Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Descendent ❯ Loss. ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: I said this once and I'm going to repeat myself . . . . . . I don't own any of the character in this story on even the cute little baby. (I wish I could own him. . . . . ) This is a Crossover; with Gundam Wing BUT I own that Descendent gundam so hands off! Read and relaxed.
 
 
Title: Gundam Descendent
 
Chapter Five: Loss.
 
“NICOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” As Athrun watches the Blitz Gundam exploded into ashes. (I've always wondered where were the leftover of the Blitz in the end.) Athrun then began to rage at Kira who was shaken as he looked at his hands.
 
“I kill someone, I kill someone…………” AS the Buster and Duel Gundam decided to raised for the water. “Nicol!”
 
“No, Nicol………” Athrun was about to attack the studded Kira, when the Archangel began to attack Athrun and his group.
 
“We deal with this later Kira Yamato…………Retreat!” The Buster, Duel and the Agies Gundam retreated into the water to the safety of the Bosugolof sub. “Kira, Returned to base.”
 
 
///////////////////////////////////////
 
 
In the Archangel
 
Everybody was congratulating Kira for the success of destroying the Blitz Gundam, (RIGHT!) but Kira had a huge, guilt eating him up. `I killed someone……… today………' But that was pushed aside when Duo came running. “PAPA!”
 
Duo pounce on his father, who then held him an arm length way. “Papa?” Kira did not look at Duo in the face. “Don't come any closer, Duo………… Papa is a Killer now.” As he put Duo down and was about to walk away, when Duo grab hold of Kira's legs making him fall face down.
“Duo!” The young brown head kid had a death grip on Kira's legs. “Duo, let go…………” Duo shook his head as tears ran down his face. “Papa, not killer. Papa did not kill anyone on purpose…………” Kira looked at Duo whose now sobbing. “Papa don't put all the pursuer on yourself, Papa sad, I too.” Duo had crawled up to Kira's chest, sobbing as he hugged Kira. “It was never your fault papa, he was in the way…………”
 
Kira eyes widen. “Duo you…………” He looked down to see Duo who had cried himself to sleep. “Duo.” A small smile appeared on his face, he had wonder how do Duo made all the sad things into happy things.
 
`Boy I'm tired…………I shouldn't had use that much energy, at least papa is not feeling guilty.'
 
///////////////////////////
 
In the Bosugolof Sub
 
“Sir, I found the Archangel.” This got Yzak, Dearka and Athrun's attention, as the soldier explained the course the Archangel is taking.
 
“Today I'm going to make you pay………. Strike.” Yzak mumble with rage, Dearka seems to agree while Athrun kept in silence rage.
 
“Lets go.”
 
/////////////////////////
 
Back at the Archangel
 
Kira sat in front of the strike gundam with Duo sleeping by his side. “Tori?”
 
“Shhh………” As he stroke Duo, watching over him like a mother, but his peacefulness was destroy by the sound of the alarm. `No, not now.'
 
“Everybody to your station! Zaft Attacking!” Kira hurry yet gentle carried the sleeping Duo whose sleeping like a log, and rushed towards his changing room. “Kira?”
 
Kira turned around to see Fllay standing a few feet behind. “Kira……… I……… I………”
 
“Sorry, I've no time to talk, I got to go. We talk when I returned.” As he continue towards the changing room………
 
//////////////////////////
 
Outside, Aegis, Buster and Duel gundam were on their Gools. (Those flying things.) “Okay, I'm starting first!” The Buster gundam open fire at the Archangel, which barely avoid the blast.
 
Natarle ordered to open fire as well, asking Fraga to launch out the skygrasper, while Kira was on stand by.
“ I'm going to shoot everyone of you Zaft down!”
 
///////////////////////////////
 
When both sides saw their enemies, they started to open fire, Fraga was in a shooting gallery with the Buster, while the sky gets darker, and Kira was up against the Aegis and the Duel gundam.
 
Making Kira dance in the air as beams were shot almost at every direction, while Athrun was determined to kill Kira. He decided to make the archangel defenceless by shooting down their weapons.
 
//////////////////////////
 
 
Duo woke up in Kira's bedroom as the whole ship shook. “W-what's happening?” He look around his surroundings at first when…………
“No!! PAPA!!”
 
Quickly rushed out despite the shakiness to the control room. (Funny. Duo rush out, Fllay then rush in.)
 
//////////////////////////
 
“I'll never forgive you! For what you done!!”
 
Duel gundam was able to get close to Kira who jumped into the air, using his beam saber, but Athrun on the other hand had other plans…………like destroying the Archangel and damaging one of their weapons.
 
“Let me launch the skygrasper!!”
 
