Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ SEED Idol ❯ SEED Idol: Episode One (Otherwise Known As The Prologue) ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pre-Fic Author's Notes:
 
First off:
 
THIS FIC HAS LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS! I MEAN, MILLIONS OF `EM!!!
 
Er, maybe not.
 
ANYWAY, DON'T READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL OF GUNDAM SEED (and at least know something about the outcome of DESTINY) UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE THE PLOT RUINED!!!
 
Okay, now that all that's out of the way, onto explaining the unusual formatting of this fic…
 
It's meant to read like an old-style Radio Drama script. You about those, right? The generation gap isn't that big, right? Right…?
 
Okay, so, it is. Never mind. But, at any rate, just pretend that it's a script, and you'll get more enjoyment out of it. Or something like that. I don't know, maybe it's too random and rambling. We'll see.
 
Speaking of rambling, I should tell you how to read the formatting! Silly me.
 
*This* - Indicates scene description, i.e., how something in the world looks. It also is for actions, both of characters and other moving objects. Basically, it's for everything except dialogue.
 
CHARACTER: Look! I'm talking! - Indicates dialogue. Should be pretty self-explanatory.
 
So, put it all together, and…
 
CHARACTER: *speaking out loud* Look! I'm talking! - Is how the ficky should read.
 
Got it? Good. Now, get to the reading already!!!
 
 
 
SEED Idol: Episode Zero!

(Otherwise known as the Prologue Episode)


*The Scene: the Bridge of the Archangel. Murrue is sitting quietly in the captain's chair, her eyes closed, seemingly lost in thought. Her face looks a bit more serious than normal.*

*The slightest hint of movement from behind her reveals she is not alone in the room. Creeping up stealthily behind her is the Hawk of Endymion himself, Mwu La Fllaga. With all the skill of a professional infiltrator, he works his way around the captain's chair, stretches out his arms, and catches Murrue in a surprise embrace.*

MURRUE: Oh my goodness! Mwu!

MWU: None other!

MURRUE: Don't do that to me! You scared me half to death!

MWU: *Chuckles.*

MURRUE: *indignant* Really… sometimes, it's like you never grew up.

MWU: *Leans in closer to her.* Do you really think that, Captain?

*He gently kisses her on the lips. She responds happily.*

MURRUE: Mmm… so, what was it you wanted to talk to me about? Or did you just want to…?

MWU: No, no. There'll be time for that later. Actually, I did want to talk to you about something.

MURRUE: Mmnn?

MWU: Did you hear about what Lacus-san has been cooking up?

MURRUE: I haven't. Is it tasty?

MWU: No, no, I mean what she's planning.

MURRUE: To be honest, I haven't talked to her since I arrived. She seemed rather preoccupied with Kira-kun, so, I didn't really want to get in the way. Really, everyone's been so busy that I felt kind of out of place.

MWU: No wonder you've been up here, all by yourself. You didn't even talk to Natarle yet, and she's been looking all over for you. Apparently, Azrael is giving her a hard time again.

MURRUE: I really should help her out. She's a good friend… and I haven't seen her in a long time. Anyway, you were saying about Lacus-san?

MWU: I've heard from some of the youngsters that she's planning a sort of talent show to be held next week.

MURRUE: A talent show? Really? What kind?

MWU: Singing.

MURRUE: Singing? Singing what?

MWU: Whatever the participants like. Apparently, she's modeled it on an old TV program back from the 21st Century. I think it was called “Canadian Idol” or something like that.

MURRUE: “Canadian Idol,” huh? It just goes to show how the times have changed. Back then, the Canadians were doing everything right.

MWU: So true.

MURRUE: So, the children are going to compete?

MWU: That's just the thing. Lacus-san said that we've been invited to sing as well.

MURRUE: EHH?!?

MWU: My thoughts exactly. But, why not give it a try? I'm sure you sing well enough.

MURRUE: But… I can't sing in front of other people, especially not Lacus-san! She's a professional!

