories long passed. “I will need the help of all to fulfil it, but it will be all right.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
The members of the Supreme Council exited their room when the session was finished. Siegel Clyne approached the red-clad green-eyed young Coordinator. “Athrun.”
 
Athrun saluted. “Your Excellency Chairman Clyne.”
 
Siegel smiled indulgently. “You know there's no need to stand on ceremony with me.”
 
“Well, I…”
 
“Now that you've finally returned, Lacus is away on business. When will you two finally make some free time to see each other?”
 
“Well, I'm sorry, sir.”
 
The father of Lacus Clyne walked to the Evidence 01. The mysterious fossil discovered by George Glenn, the first Coordinator, during his voyage to Jupiter aboard the exploration ship Tsiolkovsky. The skeleton preserved within it resembles that of a winged whale, and was seemingly proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life. “There's no reason to apologize to me.
However, things are going to get hectic again. Although I can understand your father's comments.”
 
The voice of Rau Le Creuset sounded behind them. “Athrun Zala!” The white-clad commander walked to his elite pilot. “We're going after that newly-made ship, its Mobile Suit and Exo-Frame.”
 
Athrun blinked but quickly regained his countenance.
 
Rau continued. “The Laconi, Ashrad and Porto teams are joining under my command. We're leaving in 72 hours.”
 
“Yes, sir!” `A total of five combat teams on the field?! This is very serious.'
 
Rau saluted Siegel. “Excuse us, Your Excellency Chairman Clyne.” Athrun followed after having saluted his future father-in-law.
 
Patrick Zala walked to the side of Siegel Clyne. Siegel attempted, once again, to curb the ruthlessness of his friend. “We have very little time. What good will it do to escalate the war for no purpose?”
 
Patrick gazed to Evidence 01. “That's exactly why we cannot forgive them. Those who get in our way.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In all the colony, giant screens diffused the song of the pink-haired Lacus Clyne.
 
Since then, my smile has faded so much.
When it was shattered by one simple mistake.
 
In an electric car, Athrun is driving with Rau Le Creuset.
 
If we could just change our most precious thing into a beam of light…
 
Athrun gazed on the image of his fiancée who was very popular in the PLANTs.
 
Aboard the Archangel, Miriallia was making paper flowers. Tolle, Fllay, a little girl from the passengers, Kuzzey and Sai were helping her. Sai was not very competent.
 
With enough strength to overcome the farthest skies.
 
Athrun drove his commander to the military headquarters.
 
I find myself where the stars fall.
 
Miriallia and Alex were above the vast expanse of frozen water of Junius Seven. The honey-haired girl was holding the paper flowers made for the memories of all the people dead.
 
Right here I wish my thoughts would reach you.
 
Miriallia threw the homage of the Archangel's crew. Alexandra Kerensky banished her Armour and floated in the void of space, clad in her white and blue school sailor-uniform. A nimbus of emerald energy was protecting her from the cold vacuum.
 
I'm always by your side.
 
All the crew was standing up for a silent salute to the dead. Murrue was clutching a pendant on her heart.
 
Because I now embrace the cold.
 
Kira looked to the tribute of his friends, floating on the remains of the most atrocious and senseless act of the current war.
 
Though right now you're far away I know we will meet again.
 
Alex opened her eyes and softly began to sing. Her Mind Voice echoed on Junius Seven and in the heart of everybody.
 
There's no time for us.
There's no place for us.
What is this thing that builds our dreams.
Yet slips away from us?
 
Athrun took a small shuttle and rallied another PLANT.
 
Who wants to live forever?
Who wants to live forever?
 
Holding pink and yellow flowers in a bouquet, Athrun is standing up in front of a grave in a massive cemetery.
 
There's no chance for us.
It's all decided for us.
This world has only one sweet moment.
Set aside for us.
 
Athrun knelt in front of the grave and put down his bouquet. The name Lenore Zala, his mother, was engraved on the stone.
 
Who wants to live forever?
Who dares to love forever.
When love must die?
 
Athrun remembered the words of his father. `We fight to protect ourselves.'
 
But touch my tears with your lips.
Touch my world with your fingertips.
 
After a moment, Athrun exited calmly the cemetery. `If we cannot protect unless we fight, then we have no choice but to fight!'
 
And we can have forever.
And we can love forever.
Forever is our today.
 
The aura around Alex amplified as her Mind Voice reached a crescendo. A swirl of dark-purple energy gathered around her body.
 