“Tolle…………”
 
////////////////////////////////
 
Kira was really having a hard time with the duel using his rifle making a nice hole in the Duel's right leg also making Yzak lose his balance of his gool, but not without destroying Kira's rifle.
 
After defecting one gundam another appeared. “KIRA!!” Athrun kept on shooting till he was able to land Kira o one of the nearby islands.
 
“AHHHH!!!!!!!” Athrun was about to slice Kira if it's not for his shield. “Damn it!” A bloody war started between the two formal friends.
 
/////////////////////////////
 
As the very damage archangel descended to an island, the buster gundam approaches. “You're in for it!”
“Not if I can help it!!” Fraga shot his beam into the Buster's gool. “Not good.” The Buster quickly jumped off his good, Fraga was hot on his trail, joining his two guns together as he tried to shoot the flying bug (Fraga), which gave back his shot.
 
But then Fraga's skygrasper's wing was shot, while the buster lost an arm. “Shoot! Move, come on! I can't lose!” Dearka then look at the screen to see the archangel's remain weapons aiming at him. `On second thought, I give up.'
 
/////////////////////////////
 
Now back to the strike and the Aegis whose battle were going stronger and stronger, is that they are either kicking, punching or back to sword fighting.
 
“This is for Nicol………… You killed Nicol!” Athrun yelled in rage ashes transformed the aegis and tried to shoot Kira who again move away.
 
“Kira!”
 
When caught a glance of a skygrasper and the owner of that voice.
 
“TOLLE! No! Don't come any closer!”
 
But Tolle was deaf ears to Kira's plea, as he fire out his missiles at Athrun who jumped out of the way and boomerang his shield at Tolle.
 
`No………'
 
As soon it smashed into the cockpit, it killed Tolle instantly and the skygrasper exploded…………… “T-TO-TOLLE!!” On Miriallia's screen one of the boxes flashed `Signal lost'.
“What?”
 
This made Kira go into seed mode and wildly attack the aegis gundam, in anger. “I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!”
 
Duo who was making his way towards the control room, when a small pain, like a bee sting, stopped him in his tracks………… “Someone just died…………not enough energy to bring him back………PAPA!”
 
/////////////////////////////
 
By the death of Tolle, Kira when in to seed mode and started to attack the Aegis gundam wildly, by slicing off it's right arm. That `s when Athrun when into seed mode as his gundam was losing power.
 
“I want……………to kill you!” Athrun separates Kira from his shield, which beheaded the Aegis gundam, then Athrun slices off the strike's left arm, which broke into his cockpit. “ATHRUN!”
 
“KIRA!” As he transforms his gundam and grab hold of the of the strike getting ready to fire at point blank rage, but as soon as his gundam ran out of power and the phase shift drains away he was powerless. “Shoot!”
 
He quickly actives the self destruct which gave him a minute to escape, when Kira saw Athrun flying away, something click into his head as a gasp escaped from his mouth.
 
“No…………I'm sorry Duo…………” A single tear flow down his face, as the Aegis exploded along with the Strike.
 
//////////////////////////////
 
Now on Miriallia's screen there are two signals lost. “Huh?” Duo finally reaches to the control room, but when the same pain returned more powerful then before. “P-papa………ug.”
 
The pain is so painful that he stumbles into the control room. “Papa…………” Murrur quickly left her seat and to the fallen Duo. “Are you alright?” Duo grips his chest tightly. “The pain………… It hurts………papa……… Something happen to papa…” Miriallia quickly tried to contact either Kira or Tolle (If can.)
 
“Kira! Tolle! Please answer!” Everybody was in silence hoping that one of them will reply. “Tolle! Kira!” She watches the two `Signals lost' flashes in front of her unchanged.
 
“What's going on?” It was Fraga on the screen. “We lost signal on the strike and the other skygrasper.” Murrue said holding the shaken Duo, Fraga's eyes widen. At the background Duo could hear Miriallia screaming over the mid fro Kira or Tolle till Natarle stopped her, telling her to accept that they are both M.I.A. “Papa.” Tears dripped down his face.
 
`If I don't watch you for a moment, everything when wrong………' The archangel's radar detected several Bogeys and other unwelcomers. “ There are also three DINNs, they are 15 minutes away from where we are.”
 
“Then we just fight them………” Murrue said, when Natarle stood up. “But we can't do anything, half of our weapons won't work.” Then Fraga appeared on the screen again. “Let me go!”
 
“No, major your skygrasper is too damaged………… I can see it from here as it's right behind you.”
 
Fraga looked behind and scratched his head. “Ha………ha………… I guess your right.”
 
`I should have not landed it there…………'
 
As the archangel quickly leave the area before they become target practice for the enemies.
 