MWU: Well, um, I hope I can change your mind, because… I said we would both do it.

MURRUE: You what? And without asking me?

MWU: Well, we are kind of a couple…

MURRUE: We may be a couple, but on stage, we'll look like a couple of losers! And besides, who gave you permission to think for me?

MWU: Um… uh…

MURRUE: That's just like you Mobile Armor pilots! You move fast, and you're all after the same thing!

MWU: … I can't deny that.

*He grins.*

MURRUE: Ugh!

MWU: *Laughs playfully.* So, is the great Captain Ramius in?

MURRUE: Like hell I'm in. And I'm going to kick your little top gun butt!

MWU: Eh?

MURRUE: That's right. I'm singing solo!

MWU: But… we were supposed to be a team!

MURRUE: I bet. Because you can't do it on your own, can you?

MWU: Now, just wait a minute…

MURRUE: I see right through you. You don't have a prayer! Just watch, and I'll win this contest!

MWU: *Rolls up the sleeves of his pilot suit.* All right there, missy, you've got yourself a competition!

MURRUE: And all's fair!

*She sticks her tongue out at him.*

MWU: A bit childish there, Murrue…?

*He kisses her, capturing her tongue, and she blushes.*

MURRUE: *Pulling back from him.* Don't think you can tease me into submission.

MWU: Would I think that?

MURRUE: You might.

MWU: Well, I won't.

MURRUE: Good.

MWU: But I'm going to win anyway. Mwu La Fllaga never loses!

MURRUE: We'll just see about that!

MWU: Well then, missy, you'd best get working on your voice. You've got seven days.

MURRUE: That's six more than I need.

MWU: *Smiles.* Well said.

*He turns and starts to leave, then turns around and blows her a kiss.*

MWU: Oh, and good luck.

[SCENE CHANGE]

*In her room, Fllay is sitting on her bed, looking sadly at the floor. It seems she's been crying, for there is a box of tissues nearby.*

FLLAY: Ohhh… why did Lacus have to make it a singing contest? I can't sing. Not even a note.

*She sniffles.*

FLLAY: And knowing that, she has to tease me by making a date with Kira the secret prize… but she's so jealous I'm sure that at the last minute, she'll change the rules and make the winner have to face off against her. So even if I could win… I don't have a chance…

*Suddenly, the door to Fllay's room opens with a swish, and a familiar seductive voice slips in.*

RAU: So rather than crying, you have to make yourself a chance, don't you?

*Fllay looks up, her eyes wide.*

FLLAY: W-what do you mean?

RAU: *Smiles slightly.* Have you ever seen the movie `The Little Mermaid?'

FLLAY: The little what?

RAU: “The Little Mermaid.” It was made by a company called Disney back at the end of the 1980s. It was a musical, starring Pat Carroll.

FLLAY: I… no, I've never seen it.

RAU: I see. So tragic, that the young generation does not know true cinema.

*He sits down next to Fllay on the bed.*

RAU: In the movie, Pat Carroll plays a character named Ursula.

FLLAY: Ursula?

RAU: Yes. Ursula pretends to be a sea witch, but anyone who's seen the movie can clearly tell that she's supposed to be a man in drag.

FLLAY: W-what?

RAU: Do not worry yourself with that. It does not matter. Anyway, in the movie, Ursula makes a deal with a mermaid called Ariel.

FLLAY: What kind of a deal?

RAU: She offers to give her legs, in exchange for her voice.

FLLAY: Why would she want legs?

RAU: So that she could go to see the prince she loved. Without legs, she wouldn't be able to compete against human girls.

*Fllay nods, in partial understanding.*

RAU: Well, I may not be Ursula, but I propose a similar deal.

FLLAY: But, I don't need legs. See?

*She motions to her own shapely legs. Rau pauses, seemingly partially from exasperation, but also perhaps in admiration.*

RAU: I can see. However, I can offer you what you do need. It is what Ariel thought she could do without.

