Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Your Revolution is a Joke ❯ Waking Moments ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I use songs for two main purposes in my stories (3 if you count me having a bad case of song-fic fever) 1. It helps set the mood that I'm going for, and 2. It's what keeps me writing. If I hadn't had the lyrics in the last chapter, I can guarantee the whole Athrun part wouldn't have been that long, if it had happened at all, and Miriallia would have probably just fallen asleep in Dearka's arms right after he asked about Tolle.
I couldn't find a song that fit this chapter, but I have a good idea of what I'll use for the next one. (It'll be by either Silverstein or Funeral For a Friend)
Warnings: OOCness (again)
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam SEED
 
Miriallia felt quite warm in her bed. So warm that getting out of it was the last thing on her mind. She snuggled closer to the source of the heat, which was directly in front of her. Whatever it was didn't want her to leave either, as it had it's are wrapped tightly around her. As she was drifting further away from sleep, she started to wonder what form of heat had arms? Or a rock hard chest for that matter. Opening her eyes slowly, not wanting to harm them with the sunlight that was streaming in through the window. Once she had opened them all the way, she tensed. There was somebody in her bed. A guy in her bed. A guy who wasn't Tolle was in her bed. She screamed as loud as she could, and scrambled out of the bed. What the hell was a guy doing in her bed?
 
Dearka was sleeping so peacefully. It was so nice he never wanted to wake up. But, just his luck, some girl got scared, right beside his face. His arm was thrown rudely aside, and the blankets were pulled off the bed. Sitting up, he saw the cause of his waking. Miriallia was standing pressed against the wall, staring at him. He couldn't help it. He smirked. At least, he was smirking until the door was thrown open by a very worried Kira, Sai, Cagalli, Athrun, and Lacus. Even Yzak was there, though he lacked the concern that was on the others faces. Oh. Shit. Something told Dearka he wasn't getting out of this one without a few bruises.
“What the hell happened here?” That was Cagalli. She didn't sound too pleased. How would he explain this one? The question was directed at Miriallia, so he still had some time to think of an explanation.
“I have no idea! I-I don't remember anything.” Miriallia sounded like she'd been kidnapped or raped or something. Yzak was smirking now; finding the situation Dearka was in quite amusing.
 
Miriallia was still in the clothes she was wearing last night. Nothing felt wrong, so maybe it had just been an innocent action. Innocent. Yeah right. That guy and innocent didn't belong anywhere near each other unless the words `not' or `lack of' were in between them. What happened last night? She remembered her conversation with Athrun, and sitting on the roof with Dearka, but after that, everything was blank. Did he knock her out? She doubted that he was that low. Maybe she fell asleep? But why the hell was he in her bed? He better have a damn good explanation. He was making her swear! She hardly ever cursed unless she was in a really bad mood, or really uptight.
 
Kira wasn't sure what to feel. Should he be mad because Dearka had apparently shared a bed with Mir? Should he find it amusing because almost everybody else looked ready to kick the guy's ass? Should he feel sorry for the guy since this was probably a misunderstanding? Should he feel sorry for Mir because she appeared to be traumatized? He really had no idea. He examined the faces of everybody in the room, trying to figure out how many would be against Dearka in a fight that was bound to happen. Cagalli looked ready to kill something, whether it was because of lack of sleep, loss of alone-time with Athrun, or the fact that Dearka had done something like this (whatever `this' was) to Miriallia, he didn't know. Sai looked concerned for Mir, and would probably prefer to comfort her than beat somebody up, Lacus looked the same as Sai, Athrun looked a lot like Cagalli, although he looked like he felt less like killing something and more like torturing it. Kira eventually gave up trying to analyze Yzak. He didn't know him well enough to judge his emotions. Two was more than enough to comfort Mir. He'd join the fight. Why not? Sure, he wasn't usually a violent guy, but he'd do a lot to protect his friends.
 
Think fast, think fast! Dearka was desperate to find an explanation for the situation that wouldn't get him killed, but so far, nothing came to mind. Glancing behind him, he noticed a window. If he caught them off guard, maybe he could slip out the window and they'd all have cooled down by evening. The only flaws he could find were, 1. What if he didn't make it to the window in time? And 2. What if they hadn't cooled down by the evening? He could take a lot. But having 3 coordinators and one undecided against him was not something he would like to experience. And worse, what if that Kisaka guy came in? The guy was big, and not somebody he'd want to piss off. Although, he didn't seem like the type of guy to get involved in something like this unless it was to drag Cagalli out of it. Even if that did happen, he'd still have 3 angry coordinators coming at him. Dearka really didn't like the odds. There had to be some other way out of this mess, but what was it?
 