/////////////////////////////////////
 
Soon the archangel had reached the Alaska base, while Murrue was soothing the now sobbing Duo when the phone rang.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Captain, Major Fraga Keeps bugging me to fix his skygrasper and something about looking for Kira and Tolle.” It was one of the workers in the hanger. “Thank you Murdoch, I'll be down there…………” Putting down the phone and make he way down with Duo in her arm. “We are going to see uncle Fraga.” Trying to cheer Kira's son who was pretty quite.
 
//////////////////////////////////
 
“Major Fraga………” The blonde lutenit turned around sporting the captain of the archangel walking towards him with Duo in her arms. “You can't go out, I won't allow it.”
 
“But those two could be alive…………”
 
“I can't let you go out there alone!” Putting Duo down as the two argued, Duo then spotted Natarle holding two boxes, deciding to follow her then listen to another two lovebirds. He saw her giving the two boxers to Sai.
 
“I want you to clear Kira's and Tolle's belongings.”
 
“That's too early! We don't even know if they are really dead…………” Sai replied. “They are M.I.A, if you can't accept it you be the next one to die.” Duo had heard enough as he was about to run when he saw a tan skin Zaft pilot with blonde hair walking down the hall way grumbling and mumbling.
 
 
When he spotted Duo staring at him. “Since when the earth forces, take in children as soldiers?” Duo's face did not have any reaction but his body does, he gave the blonde hair pilot a kick in the area that hurts the most and ran off.
 
`Idiot.'
 
///////////////////////////////////////
 
Everyone on the archangel were terrible upset, first Miriallia was weeping at the lost of her boyfriend, Fllay was stun when she heard that Kira was on M.I.A.
 
Duo was running towards the hanger where they kept the gundams and the skygrasper, he was running towards the one with a cloth coving it. “Descendant………”
Although with the heavy cloth, a pair of green light blinked and a soft hiss was heard. Duo quickly climbed into the cockpit and sat on the seat, curled into a ball on the seat. “Papa………” Then there was a flashback of a man wearing a priest clothing smiling at him.
 
“Father Maxwell.” Tears dripped down his heart shape face. “I've lost my family once, now I've lose another…………” Duo still remember what happen to his father when they landed on earth…………
 
/////////////////////
 
<FLASH BACK>
 
Duo sat beside his fever father as he watch his father suffer in his fever dreams…………
 
“Kira!” Both Miriallia and Fllay rushed towards Kira who pushed the curtains and was now half dangling from the bed.
 
“Are you alright?” Miriallia asked as she checked the IV dropper while Fllay pulled the covers. “He soak in sweat, what are we going to do for him? Duo's eyes harden at Fllay, but he notice that his father had open his eyes but he wasn't in there. (Body here, mind somewhere elas.)
 
“All I know is, his fever wouldn't go down………”
 
“Where that doctor go?” Duo watch is silence as his father slept on.
 
////////////////////////////
 
Later
 
“So as I said despite his fever there's no infection or internal damage either, right now we can't do much more then give him liquid and lower his body temperature…………” Not want to hear any more while he wipes the sweat from Kira's face. (He snatches the cloth from Fllay)
 
“That's it?” Sai asked. “Well this is a first time to gibe treatment to a coordinator, I don't claim to be an expect when treating him. However what I do understand that their physical function are more better then ors, if I were you I worry to much about it………” As the doctor continues…………
 
“He may look that same as the rest of us but his…………” The words were drowned out as he continues to watch his father, but he did pick up a few things about his father's body. Making Duo feel like he been a lab rat under observation.
 
“Did you hear about the extreme temperatures in his mobile cockpit?” The doctor asked. “No, we didn't.”
 
“Man, I'm sure that none of us will survived, this fever is nothing compare to some.” Sai turned to look at Fllay as she and Duo were having a glaring contest.
 
“Fraga here, I'm coming in.” As the doors open as the blonde hair lieutenant waltz in. “Old man Muu!” Only to be pounce by Duo, Fraga who then covered his mouth and place his finger onto Duo lips. “Shhhhh…………” Then pointed to Kira.
 
“Gomen.” Duo then clapped both his hands onto his mouth, in a very cute way.
 
“Er……… Is there something I could know about?” Fraga asked. “I was taking sometime to explain…………” Fraga gave Duo to Sai who watches with a worried expression. “His abilities are more advance them us…………”
 
////////////////////////
 
Kira slowly open his eyes to see his mechanical bird, Tori greeting him.
 
“Tori?” Then the Curtin was drawn open to find Duo's cheerful smile. “Papa! Your awake!”
 
“Yeah I'm awake, and all I need is a friendly face or a very cheerful face.” As he was about to sit up, but if it hadn't for Duo who sat on his chest, making him unable to move. “You can't sit up yet, papa.”
 
“Where am I by the way?”
 