Who wants to live forever?
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today.
 
Still in a posture of supplication, Alex closed her eyes as the swirl seemed to enter through her forehead.
 
Who waits forever anyway?
 
The Russian girl slowly knelt near her friends around her and wept.
 
In the vicinity of the ceremony, a small red light shone in the shadow of an asteroid. A tear is floating near a delicate face with feminine hands crossed in prayer.
 
1234567890987654321
 
The three officers of the Archangel were deeply in thought on the bridge.
 
Natarle whispered what they all thought. “I can't believe she was capable of that.”
 
In the same small office she used before Artemis, Alex is using her power on the computer. Texts and images were being downloaded with astonishing speed. Her eyes, glowing with emerald energy, were shedding tears.
 
Mu frowned. “One thing is sure: There is more than meet the eye about our Little-Miss-Glowing-Eyes.”
 
Murrue sighed. “That is evident: Her way to think, to act, to speak…”
 
Natarle narrowed her eyes. “She cannot be only a Coordinator. Even from Orb. Even with Esper powers. She's something else.”
 
Murrue nodded. “No matter. She's firmly on our side. I suspect her friends know the truth but…”
 
Natarle turned angrily to her captain. “She lied to us! We can't continue to trust her!”
 
Mu shook his head. “She didn't lie… Oh! Don't get me wrong. She's not telling us all the truth and I bet the whole story would and will be unbelievable, but we need to stay in the practicality.” He looked seriously to the two women. “We need her!”
 
Natarle simmered then deflated. “You're right.” She sighed. “I can't still believe she IS capable of that!”
 
Murrue slowly nodded, thoughtful. “I agree, and yet…”
 
Mu looked down the floor. “Gathering the final echoes of all those people…”
 
Natarle shivered. “…And transcript them on a readable format for their loved ones…”
 
An uneasy silence lingered on the command deck as the three officers pondered on the enigma of Alexandra Kerensky.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Around Junius Seven, an intense activity was occurring. The scavenging teams of the Archangel were gathering pieces of equipment and cutting blocks of drinkable water.
 
Murrue contacted Dalida Lolaha Chandra II who was supervising the site. “How much longer?”
 
“I'd say about four hours.”
 
Around the workers, the Mobile Armour Moebius Zero, the Mobile Suit Strike Aile Striker Gundam and the Power-Armour NT1 “Alex” Gundam were flying patrols.
 
Chandra continued his report. “Although we'll have enough ammunition with one more trip.”
 
Aboard the Strike, Kira blinked as his sensors detected something strange. “A civilian ship? It must've been sunk.”
 
His Battle-Computer biped. The silhouette of a ZAFT Suit appeared next to the drifting civilian ship. Kira hide behind a cable. His Target Analyser identified the Suit as a ZGMF LRR 704B. “A reconnaissance-type two-seater GINN?! What's it doing here?”
 
The GINN continued to look around the ship, searching for something. Hidden behind a nearby asteroid, Alex firmly targeted the enemy Suit.
 
Kira's eyes widened. “If it finds the Archangel and calls for backup, we're finished.” He activated his Targeting Scope and the Strike aimed the GINN. He rapidly locked on target. The two pilots didn't open fire.
 
Kira tightened his jaw. `Go! Go away! Just leave.' The Suit slowly turned away. `Good.'
 
But a Mistral Pod suddenly flew between Kira and the GINN. Kira gasped. Alex swore in Russian and quickly redrew her bead on the Suit.
 
The GINN detected the heat of the moving pod and rushed back.
 
Kira swore. “You fool! Why'd you have to notice?” He locked on target again as the GINN aimed its Sniper Rifle.
 
Aboard the pod, Chandra screamed as he saw the threat. “It's ZAFT!” Near him, Kuzzey began to panic.
 
Kira narrowed his eyes. “I've gotta…” His hand shivered as he found himself incapable to fire.
 
Alex hissed in anger. Her angle of fire cut through the trajectory of the pod. She kicked in her thrusters to find a better angle.
 
The GINN fired and hit the cargo pallet of the pod, shaking violently the Mistral. Simultaneously, the Strike and NT1 “Alex” opened fire, scoring direct hits. A pink paper flower floated across the two teenagers as the ZAFT Suit exploded.
 
Alex closed her eyes. Another two souls to write in her long list of spilled blood.
 
Kira began to shake. He just killed two persons on a site where hundreds of thousand people were killed. Kuzzey's voice sounded from the radio. “Thanks, Kira! I seriously thought I was about to die.”
 