Athrun found this situation amusing and infuriating all at once. On one side, Dearka looked like he was about to get his ass kicked, and, if this was anything like the fights they'd had while in space, it would prove to be quite entertaining. But, the look Miriallia had on her face when he'd first entered made him feel… protective. He felt like she was his little sister, and after just a couple of hours of talking. He was getting soft. Next he'd probably be crying to her about how sorry he was that he'd killed her boyfriend. No, not her boyfriend. Tolle. He had a name, and a face. Athrun didn't exactly feel the need to get involved in this fight, he felt more like standing on the sidelines, but making Dearka think otherwise could make this situation even more interesting.
Miriallia felt extremely bad now. This was all probably just a misunderstanding, and she went and got everybody involved. Things weren't looking that good for Dearka. If only there was something she could do. Why was she feeling guilty? He had slept with her. Well, shared a bed with her. From what she could tell, he hadn't actually done anything. She bit her lip. Almost everybody else looked ready to kill. She had to do something about this, but what could she say? Nothing came to mind. Maybe she should just go and do something instead, and see what she came up with? It could work, and no better ideas were coming to mind. Taking in a deep breath, she told her legs to move between the miniature angry mob and Dearka. Nothing happened. They wouldn't move. She mentally screamed at them, begging them to move, but they did nothing. Time was running out, and she had to act quickly. She acted upon the first thought that came to mind. She collapsed.
 
Dearka's head snapped around when he heard the clatter. There was Miriallia, lying on the floor. What the hell? Had she fainted? Almost instantly everybody was at her side, trying to revive her. He had a clear path to the door. Nobody would even think twice about it now that they had Miriallia to worry about. But what about her? He shook his head to clear his thoughts. She would be fine. Standing slowly, being extra careful not to make the bed squeak, Dearka made his way to the door. He carefully slipped out. Nobody had seen him. He was safe. Or, so he thought.
“And where might you be going?” Shit. It was Yzak. He should have known better than to think that he would actually care enough to see if Miriallia was all right. Thinking quickly, Dearka responded.
“You. Saw. Nothing.” Before running down the hall. He doubted Yzak would tell them anything, but just incase, he took many turns, going down any hallway he could find.
 
Sitting up slowly, holding a hand to her head as if she had a headache, Miriallia looked around. There was no sigh of Dearka. So her plan had worked. She just had to pray that this wouldn't make everybody even angrier. Standing up, she shook her head lightly, and looked at everybody. It was kind of unnerving being the center of attention. “I'm fine.” She muttered. `Really convincing Mir.' Why did that damn voice have to pop up at the worst possible times?
“You're sure?” Sai asked, still sounding concerned. She nodded, before going to sit on the bed. This action brought attention to Dearka's absence.
“That bastard!” Cagalli shouted, obviously angry. “What a coward, running away like that.” She stomped to the door.
“No! Wait!” She couldn't stop herself. She had to prevent everybody from acting like idiots. They were all looking at her again. She hated it when they did that. Gathering her confidence, she looked up a little. “This is all probably just a misunderstanding. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for it all.”
 
Was that girl crazy? She must have hit her head when she fell. A perfectly good explanation? Who did she think she was kidding? Maybe some of the naturals, but defiantly not him. Unless… Athrun smirked. Maybe she didn't want them to kick his ass because she liked him. It was a possibility. Maybe he would hold off on the Dearka's ass kicking for a while, just to see how this played out.
“Somehow, I doubt that, but I don't really feel up to chasing him down. Why not wait until he comes back? It would be so much more enjoyable if he wasn't expecting it.”
 
Was Athrun actually going along with this? Kira had known him since he was a kid, and he had never wanted to hold off on `protecting the innocent' as he had put it back then. Why was he doing it now? His eyes narrowed. Something was up. Athrun wasn't the type to care about people he didn't know. Sure, he would show them courtesy, but he rarely truly cared. Had something happened recently between him and Mir? He couldn't see how. Things had been extremely awkward between the two. What could inspire them to get close? He was curious as to what was going on. Might as well play along to see how things would turn out.
 