“We are at the sick bay, they told us that your knock out when you landed on the ship.” Duo got off Kira who had a big smile on his face. “So we must have landed…………”
 
“On earth, but in the middle of a desert is mot my idea………… TOO HOT!!!” Complained Duo, making his father giggle at Duo fanning himself.
 
////////////////////////////
 
“Really! Kira had awaken?” Miriallia asked. “Yeah! It just happens awhile ago.” Tolle replied. “They think he's okay, so they're transferring him back to his quarters.” Sai continued for Tolle who gave him a little shove.
 
“Fllay when over there to take his meals to him.”
 
Then the door slides open to find a very happy Duo carrying two empty er………make that three empty trays. “Hey there little guy, what's with the sunshine?”
 
“So how's Kira or your father?”
 
“He so much better, he ate a lot and so fast, I even lost to him in the competition. Although the guy in white told him to stay in bed today………” Duo suddenly when silence when his place the trays in the sink.
“Is my dad that different…………from all of us?”
 
Both Miriallia and Tolle were now puzzled. “No, not that different kid.” Tolle replied. “But I thought Fllay is with Kira?”
 
“Nope, she had gone over to Natarle who got herself into some trouble.” Duo was able to grab two cups and started to fill it with water. “Duo, your father is a coordinator, people who ere born not normal, but upgraded…………” Duo slammed the counter as his eyes narrowed dangerous at the people in front of him.
“But…………but that didn't change that he's human!” Kira's classmates were shocked; they have witness Duo first blow up, finally realised what he did………… “I'll be with papa………” Rushing at of the room with the two cups.
 
“Duo……… He's still a kid…………right………” Kazui mumble to himself, “But did you guys notice? Duo is acting more then a kid, just now when he snapped. I thought I saw an angry man looking back at us.” Miriallia told them what she just saw…………
 
//////////////////////////////
 
As Duo walked slowly towards Kira's room………… “He's not dangerous to us, though we did found him in an unknown space port, he have a growing problem back there. He's now at least four years old, but have you also notice Duo is somehow very protective over Kira?”
 
“Now you say it, I remember Duo had snatch that cloth from Fllay and they both now hate each other………”
 
“They already hate each other Sai, didn't you remember Fllay pushed him into a freezer?”
 
“That could be an accident Tolle.”
 
“Let's hope Duo don't get angry at us for talking behind his back, I rather forget we even had this conversation.”
 
////////////////////////////////////
 
“Papa?” Kira looked up to see Duo standing at the door with a paper flower. “Papa, They asked me to pass this to you, they found it in your cockpit.” Duo saw his father's eyes widen as Duo felt the feeling of guilty been washed over him. `Dad?' Kira quickly stood up, Duo could see his father's hands shaking towards the paper flower, as he took it form Duo's hand. “Papa?” Duo then heard sobbing.
 
“That little girl, I couldn't save her.” After that Kira dropped to his knees, while Duo rushed to his father. “Papa.” Soon tears also flow freely down his face. `It's not your fault.' Kira looked up and met Duo's crying face. “It's not your fault…………” The two hugged each other. `It's going to be all right, father. I will protect you, that was my mission after all.'
 
<END OF FLASHBACK>
 
///////////////////////////
 
Duo then closed his eyes as unable to hold the tears, letting them flow freely. `I fail………… I fail…………'
 
“I FAIL TO PROTECT MY DAD!!!!!”
 
The scream was heard from almost every place and speaker of the Archangel, Duo lean back into his seat of the gundam descendant, he look at his side to find a black and red mechanical look-alike Tori, only bigger and sprout out two what looks like fins on it's head.
 
(I was at the megaman section when I thinking of the design……… Think Bass.)
 
Duo presses a button on its chest as the bird-like spring to life. “Mu!!” Then Duo put a small container into the black mechanical bird. “Herro, I want you to find my father, across the land, over the sea and into space. Do what you must, dad is alive I can feel him………but it's faint.”
 
“Understood.” The mechanical bird jumped onto Duo's arm as he open the gundam descendant door; the mechanical bird then flew into the air following Duo's order. “Mu.”
 
“Stay with him or listen to him make sure he receive my voice recording…………” As Duo watches the black mechanical bird, Herro disappeared into the red sky. “Papa. Please come back, I need you.” As he leans further into the seat as he closed his eyes to take a nap…………
As a tear some how escape from his eyes.
 
 
///////////////////////////////////////////
 
Part five completed. Now for those of you want to know about the catch story of the last chapter………………………̷ 0;…………<Sweatdrop>
 
Turn around to look at the scrip. It's not completed, but I want to ask you guys or girls this, you want it in one shot or chapter-by-chapter?
 
Please answer them in your reviews.
 
Next chapter: almost like the animation, Duo is really missing in the next story, Wait, who that Gundam?
 
Please review. Thank you and have a good day.
 
 
//////////////////////////////////////////