FLLAY: You can give me… a better voice?

RAU: Not just any voice. Lacus's voice.

*Fllay gasps, stunned.*

FLLAY: But, how can you do that?

*Rau grins.*

RAU: We masked Gundam villains have our ways. So, is it a deal?

*For a moment, Fllay sits, thinking. Imagined images of Kira holding her close flash through her mind.*

FLLAY: It… it's a deal.

RAU: Just like with Ariel, though, there is a catch. You will do me one favor which I shall ask of you, and if you do not succeed in winning the competition and Kira's heart, you shall belong to me, to obey my every whim.

FLLAY: It's still a deal. I WILL win.

RAU: That's the right spirit.

FLLAY: So… what's this favor?

*Rau pauses, seemingly a little embarrassed.*

RAU: You… you've made a great fuss a number of times about being a Natural, so, I thought perhaps you might be the right person to ask…

FLLAY: …?

RAU: I… I want to know how to act more like a Natural.

FLLAY: You what?

RAU: You heard what I said. Please, do not make me repeat it.

FLLAY: But, why?

*Again, Rau pauses.*

RAU: There's… there's someone who I would like to become closer to, and I… I want to know how to act around her.

FLLAY: Ohhh… so, there's a girl you like?

RAU: *hesitantly* Sort of…

FLLAY: What do you mean, sort of? You're the head of the Creuset Team! You're not supposed to be hesitant.

RAU: But hearts cannot be won the same way battles are.

FLLAY: Well… okay. I guess I'll help you.

RAU: You didn't exactly have a choice. You already agreed to my deal.

FLLAY: Oh yeah. I sorta forgot about that.

[SCENE CHANGE]

*Alone in his room, Kira lays back on his bed as Tori flits about the room.*

KIRA: I'm just glad that Lacus isn't making me compete in this contest. Honestly, I don't know how I could do it.

*He pauses.*

KIRA: Still… I wonder what she meant when she said “You'll be intimately involved.” *Shakes his head.* That girl's always keeping secrets.

[SCENE CHANGE]

*Nicole is standing in his room, a towel wrapped around his waist as his only clothing. He is speaking into a green phone which matches his hair perfectly.*

NICOLE: Wonderful! So you'll sing along with my keyboard accompaniment?

*The muffled voice on the other end makes sounds of acknowledgement.*

NICOLE: This is terrific! And, it'll be a good chance to catch up. I haven't seen you in forever!

*Again, the voice in the phone makes approving noises.*

NICOLE: All right! I'm looking forward to working with you… Miguel. No one can stop two dedicated Coordinators!

[SCENE CHANGE]

*Athrun and Cagalli are walking through one of the ship's hallways.*

ATHRUN: No, I don't approve! How could I approve? I don't want to see my girlfriend offered up as a door prize for Lacus's talent show!

CAGALLI: But, she said that Kira's already agreed to it… and, what if a guy wins? He won't want to take Kira out on a date.

ATHRUN: I don't care! I don't want you doing it!

CAGALLI: I have to stand by my brother. I have to support him.

ATHRUN: Can't you do it another way?

CAGALLI: *mischievously* You know, you could always enter in the competition yourself, and try to win me. And, I heard that if you do really well, Lacus-chan might throw herself in too...

ATHRUN: How… how dare you suggest that I… I…

*But as he stutters, the idea goes through his head, and the protests die away.*

ATHRUN: Al-alright. I'll do it. It'll teach you a lesson.

CAGALLI: *Smiles.* I'd like to see you try. But, good luck anyway, Athrun. I'll be rooting for you.

ATHRUN: You'd better!

*But despite his mock anger, his tone and the flash in his eyes reveals Athrun's eagerness to try this new game.*

[SCENE CHANGE]

*Surrounded by a sea of Haros of every conceivable color, Lacus holds Pink-chan and speaks to him.*

LACUS: Everything's set now. Everyone's getting ready. Don't you think this will be interesting?