Athrun was… agreeing with her? She had been so obvious that she was trying to cover for Dearka. This was strange. She didn't even know why she had done it. Why had she felt guilty? He had slept with her. Wait. That sounded wrong. Why did she keep referring to it as that? He had shared a bed with her. Without her knowledge. Had he expected to get off easy? But still… Athrun must have known something was up. Why wasn't he questioning her? Was he respecting her decision? Why? Had that talk last night changed their relationship to such an extreme? Could they honestly be considered friends now? She had figured that they would just be… not so awkward, not friends. Is it even possible to be friends with your boyfriend's killer? She had so many questions without answers. She was so confused. It wasn't bad enough that The Voice thought she was falling in love with somebody else; she was also becoming friends with her boyfriend's killer. She might actually faint for real this time. Miriallia really needed some air.
“I think I'll go outside for a little while.” She stated before heading out the door. As soon as she stepped through, she saw that other guy. What was his name again? Yzak? That sounded right. “Which way did he go?” She asked him. She had to talk to Dearka. He still wasn't totally off the hook. Oh no, defiantly not. He was going to get a stern talking to, and then maybe a day's worth of the silent treatment, unless he had an extremely good explanation for this, which she highly doubted.
 
Dearka had been running blindly for a good five minutes, and wasn't exactly sure where he was. He slowed to a swift walk, and tried to find any landmarks. Wandering down a hall that he knew was familiar, he stopped paying attention, focusing all his thought on remembering where he was. He quickly realized when he was hit in the face by a long wire. This was the back hallway with the roof entrance! How could he not have realized that sooner? He probably shouldn't go up there, with Athrun and Miriallia knowing where it was and all, but he did anyways.
 
She was pretty sure she knew where he would go. It was opposite the way that Yzak had pointed, but he'd had at least five minutes to double back or go through other hallways. She quickly made her way to the last place she remembered being the night before. Just as she had suspected, the stairs were once again pulled down. She climbed up, and sure enough, there sat Dearka. “You can be a real jerk sometimes, you know that?” She couldn't help but smirk when she saw him jump. Apparently she had been quiet enough to prevent him from noticing her.
“I'm well aware of that.” He said in a joking tone.
“What were you thinking last night?”
“Who says I was?” Miriallia rolled her eyes at that comment.
“Point taken. Why did you do it?”
“You didn't object.”
“I was asleep.”
“Whose fault was that?” She faltered at that one. True, it was her fault for falling asleep, but she hadn't exactly been expecting him to go to sleep with her.
“I think you owe me an apology.”
“Oh really?”
“And a thank you. I didn't have to do what I did.”
“I don't feel li- what do you mean you didn't have to do what you did? What did you do?”
“I totally faked that faint attack to save you from the beating of the century.”
 
Dearka stared at the girl in shock. She had pretended to faint so he could get out of a beating that he would have gotten in the first place because of her. Naturals hod some screwed up ways of thinking. “Well you wouldn't have had to done anything if you hadn't screamed.”
“Well I'm sorry for finding it scary when there's some strange guy in my bed. How would you feel if that happened to you?
“Well, if I woke up with a guy in my bed, I'd start wondering what the hell I had to drink the night before.”
 
This guy was hopeless! Could he take anything seriously? Most likely not. “Do you enjoy being difficult?”
“Why but of coarse!” It was all she could do to keep herself from screaming.
“You really want me to call everybody up here get you beat up, because you know, if you did, I would be more than happy to do it. You are being such a jerk right now, I don't even know why I don't do it. Maybe I just want you to have time to come up with a good cover story, but that would be stupid because if your story was good enough they'd let you off that hook and that wouldn't be good because then there'd be no point to this other than to make me feel like an idiot and I really don't want that to happen so maybe I should just call them up right now, but they probably wouldn't hear me so I'd have to go get them which would give you time to get away and we couldn't have that happe-” Her rambling was cut off when he pressed his lips to hers. Her whole body tensed and she had no idea what to do. She just let go. Slowly, her muscles relaxed and she sunk into the kiss. He tasted amazing. Somewhere, in the back of her mind she was telling her self that this was wrong, but it didn't feel wrong. It felt so right. Once the need for air became greater than their need for each other, they broke apart. Miriallia stared wide-eyed at him. Shock was the only thing she felt. What had she done?
 
 
 
A/N: Finally done. I suffered through so much writer's block in this chapter it's not even funny. Not as long as I'd hoped it to be, but at least I made it 5 pages, which was the minimum lenght I promised myself it would be when I started it. I honestly didn't expect this to turn out like this. At the beginning it was more of a `Dearka gets a major ass-kicking and Miriallia nurses him back to health' kind of idea, but this worked out so much better. I'll probably make this into a 5-6-chapter story. I already have an idea for a new story once this is done.