Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ What You Mean To Me ❯ What You Mean To Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Gundam Seed and its characters do not belong to me.
 
Warnings: shonen-ai, CHARACTER DEATH!
 
What You Mean To Me
 
Dear Athrun,
 
I am writing you this letter because, well I don't really know why, besides it's not like you'll ever read it, right? I guess the reason why I'm writing it is because I had to put these thoughts somewhere. The thoughts that I'll never be able to share with you in person, because I'm too afraid. Too afraid of rejection, too afraid of loneliness, too afraid of your reaction. Sounds pathetic, doesn't it? Here I am, a soldier fighting a war and I'm having trouble telling one person how I feel about them. Maybe it's because that that one person, you Athrun, means so much to me.
That day I saw you at Orb brought back so memories, memories of that first day I met you, on the Moon. I had just transferred to the private school there, and was so nervous. But you took my hand and with that single touch, I fell in love with you. You were so confident in me, so friendly and so handsome. School days were happy memories of great times spent together. But all good times come to an end.
The day that you left was awful. I felt like my heart was tearing in two. I watched you walk away from me, and I was too afraid to confess what I felt inside.
It's probably too late to be saying this, after all we've been through since then, but Athrun, I love you. I really love you.
 
Kira
 
Athrun folded back up the letter, trying to conceal his grief, but failing. Falling to his knees, he let his sobs out, tears running down his face. Kira was right, it was too late. For Athrun had already shot Kira down, in retaliation for Nicol's death.
Strike lay in front of him, a crumpled mass of steel. The body of Kira Yamato was also at his feet. Athrun grasped his friend's hand, bending his head down to kiss his lips. “I loved you too,” he whispered softly, “I loved you so much,” he said, confessing his feelings that he had had for so long. But it was too late.
 
xxxxx
 
Author's Note:
 
Sorry for being so sad! I also apologize if I've spelt any names wrong, this is my first GS fanfic. So let me know what you thought! Spunky 87