Mu jumped into the conversation. “Kid! Girl! What hap…?” Kira cut off his radio, not wanting to hear anything from anyone. He killed again. He punched his control board, tears leaking through his closed eyes.
 
After an instant of eternity, Kira gazed up and saw his best friend drifting in front of the Strike. There were tears on her cheeks and her eyes reflected a deep sadness and sympathy but not pity. That was good, he wasn't sure he could support pity now.
 
He didn't sense the characteristic warmth of her mental presence, so he opened a direct private link with her. “Is this always like that…?”
 
“Yes.” There were volumes under the simple word. “A life for another.” She shrugged. “It could be for your life or the life of another, but it is the only common thread for…” She waved her hand around. “…all this.” She sighed. “The only thing I can tell you to help is… it will pass with time… For those who embraced the warrior path, forced or not, there is no turning back…”
 
Their proximity detectors suddenly biped simultaneously: The two friends whirled to the source of the signal. Kira locked his sensor on a green pod emerging from the shadow of an asteroid. “A lifepod?”
 
Alex blinked as she focused her New-Type perception on the lifepod. She blinked again and slapped her face, laughing.
 
Kira looked to the redheaded girl, fearing for her sanity. “Huh?”
 
Alex shook her head. “Well, Kira, it seems that we are destined to meet friends of mine, each time we sortie together.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Inside the main hangar of the Archangel, a group is assembled around the pod.
 
Natarle Badgiruel sighed to Kira and Alexandra. “You two must really enjoy bringing back things that others left behind.”
 
Alex grinned. “Oh, yes, Ensign.” She giggled. “Especially when this is an old “conquest” of mine.” She turned to the four soldiers that were pointing their rifles on the pod. “Put down your weapons! There is no danger.”
 
Murrue Ramius blinked. “But this is a ZAFT pod!”
 
“Niet! It's a civilian PLANT lifepod. The military ZAFT model comport sensors and special beacons that lacked on this model.”
 
Kojiro Murdock nodded. “She's right. So, I'm opening it?”
 
Kuzzey, Miriallia, Tolle and Sai turned to the Russian girl. Alex frowned. “Don't look at me like that. I promise she is not a direct danger for everyone aboard this ship.”
 
Miriallia blinked. Her New-Type perception was curiously not `saying' anything to her. ““She”?”
 
The green-eyed teenager smirked. “Of course! I did speak of an old “conquest”, didn't I?” She winked to Natarle. “Don't be jealous, you'll always have a special place in my heart.”
 
Natarle blushed, coughed and narrowed her eyes. “All right, put down the rifles!” She didn't want a remake of the `Western-style' confrontation back to Heliopolis.
 
Murdoch opened the hatch. However, even Alex was not prepared for what exited.
 
A pink ball floated out of the pod, flapping little discs, and speaking with a cheering voice. “Haro. Haro.”
 
Everybody blinked as the tiny speaking ball passed through their ranks, still speaking. “Haro. Lacus. Haro.”
 
A marvellous voice sounded from the pod. “Thank you. I appreciate your assistance.”
 
Clad in a blue and white long-sleeved dress, holding a golden bauble in her long pink hair, a beautiful blue-eyed girl exited the lifepod, a beaming smile on her lips.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Preview:
 
To be a Natural and to be a Coordinator.
These are destinies that are not chosen by the individual.
Now the New-Type enters the equation.
The choice of paths that one takes branch out and sway.
Is the sound heard above those decided and proceeding along the path of their destiny a song to heal?
 
Next, on MS Seed Girls, “Two Songstresses On An Enemy Ship”.
What is it that you see beyond that song playing, Gundam?
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: here is the result for the poll about the future girlfriend of Alex so far.
Fllay: 5.
Natarle: 1.
Miriallia: 0.
Murrue: 0.
Lacus: 0.
Cagalli: 0.
Aïsha : 0.
Remember to vote, even those who had already voted.
 
Here is the technical sheet of the Blitz.
 
Name: GAT X-207 Blitz Gundam.
 
Height: 18.63 meters. Weight: 73.5 tons.
 
Armament:
Piercer Lock "Gleipnir".
Offensive Shield System "Trikeros" (50 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle, Beam Saber, Hyperfast Kinetic Energy Penetrator "Lancer Dart" x 3).
 
Special systems:
Mirage Colloid Invisiblity System.
 
Thanks for their reviews to Vampwriter, James Axelrad and HolyKnight5.